PDA

View Full Version : Whats the max level?

googles
Oct 21, 2006, 06:18 PM
I am guessing 100, is this correct?

BioWarrior
Oct 21, 2006, 06:19 PM
At launch 50, the second patch ups it to 60.

krika
Oct 21, 2006, 06:20 PM
On 2006-10-21 16:18, googles wrote:
I am guessing 100, is this correct?

Offline 100 is max, Online 60 is max. Ofc Sega will increase this number later on.

Flunky
Oct 21, 2006, 06:20 PM
100 for offline modes.

If the updates are staggered for 360/US as I've heard, online it starts at 50 and on JP servers is up to 60. The expansion in the works, from what I've read, will increase further to 70? Will it stop at 100? Who knows?

Wallin
Oct 21, 2006, 06:33 PM
Is online mode like... really short?

To clarify, apparently there were already a lot of level 30s in the 360 Beta, which was only open for a week, and from what I saw expert class was also fairly quick to get.

Whereas PSO took forever to reach 200 because you needed millions of exp, it seems to me like PSU is going to be a very fast trip to 50, and then, what's left to do besides starting over with a new character?

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Genobee
Oct 21, 2006, 06:36 PM
On 2006-10-21 16:33, Wallin wrote:
Is online mode like... really short?

To clarify, apparently there were already a lot of level 30s in the 360 Beta, which was only open for a week, and from what I saw expert class was also fairly quick to get.

Whereas PSO took forever to reach 200 because you needed millions of exp, it seems to me like PSU is going to be a very fast trip to 50, and then, what's left to do besides starting over with a new character?

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

dude it's probly gonna be a compeletely diffrent scale compared to PSO. It an't gonna be like PSO where getting to lvl 50 took you like week. Probly gonna be like WoW where egtting to 60 took forever if you diddn't know what you where doing.

Hajile
Oct 21, 2006, 07:07 PM
Just think of your genral lvl as your MAG in PSO. your genral lvl boost your stats , to help your job.

so like your general lvl is not the whole package like it was in PSO.

(maybe someone will come by and explain better. lolz)

EnixBelmont
Oct 21, 2006, 07:11 PM
Mag system is pretty much gone now. Job system is the closest, though, I suppose.

ANyway, expect it to stop at 100, then an expansion will up the level to probably 200.

DonRoyale
Oct 21, 2006, 07:14 PM
as everyone else said, offline 100, online (current time) 60. will increase.

Phalynx
Oct 21, 2006, 07:14 PM
On 2006-10-21 17:11, EnixBelmont wrote:
ANyway, expect it to stop at 100, then an expansion will up the level to probably 200.

Those are my thoughts as well, would make the most sense at least.

Lnin0
Oct 21, 2006, 07:15 PM
True. You characters level is only part of the picture since PSU has classes now that level up independently. In the beta I had a couple characters that were level 10 - but still level 1 in their respective classes.

Now on top of the classes leveling up slower you also have the option to switch class licenses. So you might work up to a level 30 Human and a level 10 Hunter only to decide you want to be a Ranger. Switch class licenses and your back to squre one - at least as far as your class is concerned.

I don't know how the expert classes work but if you have to level up two seperate class licenses before you can combine them into an expert class license - well, that seems like it would take a good long while.

My concern isn't so much the leveling as it is the content. The levels in the demo were already getting exhausted leveling up. I do hope there is a lot more to the world in the real game and Sega is more active in producing good solid content and not just some holiday lights every now and then. The massive world in WoW was one reason that game keeps so many people interested for so long - you can literally go for months and not see the entire place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lnin0 on 2006-10-21 17:17 ]</font>