PDA

View Full Version : Extra Mode?

OnnaWren
Oct 21, 2006, 01:07 PM
Is it true that Extra Mode is like a post-game solo online mode, or is it just a sub-par bone thrown to us who are forever stuck offline?

What I'm trying to say is is it like PSO's offline mode versus its online mode, or something more pared-down?

Callous
Oct 21, 2006, 01:09 PM
"Is it true that Extra Mode is like a post-game solo online mode"

That sounds like a fair description.

rena-ko
Oct 21, 2006, 01:10 PM
its the same you get online, just offline.
no clue about whether or not its for more than one player tho.

Rizen
Oct 21, 2006, 01:10 PM
Well, atm I cant exactly answer the question in detail but Extra Mode in this case, the way you put it, would be the 'sub-par bone thrown to us who are forever stuck offline'.

Extra Mode has alot of things missing from the online version like clothes and missions, but it did have more weapons and PAs available than online for a short period of time.

Natrokos
Oct 21, 2006, 01:11 PM
Sub-Par bone imo. You don't have access to some of the weapons, You can't use Expert classes, missing out on new clothes/weapons/armour/missions......I guess it could be fun for some people and i'd rather it be there then not........But online is infinately superior since I have friends playing that can't join me if i'm offline.

echo-2003
Oct 21, 2006, 01:20 PM
That ticks me off to no end that some things are not included in extra mode. I'm paying full price for the game so why isn't everything there? Makes no sense at all.

I was going to go online but just for a little while. Since everything is saved server side I see no point in it for the long run. Why put all the work into it when your efforts will simply be erased?

Online is fun but only for a little while, especially when your paying for it.

Natrokos
Oct 21, 2006, 01:30 PM
Everything was there until PSU got updated.... Extra mode won't be updated as frequently (If ever?) so it will go out of date fast.

Most online games are server side, it is so much easier to hack when it's not....... Responding to your efforts being erased comment......Why put effort into any game when you'll just get bored of it later? (Because it's fun atm) Besides, look how long PSO has been around.....PSU will be here for awhile. Imo offline is fun for a little while but eventually I want interaction of some sort.

StanleyPain
Oct 21, 2006, 01:50 PM
Offline Extra mode is hardly a bone. There's been offline dungeon crawler games on consoles before with less features and less to do that have garnered more praise. It's hardly out of date, even with the online updates. if you don't want to or can't get online, Extra mode offers you the same dungeon hack, albeit slightly scaled down and a bit easier since it's more friendlier to single player play.

And, no, there is no multiplayer.

DoubleJG
Oct 21, 2006, 03:44 PM
As online mode progresses, Extra Mode will continue to lack:

-Newer Weapons
-Newer Armors
-Newer PMs
-Newer Missions
-Newer Clothes
-Holiday Events
-Expert Classes

Although, it does provide:
-Level 100 cap for good amount of time to play
-Many missions, enough to keep one satisfied
-A feel to as if you WERE online, similar to PSO offline but now you can have story characters accompany you by choice
-It's free

Basically, Extra mode is something extra. It's seen as two things:

1. A way for players to experiment with races, weapons, etc. before they officially make a character online.
&
2. The "online mode" lacking the community for offline only gamers.

Trust me, you'll be able to enjoy extra mode.