PDA

View Full Version : Now that the demo is over.. Can we still play with our demo

Ryno
Oct 21, 2006, 06:10 PM
Now that the demo is over.. Can we still play with our demo characters on the original game when it comes out? ... because.. what if you want to keep leveling the character you started with... right now?

so that means when the real game comes out do we have to start all over again back to level 1? ....
i hope not....

Scrub
Oct 21, 2006, 06:11 PM
You restart, yes.

Nani-chan
Oct 21, 2006, 06:12 PM
You start over again. Beta was not the actual game, it was a proto-type.

Typhoeus
Oct 21, 2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah bud, no roll over.

That's why some of us didn't play 150 hours during Beta.

Ryno
Oct 21, 2006, 06:13 PM
nooo... that means i wasted all the time playing the demo... at least i wont be a noob when i play on the original game...

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 06:13 PM
This is true. Not just because sega 'wants an even playing field' on release, but also because the data for beta characters is supposedly different from that of release characters, making a deletion necessary. That's what I read, at least.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 06:15 PM
Not a waste of time. As you said, you learned a lot that'll help in the full version. Also, hopefully you were having fun playing, eh? To quote some fellow, 'any time wasted having fun was not wasted at all'.

Ryno
Oct 21, 2006, 06:18 PM
yeah i did have fun playing it... but i just wish you can keep the character...LOL ... oh wellz...

Genobee
Oct 21, 2006, 06:38 PM
wow whats this the 9th topic of some oen asking this? would it kill people to click next and look at other pages? or I dunno search the forum

Pengfishh
Oct 21, 2006, 06:42 PM
I had my fill of the four hours I played of the beta. It was enough to quell my raging anticipation, but not to kill it as some did. Even forty hours of limited content seems like a wasted effort, despite how much fun the game is. It was a week ago that I played the beta, and four days until release, so that week and a half wait is nothing, in the broader sense, compared to the three years I've been waiting for this silly game.

I expect to derive much satisfaction from PSU, but not to lose myself in it.

_Tek_
Oct 21, 2006, 07:15 PM
yeah but sometimes when you start a new rpg from scratch, you jsut play and level whatever, but then when yous tart over you can have focus on what you want to do with yoru character, and refine the next time.

TwilightSea
Oct 21, 2006, 07:32 PM
You didn't waste time playing it. Sure you gotta start from scratch but with the experience you learned from beta, leveling back to those levels will be faster than usual. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Xeraphim
Oct 21, 2006, 09:33 PM
Playing any game is never a waste of time, even if you do lose everything you've worked for in the split second that the power goes off in your house because of road work being done right down your street... because you still gain valuable experience.

PSO Corruption FOR THE LOSE.