PDA

View Full Version : Soooo...will the servers be up for PSU come release day?

Ludamec
Oct 21, 2006, 01:36 PM
Servers being up as in, I am able to get online as soon as I rip the plastic off the game. Me and my friends are already planning an online get together come wednesday night...well..for the rest of the weekend really, the only thing that could fudge it up is the servers not coming up until a week later or w/e....I hope we don't get plagued with the same problems as the JP servers did...can anyone confirm that the servers will be online ready come the 25th?

Kismet
Oct 21, 2006, 01:40 PM
I think they will. Whoever made that remark/thread earlier about them not being up is most likely wrong, because why would Sega be so unprepared and bad a bad influence like that? They should know better no servers would mean disappointed people, and that would be loss of business.

For Sega's sake, the servers should be up on launching day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kismet on 2006-10-21 11:41 ]</font>

Prise
Oct 21, 2006, 01:41 PM
oh man if the servers arent up on release day segas gunna have alot of angry customers

drmcst45
Oct 21, 2006, 01:42 PM
I remember the PSO v.2 release AND PSO:BB release had issues with purchasing a hunter's license.

The website you had to go t purchase the license was under a hella stress and nobody could purchase a license to get on.

i wouldnt be shocked if something like this happens again but i bet thats why PSU.com allows you to sign up for a guardian license early so this way they dont get everyone rushing to buy it openning day.

Ecstasy
Oct 21, 2006, 01:47 PM
I thought the servers would be up the 24th? I called EBgames, and they said they will have it the 24th in store to buy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ecstasy on 2006-10-21 11:47 ]</font>

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 01:48 PM
I'm sure thats why they ended the beta..so they can test out the licenses purchase, etc etc and see if everything works well. I bet they all at least attempted 100 to 500 log-ins and see if its well.

-- Blen

Rizen
Oct 21, 2006, 01:48 PM
No one can really confirm this right here and now. I dont even think SEGA really can say at this point whether or not the servers will be up immediately after the release.

In this post....although I wouldnt put it in these words or this vicious...BlueInfinity does make a few points.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=122291&forum=20&42

Miphesto
Oct 21, 2006, 01:49 PM
if the servers held up for a free beta test....it will surely hold up for opening day...more people were on the 360 version this past week, than there will be on opening day....it should be fine

Katrina
Oct 21, 2006, 01:49 PM
Lets hope Sega remembers to feed the little hamster running on the wheel, that keeps the servers going. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

drmcst45
Oct 21, 2006, 01:55 PM
Now is probably the best time to purhcase a guardian's license (either on psu.com OR on the marketplace).

There's a reason why ST is allowing you to buy one before the game comes out so their servers don't get all clogged up on day 1.

i'm probably going to buy mine tonight on the market place

Cojiro
Oct 21, 2006, 02:58 PM
I'd say most likley yes...it'd be silly not to, right?
If not I'll go play offlime, it won't bother me so much...but I picture some people being mighty pissed.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 21, 2006, 03:00 PM
I'll have my copy wednesday but if the servers are broken then all the more reason for me to not neglect the offline mode.