PDA

View Full Version : How do the loot distribution rules work?

unitx
Oct 21, 2006, 05:12 PM
Not sure if they were just broken in the 360 beta but they didnt seem to do anything.

Does it only let a certain player pick up the item or can anyone pick it up but the item is placed in the correct players inventory?

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 05:13 PM
Anybody can pick up the item, but it gets automatically distributed amongst players according to the settings.

unitx
Oct 21, 2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks, it probably was working then. I just wasnt keeping track of where the items went.

FenixStryk
Oct 21, 2006, 05:59 PM
There's 3 versions:
Give to finder (self explanatory),
Random order (Items are randomly given to people)
Set in order (The game goes down a list and gives the item to the next person on the list)

Lnin0
Oct 21, 2006, 07:26 PM
They had a setting for standard and rare items but did either one of those include Mes? Or is the gold always going to be a free for all?

Money is the biggest thing I would like to see set to split distribution. Money and rares.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lnin0 on 2006-10-21 17:27 ]</font>

Gavin_King
Oct 22, 2006, 01:40 AM
I believe gold is counted as a "standard item"

Mikaga
Oct 22, 2006, 03:25 AM
Kinda silly there's no way to split meseta picked up evenly, e.g. if someone picks up 300 meseta in a 6 person party, everyone gets 60.

BrandonBa2
Oct 22, 2006, 03:26 AM
So people who can't use an s-rank weapon that I can use can just take it and sell it?

DoubleJG
Oct 22, 2006, 03:29 AM
Yes. I also agree with meseta distribution, I believe that it should be divided evenly, or atleast an option to do so (not the list method, but literally splitting it evenly).

Spellbinder
Oct 22, 2006, 04:29 AM
The meseta isnt split evenly down the middle, but the game still does a fairly good job of splitting it up, or at least I think so.

Mallaury
Oct 22, 2006, 04:35 AM
On the japanese version the players usually use : Random Order for Rare and set in order for normal item (include mesetas)

voxie
Oct 22, 2006, 04:39 AM
I believe one party I joined had the random distribution setting for rares and standard items, and meseta split evenly. I got a Kubara Wood while standing in the corner checking my mail, lol.

I think this setting is best suited to the higher levels though, when you're spoilt for choice and enemies drop like 1000+ meseta each.

I'd like to try it again with a party of six who all have their luck levels on orange star-ness http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif