PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing of the wall right now. Ask me anything.

Pages : [1] 2

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:13 PM
So, yeah. Can't sleep, and I'm on vacation at a nice beach... at midnight. Ask me whatever you want, and I'll answer it to the best of my ability. Just make sure it's related to PSU.

hans4
Oct 20, 2006, 11:14 PM
do u own the 360 beta?

Garnet_Moon
Oct 20, 2006, 11:15 PM
Can I borrow 10,000 Meseta when retail comes out? o.O

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:16 PM
I played the 360 beta to Lv17 as a CAST Ranger, then my account was corrupted by an improper logout. Been forum whorin' ever since, and let me tell you business is good.

Borrow 10,000 meseta? Maybe, if you're nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-20 21:18 ]</font>

ThisIsMyPanic
Oct 20, 2006, 11:16 PM
Well, I'm not sure if its been answered, but I've always wondered about Cards.

If you wouldn't mind answering it,

How does the weapon work and what class is it meant for?

Many thanks

Flunky
Oct 20, 2006, 11:17 PM
Out of curiousity, what was your 360 beta character's name? (you played the beta, right?)

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:18 PM
Cards are meant for a backup force weapon, say, if you use wands (You can have a Card/Wand combo in one palette.) You throw two cards at a time, they go up in the air for about a second, then home in on the enemy. They have about the same range as a handgun.

My character's name was FenixStryk. Surprise, surprise!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-20 21:19 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 20, 2006, 11:19 PM
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie roll with a PSU wrapper.

ThisIsMyPanic
Oct 20, 2006, 11:19 PM
I see, thanks for clearing that up!

BlueInfinity
Oct 20, 2006, 11:20 PM
If you coud be a character from pso who would it be and why.

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:20 PM
It takes roughly 1000 hours of grinding to get to the center of a PSU-wrapped Tootsie roll. That's because when you play PSU, you can't lick, so you have to use sweat instead. ;p

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:21 PM
If you mean like live the life of a PSO character? I'd be a RAcast. The RAcaseals are that hot. ^_^

Garnet_Moon
Oct 20, 2006, 11:22 PM
I'll be on my best behavior then. :3

What types of weapons did you see for Forces either in shops, or on their character? I'm kinda interested in the longbows for the occasional excersize from techniques, so if you've seen those in game what levels had them?

I know about the Cards, handguns, rods, staffs, and sabers. Already saw videos for those. Have yet to see any longbow ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-20 21:23 ]</font>

TheStoicOne
Oct 20, 2006, 11:25 PM
Why should I ask you this question?
And why will you answer it?
Why am I online?

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:26 PM
I saw a lot of Forces using rods, likely due to higher TAP and PP. Rarely did I see wands, and I only saw longbows once. In the beta, I believe they sold wands, rods, and longbows. There might have been cards, but I didn't see them. From what I hear, longbows are like Rifles, but do more damage, are more accurate, but have a halfsecond fire-time (pulling the bow back) and have a slightly slower bullet. Not too bad, especially if you can't use Rifles.

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:28 PM
You should ask me a question because I'm a fairly reliable source, and an eager one.
I will answer it because I have nothing better to do whatsoever.
I do not know wh you are online, but I will guess that PSU interests you or puzzles you.

TheStoicOne
Oct 20, 2006, 11:29 PM
you win. Now I am going to ask you nothing more! You may pass.

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:31 PM
Woot! I passed! =D

TheStoicOne
Oct 20, 2006, 11:33 PM
Wait! I changed my mind! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif
Did you play PSO?

Garnet_Moon
Oct 20, 2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the info.

Now for some more opinion orientated questions...

What are you in the beta? Why did you choose that race/class combo? What is your biggest concern about this combo, if any, when retail is released? Would you recommened this combo to anyone else?

(you already answered Q1 on page one... just go with it >_>)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-20 21:34 ]</font>

Flunky
Oct 20, 2006, 11:34 PM
Longbows are spiffy.

They're noticeably more powerful than rifles (in weapon stats, at least). They look kinda interesting, and they fit the motif of a force pretty well: if you can deal with not regenerating PP in a rod or cane they make good support fire. The time to draw the bow isn't -that- long, but you'll need to take it into account when firing at faster enemies.

Not regenerating a wand/rod while using a longbow can be a noticeable downside, though. You need to have something actively equipped for the PP to regenerate, most forces I saw using bows tended to use magic a good deal less for attacking.

TheStoicOne
Oct 20, 2006, 11:35 PM
Your not Fenix-Stryk! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2006-10-20 21:38 ]</font>

Blenjar
Oct 20, 2006, 11:37 PM
Did you invite people you hated into your room after redecorating it?

Or were you invited by someone else?

Am I having fun playing PSU on my 360 right now?

What level were you?

Are you going online or offline when u get it.

How long are you planning to play this game.

TheStoicOne
Oct 20, 2006, 11:39 PM
I second that...er those!!!

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:40 PM
As I said before, I was a RAcast. plan to be a CAST Guntecher, since I really, relly love strafing and shooting at the same time. My biggest concern is its lack of strong ranged S-rank weapons and TP. I would not recommend it to others since it lacks magical OOMPH, but if you only want support magic to go with your guns, go for it.

I played PSO on DC and Xbox. Reached Lv76 HUcast and Lv 45 RAcast on DC, didn't get too far into Xbox.

Thanks for the extra info on longbows, Flunky.

I am FenixStryk, not Fenix-Stryk. I have been FenixStryk for almost a decade. I am the original.

TheStoicOne
Oct 20, 2006, 11:41 PM
WHERE ARE YOU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Garnet_Moon
Oct 20, 2006, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the info.

