PDA

View Full Version : Still bouncing off walls. Ask me anything.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 03:53 PM
Here we go again. I'm bored, and have no plans for the next... 5 or so hours. So, here I am, waiting to answer all of your PSU questions. I am a fairly competent forum whore that has played PSO for over 500 hours, and the 360 beta to Lv17... so if you have PSO/beta questions, I'm the man!

Since the last thread was overrun with random chatter, I'd like to encourage this thread to be only related to PSU. If you want to chat like last time, join the Chat!room. I'll be in there too.

So, here goes! Ask me anything, and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-21 14:02 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 03:56 PM
Depends on the character and the badge type, AFAIK.

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 03:56 PM
Do all beast's nanoblast forms look the same?

Emrald
Oct 21, 2006, 03:57 PM
Where is Flordia? XD JK

Seriously....Can you tell me about techs...can a force only master a certin ammount? Or can you fill up all your PA spaces with techs?

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 03:58 PM
On 2006-10-21 13:56, FenixStryk wrote:
Depends on the character and the badge type, AFAIK.

Aside from Gender and color are there any other differances?

Nani-chan
Oct 21, 2006, 03:59 PM
36 is the most with a combination of techs, weapon PAs and Bullets combined into that 36. Once you learn a 37th you have to unlearn one of the photon disks to get it back to 36 again.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:00 PM
In terms of the beta, you can learn up to 36 Photon Arts. So, if for some reason you want to use all 36 Photon Slots on techs, by all means, go ahead.

Remember, however, that a rod can only hold 4 spells. You'd be using a LOT of rods to use all those spells, and that's if you can even hold 9 rods in your action palette.

Rizen
Oct 21, 2006, 04:01 PM
ROFL, I should have made a topic like this...I been sitting here for hours waiting for topics to come up to answer but Break has been answering most of the questions T_T.

So....I will ask. How are Rangers treated online?

Emrald
Hmmm....I don't really plan to melee as a force...I'll just learn all techs and figure out something LOL how many spells will there be total when all of them are reliesed?

FenixStryk
Aaomi, to be honest, as a CAST, I don't know exactly how skins are determined for Beast Nanoblasts. I am going to assume it depends on gender, the type of badge, and possibly the colors of your clothes.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:05 PM
Rangers aren't as common as Hunters or Forces, but they're in no way frowned on. They are the BEST classes for taking out the little baddies, since they have a LOT of SEs.

There will be at least 20 spells. IIRC, there are 6 elements. Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Light, and Dark. There is the original, Ra- types, Gi- types, and Demi- types... (I think I misspelled one of the prefixes wrong) So, 6x4 is about 24 spells, not including heals, stat buffs, and other miscellanous techs.

Nani-chan
Oct 21, 2006, 04:07 PM
I think some hunters got jealous that I was killing things to quickly, but they didn't kick me out since we still got Sranks and stuff.

/Runs ups, shoots, strafes, shoots some more, kills. /gets most of the kill exp

Sizzors
Can you beat my Zombie Kill count in Dead Rising?

(87,874)

DrEngrish
Hey Fenix,

poping in to say hi, last night was crazy... I cant participate this time but im looking forward to see how big this one gets http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Laters !

NiteOwl
Oct 21, 2006, 04:08 PM
Pretty sure that beast form appearance is just determined by gender and badge color. I was a female beast and female beasts are tall and gangly and flip around when they do attacks. Male beasts are huge and pound the ground with their attacks. Though I only ever saw beasts with a red aura, I'm going to assume the color changes for the different badge types.

As for how rangers are treated online... I'd say pretty good. Though I only partied in a big group a few times with my ranger, I think everyone liked what I was doing with status effects. And I didn't get hit at all most of the time, so that was a plus to any party looking for an S-rank.

Rangers seem to be better off in bigger parties than, say, for duoing. I duo with a friend a lot and my ranger would either get hit too often, run out of bullets, or have to run around too much. In a party of at least 4, I could hang back and peck at stuff from afar without any worries. And even with a level 2 freeze and a level 2 shock on the two sets of twin handguns I had, the status effects were going off fairly often. My party wasn't always taking advantage of that fact, but that's O.K.! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Break-
Nanoblast Color Info (http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Nanoblasts)

FenixStryk
Engrish, this one will likely be smaller snce the pointless ranbling will be redirected to the Chat! section on IRC.
I will likely not beat your DEAD RISING killcount since I don't have the game.

Aaomi
Did you notice a lot of players with Max/Min character height?

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 04:09 PM
So....I will ask. How are Rangers treated online?

I figured I could chime in on this one as well, since it's more of an observation question (and thus one can construct an answer from multiple observations)...

In my experience, the only thing that people really wanted/cared about for a party was having at least one force to heal. Beyond that, people seemed to be okay with anything. I suspect this was just an effect of it being a beta (low levels, lack of time for some to learn all the facets, etc.), but it may just be that most folk are friendly.

Since anybody can contribute at least somewhat to a group, I never encountered people saying "we don't need an 'x'" or "let's wait for Y". People just sometimes said "aww, I wish their was a force" if we had no healers in a tougher run.

With any hope, it'll stay kinda like this when it gets further into release. The last thing I want is WoW-esque class restrictions in groups, bleh.

MayLee
Oct 21, 2006, 04:09 PM
I'm worried about the payment fee..

Will it only take Credit card?

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:10 PM
I saw a fair amount of players that are really short or really tall. If you want to be original, don't make your guy too short or too tall.

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 04:10 PM
It is going to be hard to decide between my favorite color or Quickness.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 04:11 PM
Did you notice a lot of players with Max/Min character height?

Another observation question, heh. I'm just looking for excuses to chime in, don't mind me...

I was kinda disappointed about it, yeah there were. Tha majority of the people were either max, min, or default. Not much in between, curiously enough... though there were still some. I went with 1/3 height slider meself (pretty short, but still noticeably taller than min height).

