PDA

View Full Version : so.... is everyone gonna have a figunner?

atomisk
Oct 21, 2006, 01:07 AM
figunner is probably the class that attracts me the most, but at the same time I absolutely hate it when im the same class as half of the people in my group, so basically my question is, based on the beta and japanese version, is everyone and their grandmother going to be playing as a figunner. cause thats kinda the impression im getting from this board

Grr
Oct 21, 2006, 01:11 AM
From my impression , im TORN melee wise between Axes or that double saber spinning foward PA. seriously , that thing looks so overpowered on single targets,

However, true to my old PSO character im going RaCast (robot male Fortegunner)

so youll have at least one ranger to party with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

just dont be surprized if you catch me running around with a double saber for fun one day.

EDIT: not the one i was talking about Blue , but that one gets style points for sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-10-20 23:16 ]</font>

BlueInfinity
Oct 21, 2006, 01:15 AM
everyone knows the double saber pa is like the coolest 1

http://67.15.2.5/~libra/m/pa_spd_r2.wmv

lol I know you mean this 1 right

http://67.15.2.5/~libra/m/pa_td_r2.wmv

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueInfinity on 2006-10-20 23:19 ]</font>

Zeizen
Oct 21, 2006, 01:15 AM
Female Beast Fortefighter

Axios-
Oct 21, 2006, 01:18 AM
Male Newman Guntecher

But it does seem like Figunner is attracting a lot of attention. You could try it as a non-cast if you want to be unique. I think it's fair to say most Figunners will be casts so if uniquity is your bag, be a newman!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axios- on 2006-10-20 23:21 ]</font>

atomisk
Oct 21, 2006, 01:30 AM
actually, i was planning on being a newman

Axios-
Oct 21, 2006, 01:34 AM
Good for you! But don't worry about the Figunners...worry about the Protransers. I know, I know, there aren't many of them, but dammit they're planning something. I just know it. They think they'll fool us with the "We're every man! We're your friends." spiel. I see right through 'em, and I know they're using their trap powers to ensnare us all! Sleep with one eye open, people, because the Protransers know where you live.

Hustler_One
Oct 21, 2006, 01:36 AM
Naaa, im not gonna go figunner, not with my first character anyway.

Fortefighter ftw.

Although I may experiment and try it out someday

Yoruichi
Oct 21, 2006, 01:48 AM
female beast fortefighter myself, later I may make a figunner human or cast.

Kei-Z
Oct 21, 2006, 01:57 AM
I'll be using a figunner...What sux is that everyone jumped on the figunner bandwagon as soon as the doublesaber became exclusive to the class. I actually wanted to use one before when I thought they had no exclusive weapons and only lvl. 20 PA's, solely for the ability to mix up melee and ranged combat...

Chronosv2
Oct 21, 2006, 02:05 AM
I'm going FiGunner, but understand it's not because of the double sabers. My character in roleplay seems the type to concentrate on a mix of ranged weaponry and agile melee weaponry, not because it's the only class to have the double saber.

Flamingo99
Oct 21, 2006, 02:05 AM
Na... I'll be a Fortegunner.

Grr
Oct 21, 2006, 02:09 AM
*High fives Flamingo* Fortegunner power !

Pass the ammunition , brother

Miyoko
Oct 21, 2006, 02:10 AM
I'm not gonna have a figunner! *dance*

DoubleJG
Oct 21, 2006, 02:11 AM
I honestly have no idea what expert class does this or that, I'm waiting to discover them myself. But, it's nice to know that there seem to be so many choices as far as expert classes go http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 02:11 AM
Figunner will be popular, but it won't be that bad. There's enough people angry about it to pick other classes.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 21, 2006, 02:14 AM
I guess i'm gonna be the only Newman Fortecher.

Well... i'll try to keep my Resta level high, you leeching *censor'd*'s. >___>

Grr
Oct 21, 2006, 02:15 AM
you mean #%&!s right ?