If I throw a party in my room, will you attend? >.>;

TheStoicOne
Oct 20, 2006, 11:43 PM
Fenixstryk, okay no hiphon.

FenixStryk
I never redecorated my room to begin with, but if I did, I might've invited someone into it, since it was only a beta.
I was not invited by someone else.
You are likely not having fun playing PSU right now since you are posting on the PSOW forums. The likelyhood of you doing both at the same time is slim, and can only be doe if a) you have a laptop or b) your desktop PC is right next to your TV/360.
Beta, lv17, DC, Lv 76 HUcast, Lv 45 RAcast.
Offline first. I want to know the story.
I plan on playing this game for at least a year, if not more.

Fin
What's the best way to convince people you know to start playing PSU? >.>

TheStoicOne
Oct 20, 2006, 11:44 PM
How tall was your character
taller that 5'
Shorter than 5'
Are you getting Psu-X?

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:46 PM
I am currently at a Ritz Carlton hotel. Thank god they have free high-speed internet in the room. Sorry for any delay in answering questions, my browser hiccuped for about 2 minutes.
I will likely not attend a party in your room unless I know for a fact someone else went in there and said it was safe, or if it was the beta.
The best way to convince a friend to play PSU is to show it to them first person.

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:47 PM
My character was relatively short. About 1.5 feet shorter than normal. i will make him slightly taller in retail, but still below normal.
I do not understand the meaning of PSU-X. If you mean PSU for PS2/PC, no.

TheStoicOne
Oct 20, 2006, 11:48 PM
I think I'm going a lil' too fast, yes or no?

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:49 PM
Threads like these tend to go really fast, expecially on GameFAQs. At least I am keeping up somewhat. I haven't missed a question yet, so hey!

I do have a few typos though. =[

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-20 21:50 ]</font>

Flunky
Oct 20, 2006, 11:49 PM
About those death rooms (in the beta, at least).

While checking out player shops I ran into a few of them. You do get stuck, but for me just logging out and back in put me back in my room (which was thankfully -not- bugged... learned about the bug right before I went out to buy a redecorate ticket, too). If that bug's in the main version, well... it shouldn't be.

TheStoicOne
Oct 20, 2006, 11:50 PM
PsU-X is like PSO-X, Phantasy star Univers-X-Box
So maube it should be PSU-X3, What do you think.
Your grammar is impecable for sch fast typing, how do you accomplish this at such high speeds? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blenjar
Oct 20, 2006, 11:52 PM
Yes I'm using my PC which is next to my tv.xbox360...

I hear no one is allow to go create characters..is that true?

What should I do on my remaining hours? Go in lobbie and say the same thing over? Offer a service by selling myself for 200 meseta per block?

I got a friend in my room bugging me..what should I do?

-- Blen

Numnuttz
hmm i got a question . it just came to me as i was lookin at my beta room for the last time. is there a way to remove boards from your pm besides using it all up. ?

FenixStryk
Good idea on gettng out of death rooms. If your room isn't deadly, surely you can choose to return to it instead of going to the one you were invited to.
I personally think it would be better to call it PSU360. More direct.
My grammar is not the problem. It's the spelling. =] besides, proper grammar comes to me naturally. I do use a lot of commas, though. =o

TheStoicOne
Oct 20, 2006, 11:54 PM
Sell yourself defintely! 200 meseta isn't enough you should raise the price a bit.
Oh and I'm filling in for Fenix atm!

TheStoicOne
Oct 20, 2006, 11:55 PM
Blenjar whered you get that name? I say it aloud eveytime I see it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:55 PM
I do not know if it is possible to remove boards from your PM since I never actually had the need to. However, I'd imagine you can put more than one board in, or overwrite boards if necessary.
Some people are not allowed to make characters, either due to a bug or just because the beta is nearly over.
Since the beta is almost over, just give everything away and shout random messages of armageddon arriving soon, preferrably almost naked.
If your friend is bugging you, tell him to leave your house or give him something to calm him down. Preferrably a GameBoy of some sort.

Sizzors
Oct 20, 2006, 11:56 PM
Why do you feel like flaming me when all I said was to watch out for exp. whores and that they will most likely multiply in the real game?

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:56 PM
I personally shout out BLEEMO!!!! whenever I see it. Great name.

TheStoicOne
Oct 20, 2006, 11:57 PM
Wow! Apparently I know when I am not needed!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:57 PM
Your story is not even remotely believable, so I refuse to let such things go by unnoticed. That, and I'm a pompous prick on occasions.

Numnuttz
Oct 20, 2006, 11:58 PM
i ended up selling everything and trying out what the decorations looked like. aww the toliet, that will be my new thinking chair in the game when im in my room.

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 11:58 PM
LOL. Stoic, you can answer too if you want. 2nd opinions never hurt.

Sizzors
Oct 20, 2006, 11:59 PM
On 2006-10-20 21:57, FenixStryk wrote:
Your story is not even remotely believable, so I refuse to let such things go by unnoticed. That, and I'm a pompous prick on occasions.

OK then, just for you, I made the whole story up, but be warned about the exp whore plague!

TheStoicOne
Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_kuddel.gif

FenixStryk
I figured. I also figure that EXP Whores, although annoying, will not be a major threat due to Blacklists and general exile from the community once they get around. Thank you for the amusing story, however.

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 12:00 AM
I made Blenjar for my RAmar in PSO (DC)...originally Blenjar.88. to get the red ID..Quikar was my first HUmar name but later on got bored of hunters...Smadar is my Force, Cutar is my Beast (used to be my FOrmarl in PSOX) Robar was my HUcast (PSOX) and Mini-Con (PSOX) was my RAcast.but now I know its actually Mini-Tron (Cast) in PSU.
Read my signature...

TheStoicOne
P.S. They're kissing cousins

FenixStryk
Woot, over 50 posts! That was fast.

Nani-chan
Oct 21, 2006, 12:01 AM
Fen have you tried cast force? It's not so bad, need to not put yourself down constantly.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:01 AM
Interesting story, BLENJARRR!!!
Kissing cousins? o_o;;

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:02 AM
Blenjar do you like latan?
What about you Fenix?
Wow this is a good conversation!!
Blenjar were you writing your response and then was suprised to see that this thread already grew to 4 posts?
Wait what was my question?
This is fun!! I never get to do stuff like this!!!!!!!!!!!

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:02 AM
I've yet to actually try a CAST Force's magical aspects, but I doubt it's as bad as people say. however, I do know that even IF the magic sucks, it will not hinder me since I prefer guns anyway.

Sizzors
Oct 21, 2006, 12:04 AM
On 2006-10-20 21:59, FenixStryk wrote:
I figured. I also figure that EXP Whores, although annoying, will not be a major threat due to Blacklists and general exile from the community once they get around. Thank you for the amusing story, however.

Blacklist?

TheStoicOne
@fenix:So from all the gamers you've seen so far, what is the majority race of players?

FenixStryk
I do not understand the meaning of latan. If latan is a user, I am not familiar enough to critique him/her. if by latan you mean latin, as in latin music, it's ok, but it wears on me. if latan has another meaning, I mised it entirely.

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 12:05 AM
I dont do latan but I speak french fluently as it is my first language.
And yes I'm surprise. =]

-- Blen

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 12:06 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:04, FenixStryk wrote:
I do not understand the meaning of latan. If latan is a user, I am not familiar enough to critique him/her. if by latan you mean latin, as in latin music, it's ok, but it wears on me. if latan has another meaning, I mised it entirely.

+1

-- Blen

TheStoicOne
LOL! I meant latin! I got all tongue twisted seeing all of the patterned letters! Get off my back!!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FenixStryk
I've seen a decent mix of players, but I see a alightly larger percentage of CASTS, likely because they stick out so well.
Players can be Blacklisted if you do not like them. if someone is on your Blacklist, they are not allowed to play with you, ever.

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 12:07 AM
My user names were created by PSO..
Thats how deep im into this.

-- Blen

Sizzors
On 2006-10-20 22:06, FenixStryk wrote:
I've seen a decent mix of players, but I see a alightly larger percentage of CASTS, likely because they stick out so well.
Players can be Blacklisted if you do not like them. if someone is on your Blacklist, they are not allowed to play with you, ever.

That would have been lovely to know about 8 hours ago...

TheStoicOne
NO Blen!!! Can I have 1?

Nani-chan
Oct 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
I have tried it, I changed my lvl 14 ranger to force in Beta. I sent a lvl 1 wand from a mule, nuked a bit and it was low. However later when I bought a 2k meseta wand with +200 more Tp my nuke dmg rose.

I'll admit that we are worse than equally equipped forces but wands will give us +100-400 Tap as we rise from C to A wands.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
That's what I'm here for. As well as the PSOW community. That, and it was only a beta, i.e. a learning experience, thus it is not surprising that you missed a few details.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:11 AM
Nani-chan, nice details, and the details are as I expected. Thanks.

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:12 AM
Yep browser problems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2006-10-20 22:19 ]</font>

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 12:12 AM
Thankfully, when the full release comes we'll get a fancy new manual that we'll hopefully all read, and thus be aware of things like blacklists. For the first few minutes of beta I didn't know how to do much besides move and attack... kinda yucky, really wanted a manual then.

Still, being able to do cut-in chats or female emotes and baffle others was fun the first few hours. Preposterous! (cut to dramatic-yet-expressionless roboface with streaking lines in background)

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 12:13 AM
If it worked.
Would it had been fun to create a level 1 character half hour before the demo ends and just run around asking for help on how to play?
What is STA?

-- Blen

Nani-chan
Dual handguns

TheStoicOne
Whoa, you guys are gettin all serious now?
Fine I guess its appropriate to post another legitimate question.
What is your favorite weapon so far? And you don't have to say why.

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:14 AM
:Edited out:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2006-10-20 22:15 ]</font>

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 12:15 AM
You forgot to answer my question.... >_>

-- Blen

Sizzors
3 posts of the same text?

FenixStryk
Blast! Nani beat me to it, and it was my favorite weapon! I will, however tell you why. Besides better accuracy, ammo, and general usefulness over Mechguns, you can still strafe with them. And you look like a Texas Ranger. Kickass!

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:16 AM
I'm going to assume the triple post was a horrible twist of fate caused by a browser error or too many clicks of Submit.

Sizzors
Oct 21, 2006, 12:17 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:17, TheStoicOne wrote:
I guess that your familiar with Chuck Norris?
What do you think Chuck Norris would be if he played this game?

Chuck norris class and race...

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:17 AM
I guess that your familiar with Chuck Norris?
What do you think Chuck Norris would be if he played this game?

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:18 AM
Chuck Norris would be a Lv1 Human Ranger. And he would still be able to kill Olga Flow. In one hit. With his leg.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 12:18 AM
Ooh, ooh, favorite weapon?

DAGGER! Fast, good power, offhand pistol, PAs that let my stout robo breakdance while sending everything nearby flying... so much fun. Knuckles might be a close second, much more handy than I initially assumed they'd be. Machine guns were sadly disappointing... one of the reasons I switched over to hunter early on.

Sizzors
Oct 21, 2006, 12:20 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:18, FenixStryk wrote:
Chuck Norris would be a Lv1 Human Ranger. And he would still be able to kill Olga Flow. In one hit. With his leg.

It would only take half a hit.

NeuroNomad
Oct 21, 2006, 12:20 AM
Okay I am a complete PS newb. I haven't played any PS title much less PSO. Since I just have a PC I didn't get to try out the XBox beta so there are a few things I am curious about.

Being a vetern MMO gamer I have a few questions. While I know that PSU isn't a true MMO I think these are still vaild questions.

Is there a Death Penaty? What happens when you die while on a misison?

I am not sure I understand the rank system that people mention. I have read a bunch of comments but still don't really get it when someone says C mission or S missions.

Thanks.

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:21 AM
Wow! And yes browser probs.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:21 AM
In the beta, the only major death penalty was a decrease in the mission rank you got and you having to walk back or wait for a revive. Much less severe than in DC PSO, where you lost your weapon, all your money, and some XP.

You get ranks for missions, depending on how much of the total time you were in the mission, how many enemies you killed, and whether or not people died. Ranks go from C to S, S being the best.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-20 22:22 ]</font>

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:22 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:20, Sizzors wrote:

On 2006-10-20 22:18, FenixStryk wrote:

It would only take half a hit.

Half a thought http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 12:22 AM
No -direct- death penalty, as far as I'm aware. It will, however, lower your mission ranking, which reduces the number of class points and amount of bonus cash after you complete a mission.

Rank of mission affects enemy levels and other factors. C is easiest, S is toughest. Example: C rank anything will make a foe flinch. B rank, initial hits of a melee combo won't make enemies flinch, making close combat much more dangerous.

Edit: the lowering of the mission ranking in the first paragraph refers to the 'grade' you get upon completing a mission. The 'rank' mentioned in the second paragraph is something you choose when starting a mission.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flunky on 2006-10-20 22:23 ]</font>

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:23 AM
Geez flunky your fast.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:24 AM
Whether or not it takes one hit, half a hit, or half a thought for Chuck to beat Olga Flow at Lv1 is nitpicking. Fact is, he'd pwn everything in sight. Even players who got him angry.

pink-stitches
TheStoicOne; You must be a ninja. Since you keep posting but it says your offline : )

Flunky
Fast? Check the previous page, FenixStryk beat me, heh.

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:25 AM
OMG! how'd you know!!!!!!!!!!?? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/Chocolate.gif For you!!!!!!

NeuroNomad
Oct 21, 2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks so much FenixStryk and Flunky for your quick answers to my questions. That helps a lot.

Sizzors
Oct 21, 2006, 12:26 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:24, FenixStryk wrote:
Whether or not it takes one hit, half a hit, or half a thought for Chuck to beat Olga Flow at Lv1 is nitpicking. Fact is, he'd pwn everything in sight. Even players who got him angry.

The game would hack for him...

TheStoicOne
How the hell am I offline?

FenixStryk
Consider this: I have almost 250 posts, and got them in 4 days. I'm rally, REALLY fast. I don't even know how I got them all!

pink-stitches
On 2006-10-20 22:26, TheStoicOne wrote:
How the hell am I offline?

I couldn't really tell you, I thought it was funny though.

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 12:27 AM
I'm constantly saying "LETS RAID STORMWIND AND IRONFORGE!!!" in the first floor (Univ.1)

-- Blen

FenixStryk
It's possible that you're showing up offline due to a proxy, firewall, or possibly because you're posting from a low-tech computer. Whenever I post from my Treo internet-capable phone, I show up as offline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-20 22:28 ]</font>

pink-stitches
Okay I have an actually question, (well sorta, it's more of me being curious.) How many of you here (thats participating in this thread) are playing on the PC?

Sizzors
Oct 21, 2006, 12:28 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:27, Blenjar wrote:
I'm constantly saying "LETS RAID STORMWIND AND IRONFORGE!!!" in the first floor (Univ.1)

-- Blen

Try advertising free Money, then run to your room when you get a trade invite.

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:28 AM
Chuck MAKES the game hack for him! Its not fair its just not fair http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif

Sizzors
Oct 21, 2006, 12:29 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:28, TheStoicOne wrote:
Chuck MAKES the game hack for him! Its not fair its just not fair http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif

Chuck Norris doesn't make anyhing, it just happens...

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 12:29 AM
360 for me, I own (born and raised on) a mac.

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:30 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:27, pink-stitches wrote:
Okay I have an actually question, (well sorta, it's more of me being curious.) How many of you here (thats participating in this thread) are playing on the PC?

I'm gonna be on PS2...is that the same?

DrEngrish
*wow this topic is going fast.... I started reading and watched it grow from 4 pages to 5... to 30... back down to 7... then to 8.... amazin I say!*

I got a question, where are you vacationing right now?

FenixStryk
While I cannot generally say how many of the people in this thread alone are playing the PC version, about 33% are from the PC, 33% from the PS2, and 34% from the 360. In terms of servers, you will run into 66% of PSOW's users if you play on the PS2/PC side.

pink-stitches
bleh, theres so many people playing on the 360.

That makes me sad.

pink-stitches
Oct 21, 2006, 12:31 AM
Yeah, it's pretty even I noticed, though I do see a lot more of people saying 360. I was just curious though. : )

pink-stitches
Oct 21, 2006, 12:31 AM
yeah PS2/PC play on the same, hooray! I found someone else!

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:32 AM
Fenixstryk what is your favorite phrase?

DrEngrish
On 2006-10-20 22:31, pink-stitches wrote:

Imma be on PC too! *high fives*

FenixStryk
I am vacationing at the Ritz Carlton at Siesta Key Beach, Florida. I will be here until Sunday afternoon. They say the sand here is as soft as sugar and actually not hot to lay on.
The PS2/PC servers are connected. Let me go deeper in depth.
There are 3 differet sections of PSU.
PS2/PC for US/EU users.
PS2/PC for JP users.
360 for US/EU/JP users.