Nani-chan
Oct 21, 2006, 04:12 PM
The pattern seemed like males would be taller and females would be more extremely short. Though there were plenty of people average height.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:12 PM
Paymet will likely be Credit Card only, unless your Debit Card is linked to a Visa, or you pay through the XBL Marketplace (although that isn't even confirmed as true). Theyre might be a few other way, but CC is the most hassle-free way.

DarkShadowX
Oct 21, 2006, 04:13 PM
Why did God make the Platypus?

On 2006-10-21 14:09, MayLee wrote:
I'm worried about the payment fee..

Will it only take Credit card?

The payment system is the same as it was for PSO, in which I used a Debit Card, so the answer is, you can use both CCs and DCs(lol).

-Break-
Oct 21, 2006, 04:14 PM
I have a question! Has it been officially validated the update system Sonic Team plans to do is the one where we have to wait for updates in similiar time periods as the JP version. For example, they get Expert Classes 43 days after release, we on the US servers then have to wait 43 for expert classes as well. I sure hope they don't do it that way :/

FenixStryk
On the topic of proportions, I saw NO obese characters whatsoever. Not even one.

Aaomi
Did anyone compair Class/Race combos to see how much effect it really has on one's character?

NiteOwl
Oct 21, 2006, 04:16 PM
On 2006-10-21 14:09, Flunky wrote:
With any hope, it'll stay kinda like this when it gets further into release. The last thing I want is WoW-esque class restrictions in groups, bleh.

Or FFXI-esque class restrictions in groups, for that matter. I swear, just about every FFXI party I got into had the same job type makeup.

And yeah, I don't know if it was just because it was a beta, but people DID seem to be more willing to give any party a go. Though I saw people looking for healers a lot, most people would at least try out a mission without one. It was kinda weird seeing people desperate for a Force for the dragon run. It only takes about one run to learn his patterns and then you only get hit if you make a mistake or lose track of where he is. Sure, it'd take a bit longer to do it without a force doing diga damage, but still... he's not that bad.

That demon guy, on the other hand... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-Break-
Oct 21, 2006, 04:16 PM
On 2006-10-21 14:14, Aaomi wrote:
Did anyone compair Class/Race combos to see how much effect it really has on one's character?

Well, here are the results stat-wise (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=119181&forum=20&start=30)

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:17 PM
Class/Race can have an effect. Cast Forces and Newman Hunters will be weaker than Newman Forces and Beast Hunters of the same level, but it won't be the end of the world. There is an effect, but it isn't as noticable at higher levels.

Content in the US version will likely be released slowly, as time passes. If they do otherwise, it is not knows.

Katrina
Oct 21, 2006, 04:18 PM
hmm.... questions. Lets see...

1. Are the dance clubs open?

2. What's the most 'interesting' or bizarre name you've seen so far for a char.

3. How good is the AI on the racial NPC's you can group with?

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 04:19 PM
On the topic of proportions, I saw NO obese characters whatsoever. Not even one.

Heh. I made borderline obese guy to try out a force, but I didn't play him too much. A friend made a fat priest for the open beta, the side of obese with the tiny lil' legs.

The only obese folk I saw were people joking around as 'gargantua' females (max height, max obese, usually an afro, etc.) wearing their undies and dancing. Usually with a name like 'fat ass'. Probably won't see much or any of that when they have to pay a monthly fee to do it, though.

NiteOwl
Oct 21, 2006, 04:20 PM
I saw an obese character. A female. I forget her name, though. It was something like Hot Babe or something along those lines.

I picked the shortest I could go for my female cast and my female beast. I just liked 'em that way. My female newman was probably a bit taller than default.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:20 PM
In the beta, the Club was CLOSED. it never opened.
The most bizarre name I saw was Robotank... all the letters had funny accents on them. For example, the n had a ~ over it, etc.
There were no recruitable NPCs available in the beta, but I'm sure they're fairly competent.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 04:23 PM
When the tutorial was still up in the beta, you did a mission with your tutor.

The AI seemed to function as such: follow player. If something gets within 1.5 feet or some really small distance away, attack. Not terribly good. I imagine somebody who's played the import extra mode would have much more experience, though... Rizen? Somebody else?

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 04:25 PM
Is everyone from PSO-World going to try and be on the same server? Do players choose thier server or is it like FFXI random?

NiteOwl
Oct 21, 2006, 04:26 PM
In the beta, it was random when you come in, but then you just find a little orange thingy and you can teleport to any of the other servers from there. Unless it's full. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:27 PM
From what I hear, PSOW will meet every Saturday at X time EST, on a relatively empty server, such as 19 or 23.
Servers are not permanent. You can switch Universes at your whim.

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 04:31 PM
On 2006-10-21 14:27, FenixStryk wrote:
From what I hear, PSOW will meet every Saturday at X time EST, on a relatively empty server, such as 19 or 23.
Servers are not permanent. You can switch Universes at your whim.

And they are simple named #1,2,3... ?

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:32 PM
Universe 1, Universe 2, and so on. There were 36 servers on the 360 beta at the end.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:37 PM
Keep up the questions, I'll be here for a long, long time. If you want to help out, feel free to join in. 2nd opinions are great to have.

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 04:40 PM
How is the rate of leveling for a non powergamer?

About time for work so my last question for a lil http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: WOrk just called and told me to come in an hour later http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aaomi on 2006-10-21 14:44 ]</font>

Quark713
Oct 21, 2006, 04:41 PM
Are Dual Handguns any good? I didn't get a chance to try them in the Beta.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:42 PM
The rate of leveling is faster than PSO. I hit Lv17 in 30 hours, and I wasn't powergaming.
Dual Handguns are great Ranger Weapons, if not the best. They do about the same damage as Rifles, and apply SEs much faster. My favorite weapon, by far

Quark713
Oct 21, 2006, 04:44 PM
On 2006-10-21 14:42, FenixStryk wrote:
The rate of leveling is faster than PSO. I hit Lv17 in 30 hours, and I wasn't powergaming.
Dual Handguns are great Ranger Weapons, if not the best. They do about the same damage as Rifles, and apply SEs much faster. My favorite weapon, by far

Hence your title!