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 21, 2006, 02:17 AM
protranser and figunner only cause i like the figunners s ranks not too mention DS thats an added bonus

Kent
Oct 21, 2006, 02:19 AM
I'll have a Figunner at some point, but not as my main - my main will be a Wartecher.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 21, 2006, 02:19 AM
On 2006-10-21 00:15, Grr wrote:
you mean #%&!s right ?

Yeah that too.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 21, 2006, 02:27 AM
On 2006-10-21 00:19, Kent wrote:
I'll have a Figunner at some point, but not as my main - my main will be a Wartecher.

Figunner says Extra Mode for me. Online I'm probly going with Wartecher or Fortecher, I'm addicted to megid~~ Altho I'm wondering if light and dark techs will be exlusive to Fortechers...

Phalynx
Oct 21, 2006, 02:32 AM
Anyone that can wield a cane or staff can use any magic.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 21, 2006, 02:34 AM
On 2006-10-21 00:32, Phalynx wrote:

thanks for clearing that up..-thinks- It might be worth having a war-techer with bad ass'd twin dagger melee skill, and TONS of support techs with a few signature damage techs for physical resistant enemies... -goes back to plotting the HUnewman he never got to make in PSO...damn those female sprites!!- http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BlueInfinity
Oct 21, 2006, 02:36 AM
On 2006-10-21 00:32, Phalynx wrote:

see this is why I changed my mind from being a newman it's like the fonewarls from pso went a started cross breeding with all the other races of psu. I knew thoes little sluts would be the newman downfall. >_>

oNijohso
Oct 21, 2006, 02:51 AM
Male Beast Figunner -> Fortefighter and Male Newman Fortecher -> Wartecher. I'm one of the ones that moved to Figunner for double sabers, but to be fair I've loved double sabers since DC V.1 and always used one. Also, I think the extra ata Figguners get might make the Beast melee capability more balanced. As for Newman Fortecher, going for pure power right there.

Ill play around with Fortefighter and Wartecher later, and Ill also have two pms to make weapons for each of m y characters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oNijohso on 2006-10-21 00:52 ]</font>

Kurushii
Oct 21, 2006, 02:54 AM
On 2006-10-21 00:14, Garnet_Moon wrote:
nah, you won't be alone. I'll also be going that path. Got enough experience on the jp version alreadly.

-Break-
Oct 21, 2006, 02:55 AM
On 2006-10-21 00:54, Kurushii wrote:

nah, you won't be alone. I'll also be going that path. Got enough experience on the jp version alreadly.

Word.

Cry0
Oct 21, 2006, 03:29 AM
I'll be figunner, but a beast. So I won't be the majority http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But I don't know if that'll be my main. I'm also doubting between cast fortegunner

Feelmirath
Oct 21, 2006, 04:00 AM
I'll have a Figunner at some point, but not for my main.

Tetsuro
Oct 21, 2006, 04:05 AM
I've talked to several people and it actually seems quite split. Most forces I talked to are going Fortetecher, a freind of mine is going fortefighter, and as for myself Ill be going Newm Wartecher.

Niki
Oct 21, 2006, 04:09 AM
I won't be.

Oyako
Oct 21, 2006, 04:17 AM
I was thinking of Figunner only for the melee/ranged aspect. I like being able to use Swords, Twin Daggers, and Twin Handguns.... ( I seriously blame Mr. Rizen and his Rizen Must Die vid.... T_T I wanna knock people up into the air with a sword and then shoot them all Dante style too!)

DS is just an added bonus.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oyako on 2006-10-21 02:18 ]</font>

Nayte
Oct 21, 2006, 05:38 AM
I'll most likely be Fortefighter becuase they have S rank hand-to-hand weapons. I cant get enough of them knuckles and claws.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 21, 2006, 06:22 AM
I'm having one, mostly for the [s-rank] twin sabers, though I do like the double sabers as well.

-Shimarisu-
Oct 21, 2006, 06:28 AM
I planned for Fighgunner without knowing they got double sabers.

I AM TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL.

