PDA

View Full Version : A few questions...

Kio
Oct 21, 2006, 02:30 PM
Well, as the game is going to be relased soon, I have a few questions to people who imported/know a few things about the game.

First of all, I've heard about Fortegunners and Prototransers and whatnot. How do you go about unlocking them and are you able to switch jobs?

Second, are you penalized for leveling up all jobs, rather than focused on one? I've heard that if you were to level Force up to god-knows-what-level and then decided to play as a Hunter, you would be worse than another Hunter your level who just played that job (if anyone understood that).

And finally, what servers are going to be connected? Last I heard it was PS2/PC and then the 360 was by itself. Is this still true?

Thanks for any input.

Rizen
Oct 21, 2006, 02:33 PM
I think most of the questions about Expert Classes can be answer here:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121267&forum=20&192

You will not be penalized from leveling all jobs up besides the fact you will have to pay money every time you switch class. Also, you have a 36 PA limit count so you probably have a hard time doing so if you choose to.

PS2/PC are going to be connected with US and EU and JP seperate and Xbox will be by itself, but it will be international.

-Break-
Oct 21, 2006, 02:34 PM
1. Once you meet the requirments, the change class NPC can help you out, but we won't be seeing the expert classes until early December anways....
2. Job level are seperate from character levels. Depending on your job level you get stat bonuses and such. So a Hunter with a high hunter job level would have a higher ATP bonus.
3.PS2 and PC are connected. X-box 360 is seperate. PC/PS2 are connect with EU, while 360 is connected with JP and EU.

EDIT: Damn you Rizen! You me beat every time by a matter of seconds! One day I shall be victorious...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-21 12:39 ]</font>

Kio
Oct 21, 2006, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the information, guys. I plan on completely maxing out one character, rather than using multiple characters, so the PA limit may be a challenge but it'll be something to do.

Valatar
Oct 21, 2006, 02:39 PM
Wait, do what now? You think it will take five weeks for people to start unlocking the experts?

Rizen
Oct 21, 2006, 02:40 PM
On 2006-10-21 12:34, -Break- wrote:
EDIT: Damn you Rizen! You me beat every time by a matter of seconds! One day I shall be victorious...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-21 12:39 ]</font>

Mwahaha...what can I say?

Scallop
Oct 21, 2006, 02:40 PM
Is the december thing true? I didnt see any news on it.

-Break-
Oct 21, 2006, 02:42 PM
On 2006-10-21 12:39, Valatar wrote:
Wait, do what now? You think it will take five weeks for people to start unlocking the experts?

They won't be realesed for about 43 days after release, which is around December 5th. This is because updates are being released in similiar time frames to the JP version. For example if they got an update two weeks after release, then we have to wait two weeks after release for that same update on the US servers. This is what is in the works, I'm still praying that it changes though.

Valatar
Oct 21, 2006, 02:47 PM
Oh, I see. I'd heard about the staggered release policy, but wasn't aware that the expert classes weren't available when the game went live in Japan.

Vhex
Oct 21, 2006, 02:51 PM
He is correct, but don't worry about it, its not like you'd be playing them right away anyways. It takes time to get your job up.