NiteOwl
Oct 21, 2006, 04:45 PM
Dual Handguns are excellent. Fairly quick and they do a decent amount of damage. Not as much as a rifle, mind you. I had two pairs of them and they were what I used mostly. I love 'em.

As for the rate of levelling... hrmmm... I don't know if I'm a power gamer or not. I probably played way too obsessively with the beta. I got my force to 17, my hunter to 21, and my ranger to 14 during the beta time. Now that I think about it and do the math, I probably played 80+ hours. O.K. Maybe I can't answer this one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 04:45 PM
I was 23, almost 24 in roughly 40ish hours, wasn't powergaming.

A good rate, and the fact that there's class leveling as well allows progression beyond level while still preventing easy-twinkage (mags, poor mis-used lil' fellas).

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:46 PM
Oh, MAGs were great. Always had trouble getting it to 200 POW, though.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 04:47 PM
Playing obsessively isn't powergaming, heh.

You could play for 80 hours 'casually', it's about how you spend yer time.

Did you spend time quickly repeating the same mission (likely sleeping warriors or a boss mission)? Did you sell found decorations for cash so you could pick up better weapons for leveling? Those are symptoms of powergaming.

Enjoying the hot springs after the Onmagoug? Not powergaming. Heh.

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 04:50 PM
On 2006-10-21 14:47, Flunky wrote:
Playing obsessively isn't powergaming, heh.

You could play for 80 hours 'casually', it's about how you spend yer time.

Did you spend time quickly repeating the same mission (likely sleeping warriors or a boss mission)? Did you sell found decorations for cash so you could pick up better weapons for leveling? Those are symptoms of powergaming.

Enjoying the hot springs after the Onmagoug? Not powergaming. Heh.

This is more like I ment acturally http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I like to be a little lazy during my play and enjoying it more so than racing for the level cap.

Katrina
Oct 21, 2006, 04:51 PM
Did you meet, or play with anyone here from PSOWorld on beta?

(off topic, did you hit the beach today? Yes, I'm jealous. It's like 40 degrees and rainy here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:51 PM
This game is a bit more oriented for casual gamers. Powergamers don't really get anything out of it.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:52 PM
I did not run into any PSOW users. if I did, I didn't know at the time.
yeah, I hit the beach. Was great. =]

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 04:52 PM
Well, when I think about it I guess I spent about 5 hours of my 43 powergaming, and ended at almost level 24, level 4 hunter and level 2 ranger. In my opinion that means the level rate ain't so bad.

NiteOwl
Oct 21, 2006, 04:53 PM
Yeah, you're right. I guess I didn't really powergame. Though I sold some of my decorations and most of my synth materials because I wasn't going to be able to keep my beta characters anyhow, I still dolled up my room a bit. And I hung out at the hot springs. And sat at the field base being goofy.

And got hit on by guys far too often. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It got to the point where, whenever a guy asked if I had a mic, I pretty much screamed "I'm not a real girl!" The last guy I did this to said "That's O.K. I'm not hitting on you." and I was like, "Errr... sorry..."

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 04:54 PM
Ok, new question lol.

How is the sense of community for this game? By that is there a lot of interaction between players in public areas. Also how often does one normally find themselves in public areas?

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:55 PM
LOL, a tip for you gamers, boy or girl. Want attention? Use a female PC.

NiteOwl
Oct 21, 2006, 04:56 PM
I didn't run into any PSOW people, either, unless I just didn't know it was them. Which is entirely possible. I wanted to play with Saner. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:56 PM
There's a fair amount of communication in public areas. I imagine the PC version will have the best public chat since everyone has a USB KB.
In the 360 version, there wasn't much text chat. But, once you got into a party, it got really fun.
If you have the PC/PS2 version you will likely spend more time in the public areas. But, it's still cool.

Numnuttz
Oct 21, 2006, 04:57 PM
sometime to much attention is a bad thing.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 04:57 PM
I sold my decorations on the monday before the beta was supposed to end in order to buy the armor that would fit an SUV (wanted to try it out). When it kept on going, I got ahold of another scroll and put it up. I really like the way that scroll looks. I liked to sit inside the hot springs (with my height sitting in the middle would put me just below head level, was like a robo-wash). Hot springs were a nice little place, the changing room in the bushes was a cute addition too.

I almost bought a redecoration ticket... and I really hope they're working in the full release.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 04:58 PM
I liked the design of the Scroll. it's all 3d. Really cool. I sold my duplicate house items.

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 04:59 PM
More on in game chat: Is there a system like many other games that have /tell, /say, /shout? or is everything just in your local vicinity and /tells to people on your friendlist?

NiteOwl
Oct 21, 2006, 05:00 PM
Hrmm. Well. You're always in a public area between missions. And you have to go to the cities to buy new weapons and clothing and such. So you're in public areas fairly often.

As for sense of community... I think it's hard to tell with the beta. I think there were a lot of people there who were just playing it because it was free, honestly. I heard quite a few people say they weren't going to play the real game when it came out. You had a lot of immature jerks on there, really. People sitting on your head, humping your face, bypassing the swear filter oh-so-cleverly, etc. It got worse on the last day of the beta. So pretty much like WoW. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I even heard a Chuck Norris reference. Lovely.

I think we'll be better able to tell when the retail version comes out. I hope it's better.

FenixStryk
In public, you can only text. In parties, you can text and chat. To chat privately, you can either Private Shat through XBL, or send Simple Mail.

Flunky
How is the sense of community for this game? By that is there a lot of interaction between players in public areas. Also how often does one normally find themselves in public areas?

FenixStryk had it more or less on the button there. I'm going to get my hands on a keyboard shortly after release, as without one it's hard to communicate outside of parties. In a party, though? Very nice, voice chat.

The lil' bird on one of the branches of the scroll was the best part. Before I sold my decorations, I lined one side with linear lines- gave an interesting motif. (lined one side with linear lines? heh.)

Flunky
There's a shout and say, as well as a thought-bubble version of say. There's party chat on keyboard, though I couldn't figure out how to do it on the 360 controller.

