PDA

View Full Version : Some intresting stuff about pso x-box

TwiztidJuggalo
Nov 12, 2002, 06:08 AM
Still no US Date though. At least they managed to include Europe.

http://forums.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151108

charr
Nov 12, 2002, 01:51 PM
The article raises one interesting new feature about Xbox I hadn't thought of: LAN parties. Two or more Xboxes, each with their own copy of PSO, linked to a router in one location. Not online play, but multiplayer offline *without* split screen.

That could be interesting...

ABDUR101
Nov 12, 2002, 02:07 PM
On 2002-11-12 10:51, charr wrote:
The article raises one interesting new feature about Xbox I hadn't thought of: LAN parties. Two or more Xboxes, each with their own copy of PSO, linked to a router in one location. Not online play, but multiplayer offline *without* split screen.

That could be interesting...

Well now atleast when my nephew comes up we'll have something fun to do other than split screen on the GC =X

Agent_Reav
Nov 12, 2002, 02:14 PM
System Link is a beautiful thing! If this is included in the final retail version we could play using Gamespy and/or XBConnect! This means ppl who don't wanna pay for the Xbox Live Kit could just use the tunnel software free of charge! Of course I'll be on Xbox Live (Already have the kit and it ownz so much) but this will be a great alternative when my XB Live acct runs out.

jazzyfox
Nov 12, 2002, 02:47 PM
On 2002-11-12 11:14, Agent_Reav wrote:
System Link is a beautiful thing! If this is included in the final retail version we could play using Gamespy and/or XBConnect! This means ppl who don't wanna pay for the Xbox Live Kit could just use the tunnel software free of charge! Of course I'll be on Xbox Live (Already have the kit and it ownz so much) but this will be a great alternative when my XB Live acct runs out.

If you seriously think they're going to put in a way to get around paying for play, you're foolish. There would be no point in having XBox Live if they let every game play for free without it. And we all know MS loves money. Allowing XBox Live games to be run over a local network thus tunneled through the internet would seriously undermine their goals for the subscription service. So you will likely see games either support local network play, or Live, but not both.

What you're seeing in the article is people playing online in the same room (why else would it mention the 8Mb dsl?). You can do this with even the Dreamcast.

saffaya
Nov 12, 2002, 02:52 PM
Only if you have an ip address per dreamcast.

Malkavian
Nov 12, 2002, 03:04 PM
That can't be done in GC?
With the BBA it can be done in hardware terms, only missing sithat the game allows it. If it doeasn't we should beat some arses http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

jazzyfox
Nov 12, 2002, 03:09 PM
On 2002-11-12 11:52, saffaya wrote:
Only if you have an ip address per dreamcast.

And only if you have an ip address per XBox, or per GameCube, or stick them behind a NAT solution. Putting them all behind a router and playing isn't exactly new for the XBox.

Sedyne
Nov 12, 2002, 04:29 PM
On 2002-11-12 11:47, jazzyfox wrote:

On 2002-11-12 11:14, Agent_Reav wrote:

If you seriously think they're going to put in a way to get around paying for play, you're foolish. There would be no point in having XBox Live if they let every game play for free without it. And we all know MS loves money. Allowing XBox Live games to be run over a local network thus tunneled through the internet would seriously undermine their goals for the subscription service. So you will likely see games either support local network play, or Live, but not both.

What you're seeing in the article is people playing online in the same room (why else would it mention the 8Mb dsl?). You can do this with even the Dreamcast.

it could happen...don't underestimate the american dream....land of the free =)

saffaya
Nov 12, 2002, 05:48 PM
And only if you have an ip address per XBox, or per GameCube, or stick them behind a NAT solution.

Yes, Yes, NO.
NAT won't allow you to have several PSO consoles behind it if the network protocol is still the same as on DC.
You need several IP, one per machine.

Agent_Reav
Nov 12, 2002, 06:08 PM
On 2002-11-12 14:48, saffaya wrote:

And only if you have an ip address per XBox, or per GameCube, or stick them behind a NAT solution.

Yes, Yes, NO.
NAT won't allow you to have several PSO consoles behind it if the network protocol is still the same as on DC.
You need several IP, one per machine.

Frenchy ownz!