Also I intend to play 3 main classes, Fighgunner, Fortefighter and Wartecher. All the HU comprised classes. I love them all and already have them on JP.

DeathKnight
Oct 21, 2006, 06:46 AM
sadly if this is true i will become part of the majority >.< i hate that! but i still plan on playing a cast figunner for two reasons: cast is my favorite race and its more of my character's style to be a mix of hunter and ranger anyways, and second because i prefer the dual sabers/dual daggers to the weapons that fortefighter get s-rank in. not really too interested in the double saber or axe personally, but we will see what happens when i finally play the game

Diablohead
Oct 21, 2006, 07:03 AM
Not me, going guns & force, forgot the name.

Realmz
Oct 21, 2006, 07:27 AM
i'd like to think i won't be like the majority of players, because i've completely fallen in love with melee/gun combos. i just love em, sabres, daggers, claws, don't matter.

Since i tend to use them both eavenly (so that then my gun nor my weapon runs out of pp) i could be any expert class that can use both onehanded and guns. But i've probably go figunner for the PA and bullet levels since the weapons don't much matter.

oh and i'm gonna be a newm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2006-10-21 05:57 ]</font>

Maxurion
Oct 21, 2006, 07:54 AM
Newman Fortecher here.

klunka
Oct 21, 2006, 08:13 AM
I'm noticing that foretefighter is still much more popular than figunner.

Just imagine if fortefighters COULD use double sabers now ... it'd be ridiculous.

If only figunner had at least ONE S rank long range weapon

Elleranda
Oct 21, 2006, 08:46 AM
Fortefighter is still probably the most popular, with figunner third or second most popular, so it's not that bad. I'll be a Fortefighter, but I'm not discouraged; I'll just have to shine brighter than everyone else. Don't worry too much about it.

DarkShadowX
Oct 21, 2006, 08:49 AM
I'll most likely be a Figunner with my Cast, but thats because Figunner appeals more to my playing style, being able to use a Double Saber is just an added bonus to me.

TestamentRxB
Oct 21, 2006, 09:09 AM
I'm going to try out fortefighter, it seems like my kind of class

Knight_of_MIA
Oct 21, 2006, 09:11 AM
Most obviously I will raise a guntecher. Could be even a female character.

Rizen
Oct 21, 2006, 09:13 AM
On 2006-10-21 02:17, Oyako wrote:( I seriously blame Mr. Rizen and his Rizen Must Die vid.... T_T I wanna knock people up into the air with a sword and then shoot them all Dante style too!)

*whistles innocently* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I kinda did make that clip thinking of Dante as a Figunner. Anyone who played DMC will easily love Figunner as a class.

Personally tho, I planned on making my Beasty a Fortefighter. But I dunno, Figunner just seems so tempting now...

Callous
Oct 21, 2006, 09:17 AM
I have to admit having figunner planned as one of my first characters. And yes, it's mainly because of double sabers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2006-10-21 07:22 ]</font>

Aphael
Oct 21, 2006, 09:25 AM
I'll either be a Cast fortefighter or figunner (Or, cripes, even a wartecher) depending on what my group does. There are enough things about each class that I like that I don't have any huge preference toward either of the three, so I'll just go with whatever helps my friends out the most.

hans4
Oct 21, 2006, 09:27 AM
no imm being a warteach(not sure how to spell it) i love the idea of magic and meele being together becuse thats what im most intrested in

Quark713
Oct 21, 2006, 09:30 AM
I'm going to have my Newman Fortecher, but I'm also going to make a Newman Figunner, but not for the DS. I just thought that the Figunner sounded interesting, and I like Newmans. A lot.

xzeekzx
Oct 21, 2006, 10:24 AM
On 2006-10-21 00:54, Kurushii wrote:

i'll be going that as well, along with my Figunner, and will prollly be playing a Protranser at some point. they just look so mysterious (sp?)... so why not? lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xzeekzx on 2006-10-21 08:27 ]</font>

Ecstasy
Oct 21, 2006, 10:32 AM
So am i going to be the only Female Newman-Hunter-Figunner:(

Katachi
Oct 21, 2006, 10:41 AM
I've played PSO since the DC, and I've always loved playing Hunters with a wide range of melee weapons and a sweet maxxed grind handgun with a high ATA mag. It looks like Figunner will be a great class for running in and getting crazy, but with handguns and twin handguns so you're not limited to it. The only reason I'd pick Figunner instead of Fortefighter is for Twin Handguns. That Rizen Must Die video is definately the way I'll be playing PSU.

The other thing is, you might find that you like a specific combination of weapons and don't utilize all 10+ types that your class has. Play with the weapons you like, and when you run across some rare item/weapon you want to try out, you can always change classes later.

NosajX7
Oct 21, 2006, 10:46 AM
I think I'm going to be the only RAmarl (guntecher) on PSU.
crossbows AND mechguns! sure, they'll start off slow, but once I'm at a high level, I'll be able to deal so much damage so quickly!

EnixBelmont
Oct 21, 2006, 11:17 AM
Double sabers are useless in this if you don't use the PA IMO. One target, slower than double daggers and crap ATA. Fun.

But the PA is awesome, so I'll be using one anyway. Although if double sabers were only on Fortefighters, I'd still be a Figunner for S-rank Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, and other fast weapons. Only thing I'll miss is spears http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 21, 2006, 11:27 AM
After coming to the conclusion that I'll be re-creating my HUnewearl after all (I didn't want to re-use any of my names from PSO, but I've been playing with Meira so long that it just wouldn't be quite right to just abandon her), I have decided that I will make her a Wartecher. I also intend to re-create my Beast from the PC Beta, Evanoroth, and he will end up being a Fortefighter, I think.

voxie
Oct 21, 2006, 11:30 AM
On 2006-10-20 23:34, Axios- wrote:
Good for you! But don't worry about the Figunners...worry about the Protransers. I know, I know, there aren't many of them, but dammit they're planning something. I just know it. They think they'll fool us with the "We're every man! We're your friends." spiel. I see right through 'em, and I know they're using their trap powers to ensnare us all! Sleep with one eye open, people, because the Protransers know where you live.

LOL.

But you can laugh, because Protransers can do everything, but perhaps 'excel' at nothing? I'm guessing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Realmz
Oct 21, 2006, 11:35 AM
On 2006-10-21 09:17, EnixBelmont wrote:
Double sabers are useless in this if you don't use the PA IMO. One target, slower than double daggers and crap ATA. Fun.

But the PA is awesome, so I'll be using one anyway. Although if double sabers were only on Fortefighters, I'd still be a Figunner for S-rank Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, and other fast weapons. Only thing I'll miss is spears http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

actually recent stuff has shown that double sabers (or atleast one class of them) has no target restrictions, they can hit any number of them.

i also wanna see the second PA's final hit on targets , i think its an aoe

Aberu
Oct 21, 2006, 11:41 AM
Figunner was attractive to me because it was a Fortefighter with higher Bullet skill, but that isn't a great reason to go for it. Fortefight has higher ATP and DFP, which might turn out to be more important. Either way, for me, I like claws, and always have in any PS game, so I'm going for Fortefighter with the S-Rank Twin Claws I can find.

Kei-Z
Oct 21, 2006, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I was gonna' say that there was a topic that showed that the double saber is more of a group attack weapon now. I don't know where it is though so I'll try to find it and link it.

Cigaro
Oct 21, 2006, 11:52 AM
I was going to be a Figunner, but then I decided fuck guns.

Female CAST Fortefighter.

Trinitystar
Oct 21, 2006, 11:57 AM
Im going Newmen guntecher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Beezzy
Oct 21, 2006, 12:22 PM
Fortetecher for me beware of my awsome magiks.. Ill blow yo planet up...

slime
Oct 21, 2006, 12:24 PM
hell no protranser ftw

EnixBelmont
Oct 21, 2006, 12:29 PM
On 2006-10-21 09:35, Realmz wrote:

actually recent stuff has shown that double sabers (or atleast one class of them) has no target restrictions, they can hit any number of them.