Numnuttz
Oct 21, 2006, 05:01 PM
since everyones talking about room decorations. does anyone else wish we can see what they look like before we buy them?

-Break-
Oct 21, 2006, 05:02 PM
On 2006-10-21 15:01, Numnuttz wrote:
since everyones talking about room decorations. does anyone else wish we can see what they look like before we buy them?

That's what sites like PSOW are for. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-21 15:02 ]</font>

FenixStryk
It would be really nice to get a demo of what we bought. =| But, we'll have to settle with online pics.

Flunky
The simple mail works pretty well- and if somebody sends you mail you don't like, you can blacklist the author of a mail.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 05:03 PM
And yeah, seeing what they'd look like beforehand would be great. I remember hearing people pissed about the future toilet (no pun intended). I do like that you can decorate other people's rooms, heh. You can't remove decorations, but you can add them. Somebody putting decorations you don't like in? You can remove and sell them!

NiteOwl
Oct 21, 2006, 05:04 PM
To do party chat on the 360 controller... gah... I can't remember if it was left trigger or right trigger. Either way, you do one of the triggers and it shows you the public chat history. Then you hit it again and it shows the party chat history. And then whatever you type from there will be party chat. I don't know if there was an easier way to do it, though. I guess that's what the manual will be for. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DarkShadowX
Oct 21, 2006, 05:04 PM
I want my TOILET!!!!!!

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 05:05 PM
You can talk to your party no matter where you are, AFAIK. Voice chat is a godsend.

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-10-21 15:05, FenixStryk wrote:
You can talk to your party no matter where you are, AFAIK. Voice chat is a godsend.

What is "AFAIK"

Nani-chan
Oct 21, 2006, 05:06 PM
there were lots of problems with voice chat though. I received static allot, even when I removed the mic from the controller.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 05:07 PM
AFAIK = As far as I know.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 05:07 PM
Heh, that question came up in the last 'ask FenixStryk' thread. As Far As I Know.

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 05:09 PM
On 2006-10-21 15:07, Flunky wrote:
Heh, that question came up in the last 'ask FenixStryk' thread. As Far As I Know.

It took 2 pages on another forum of people saying "I Don't Know" when I asked what IDK ment before I finally noticed it ment "I don't know"

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 05:10 PM
Heh. Who's on first base? Classic.

Yoiyami
Oct 21, 2006, 05:11 PM
On 2006-10-21 15:09, Aaomi wrote:

On 2006-10-21 15:07, Flunky wrote:

It took 2 pages on another forum of people saying "I Don't Know" when I asked what IDK ment before I finally noticed it ment "I don't know"

Lol... I went through the same thing.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 05:12 PM
Aaomi: What's IDK mean?
Bleemo: I don't know.
Fenix: I don't know.
Aaomi: Anyone who actually knows?

I can see it now =p

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 05:15 PM
What is/are your characters names and how did you come up with them?

Kano-Okami
Oct 21, 2006, 05:18 PM
I have a question.
About technics, I know you must purchase them, and use them deligently to level them up but, what about same technics per weapon?
If you have 2 wands, would you need to buy 2 , lets say, bartas and equip one to each respectively? or would you be able to use them from instance, saying you could have it on 2 weapons but only essentially have 1 technic disk?
because if it does require buying/leveling up multiple disc of the same type it sounds to be a bit tedious later on,
(especially with the certain class limits in the expert mode)

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 05:19 PM
My PSU character name was FenixStryk. It will also be FenixStryk in retail. In fact, I'e been using this name for almost a decade. I don't remember how exactly I came across it...
Way back when, i was trying to think of a good name that related to an animal. I tried the common ones, like Cobra, Serpent, etc... then I thought of Phoenix. Then I just added Strike, and spelled it funny, and voila.
That, or i got it from D2:LoD. One of the Assassin's moves is called Phoenix Strike.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 05:19 PM
My primary character, both in beta and in main, is NA-403.

Sounds like gibberish, but it's actually the first letter of my middle name, first letter of my last name, birth month and then day: N.A. 4/03. Of course, it means something different to the character, but I liked the idea (NA-403 style being a robot name, when asking my brother for a good machine name).

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 05:20 PM
You can equip the same spell on multiple wands/rods, just like you can equip the same weapon skill to multiple weapons. This is a good thing.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 05:21 PM
You can use one Technique, such as Barta, on more than one wand/rod, as long as you have one tech. In other words, buy the technique once, and you can ahve it on as many rods/wands as you like. Put barta on all 6 rods if you want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-21 15:23 ]</font>

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 05:23 PM
Do you all plan on being a Single character player or a multi-character player?

Also do you all usually identify with your character and feel wierd playing a differnt one or someone elses?

NiteOwl
Oct 21, 2006, 05:25 PM
My beta names were Ririka, Keesa, and Buubuu.

Let's see... Ririka comes from the anime Nurse Angel Ririka SOS. It's the name I used on PSO also. I tried to make her look as much like Ririka as I could and you can do a much better job of it on PSU than you could on PSO. Keesa was the name I decided to use for my druid on WoW. And Buubuu was the name I used on FFXI. It's also the sound a pig makes in Japanese and I thought it was very fitting for the chubby little tarus on FFXI. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 05:25 PM
I like playing multiple characters, but usually end up becoming so attached to a certain character I will devote much more time to that one in particular. That happened with NA-403 on the beta, and will probably happen on the main release (especially with being able to switch classes on the fly!)

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 05:26 PM
I plan on playing one character, FenixStryk.
I sort of identify with my character. I sometimes shed a tear if I get into an RPG and something major happens.
If I play someone else's character, I feel funny. It's not me, just me playing someone else.

NiteOwl
Oct 21, 2006, 05:28 PM
I plan on being a multi-character player, so I can change things up if I'm in the mood to play something different. Plus then if I find a sniper or a blaster with my Force, I can just hand that off to my ranger instead of having to sell it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Resell values on weapons suck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif A weapon you pay 8600 for only sold for about 1250 or so in the beta if I remember correctly. So I'm much better off keeping found weapons if I need them for other characters.

