PDA

View Full Version : PA/bullet/spell questions

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 21, 2006, 02:16 PM
I hear alot of people talking about leveling up wepaons/PA's/bullets etc. how exactly does it work? does an "ice bullet" on a rifle level up just by using it and only the one on that rifle? do techs "level up" or do you buy more? and "leveling weapons" by using them I assume?

galaxy
Oct 21, 2006, 02:19 PM
regardless of the type of photon art (skills, bullets and techs), and regardless of the weapon you use it on, they all level up with use. they aren't tied to only the weapon you have them on. you don't have to buy higher levels to raise them. they ALL level up with use.

Flamingo99
Oct 21, 2006, 02:20 PM
All the PA's level up with use. The PAs keep their level regardless if they are equipped to a C rank or A rank weapon.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 21, 2006, 02:26 PM
awesome, thats what I was hopign to hear. Are weapons done the same way? (eg: level 11 shotgun for an extra shot) so do weapons level up with use as well or something?

Valatar
Oct 21, 2006, 02:30 PM
As I understand it (I am not a beta player), the PAs level on successful use. As in, when used on a monster, you can't level them by using them repeatedly in an empty room. (Excepting buff and heal techniques, I imagine.)

The weapons themselves never level, you get stronger attacks out of them by linking higher-level skills and bullets to them. So if you stick a level 30 ice bullet on a C-rank shotgun, you'll get three shots out of it, and if you link a level 1 fire bullet to an S-rank shotgun, it will only shoot one shot at a time.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 21, 2006, 02:36 PM
On 2006-10-21 12:30, Valatar wrote:
As I understand it (I am not a beta player), the PAs level on successful use. As in, when used on a monster, you can't level them by using them repeatedly in an empty room. (Excepting buff and heal techniques, I imagine.)

The weapons themselves never level, you get stronger attacks out of them by linking higher-level skills and bullets to them. So if you stick a level 30 ice bullet on a C-rank shotgun, you'll get three shots out of it, and if you link a level 1 fire bullet to an S-rank shotgun, it will only shoot one shot at a time.

thanks for the info makes more sense!

PS: dont mean to nitpick, but shotguns go 3-4-5 in shots, if they ever shot 1 they'd flatout suck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif