PDA

View Full Version : Thread To End PSU availability Threads.

anmato145
Oct 22, 2006, 03:55 PM
I've been seeing people complain and argue over who said what and when this game is coming out. The official ship date is the 24th. The game will be over nighted, not express shipped which means it WONT be in any stores on the 24th. The day that all stores are able to sell the game officially is the 25th of october. Selling the game before then will force Sony / Square / other game companies to break they're contracts with the store i;e walmart and target not selling specific video games anymore after 2006 early 2007.

-Break-
Oct 22, 2006, 03:56 PM
On 2006-10-22 13:55, anmato145 wrote:
The day that all stores are able to sell the game officially is the 25th of october.

Do you have proof of this?

Candor
Oct 22, 2006, 03:56 PM
you just started another one -.-

Sizzors
Oct 22, 2006, 03:57 PM
Correction: I worked a game store once, we sometimes got shipments as early as two weeks before release date. We weren't allowed to release it until after the release date, at anytime though. So they may ship on the 24, or they may be on the shelves at the 24.

anmato145
Oct 22, 2006, 03:58 PM
Yeah, ask someone at gamestop or EB games. My best friend works there and they get forms informing them when they're allowed to sell specific games. Ask someone who works there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Zelendria_Ru
Oct 22, 2006, 04:01 PM
It is rare that games have street dates. Most games are sold as soon as they are received....however, games with online content are very frequently "street dated" because the online service is timed to correspond with the release of the title. If your city/game store happens to be near the distribution center it is possible to get the game into stores on the "shipping" date.

-Break-
Oct 22, 2006, 04:01 PM
I work at Gamestop....I'll check it out next time I'm in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-22 14:02 ]</font>

Sizzors
Oct 22, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-10-22 13:58, anmato145 wrote:
Yeah, ask someone at gamestop or EB games. My best friend works there and they get forms informing them when they're allowed to sell specific games. Ask someone who works there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Which reminds me of an weird story on Oblivion where my Boss was on one of my co-workers friends list, and saw him playing oblivion 3 dys before its release...that was so funny.

February
Oct 22, 2006, 04:03 PM
On 2006-10-22 14:01, Zelendria_Ru wrote:
It is rare that games have street dates. Most games are sold as soon as they are received....however, games with online content are very frequently "street dated" because the online service is timed to correspond with the release of the title. If your city/game store happens to be near the distribution center it is possible to get the game into stores on the "shipping" date.

Interesting. I live an hour away from Sega...

Sizzors
Oct 22, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-10-22 14:03, heavenly6 wrote:

SEGA HQ or SEGA distribution center?

-Break-
Oct 22, 2006, 04:05 PM

The one in San Francisco? I live an hour from there as well.

Zelendria_Ru
Oct 22, 2006, 04:12 PM
All it takes to get the game early is for the Regional or District Manager to request direct distribution...basically they send someone to

A) Pick it up from the Airport
B) Get it directly from the DC before they give it to FedEx or UPS etc.

Unfortunately this usually only happens on very large and high profile titles which have a large historical user base or general mass-market appeal. (RPGs don't usually fit this description)

Wheatpenny
Oct 22, 2006, 04:17 PM
I used to work at Wal-Mart for their reciving dept.And we would get games all the time before or on the release date.And I would take them out to be stocked that day as well.So the "We can't sell it untill the 25th" thing doesen't fly with me.

February
Oct 22, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-10-22 14:05, -Break- wrote:

The one in San Francisco? I live an hour from there as well.

Yeah, actually that is the one

Zelendria_Ru
Oct 22, 2006, 04:20 PM
I live in Washinton State and we'd always get Nintendo 1st party titles same day because there's a Regional DC in North Bend.

Iano
Oct 22, 2006, 04:24 PM
I can't count the number of times I've walked into a Wal-Mart and saw an early release sitting on the shelves. One time (this one was really bad...) I went to a Wal-Mart and they were stocking the DVD section out of a box that was clearly labeled for street date almost a full week in the future. Out of the thousands of retail stores across the country I can almost guarantee you a handfull will have PSU on or before the 24th.