Xeraphim
Oct 21, 2006, 05:28 PM
Okay, I've read that all Casts start out as Rangers. So, I assume it isn't difficult to change one's character class. How is that done?

NiteOwl
Oct 21, 2006, 05:30 PM
Changing character class is easy! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Just go to the nearest GUARDIANS branch and pay 100 meseta per level to switch. To clarify, this is your character's level, not your class level.

Clyde
This is some nice QA youve got here.Instead of posting a topic for each and every question someone has, maybe there should be a 'Ask FenixStryk' instead =P

on topic: dont know if someones asked but whats your take on people who die in groups
would you be someone who kicks them out right away or more like meh' no problem. or somewhere in between

FenixStryk
All Casts start as Rangers. All Newmans as Forces. All Humans/Beasts as Hunters. All characters start off with 200 meseta. To change your class, go to the 5th floor in Clyez and talk to an NPC. It costs 200 meseta to do so.

With that, I gotta go AFK for about 10 minutes. Flunky, take the lead!

Flunky
Head up to the 4th floor of the station, take the stairs to the fifth floor (no elevator up there for some reason), talk to one of the ladies at the counter (the lady furthest from where you enter, if I recall correctly), shell out some cash based on your level (200 meseta at level 1, methinks). Pretty easy.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 05:31 PM
100 meseta per level? I think I paid 750 meseta when I was 10ish. Maybe I just remember wrong... meh. You can find out the price at your level by asking the NPC, at any rate, and can always back out at the last second.

Aaomi
Oct 21, 2006, 05:32 PM
Another odd question, when you know people's real names that you play with do you use that or thier character names when addressing them?

----

Guess I should alswer some of my own as well, I normally use the name Aaomi which I created long ago when I started play FFXI during its NA release. I will likly many many characters just to play with the character creation but I will most likly only end up playing Aaomi, who I plan to be a Beast Hunter to start.

As for this last question, I always use people's character names when addressing them seeing how I do not use voice chat.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 05:33 PM
I've been in groups with the policy of 'you die, you get boot'. Those were powergaming groups plowing through missions repeatedly, though. In other groups, nobody was angry about dying. Sure you lose some bonus cash and class points, but it's not the end of the world. As dilbert said, shift happens.

Nani-chan
Oct 21, 2006, 05:35 PM
yeah once people get Jlvl10 in their expertjob and their dream gear there won't be much left for the powergamer. (In my opinion)

Diablohead
Have to say this is a realy good thread for information for people like myself, thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If im ever party leader I dont care for deaths, im here for the FUN though I do like to level well, that comes second.

Flunky
I tend to use the character's name, myself... but when playing with my chromehounds buddies I had to ease into it. My chromehounds buddies kept on calling me by my gamertag, too, though probably just because of what it is (gamertag? Golf Course. Never played golf in my life... my brother picked the name, but he hasn't played golf either.)

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 05:44 PM
If someone dies in a group, I'll probably be a bit bitter, but I won't kck him. Besides, I was his teammate. I could've warned him, saved him. We failed together.

I always talk to people through their in-game names. It's easier to remember. In CH, I usually call poeple by their numbers early on. =]

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 05:46 PM
Oh, forgot to say I'm back. Human needs and all prevented me from keeping a constant eye on this thing.
I'll likely turn this into an "Ask the Pros!" thread if it gets popular.

DoubleJG
Oct 21, 2006, 05:49 PM
How many techs are there all together?

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 05:51 PM
This was asked earlier in the thread. Let me copy/paste my old response.
There will be at least 30 spells. IIRC, there are 6 elements. Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Light, and Dark. There is the original version, Ra- versions, Gi- version, and Demi- version... (I think I misspelled one of the prefixes wrong) So, that's about 24 attack spells. Add in heals, stat buffs, and other miscellanous techs, and you'll have over 30.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 05:52 PM
Well, I remember somebody else saying there were a total of 36 known weapon techs. Probably a bunch more spells... of course, not all techs/spells will initially be available in online from the get-go, and the ones present in extra may not be all of them. Lots, though. Maybe 4 or 5 spells per element, 6 elements, not counting buffs and debuffs.

Here's two videos with a good number of the spells, if not all, at skills 1 and 30 (courtesy of LeMan_Bayon):

http://www.vsocial.com/video/?l=48893

http://www.vsocial.com/video/?l=49038

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flunky on 2006-10-21 16:02 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 06:03 PM
Great info, Flunky.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 06:24 PM
Looks like everyone's burnt out on questions! I'll do a quick bump for one last hoorah. If you want to know something, ask me and I'll answer to the best of my ability. Don't be shy!

MXdude
Oct 21, 2006, 06:42 PM
is 72 a square number?

DizzyDi
Oct 21, 2006, 06:43 PM
What is the Ultimate Question to Life, The Universe, and Everything?

MXdude
Oct 21, 2006, 06:45 PM
Why are we here O.o

Pengfishh
Oct 21, 2006, 06:47 PM
How large is the aesthetic difference between C and B (and upwards) class weapons of the same type and manufacturer, eg. Spears by GRM? Is it a mere change in the color of the weapon, disregarding photon, or is there an overall change in appearance?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pengfishh on 2006-10-21 16:47 ]</font>

MXdude
Oct 21, 2006, 06:48 PM
If you had a magic 8 ball and asked it "will the partisan of lightning be in PSU?" what would its answer be?

Quark713
Oct 21, 2006, 06:49 PM
What is that item that makes an aura surround the character, and what does it do?

krika
Oct 21, 2006, 06:50 PM
Are we born evil or good?

No but seriously. How often can you use nano blast or SUV? How does it work?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krika on 2006-10-21 17:00 ]</font>

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 06:52 PM
From the open beta, I can say that C and B weapons had the same look. It looked like different star levels on weapon might change the color scheme of the handles (that is, non-photon sections), but I didn't really research it. The three companies certainly have different looks for their weapons, though.

Auras on characters are from extra slot (so no SUV and angel wings for casts). If I remember right, they affect either HP regen or PP regen (END, right?)... pretty sure PSUpedia or some such site has info for 'em.

