PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart to have it 24th in stores?

xenokai
Oct 21, 2006, 03:26 PM
Does anyone know if psu will be on store shelfs the 24th? at wal mart or any store like best buy or ebgames?

Yoruichi
Oct 21, 2006, 03:27 PM
I went up to walmart because of the post saying they were gonna get it early. They said it would be on shelves on the 24th.

Yoiyami
Oct 21, 2006, 03:28 PM
I don't know about Walmart, but Gamestop will get the game on the 25th.

The 24th is the shipping date for the game. Most stores don't receive the shipment until the next day.

EDIT: The same can be said for EB, by the way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2006-10-21 13:29 ]</font>

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 03:28 PM
Sadly I have a really bad Walmart where I live so I never even check there anymore...

drmcst45
Oct 21, 2006, 03:29 PM
LOL @ Going to 24 hour wal-mart.

they'd only have the game if it was shipped early and ment to be placed on shelves on the 24th.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drmcst45 on 2006-10-21 13:29 ]</font>

LordHakutsuru
Oct 21, 2006, 03:30 PM
I thought Wal-Mart released the game on October 16th... wink wink~

On 2006-10-08 16:13, LordHakutsuru wrote:
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4583/walmartpsuou2.jpg

Miphesto
Oct 21, 2006, 03:31 PM
another wal mart post.../sigh..when i get to work tonight i'll check...and i will have an answer for u after work..

xenokai
Oct 21, 2006, 03:32 PM
On 2006-10-21 13:27, Yoruichi wrote:
I went up to walmart because of the post saying they were gonna get it early. They said it would be on shelves on the 24th.

did you ask for the pc version?

Clyde
Oct 21, 2006, 03:33 PM
I've never seen a store or gamestop adverstise a game for a date earlier then they will actually have it, so I'm most confident it will arrive on the date it says, rather then a day later.

LordHakutsuru
Oct 21, 2006, 03:35 PM
Clyde wrote:
I've never seen a store or gamestop adverstise a game for a date earlier then they will actually have it, so I'm most confident it will arrive on the date it says, rather then a day later.

lol (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120287&forum=20) ?

Garnet_Moon
Oct 21, 2006, 03:39 PM
I don't know, I got Kingdom Hearts II on the day it shipped. They got the shipment at around noon, but they say they won't get this one until the 25th.

They pay extra to get KH2 on the same day, but won't for PSU? Absurd! AND they ran out of Soundtrack CDs so I don't have one. I'm double sad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

EDIT: This was at Gamestop, btw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-21 13:39 ]</font>

Clyde
Oct 21, 2006, 03:42 PM
One example =P sue me, I just saying if a store says it will have it , they mean the arrival
date not the 'shipped' date, otherwise people would be arriving one day to early

It should be noted that on occasion i've actually gotten a game 1 day earlier from gamestop, then what a retail store said they would get it ex. walmart say 20 gamestop get on 19, that most deffinitely not happen but you never know.

-BK-
Oct 21, 2006, 03:46 PM
Typically games don't come out on a Tuesday except for major releases (Madden, Halo, and a few other titles that are sure to sell millions on day one). Best Buy will have it Wednesday.

Clyde
Oct 21, 2006, 03:56 PM
Typically games don't come out on a Tuesday except for major releases (Madden, Halo, and a few other titles that are sure to sell millions on day one). Best Buy will have it Wednesday.

It would have been one of those exceptions if Sega PR team didn't slack off in getting the word-out on this game

*crosses fingers* hears hoping for an exception

Kizzy
Oct 21, 2006, 03:57 PM
On 2006-10-21 13:46, -BK- wrote:

That reminds me of something. Is Best Buy going to have the PC version of PSU, yes or no? Because I don't see it on their website. Whenever I search for PSU on bestbuy.com, they just give me the PS2 & 360 versions.

tikigod13
Oct 21, 2006, 04:01 PM
Well i called my Walmart and the only game they knew with a star was starwars.....

Miphesto
Oct 21, 2006, 04:03 PM
lol not everyone at wal mart plays video games.....

and MOST new releases....95% of them come out on tuesdays...that's what i'm hoping for

Clyde
Oct 21, 2006, 04:10 PM
Well i called my Walmart and the only game they knew with a star was starwars.....

They most likely looked it up wrong, fantasy star instead of phantasy star so don't fret, just spelling error on there part ill bet

tikigod13
Oct 21, 2006, 04:15 PM
Ur probobley right, i'd rather check myself then call. But im probobey gonna pre order at ebgames tommorow.

Clyde
Oct 21, 2006, 04:24 PM
Ur probobley right, i'd rather check myself then call. But im probobey gonna pre order at ebgames tommorow.

Probably a good I idea, personally I always buy/reserve games from gamestop because all they have to know about are games where as chain stores have to take care way to many things so they might not always be up-date to changes that happen.
And also an annoyance was sometimes trying to buy a game, but its behind a glass door, so you have to go chasing after some guy to open it which is a real pain.

And theres the 'fantasy star' over phantasy star mix up which flat out sux since practicaly no one knows what a fantasy star is =P

those are just my thoughts =)

EDIT: so in short getting it from EB games is a good call

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clyde on 2006-10-21 14:25 ]</font>

Phaze37
Oct 21, 2006, 04:27 PM
On 2006-10-21 14:10, Clyde wrote:

They most likely looked it up wrong, fantasy star instead of phantasy star so don't fret, just spelling error on there part ill bet

Same thing happened to me when I preordered PSU at EB.

Me: "I'd like to preorder two copies of Phantasy Star Universe please, one for PC and one for PS2"
Clerk: "You must be a big fan of the series"
Me: "Sort of. I never got to level 200 in PSO so I'm not as hardcore as some"
Clerk: *looks it up on his computer and looks puzzled* "Fantasy Star Universe is not on the list, sorry."
Me: "Look under P."
Clerk: "Pantasy Star??"
Me: o_O "It's spelled with a Ph smart guy"
Clerk: "Ohh... Yeah we'll be getting a few copies"

-BK-
Oct 21, 2006, 04:30 PM
On 2006-10-21 13:57, Kizzy wrote:

That reminds me of something. Is Best Buy going to have the PC version of PSU, yes or no? Because I don't see it on their website. Whenever I search for PSU on bestbuy.com, they just give me the PS2 & 360 versions.

I'm pretty sure we will. I'll have to double check on that tomorrow.

tikigod13
Oct 21, 2006, 04:31 PM
hahaha but the thing is whith computer games at the chain sores there not behind the glass boxes. There sitting in the computer software area. But if i was buying an xbox 360 version or PS2 then it woud suck. But the important thing is that were gonna get the game so its all good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BioWarrior
Oct 21, 2006, 04:31 PM
On 2006-10-21 14:27, Phaze37 wrote:

On 2006-10-21 14:10, Clyde wrote:

Me: "I'd like to preorder two copies of Phantasy Star Universe please, one for PC and one for PS2"
Clerk: *looks it up on his computer and looks puzzled* "Fantasy Star Universe is not on the list, sorry."

I got lucky at gamestop and the clerk was actually excited about PSU. Was worried I'd get one of those guys who thinks its Fantasy Star lol.

Clyde
Oct 21, 2006, 04:35 PM

LAMO that brightened my day =P guess everyone
isn't always as informed as I think , still more likely to find someone who knows what there talking about at gamestop, then a clerk who simply works in the electronics department somewhere else

Jinto117
Oct 21, 2006, 04:43 PM
I'm actually kinda worried. You see I reserved PSU last month on September 5th at Gamestop. I told the clerk I wanted to reserve the PC version of the game. Of course this was prior to my switching over to the Xbox 360 version of the game. I don't know if he heard me clearly or not but the reciept just says ">646200 Phantsy Star Uni<". Does anyone else who reserved the game from Gamestop have a receipt that says the same thing? Or does your receipt state the version you are preordering? I wanna make sure I can get the 360 version with my receipt.

Yoiyami
Oct 21, 2006, 04:46 PM
On 2006-10-21 14:43, Jinto117 wrote:
I'm actually kinda worried. You see I reserved PSU last month on September 5th at Gamestop. I told the clerk I wanted to reserve the PC version of the game. Of course this was prior to my switching over to the Xbox 360 version of the game. I don't know if he heard me clearly or not but the reciept just says ">646200 Phantsy Star Uni<". Does anyone else who reserved the game from Gamestop have a receipt that says the same thing? Or does your receipt state the version you are preordering? I wanna make sure I can get the 360 version with my receipt.

