PDA

View Full Version : the betas over?

Roguearthur
Oct 21, 2006, 10:36 AM
yea, i guess its over boo! they shouldve done it till like a day before the real one came out, well i guess they need time to work on servers and what not but i dont know.. i just wanna play i didnt get a chance to try out a ranger or Force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Maxurion
Oct 21, 2006, 10:40 AM
Try them out once the game is released then. It's only a few days away anyhow.

Roguearthur
Oct 21, 2006, 10:41 AM
true, but i would like to stick to one character, i know you can switch classes, but still i dont know.. lol im sick of playing mmos and having 50 chars, thats why i liked ffxi but still i wanna stick to one class... haha http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Maxurion
Oct 21, 2006, 10:46 AM
Honestly... PSU class switching doesn't really help.

Since you're limited to 36 PAs you pretty much HAVE to specialize in one class.

Miphesto
Oct 21, 2006, 10:50 AM
they need to regenerate our lust for the game...so they're sure we'll buy it

DreamLocke
Oct 21, 2006, 10:55 AM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!111one!

VR-Raiden
Oct 21, 2006, 11:09 AM
On 2006-10-21 08:46, Maxurion wrote:
Honestly... PSU class switching doesn't really help.

Since you're limited to 36 PAs you pretty much HAVE to specialize in one class.

hmmm you have a point, I hadn't thought of that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif is there a way to "un-learn" PAs? >_>

Roguearthur
Oct 21, 2006, 12:04 PM
On 2006-10-21 08:50, Miphesto wrote:
they need to regenerate our lust for the game...so they're sure we'll buy it

true, if the beta still went on for some people right now they might not want to buy it, since isnt the max cap on live version 50? i saw a level 30 the other day, and yea.. lol

Alexandrious1
Oct 21, 2006, 12:11 PM
Out of topic I know but since it was mentioned here, about PAs, lets say I was a Figunner and primarily liked to use Twin Sabers. I got lv 30 skill in twin sabers if thats how it works right? Is it that every 10 skill lvs theirs a Photon art you can learn for the particular weapon? So thats 1 at lv 1, 1 at lv 10, another at 20 then finally 30?

Would like to clarify on this so I can start planning, im going Human so...yea you can see what I mean basically.

Raba
Oct 21, 2006, 12:11 PM
I'm just happy they gave us a couple extra days, i'd assume one was because of Live being down. I even stayed up late on midnight and soloed the dragon as a level 9 force because I was sure it was my last chance till release of the game haha.

Sev
Oct 21, 2006, 12:52 PM
On 2006-10-21 10:11, Alexandrious1 wrote:
Out of topic I know but since it was mentioned here, about PAs, lets say I was a Figunner and primarily liked to use Twin Sabers. I got lv 30 skill in twin sabers if thats how it works right? Is it that every 10 skill lvs theirs a Photon art you can learn for the particular weapon? So thats 1 at lv 1, 1 at lv 10, another at 20 then finally 30?

Would like to clarify on this so I can start planning, im going Human so...yea you can see what I mean basically.

For melee weapons there will be a total of 3 Photon Arts you can learn per weapon I'm sure. The level of skill you have in a photon art does not matter. It's simply that you cannot learn more then 36 Photon Arts without overwriting another.

Each Bullet Art counts as 1 Photon Art.

Each Tech counts as 1 Photon Art.

Each Skill counts as 1 Photon Art.

There are 36 techs I heard, and you can learn every tech if you choose to... However you will not be able to learn any bullets or skills if you do so. Does that make it any clearer? It's not about how high you level up your Photon Arts, just about how many Photon Arts you can learn in general.

With Skills, you can gain a new hit in your photon art every 10 hits... But not all weapons get up to 3 hits. Anyway, you gain a new hit at level 11 and 21 of certain Skills. That's only dependant on the level of that photon art, and it doesn't effect anything else.

(To my knowledge at least.)

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 01:10 PM
I saw several 30s+..

-- Blen

DreamLocke
Oct 21, 2006, 03:31 PM
NOOOO I thought it was over tonight! I was on til about 2am last night...