Nani-chan
Oct 21, 2006, 06:54 PM
I think I was like one of the only one who could not use Cut-in-chat in Beta. I read several guides too and still couldn't do it.

Quark713
Oct 21, 2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks Flunky!

MXdude
Oct 21, 2006, 07:09 PM
did you do "@1 hey"

Xeraphim
Oct 21, 2006, 07:23 PM
Mmkay, I've got plenty more questions. So the weapon shop and the like are located in the main cities, yet between missions there are little camps or something similar to restock on PA and items?

How in depth are the cities, by the by? I mean, as far as what you can find. Are there unique gathering places?

I've been told a certain weapon has a maximum amount of PA that it can have, and something about a weapon palette. An explaination of the weapon palette and PA pertaining to weapons would be fantastics.

And for my final question/thought that comes to mind...

How are rooms accessed?

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 07:33 PM
When using a 360 controller, you hold down the right trigger while selecting the quickchat/chat command and it'll give you the selection list for cut-in options.

For nanoblasts/SUVs, do and take damage to fill up a bar (like the photon blasts from PSOs previous). Once it fills, up, hit x+y (for an SUV, at least). Don't know about nanoblasts, but in my experience I could charge up an SUV once every 1 or 2 blocks (floors) of a dungeon, so my SUV saw plenty of use.

Though sega has hinted at there perhaps being more than this, in the beta at least the in-between mission areas all had only PP refillers and item salespeople.

The cities are pretty nice... Neudiaz was kinda straightforward though some of the buildings couldn't be entered. Parum and the station had some nice lil' gathering spots, like the club or first floor on the station or the juice shop on Parum. On the whole it's much better than the ship on PSO, in my opinion.

You can have up to 36 PAs- that's the total of weapon skills, bullets and spell techs combined. Trying to learn another will prompt you to remove an existing known one, from what I've read. The weapon palette is a quick-select system, where you can store 6 weapon sets and 6 items to quickly select by holding on the b button (for 360 controllers) and navigating with either the d-pad or the right bumper and trigger. You can't put one weapon on two presets... so if you have one saber and two pistols, you can have a quick select of a saber and pistol and just a pistol (which is kinda annoying).

To access somebody else's room, you use your 'visual phone' in your room. From there you can search for player shops or visit the rooms of people whose partner cards you have. Up to six people can be in a room, and on the 360 at least it'll autolink the people in a room into voice chat.

Kano-Okami
Oct 21, 2006, 07:43 PM
On 2006-10-21 15:21, FenixStryk wrote:
You can use one Technique, such as Barta, on more than one wand/rod, as long as you have one tech. In other words, buy the technique once, and you can ahve it on as many rods/wands as you like. Put barta on all 6 rods if you want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-21 15:23 ]</font>

Alright, that makes sense.
And as for level,
as the technic levels up, the overall level of the technic equipped to the weapon is increased , correct?
Meaning the technic level will be the same for all weapons using the said technic at the moment? (assuming class limits allow it)?

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 07:44 PM
Yep.

Kano-Okami
Oct 21, 2006, 08:43 PM
Sweet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tystys
Oct 21, 2006, 08:54 PM
On 2006-10-21 14:05, FenixStryk wrote:
Rangers aren't as common as Hunters or Forces, but they're in no way frowned on. They are the BEST classes for taking out the little baddies, since they have a LOT of SEs.

Freeze Shot FTW

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 09:01 PM
Wow, flunky saved the topic. I was eating dinner at a restaurant. =]

Tystys
Oct 21, 2006, 09:02 PM
And you didn't bring me any?

You whore.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 09:05 PM
LOL, the restaurant was too fancy to give me styrofoam boxes.
Let me asnwer some of the questions.
72 is not a square number, unless you count decimals.
The ultimate question to LUE is what is the meaning of LUE.
Once you get an SUV/Nanoblast, you use it once the bar charges up.

Tystys
Oct 21, 2006, 09:09 PM
That's why you smuggle some in your purse/pack/hands

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 09:10 PM
Ah-ah-ah you forgot one! Your slipping in your old age aren't you Fenix? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
To the person who asked about human nature, no Every human is born good, until they get on the internet, then they turn BAD http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
Lol! Im back! Wheres my Blen at?

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 09:12 PM
HEY LOOK Im still offline! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 09:12 PM
Blenjar has yet to show up, and this threaad is moving way slower than the old one. I guess it's because people are remaining on-topic.

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 09:14 PM
So is it bad to go off topic again? Or no? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 09:16 PM
I'd like to remain on-topic... because it says to remain on topic in the first post. That being said....
Have Qs? Ask here, and you'll get a response.

Jozon
Oct 21, 2006, 09:18 PM
meaning of the universe is 42

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 21, 2006, 09:24 PM
Hey fenix have you noticed missions ever having mobs stronger in one way or the other, like will one mission have mostly mobs with high mst or one with mostly mobs with high dfp etc

Also do all bosses have extremly adsurd dfp like i saw from that high lvl movie

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-21 19:28 ]</font>

Tystys
Oct 21, 2006, 09:26 PM
DOES GOD EXIST

Jozon
Oct 21, 2006, 09:27 PM
How good are knuckles compared to other weapons

are axes really that powerful considering they hit a single enemy, and what about their PA

which nanoblast is generally the best

Xeraphim
Oct 21, 2006, 09:28 PM
ZOMG I GOTZA QUESTION.

Um, yeah. So, what exactly do you need to do to achieve an expert class? I think I've read it somewhere, I just don't remember where. And yes, I could use PSUpedia, but I'm making you earn your keep around here!

pso123hrf
Oct 21, 2006, 09:34 PM
OMG FINALLY! SOMEONE WILL ANSWER MY P R A Y E R S! Well...In some videos, I see 2 skills on 1 rod, then when you switch for more skills, theres only 1 slot

( if you didn't get that)
/
o---O (thats a rod lets suppose)

Ok, so there are 2 skillz equiped to it...