Flunky
Essentially the same TheStoicOne, PS2 and PC will be on the same servers (US/EU, at least).

Edit: coises, foiled again! Next time I need to watch like a hawk...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flunky on 2006-10-20 22:32 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:33 AM
My favorite phrase? Well, I often say a sarcastic "Riiight..." over voice chat when someone says something stupid or questionable.

pink-stitches
Oct 21, 2006, 12:33 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:32, DrEngrish wrote:

On 2006-10-20 22:31, pink-stitches wrote:

Imma be on PC too! *high fives*

haha yes. : )

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:34 AM
Thanks you guys for telling me that PC/PS2 are on the same servers. I did not know.

...take that thank you with a 1/2 grain of salt.

NeuroNomad
Oct 21, 2006, 12:34 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:29, Flunky wrote:
360 for me, I own (born and raised on) a mac.

I am a Mac man myself, thank goodness for Bootcamp so I can still play PC games since I no longer have a PS2 and never had an Xbox.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:35 AM
Wow, over 120 replies! This thread is really boosting my post count! Recommendatio for new users just joining in: Don't try to catch up on reading. It goes too fast.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 12:35 AM
I am a Mac man myself, thank goodness for Bootcamp so I can still play PC games since I no longer have a PS2 and never had an Xbox.

Grr, lucky you. I've got a powerbook from a few months before they released the intel-chip macbooks. In a few years I'll have that precious gaming godsend, bootcamp...

DrEngrish
Oct 21, 2006, 12:36 AM
How old are you btw?

FenixStryk

pink-stitches
I read it all before I started to join in : ) (it made me want to join in!)

(man, I can't type tonight)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pink-stitches on 2006-10-20 22:36 ]</font>

Sizzors
Oct 21, 2006, 12:37 AM
Can you do my homework for me...

It's Differentials... and then a report on the financial property of stocks and bonds...

DrEngrish
You're a poor college student like me.... wait... your on vacation.... grrr you're not as poor as me =.=....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrEngrish on 2006-10-20 22:38 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Homework on differentials in no way correlates to PSU. Request denied.

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 12:38 AM
COME TO UNIVERSE 1, FIRST FLOOR..ITS A GREAT SHOW.

Sizzors
On 2006-10-20 22:37, FenixStryk wrote:
Homework on differentials in no way correlates to PSU. Request denied.

Then I need to finish that...now...right now...

TheStoicOne
Nope just post, and post, and don't look back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nerd.gif

Raise your hand if you've laughed once at anything youve seem in this thread.

NeuroNomad
On 2006-10-20 22:35, Flunky wrote:

Grr, lucky you. I've got a powerbook from a few months before they released the intel-chip macbooks. In a few years I'll have that precious gaming godsend, bootcamp...

I love my iMac Intel. Heck it actually has ran XP better than any other machine I have had including my P4. Bootcamp is a godsend as you mentioned. Though something seems fundamentally wrong with booting XP up on my beautiful iMac. The first time I did it I thought Hell had frozen over.

pink-stitches
-raises hand-

Flunky
Ah, to be a poor college student. Not too poor for PSU, but poor all the same. So many nifty things this fall, so few that I can get.

DrEngrish
Oct 21, 2006, 12:39 AM
i sacrifice my top ramen surplus for psu... its soo worth it too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:39 AM
This thread moves too fast for me too laug! =p

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:40 AM
OMG!! Fenix your only 19!!
Wow! I thought you were like at least 20-smth by the time you replied to a few of my Q's.
Time to b an abreviat'n whre! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wet-trout.gif

NeuroNomad
Since we are trying to see how big we can make this thread anyone else on as old as me? 33 happily married with a 1 year old (who Daddy is raising to be a future gurl gamer) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DrEngrish
dang... you win http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif *is 20*

FenixStryk
LOL, gotta love Top Ramen. i know about 10 different Recipes involving it.

Flunky
I love my iMac Intel. Heck it actually has ran XP better than any other machine I have had including my P4. Bootcamp is a godsend as you mentioned. Though something seems fundamentally wrong with booting XP up on my beautiful iMac. The first time I did it I thought Hell had frozen over.

Heh. Yeah, I initially thought bootcamp would be for chumps, but then my moderate side kicked in.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:41 AM
LOL, good luck with your daughter, Nomad. It will be tough.

pink-stitches
Oct 21, 2006, 12:41 AM
I'm 19 too -high fives FenixStryk-

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:42 AM
Well now I don't want to say my age!!!!!!
It doesn't matter anyways!!!!!!!!!

DrEngrish
Taking in mind that we are all 19 and older it appears, did the voice chat on the beta unleash the curse of noisy and ruthless children... or was it a pretty pleasent experience?

Flunky
20 years old, here. And now to check in on universe 1... dadburned cheap college dorms, not letting be connect the 360 and the computer to the net at the same time...

DrEngrish
Oct 21, 2006, 12:43 AM
uh oh... we got a minor... *tosses him a helmet and pickaxe*

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:43 AM
Alright Stoic... just know that we'll think things way worse than the truth if you refuse to eve tell us. ;p

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:44 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:42, DrEngrish wrote:
Taking in mind that we are all 19 and older it appears, did the voice chat on the beta unleash the curse of noisy and ruthless children... or was it a pretty pleasent experience?

I haven't played yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif And I don't even wanna get voice chat.

DrEngrish
hehe no worries about age http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif im sure no body here bites... very hard...

