PDA

View Full Version : Can we play PSU on PS3?

Drithe
Oct 21, 2006, 08:19 PM
I mean since we can play all other ps2 games on the ps3 I know we can play the SINGLE mode game of PSU on the PS3. BUT can we play the ONLINE part of PSU on the PS3?

I didnt see any posts on this so if there is please excuse me.

End of Line.

SpishackCola
Oct 21, 2006, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't see why not from a general standpoint. From a business standpoint though I wouldn't be surprised it the game somehow knows you are on a PS3 and says no. Then within a week of the PS3 coming out PSU is announced as being ported over and available within the next week or two...

The technological standpoint I have no idea about as I know nothing about the insides/differences inside the PS2/PS3.

Genobee
Oct 21, 2006, 08:25 PM
It's probly best to worrie abotut hat when ever we found out when PS3 is going to come out.

McLaughlin
Oct 21, 2006, 08:28 PM
On 2006-10-21 18:25, Genobee wrote:
It's probly best to worrie abotut hat when ever we found out when PS3 is going to come out.

November 17th. Two days before the Wii launches.

Tystys
Oct 21, 2006, 08:32 PM
It sounds like a possibility, but I still highly doubt it...I don't know why XD

McLaughlin
Oct 21, 2006, 08:34 PM
What, the launch date or PSU being BC?

Frankly, I'm skeptical of both >_>

Tystys
Oct 21, 2006, 08:36 PM
Meh, in terms of the release date, I'm going to trust them this time.

PSU being BC was what I was talking about. I'm more skeptical about that than the PS3 release date

McLaughlin
Oct 21, 2006, 08:41 PM
Well, cutting the number of units on launch from 2 million to 400 thousand tends to make people doubt release dates. One could also call it an ominous sign...Either way I want a Wii (but not until I can get the Green one!!)

I doubt the console will allow you online though.

Tystys
Oct 21, 2006, 08:42 PM
yeah, the online service is completely differnet from the PS2's, so just be safe and get the PC or PS2 version.

Lnin0
Oct 21, 2006, 09:39 PM
It all depends on how the PS3 handles backwards compatibility.

Alexandrious1
Oct 21, 2006, 09:52 PM
PS3 launch, man most stores will only get 4-8 units of that, as for the wii nintendo decided to make a bold move and reduce the number they ship out, the store I preordered from was gonna get 30 wiis, now they get only 6.

I gotta be at the front door on a sunday probably at 7am to make sure I get mines lol. Thankfully ill have FF3DS to play with during the wait x_x.

Im pretty sure though that PSU will be compatabile with PS3, it be illogical for it not to specially with its release being so close to PS3 release.

Just have to wait for the list of PS2 games that would be compatabile I suppose.

phunk
Oct 21, 2006, 09:55 PM
I don't see a problem with BC on PSU, after hearing about PS3's online service I don't even see a problem with it being able to go online. From what I understand, this whole Playstation Network Platform won't be anything other than PS2's online service with a marketplace in which you can download/buy movies, demos, music and pictures.

McLaughlin
Oct 21, 2006, 10:09 PM
On 2006-10-21 19:52, Alexandrious1 wrote:
Just have to wait for the list of PS2 games that would be compatabile I suppose.

Sony hasn't taken the approach Microsoft has to Backwards Compatibility. They've stuck the PS2 hardware in the PS3 (as theyt did with PS1 hardware for the PS2), so every game will work.

The qeustion here is whether PSU will allow you to go Online, seeing as the service is radically different on the 2 platforms.