(Foie and Zonde)
then on second screen, it only showed:
(Resta)

arent there supposed to be 4 skillz on the RoD?

DonRoyale
Oct 21, 2006, 10:07 PM
I know this isn't a question but I still need opinions, im thinking up a name for my Human Male and im choosing between Yaiba, Dansu, or Hiro. Which sounds best to you?

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 10:07 PM
Hey fenix have you noticed missions ever having mobs stronger in one way or the other, like will one mission have mostly mobs with high mst or one with mostly mobs with high dfp etc

While doing sleeping warriors and the first mission in Neudiaz a bunch I noticed that just like the block groupings are varied, the enemies inside each block can vary. So sometimes there'd be a bunch of the hopping nuisances, while another time there'll be plenty of duo groups of the behemoth thingies. Considering that mobs can be buffed too, I'd see lots of potential in finding a mission that featured lots of enemies that all had buffed defense or some such.

How good are knuckles compared to other weapons

I liked knuckles in the open beta- their power and ATA were pretty high, and they have a 4-hit basic combo. The first two hits, while short range, are quite fast. This makes one able to do very effective hit and run tactics on enemies. The basic PA also was pretty good- the first part was broad and sweeping, good for hitting enemies. The second part is a two-hit, but it's got good power and will knock an enemy over then kick them away. Good stuff.

About the rod thing- is this video where someone's using the quick select? If there's no Y-function selected on a weapon, it won't show something. As in, if I only put an x-skill on a wand, the little help bit on the bottom right will only show an x-function... thus, I think that rod-user must have only had 3 techs equipped on that rod (why? got me.)

To get expert classes, level up basic classes by getting good grades on missions (that's the only way to get class points). For more, check out the expert class page on PSUpedia.

Edit: There's an axe PA video in one of the threads around here... it was -really- vicious. Murdering poor defenseless creatures vicious. So for raw power... yeah. Axe, from what I've seen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flunky on 2006-10-21 20:11 ]</font>

Knownoes
Oct 21, 2006, 10:14 PM
How many PMs do you get in online mode? One per character or one shared with all your characters?

Someone answered this a while back but I'd like this confirmed, as the person may have been regarding extra mode when he answered this.

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 10:16 PM
On 2006-10-21 19:12, FenixStryk wrote:
Blenjar has yet to show up, and this threaad is moving way slower than the old one. I guess it's because people are remaining on-topic.

Hey someone mentioned me... :')

-- Blen

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 10:21 PM
From what I've seen on the open beta, one PM per character. When I made a new character, he got a new PM to name. I doubt you will be able to switch PMs amongst characters, though there's an item in the JP current version that will 'reset' your PM (back down to level 1, return it to its first form).

Katachi
Oct 21, 2006, 10:23 PM
Were there player shops available in the demo? I haven't heard much about them yet. I like the idea of having your own shop to sell weapons you don't need for higher than what the stores will give you.

What I'm also wondering is, do your shop items take up space in your inventory, or the "store inventory"? would that just end up being more storage space, or a weapon museum? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MXdude
Oct 21, 2006, 10:26 PM
You never answered my magic 8 ball question http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I really want to know if the POL will be in PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Reoshin
Oct 21, 2006, 10:26 PM
On 2006-10-21 14:07, Sizzors wrote:
Can you beat my Zombie Kill count in Dead Rising?

(87,874)

yes i can i beat it bye 2372

(90,246)

dont think ill ever hit the 100k mark

MXdude
Oct 21, 2006, 10:28 PM
Is dead rising a good game?

TheStoicOne
Oct 21, 2006, 10:40 PM
Blen I mentioned you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_kuddel.gif

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 10:40 PM
There were player shops in the demo, but I didn't open one.

From what I've seen, though, I'm guessing the shop is its own inventory. You can price items as you see fit. Hell, it looks like you can put two groups of the same item up for different prices if you wanted to (I've seen two of the same type of photon in a certain shop at different prices before).

And now I'll let FenixStryk take over, if he's still about... I think I started usurping his thread, sorry.

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 11:04 PM
On 2006-10-21 20:40, TheStoicOne wrote:
Blen I mentioned you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_kuddel.gif

ahah thats kool to hear...well hey like u seen the walmart issue..
I myself called the nearest walmart 24hr service store and I guess I spoke to a manager in the electronic section of the store..asked if they do be getting PSU this Tuesday and what time..

Hey said they will be on sale at 12 am on tuesday..I asked if I can pre-order it and he said no its not needed. So that made my day..
My last class ends around 9 PM..im drive to that store a at 11 and chill there.

-- Blen

Blenjar
Oct 21, 2006, 11:05 PM
The next Splinter Cell double agent is nice.

-- Blen

Nani-chan
Oct 21, 2006, 11:39 PM
RT is right trigger? it was alternating between party and public chat.

Flunky
Oct 22, 2006, 12:31 AM
If you hold on RT not while entering the quickchat/chat interface, but once you're in it and while you're selecting to 'okay' a chatbit, it'll then progress to a next step where you select the cut-in such.

FenixStryk
Oct 22, 2006, 12:37 AM
flunky, if anything, you should keep up the good work. it really helps when I'm gone.

XredX
Oct 22, 2006, 12:45 AM
Does the Furniture give you any extra thing for haveing it or is it just for decoration?
will PSU have any games as like the Soccer game on PSO any thing similler?

Oh on related to PSU question gamestop lets you get your game with out a recite and an ID?
>.> My little one lost my wallet..

Numnuttz
Oct 22, 2006, 12:49 AM
yea they let you. i pick up stuff without either all the time. you just need to tell them your number you used to place your reservation.

FenixStryk
Oct 22, 2006, 12:52 AM
Furniture is just for looks... or meseta.
There are no mini-games as of yet, but there's always the possibility.
GameStop doesn't require ID as long as you say/look over the ESRB age, or order online w/ a CC/DC.

Midicronica
Oct 22, 2006, 12:53 AM
Here's a question...

I played mostly as a force and mostly using my bow the Rikalbari. I found that the delay that happened in before your character actually let off the shot with the bow to be slightly annoying..