FenixStryk
Overall, there were very few angry adolescents, likely because it takes a lot to figure out how to DL it, much less DL it before time ran out. Also, yo an always boot them, and yo could only voice chat to people in your party.

pink-stitches
Like you said it doesn't matter! We're all friends! -hug- -pat on the back- uhmm -high fives-

DrEngrish
Oct 21, 2006, 12:45 AM
you gunna play PSU360 stoic?

realP
Oct 21, 2006, 12:46 AM
33>27= 6 years to go
Married= Check that off (happily too)
1 year old< 6 year old(boy gamer(big time))= He is getting a little too good at some games. I need to practice more (no time though).

I will be on the PC as well.

NeuroNomad
LOL. Makes me think of a guild I was part of in WoW before. The GL always seemed very mature and everyone thought he was in his 30s at least. Then we finally went on Vent one night before doing a MC run and there was this voice of a very young kid. Everyone was like, who the heck? It turned out it was the GL's son. He was trying to pull a fast one on us. He had worked for a few weeks to get his son ready to trick us.

I wish I could have seen everyone's face because I am sure they must have looked like me with a WTF expression. lol.

FenixStryk
Voice chat really helps. Less junk in your lap, and easier to say rather specific things. And it's more personal than letters in a box.

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:47 AM
LAst year on PSO-X, I swear I ended up spending probably near 100- something dollars just on mics. They broke WAY too easily.

DrEngrish
yay another happy parent. Parent gamers are the coolest... Yet, I sadly didnt grow up in this generation.

FenixStryk
Gotta love the gamer kids. You just have to make sure they're raised right, or they become really annoying.

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:48 AM
Just goes to show you! Vidoegames know no age.

DrEngrish
Anyone else here listening to music... *listening to jazz*

FenixStryk
You think the Xbox mics are bad? The 360 mics are craptastic. Whoever designed them is a complete moron.

pink-stitches
I always listen to music when on the computer, if I don't its weird =x

DrEngrish
Oct 21, 2006, 12:49 AM
aww no earphones... bummer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:49 AM
I'd be listening to music right now, but someone's right behind me trying to sleep. o_o;;

Numnuttz
Oct 21, 2006, 12:50 AM
yup these mics are bad. thats why alot of people use cell phone ones instead.

FenixStryk
Tell me about it. If it wasn't for me typing quietly, she'd wake up from the clicking!

FenixStryk
Yeah, cellphone mics are much more reliable. If my new 360 mic breaks, I'll get one like that.

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:51 AM
Is anyone here familiar with Adriana Lima?

NeuroNomad
No music here, listening to Art Bell on Coast 2 Coast. Hey don't laugh if they aliens start invading during the night I will have a heads-up. LOL.

DrEngrish
she eh?... gf or friend or sister or mother or grandma or random person or..... uhm

FenixStryk
Adriana Lima? Can't say I know the name. Time to google it!

NeuroNomad
Oct 21, 2006, 12:52 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:51, TheStoicOne wrote:
Is anyone here familiar with Adriana Lima?

Isn't she some hot model?

I personally perfer the "3 Js"

They being: Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel and Jessica Simpson. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DrEngrish
Oct 21, 2006, 12:52 AM
You guys firefox'ers or old fashion ie'ers?

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:53 AM
Lol, nice Prey reminder. Art Bell is cool for having helped the makers of Prey with that.
Let's just say she's a special someone. =]
Adriana, a supermodel huh? Pretty hot, but I'm not picky. =o

pink-stitches
I have both, I just click whichever one is closer at the time...

Flunky
Firefox! Of course, using IE on a mac would be just silly. Version 5.0 or something, you need to download it from an abandonware site.

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:54 AM
Adriana Lima is a model that was born in Salvador, Bahia Brasil!!! She is the best model!!!
And Ela e gostosa if you know what I mean.

NeuroNomad
By the way if any of you guys are PC Gamers and thinking about getting BF:2142, save your money. I played it for like an hour and was like (OMG I just paid $50 for a freaking BF2 Mod that isn't even that good) and listed my copy on Ebay. Down with EA.

FenixStryk
Firefox FTW. Much easier to use, and less popups. Tabbed Bookmarks also help a lot.

Flunky
Oh, and I stopped by Universe 1, first floor. I like the 'must destroy the one ring!' yelling, but without a keyboard hooked up to my 360 I can't talk too quick outside parties. Said my patent 'preposterous!', stood about for a bit, and left.

NeuroNomad
Oct 21, 2006, 12:55 AM
Firefox user.

Yeah that was a cool little deal within Prey with AB. I sat there and listened to it giggling all the time.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:55 AM
EA fails miserably. I pray they don't get as bad as SOE. SOE screwed up PlanetSide, an awesome MMOFPS, as well as SW:G. They don't support their games!

Hustler_One
Oct 21, 2006, 12:56 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:08, Nani-chan wrote:
I have tried it, I changed my lvl 14 ranger to force in Beta. I sent a lvl 1 wand from a mule, nuked a bit and it was low. However later when I bought a 2k meseta wand with +200 more Tp my nuke dmg rose.

I'll admit that we are worse than equally equipped forces but wands will give us +100-400 Tap as we rise from C to A wands.

Ok. So cast forces dont suck then, so would a newman hunter? >> I like newmans, and im a melee fan, but I may be sore if they wind up being absolutely worthless in melee.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DrEngrish
Oct 21, 2006, 12:56 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:54, NeuroNomad wrote:
By the way if any of you guys are PC Gamers and thinking about getting BF:2142, save your money. I played it for like an hour and was like (OMG I just paid $50 for a freaking BF2 Mod that isn't even that good) and listed my copy on Ebay. Down with EA.

Im not much of a gamer but I will for surely look out.... however I am a tech geek... I just built myself a new pc for PSU

AMD Athlon 64 3800
1 Gig Ram
2x Geforce 6600 256mb PCIE
300GB HDD

... the basic gist... what are you all runnin?

