PDA

View Full Version : quick PM question

Katrina
Oct 22, 2006, 08:52 AM
Other then the added time / cost it would take to raise a PM with balanced stats in all 4 categories (POW, MIND, DEX, DEF) are there any notable advantages or disadvantages to going this route?

I was planning on raising a separate PM focusing on each specialty across all 4 account characters for crafting purposes, but was also interested in the benefits (if any) taking the time to raise a purely balanced PM would give.

Rizen
Oct 22, 2006, 08:54 AM
Only disadvantage I can see is that you wont excel in any specific stat. On the other hand, you will have a moderate chance of synthing anything without having to switch characters constantly.

rena-ko
Oct 22, 2006, 08:55 AM
well, you can only have one PM per char - and they're not tradeable, so...

Katrina
Oct 22, 2006, 09:10 AM
Ty for the response Rizen.

(rena-ko: I know the PM's themselves are not tradeable, but the items they create are. [4 characters per account = 4 PM's possible to build / trade items with between chars] I was planning on building a 'force', 'ranger', and 'hunter' PM solely for crafting, but was interested in building the 4th PM balanced. Ty again for the responses).

Ceresa
Oct 22, 2006, 09:14 AM
It's a very bad thing that gets worse the more you play.

5 points in a stat = 1% success rate, -75 points = -15%. Additionally, the crafting stats don't affect the PM performance in battle at all.

With the current 8star(A rank) equipment available, you have a 54% chance or so of succeeding with a weapon with a 100stat PM, and you're eating a 110k loss if you fail. With the balanced 25/25/25/25 PM you lose 15% chance...down to 39..

Armor is much worse, 41% at elemental armor with 100 DEF PM, 420k per attempt.

As star quality goes up, expect to lose about 6-8% chance of success each time you go up one star.

Crafting C/B quality stuff on any PM(even one with 0/0/0/0) doesn't really matter, the cost is low and success is adequate, and that's what you'll mainly be using until you can afford and finish raising 4 max stat PMs. Failures on A rank and higher gear sucks hard though.

As an aside, 450 PM are not only the most expensive to raise, they're borderline worthless for crafting. Why yes they have the best chance at making wands/rods...you really only need 4-5 rods per tier and you're done. Whereas hunter weapons you'll want to synth and synth and synth until you make some with high elemental %. And then synth some more of a different weapon type...

With shared bank, it's a trivial matter to swap materials between the 4 chars/PMs.

Arcanum
Oct 22, 2006, 09:21 AM
can you have 2 stats 100?

Wheatpenny
Oct 22, 2006, 10:01 AM
Why do I get the distinct feeling I am gona feed my partner machine some synth items and its gona make some noise and smoke then just drop a silver loaf on the floor immediatly followed by the phrase."What?I've been sick lateley!"

voxie
Oct 22, 2006, 10:04 AM
You know, I thought the 'Sweet Smell' item would make my PM sick because of its description (somehing like "Warning to whoever eats this" or what not), but it put my PM Striking up by 14!