I'm just wondering if this bothered anyone else?

I'm probably going to the same route on the official game and work toward being a Fortecher.

XredX
Oct 22, 2006, 12:54 AM
Ah cool was a bit worried there. thanks

FenixStryk
Oct 22, 2006, 12:56 AM
The longbow's firing delay can be bothersome... however, you can learn to cope w/ it or use cards instead.

Nilot
Oct 22, 2006, 01:03 AM
Its ATA gets lowered when you put it together with a bullet too, right, might be a fun challenge though hmm.. I'm gonna have cards too anyway hehe, I wanna see what those blank spots are gonna be too! I hope they make whips =P Now that would be fun~ photon whip yum.
~Anyway on another note, do you have to be in your room for other people to visit your room? and if thats the case how does the shop work? I have a real weak point in -selling- items to my friends, not somethin I like doing =o

Nilot
Its ATA gets lowered when you put it together with a bullet too, right, might be a fun challenge though hmm.. I'm gonna have cards too anyway hehe, I wanna see what those blank spots are gonna be too! I hope they make whips =P Now that would be fun~ photon whip yum.
~Anyway on another note, do you have to be in your room for other people to visit your room? and if thats the case how does the shop work? I have a real weak point in -selling- items to my friends, not somethin I like doing =o

Aaomi
What color will your character's hair be?

Midicronica
That sounds interesting.. I'm guessing the cards use bullets just like the long bow?

Nani-chan
Oct 22, 2006, 01:09 AM
No, If I have access to your room via either shop or partner card you don't have to be there. I sat on a few people's beds while they were out on missions etc.

Clyde
Oct 22, 2006, 01:10 AM
Anyone else little concerned that a group leader who is free to kick other people out, will abuse it (such as before killing a boss) and there isn't really anything you can do other then blacklist and hope you won't have that same person as a leader again; or maybe thats just me.

Im sure there will be MANY things that people will abuse, but a kick-happy leader will be most likely something that can happen just about anytime turning that group you were haveing fun in to a group (or group leader sounds more accurate) that you wish you never played with

Nani-chan
Oct 22, 2006, 01:11 AM
It happens, blacklist that person. If it gets to bad then start your own group.

Nilot
Oct 22, 2006, 01:11 AM
So, say you don't have my partner card, but I have my shop open, is there some sort of extensive list of people with open shops?

Aaomi
Oct 22, 2006, 01:13 AM
Oh! I thought of a real question again!

How is duoing in this game? Many games I have tried like FFXI pretty much require a full party or solo to get anything done.

Nani-chan
Oct 22, 2006, 01:16 AM
You can do a search of items in that shop. If I need a Blaster ( a 2,000 Meseta rifle in Beta) then I can do a search for "Blaster". I saved a decent amount of meseta by buying from players.

Nani-chan
Oct 22, 2006, 01:18 AM
Depends on how high the monsters are compared to you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-10-21 23:21 ]</font>

Nilot
Oct 22, 2006, 01:18 AM
Ugh, I feel ya there Aaomi. My friend playing the Xbox beta (Ryufire) Duoed a lot and he hasent had any problems, hes well past lvl 30 now too that and I saw a movie of 6 level 4-6 character taking on a level 25+ monster mission and there were only two deaths, and no one had to beg for raise lol, so its possible no problem

Nilot
Oct 22, 2006, 01:20 AM
Thanks, Nani, that shop thing was really bugging me =x

Aaomi
Oct 22, 2006, 01:21 AM
To expand on my last question, how well would a Hunter and a Ranger be able to duo?

Nani-chan
Oct 22, 2006, 01:22 AM
you can carry 20 monomates, dimates etc. Just be sure to buy some or farm for them in free time.

Nilot
Oct 22, 2006, 01:24 AM
depends on the situation =x Ranger's bullets can put a lot of status effects on the monster, which makes it easier for the hunter to mow them down, with the additional damage of the rangers stream of bullets, ah, depending on the weapon. Hunter would probably take a beating but you two should be fine if you brought plenty of healing items =x

Aaomi
Oct 22, 2006, 01:25 AM
On 2006-10-21 23:22, Nani-chan wrote:
you can carry 20 monomates, dimates etc. Just be sure to buy some or farm for them in free time.

Sorry for my newbness (is that even a word!?) but what are those? Are they like health potions?

Nilot
Oct 22, 2006, 01:26 AM
yeah, consumable items mmmm

Nani-chan
Oct 22, 2006, 01:27 AM
yeah they are items that recover hp

NiteOwl
Oct 22, 2006, 01:28 AM
A hunter and ranger can duo just fine. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif The ranger may just have to run a bit if all the monsters suddenly decide that they don't like being shot at. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nani-chan
Oct 22, 2006, 01:29 AM
The other reason they can duo is the only negative to dying is a lesser reward upon mission completion. Thank goodness for no exp loss.

Twin claws, grenade lauchers, and a few other items weren't in beta. I'm not sure.
http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Twin_Claws

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-10-21 23:34 ]</font>

Nilot
Oct 22, 2006, 01:29 AM
'kay I got anutter question now.... Where can I find a pair of dual claws? And am I gonna be able to afford them relatively early on so I can master my photon arts =x

Clyde
Oct 22, 2006, 01:43 AM
On 2006-10-21 23:11, Nani-chan wrote:
It happens, blacklist that person. If it gets to bad then start your own group.

I guess your right, it will happen, and being leader will help against those wrongful kicks, Im going to miss joining random games and having very little go wrong though its a fair trade-off. A few "innocent kicks" will be well worth in also being able to kick those from your group causing trouble

As for the blacklist, hope it has ALOT of room because ill need it.

thanks Nani-chan

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 22, 2006, 03:46 PM
Question: Whats more expensive to solo with hunter or ranger

And do claws and dual claws stack up to the other weps

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-22 13:48 ]</font>

Xtian913
Nov 10, 2006, 10:03 AM
I wonder if perhaps there is any way to change the color of the underwear on your character after its been created. I would like to change his undershirt to white.