NeuroNomad
Oct 21, 2006, 12:57 AM
Curse you Hustler_one for derailing our derailing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif j/k.

pink-stitches
Oct 21, 2006, 12:57 AM
Okay random question time; FenixStryk: what time is it there now? I believe you said it was midnight at the beginning or something?

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 12:58 AM
WHoa!!! Completely computer illiteration here!!! Watch where you post that stuff geez!!!
I almost didn't know here I was!!
Wait what are you guys talkin' about now?
Fenix I think your going faster than I now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chicken.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 12:58 AM
No class is completely pontless in PSU. While some things like Newman Hunters and CAST Forces are obviously weaker, the downfalls aren't gamebreaking... unless you're a perfectionist.

Hustler_One
Oct 21, 2006, 12:59 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:57, NeuroNomad wrote:
Curse you Hustler_one for derailing our derailing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif j/k.

I only read as far as I went to see the thing about Cast forces. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I dont have a good enough attention span to read 13 pages lol

NeuroNomad
Oct 21, 2006, 01:00 AM
LOL, it was a good question. Please don't take me serious, after all posting a PSU related question on a PSU forums > than us just rambling. hhehee.

FenixStryk
I go as fast as people reply. So far, it's been non-stop. That's cool, though. More posts for me, and more recognition from the general crowd.

pink-stitches
On 2006-10-20 22:58, TheStoicOne wrote:
WHoa!!! Completely computer illiteration here!!! Watch where you post that stuff geez!!!
I almost didn't know here I was!!
Wait what are you guys talkin' about now?
Fenix I think your going faster than I now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chicken.gif

oh the ninja is back! I thought you left us haha. (since i can't tell if you're really offline/online)

Flunky
No class is completely pontless in PSU. While some things like Newman Hunters and CAST Forces are obviously weaker, the downfalls aren't gamebreaking... unless you're a perfectionist.

I agree with this- while you won't dish out as much damage as a cast force, at the same time any non-casting you do will be slightly more competent, and you'll be a good deal more durable. Newman hunter? Decently high evade, but less damage/HP/defense... not using spells with a newman will be losing something sure, but you won't be useless by any means.

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 01:01 AM
On 2006-10-20 22:59, Hustler_One wrote:

On 2006-10-20 22:57, NeuroNomad wrote:

I only read as far as I went to see the thing about Cast forces. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I dont have a good enough attention span to read 13 pages lol

13 pages?
Damn Fenix you have the midas touch...

NeuroNomad
So what Race/Class you guys rolling up?

I am going to do a Newman/Force most likely.

DrEngrish
14 now... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif!

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 01:02 AM
I have my pages set to 50 posts/page, so I lose track. Anyway, yeah, I must agree that this is one really, really fast thread.
keep up the PSU Qs!

pink-stitches
Oct 21, 2006, 01:02 AM
Newman/Force for me too. (though I will be trying them all)

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 01:03 AM
On 2006-10-20 23:00, NeuroNomad wrote:
LOL, it was a good question. Please don't take me serious, after all posting a PSU related question on a PSU forums > than us just rambling. hhehee.

That logic is COMPLETELY bass ackwards, It goes like so...

menial rambling> usefullness

D'uh!!!!!

Bleu
Cast/ranger here.

Fenix, are you planning on going on the forums till PSU is in your hands? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

NeuroNomad
Same here. I do want to do a Cast just because I want to make one look like Guiver.
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/39/34/28m.jpg

Also would like to do a Beast. Doubt I will do a Human though.

DrEngrish
Newman Force i think.... but im still tryin got figure out bc i want a character for tanking...

FenixStryk
CAST Guntecher here.

pink-stitches
Whenever I play online I always play a healer type class. So it should be fun with a force, I can do damage too! hooray : )

Flunky
Cast/wartecher or figunner... I like close combat fighting, but there were few enough healers out there on beta to make me interested in picking up some support magic abilities to help out where needed.

DrEngrish
Oct 21, 2006, 01:04 AM
the image link didnt work... you got another?

FenixStryk
Beasts are best for tanking AFAIK. That or CASTs.

Flunky
FenixStryk, how would you say dual pistol handle compares to rifle ammo?

In my brief stint on beta as a ranger, I tried all the available weapons except for dual handguns... and felt that rifles ran out of ammo much too fast and machineguns were thoroughly 'meh'. Are dual handguns a saving grace of sorts?

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 01:05 AM
I plan on going to PSOW until a few weeks after I quit PSU. I may not be as active, come Oct25, but I won't leave anytime soon.

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 01:06 AM
I'm very hungry, I think I'll go eat.

-- Blen

TheStoicOne
What is AFAIK?? I saw someone post that in this model forum that I'm in! They were talkingabout elite Inc.

NeuroNomad
Oh I enjoy playing healer classes for sure. Played Priest and Druid in WoW, Warden in EQ2, etc.

DrEngrish
hmmmm.... im getting so excited about playing online and... but i want to know the story for offline also... How do you manage to muster up the self control to beat the offline before you play online fenix?

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 01:07 AM
Twin Handguns have about 25% less ammo than Rifles and have less range, but allow you to strafe while shooting and hit twice per trigger pull. This thus makes them better for SE but worse for damage dealing and range.

In general, the best weapons for longevity are Rifles and Shotguns for Rangers, but a smart Ranger knows how to get around ammo limitations. If all else fails, use a crystal to go back to Block 1 and refill at the Photon Cube in town. Leaving the mision area does not put on a penalty for the mission results.

Flunky
Same here. I do want to do a Cast just because I want to make one look like Guiver

Bioarmor GUYVER? Heh, came across a cast named GUYVER in the beta, said it was from biobooster GUYVER when asked if it was from McGuyver.

Flunky
AFAIK is As Far As I Know.