Probably a clair weapon >_< Mine doesn't, and I'm a cast hunter on extra mode.

DonRoyale
Oct 21, 2006, 12:40 PM
V <('.'<) (^'.'^) (>'.')> V

kirinano
Oct 21, 2006, 12:52 PM
Beast HU --> Fortefighter here

_glowstiq_
Oct 21, 2006, 01:39 PM
Contemplating between that FiGunner class for my FroCAST or just going straight RAFroCAST. :| The Fro stands alone, that's for damn sure.

Kismet
Oct 21, 2006, 01:43 PM
One of my character's is going to be a female cast fighgunner, but that won't be my main charcter.

My main will be a wartecher. =D

Realmz
Oct 21, 2006, 01:52 PM
On 2006-10-21 10:29, EnixBelmont wrote:

well i can't remember who posted it, but the person was on the JP version online. and i think we all know that extra mode doesn't have everything in the game (damn dman damn!!)

lemme search for it =p

Zarode
Oct 21, 2006, 01:54 PM
I already had my mind set on having Zarode 2.0 being a Hunter Ranger. I guess that is a Figunner... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I don't care tho! I'm going to make a lot of good characters, but one to start them off will be Zarode! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

OrgazmoX
Oct 21, 2006, 01:55 PM
fortegunner cast but maybe figunner later

Vhex
Oct 21, 2006, 02:19 PM
On 2006-10-21 10:29, EnixBelmont wrote:

Most Double Sabers hit all nearby enemies. Maybe you can't because of the discrepencies of extra mode to network.

When it comes down to it though figunner's are more of my fighting style,(fast hits, large combos) and that's why I use them. Don't chose a class purely based on weapon usage, and statistics. Pick one that best suits your fighting style, and keep in mind you aren't limited to one class, so you can try both.

-Break-
Oct 21, 2006, 02:21 PM
Don't worry people, you have a long time to choose your expert class, since, if updates go as planed, we won't be seeing them until about December 5th....

Sevenfold
Oct 21, 2006, 02:23 PM
Doesnt matter to me what anyone else is, as long as we all have fun, and find some cool ass weapons to kill things with. Its whatever to me.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 22, 2006, 04:08 PM
Figunner seem kinda overpowered, with level 30 melee and lots of S rank melee weapons and high accuracy they can have near fortehunter like damage whill also being able to pwn stuff with guns

I mean wartecher or guntecher has nothing on that

Kjeldor
Oct 22, 2006, 04:15 PM
Meh im gonna be a FiGunner but not to jump on the Double Saber Band Wagon (although its alright) Because it matches my PSO charachter the most i had a Dragon Claw and Twin Sabers and a Single Sabre and also some good techniques. They dont have a class with 80% fighter muscle 20% magic Muscle so ill go with 80% Fighter 20% ranger.

MattMattic
Oct 22, 2006, 04:20 PM
I'm Kind of torn between fortegunner and figunner ,i'll decide when the time comes.

KaiNova7
Oct 22, 2006, 07:21 PM
I always played "figunner" style anyways on pso, and doulbe sabers were my fav weapon class,but that could change on psu, But my main will definitely be Figunner, leaning toward cast....but beast is still an option....

ethanhawkeye
Oct 22, 2006, 08:18 PM
figunner is cool. i think everyone's going to be a figunner.

MXdude
Oct 22, 2006, 08:30 PM
Female Newman Guntecher.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 22, 2006, 09:00 PM
you know, it seems like no race seems to be "gimped" at any of the hybrid classes, it seems like any race can be any of the three hybrids.

wildstar
Oct 22, 2006, 09:32 PM
I'm a HU, through and through, so male human Fortefighter for me.

However, since I'm picking Human, I suppose I can (and eventually will) try out every class.

This is actually my first time playing a human in a rpg. I've always played the 'other' races, but this time I decided I'm going to be a good ole human; no big plusses, no big minuses, all options equal.

See you in PSU!

Look for Wildstar!