They should have it in their computer that you reserved the game. Well, I assume so, anyway. Maybe it's because they know me, but the Gamestop guys NEVER ask me for a receipt. Ever... >.>;

EDIT: It should say what version you reserved, also.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2006-10-21 14:47 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Oct 21, 2006, 04:46 PM

PC version on reserve here. Same numbers on my reciept.

Clyde
Oct 21, 2006, 04:48 PM

I wouldn't worry bout it, they probably haven't added it yet because maybe they want to add like a gift then thing with purchase, or it could just be they don't have the box art yet (who knows why) so they'll wait for that. Target doesn't show it either but walmart does so it is coming out for the PC they just havent decided on maybe the price or something. In any case minor detail wait for tommorrow theyll probably show different.

-BK-
Oct 21, 2006, 04:52 PM
On 2006-10-21 14:31, tikigod13 wrote:
hahaha but the thing is whith computer games at the chain sores there not behind the glass boxes. There sitting in the computer software area. But if i was buying an xbox 360 version or PS2 then it woud suck. But the important thing is that were gonna get the game so its all good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Depends on the store. Walmart puts computer titles in a glass case now. Best Buy only cases up console games priced above $20 and expensive software (Photoshop, Windows XP...)

Clyde
Oct 21, 2006, 04:55 PM
My recipt doesn't say what system just says phantasy star uni so I may have reserved for the wrong system ; then again at the same time i was also buying a PS2, hopefully clerk will know that I wanted to reserve for PS2

Skyly
Oct 21, 2006, 05:38 PM
Yes, I called walmart and they said they will have the game on the 24th. So i will have the game on Monday at 12:00am technically tuesday at 12:01

drmcst45
Oct 21, 2006, 05:44 PM
On 2006-10-21 14:46, Garnet_Moon wrote:

PC version on reserve here. Same numbers on my reciept.

I just told the guy i wanted PSU!! He knows me somewhat and knows I have a 360 so I think he put me down for that copy because my reciept has ">200176".

NeuroNomad
Oct 21, 2006, 08:11 PM
Honestly I have never got a game that I had on preorder on the same day that it was released. Maybe it is because of being located in the Midwest. But I have always heard that other than a few areas no one usually gets the products on the ship day, but the day following the release date.

Take BF:2142 for example which I had on preorder at Best Buy last week and it was released on Tuesday but they (nor anyone else Gamestop/EB, etc) had it for sale at least in my area until the following day.

Rina
Oct 21, 2006, 08:16 PM
Preordered at EBgames already ; ;~ I'll most likley not have it till 25th. From my experiance games always seem to come the next day (after release date) because the release date generally means shipping.

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 08:52 PM
On 2006-10-21 13:27, Yoruichi wrote:

SWEET, I CHECKED MINE TOO. They said tehy w9ill have plenty of them.

-- Blen

Tystys
Oct 21, 2006, 08:56 PM
On 2006-10-21 13:57, Kizzy wrote:

I'm pretty sure they will. Bestbuy does have a pretty OK library of PC games, so I don't know why they wouldn't.

Hemorrhage
Oct 21, 2006, 09:17 PM
Most MMOs are shipped ahead of time so the stores can sell them on the "service day" a.k.a the day they flip the switch for the servers. I remember way back when PSO ep. 1 & 2 was coming out in America, someone had an actual retail english copy a week before it was supposed to hit the shelves.

Some stores may have PSU on the 24th(by having them early, or getting the shipment from the warehouse the same day), some may not get them in till the 25th. If you pre-ordered it online, you aren't gonna get it till the 25th because of shipping.
Your best bet is to just call around on the 24th in the afternoon to see if they got their shipments in. If not, then you know they will definitly have them on the 25th.

Tystys
Oct 21, 2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah, even if they did have it early, than that would mean that you'd have to play Singleplayer and who wants to do that! hmph!

Xeraphim
Oct 21, 2006, 09:51 PM
I preordered at a Gamestop, and me and some friends are going to the mall after school to go pick it up. Lucky me, we get out early this coming Wednesday! So, more hours I can clock in!