Hustler_One
Oct 21, 2006, 01:08 AM
Ok, question for yah then. This may have been asked already, like I sadi I didnt read every post >>

Out of the two Beta version bosses, did you feel either of them was too easy, too hard, ect...

I guess what im asking in a nutshell is are the bosses a blast to fight like they were in PSO, or are they overly frustrating/boring?

NeuroNomad
On 2006-10-20 23:04, DrEngrish wrote:
the image link didnt work... you got another?

Try this one:

http://www.showcaseentertainment.com/movies/images/guyver.gif

DrEngrish
haha sweet!

FenixStryk
AFAIK = As far as I know.
I always play offline first, to unlock goodies and because I can beat it quickly. I play for long periods of time.

DrEngrish
Oct 21, 2006, 01:09 AM
what sort of unlockables will PSU have other than extra mode?

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I know it doesn't give a penalty but for some reason I always thought it was unsportsman-like to the poor monsters, heh. I like the sound of those dual-handguns... and figunners can use 'em, too... hmm.

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 01:10 AM
I miss Blenny http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

NeuroNomad
Here's another cool photo of The Guyver:

http://www.mechanicalrage.it/foto/guyver/guy01.jpg

FenixStryk
Compared to PSO, the bosses are just fine, although they lack the drama of a cutscene intro/death animation. They're a bit harder, but are just as fun.

Nani-chan
Oct 21, 2006, 01:11 AM
Yeah I am thinking cast guntecher too. I was caseal back in the days when it wasn't a powerful class on the Pso. It's a cosmetic thing for me.

In Beta I picked the devil horns caseal, that's why I make satanic jokes every once in awhile.

FenixStryk
Unlockables in PSU? Besides Extra Mode? Online missions that open once you beat parts of Story Mode, I hear

BLENJAAARR!

pink-stitches
I just want to double check but, to regen PP, you have to keep the weapon equipped right? You can't just switch to another and it will recharge that way right?

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 01:12 AM
This thread isn't as personal anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

DrEngrish
On 2006-10-20 23:11, FenixStryk wrote:
Unlockables in PSU? Besides Extra Mode? Online missions that open once you beat parts of Story Mode, I hear

BLENJAAARR!

hmmm maybe I should play all the way through the game in one sitting too... ive never done that before for any RPG.... crap wait... isnt this game 50 hours !!! 0.0.....

Flunky
Bosses were bloody fun.

The De Ragan was a little easy in my opinion, but I only attempted at C rank. Onmagoug was a blast, had some moves that catch you off guard the first few times, and stayed kinda difficult each time- I got the feeling having a good ranger would make the Onmagoug much easier though, only fought him with hunters and forces (and solo'd twice with a hunter).

Unlockables? Beyond extra mode I kinda doubt there'll be much unlocked from playing offline.

Nani-chan
Oct 21, 2006, 01:13 AM
yes have the weapon equipped to recover PP. The exception is the photon squares at rest stops, before bosses or in wrond directions ever 3 or so blocks can recover all weapons PP in exchange for meseta.

FenixStryk
PP only recharges on its own if it is currently the selected palette. So, if you switch from Twin Handguns to, say, a Mechgun/Saber palette, the Twin Handguns won't regen; however, if you have a Mechgun/Saber combo in the same palette and you switch to the Saber, th Mechgun will regen PP.

PLURSprout
On 2006-10-20 22:58, FenixStryk wrote:

As long as there isn't that weird material limit in PSU I'm happy. (in fact, just leave the materials out of this game)

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 01:14 AM
Hey Fenix lets give this thread the Coup de gras before it gets too big.

NeuroNomad
I plan on creating my online character as soon as I get the game to reserve the name I want, and then I plan on playing the Offline version all the way thru to be sure I know what I am doing before I start to group.

DrEngrish
On 2006-10-20 23:12, TheStoicOne wrote:
This thread isn't as personal anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

For the sake of making this topic a lil more personal again... wheres everyone from...

*Is from Washington*

FenixStryk
If the game IS 50 hours long, I'll take sleep breaks, eating breaks, etc... y'know, 'cause life comes first? Otherwise, Ethen gets a good workout!

pink-stitches
Okay thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif That's what I thought. : )

Flunky
FenixStryk, I'm pretty sure they just cut the cutscenes outta the beta. I remember seeing a youtube video of the De Ragan fight that had cutscenes.

Yeah, you need to have a weapon equipped for it to passively regen PP. That's why one-handers are good, you can use the off-hand while the main-hand recharges.

Guyver was an anime series at some point, was it not?

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 01:15 AM
I'm from Ohio, but my grandma was from Lisbon.
I love the Tupiniquims e Brasileiros.

NeuroNomad
On 2006-10-20 23:14, DrEngrish wrote:

On 2006-10-20 23:12, TheStoicOne wrote:

For the sake of making this topic a lil more personal again... wheres everyone from...

*Is from Washington*

Kentucky

DrEngrish
On 2006-10-20 23:14, NeuroNomad wrote:
I plan on creating my online character as soon as I get the game to reserve the name I want, and then I plan on playing the Offline version all the way thru to be sure I know what I am doing before I start to group.

For what i hear more than one person can have the same name... is that true?

FenixStryk
Coup de gras = ?
I'm not ready to quit! I won't quit until she tells me to!

Nani-chan
Oct 21, 2006, 01:16 AM
Quit! Also get on aim so I can bother you!!!

NeuroNomad
Oct 21, 2006, 01:16 AM
On 2006-10-20 23:15, DrEngrish wrote:

On 2006-10-20 23:14, NeuroNomad wrote:

For what i hear more than one person can have the same name... is that true?

Haven't heard that, would like to know how that would work though if it is true.