AkiraXxx
Oct 22, 2006, 04:26 PM
If you order it online and have it shipped special shipped, cost probably 10$ more, youll get it on the 24th when it ships out because it will go straight to you from w.e company you order it from. The one I bought, tracking number says it will arrive 24th around 3pm. I paid the extra 10$ cause I dont feel like driving around town looking for a gamestore that has it.

February
Oct 22, 2006, 04:34 PM
On 2006-10-22 14:24, Iano wrote:
I can't count the number of times I've walked into a Wal-Mart and saw an early release sitting on the shelves. One time (this one was really bad...) I went to a Wal-Mart and they were stocking the DVD section out of a box that was clearly labeled for street date almost a full week in the future. Out of the thousands of retail stores across the country I can almost guarantee you a handfull will have PSU on or before the 24th.

I've bought alot mof DVDs from Wal-Mart up to 2 weeks in advance.

ethanhawkeye
Oct 22, 2006, 04:52 PM
bump

Drown
Oct 22, 2006, 05:15 PM
Ah, the irony of trying to end these threads, but instead creating a new one...

These things are so hard to call, nothing is really ever black-and-white. Just have to be patient, do some homework or something until it comes out. I know I'm not going to have time to count the hours because I'll be at the University constantly.

xzeekzx
Oct 22, 2006, 06:03 PM
to me its sort of just, you get it when you get it.. lol

Yoruichi
Oct 22, 2006, 06:14 PM
Well what the other poster is true, we don't know about other games, but my bf was a big halo fan and friend with a employee at EB games/babbages/software etc. Basicly people who work there can play the games as early as they get it and as for selling it, it can be done but when he got halo 2 it had a big sticker on it saying "do not sell before (date)"

Not saying its legal, but places do get the games early they just aren't supposed to sell them.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 22, 2006, 06:33 PM
I pre ordered and i picked overnight, i should get it on the 25th right

Garnet_Moon
Oct 22, 2006, 06:36 PM
On 2006-10-22 16:33, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
I pre ordered and i picked overnight, i should get it on the 25th right

You better be up at 6am wednesday if you expect to get it if it's shipped by UPS. I didn't know they delivered that early so it took them a week to finally deliver my ps2 gundam imports. :

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 22, 2006, 06:37 PM
I mean the fed ex guy delivers it to my house whill im at work lol

LordHakutsuru
Oct 22, 2006, 06:43 PM
My friend called at Game Zone (http://www.gamezonedvd.com/) and they told him they would have it for sale Tuesday morning~

I'm a bit surprised. o_o;
I was expecting it around the 26th from EBGames...

-BK-
Oct 22, 2006, 06:46 PM
On 2006-10-22 13:55, anmato145 wrote:
I've been seeing people complain and argue over who said what and when this game is coming out. The official ship date is the 24th. The game will be over nighted, not express shipped which means it WONT be in any stores on the 24th. The day that all stores are able to sell the game officially is the 25th of october. Selling the game before then will force Sony / Square / other game companies to break they're contracts with the store i;e walmart and target not selling specific video games anymore after 2006 early 2007.

Actually, the official release date is the 24th, which means IF anyone by chance does have it that day they can go ahead and sell it with no fear of punishment.

SethWhiteFox
Oct 22, 2006, 06:48 PM
I asked a guy at Game Stop and they said they'll have it on the 24th so.....
C ya tuesday at 3 o'clock ^.^.

DraginHikari
Oct 22, 2006, 06:56 PM
It's not always black and white... places that don't recieve by shipping date may recieve based on their location or other factors.

Ecstasy
Oct 22, 2006, 06:56 PM
If you look hard enough you can find the game the 24th. i don't pre-order for this reason alone, as pre-oreders tend to not show up until after the ship date. Seems to me we just have people wh pre-ordered, and know they won't recieve there game until the 25th. So they don't want us to have the game the 24th:P

SethWhiteFox
Oct 22, 2006, 07:01 PM
Ture, but I'm mostly trying to give hope to other pre-orderers. XD

Katachi
Oct 22, 2006, 07:14 PM
Why would someone make claims like this without even knowing about street dates or drop shipments?

Best Buy's new release day is TUESDAY. The official Sega PSU website doesn't say "We're getting them out of the warehouse the 24th."

Best Buy gets in Fed Ex and UPS drop shipments of media (games/cds/dvds) DAILY. I can almost guarantee that the copies for Best Buy are coming UPS/FED EX Monday afternoon, to be put out the next day, otherwise, they'll come on the brown goods truck Monday night.

Now, I've had problems myself with places like EB and Babbages and Software Etc, where on release day they tell you "oh no, that's just the GAME'S release date not OUR release date. Our central warehouse gets them all that day and ships them out to our stores that day or whenever they feel like it afterwards. You'll get it when we get it". However, I work at Best Buy so I'm getting a copy Monday night and buying it Tuesday morning. Hell, if there's no street date, I might even snag it monday night http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Incedently, the Best Buy stores in our district are only getitng 6 copies per store. They're not planning on this being a huge release event...

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 22, 2006, 07:24 PM
Your kidding me. . . I live in Waukesha county so does that mean all nearby BestBuys will only carry 6 copies O.o

Emgro
Oct 22, 2006, 07:24 PM
I have the Definative Final Answer for this issue.

Some store, somewhere, will probably have it sitting on the shelf Monday. Even if they don't ship it until Wednesday, it'll be there. Futhermore, some store, somewhere, won't have it on the shelf until Friday. Even if they shipped it in June.

I've worked in little retail stores. The stockroom is a strange Acheron, a Limbo, a Sheol where things desired by men take on an unreal existance and appear and disappear like ghosts.

Ecstasy
Oct 22, 2006, 07:27 PM
On 2006-10-22 17:24, Emgro wrote:
I have the Definative Final Answer for this issue.

Some store, somewhere, will probably have it sitting on the shelf Monday. Even if they don't ship it until Wednesday, it'll be there. Futhermore, some store, somewhere, won't have it on the shelf until Friday. Even if they shipped it in June.

I've worked in little retail stores. The stockroom is a strange Acheron, a Limbo, a Sheol where things desired by men take on an unreal existance and appear and disappear like ghosts.

I going to be calling all 5 Ebgames, 1 gamestop, 1 game crazy, 2 wal-marts, 2 Best Buy's, and 1 target all within 30min of me on monday to see if anyone has them out:)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ecstasy on 2006-10-22 17:28 ]</font>

Katachi
Oct 22, 2006, 07:33 PM
On 2006-10-22 17:24, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
Your kidding me. . . I live in Waukesha county so does that mean all nearby BestBuys will only carry 6 copies O.o

Madison East and West are only getting 6 copies each, which is one little brown box of Aramay shell dvds or video games.

Ecstasy
Oct 22, 2006, 07:35 PM
On 2006-10-22 17:14, Katachi wrote:
Why would someone make claims like this without even knowing about street dates or drop shipments?

Best Buy's new release day is TUESDAY. The official Sega PSU website doesn't say "We're getting them out of the warehouse the 24th."

Best Buy gets in Fed Ex and UPS drop shipments of media (games/cds/dvds) DAILY. I can almost guarantee that the copies for Best Buy are coming UPS/FED EX Monday afternoon, to be put out the next day, otherwise, they'll come on the brown goods truck Monday night.

Now, I've had problems myself with places like EB and Babbages and Software Etc, where on release day they tell you "oh no, that's just the GAME'S release date not OUR release date. Our central warehouse gets them all that day and ships them out to our stores that day or whenever they feel like it afterwards. You'll get it when we get it". However, I work at Best Buy so I'm getting a copy Monday night and buying it Tuesday morning. Hell, if there's no street date, I might even snag it monday night http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Incedently, the Best Buy stores in our district are only getitng 6 copies per store. They're not planning on this being a huge release event...

i've checked Bestbuy.com, and they dont even seem to have PC game release dates on there site. Do you know if best buy is going to have the PC version the 24th aswell?

Emgro
Oct 22, 2006, 07:39 PM
I going to be calling all 5 Ebgames, 1 gamestop, 1 game crazy, 2 wal-marts, 2 Best Buy's, and 1 target all within 30min of me on monday to see if anyone has them out:)

It won't be one of those, obviously. The store that has in on Monday will be the gift shop of a rest home in Moose Jaw, Alberta.

Unless you live in Alberta. Then it's the 7-11 in Sioux City South Dakota.

Ecstasy
Oct 22, 2006, 07:42 PM
On 2006-10-22 17:39, Emgro wrote:

It won't be one of those, obviously. The store that has in on Monday will be the gift shop of a rest home in Moose Jaw, Alberta.

Unless you live in Alberta. Then it's the 7-11 in Sioux City South Dakota.

LOL thanks:) looks like i will be planning a trip come moday morning:P

Katachi
Oct 22, 2006, 07:43 PM
On 2006-10-22 17:35, Ecstasy wrote:
[quote]
[b]

i've checked Bestbuy.com, and they dont even seem to have PC game release dates on there site. Do you know if best buy is going to have the PC version the 24th aswell?

It's possible but I don't know for sure, I checked inbound status for the PS2 and it said qty 6, but I would assume if a title is cross platform they'd ship all platforms.

My brother just came home from BB East (I work @ west), and he says the Sunday circular says "Available WEDNESDAY" which means they won't put em out till then. O.o

Here's a couple tricks for you to get it early:

1: Wal-Mart still has it scheduled for the 24th. We found a 24 hour Wal-Mart that will give us a copy Monday night at MIDNIGHT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif if they get it in that early.

2: The other option is to find out from Best Buy if PSU has a hard street date or soft street date. Hard Street Date means they get fined if it's sold before the street date, and Soft Street Date means it's the date Best Buy puts out the product, but it's not the media company's date. We're going to find out tomorrow and snag one early if it's okay.

Ecstasy
Oct 22, 2006, 07:48 PM
On 2006-10-22 17:43, Katachi wrote:

On 2006-10-22 17:35, Ecstasy wrote:
[quote]
[b]

It's possible but I don't know for sure, I checked inbound status for the PS2 and it said qty 6, but I would assume if a title is cross platform they'd ship all platforms.

My brother just came home from BB East (I work @ west), and he says the Sunday circular says "Available WEDNESDAY" which means they won't put em out till then. O.o

Here's a couple tricks for you to get it early:

1: Wal-Mart still has it scheduled for the 24th. We found a 24 hour Wal-Mart that will give us a copy Monday night at MIDNIGHT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif if they get it in that early.

2: The other option is to find out from Best Buy if PSU has a hard street date or soft street date. Hard Street Date means they get fined if it's sold before the street date, and Soft Street Date means it's the date Best Buy puts out the product, but it's not the media company's date. We're going to find out tomorrow and snag one early if it's okay.

Ok thanks:) I have a 24/7 Wal-mart really close to me so i'll give them a call tomorrow.

SpishackCola
Oct 22, 2006, 07:53 PM
Ugh, left my browser open too long and it ate my post. Was going to use my experience working retail to give a deeper more detailed explanation and examples of what Katachi has been saying (something I did about a week ago but that post is beyond buried by now) about release dates and street dates.

If anyone still wants to know speak up and I'll try it again later tonight http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saigan
Oct 22, 2006, 08:11 PM
Bah; it all depends on a number of factors for each store; their locations; their distributors, the guys who drive the trucks, etc................

The 24th is both the launch date AND ship date of the game. Some people will get it then, some will get it the day after. And going off of Best Buy's date is silly, they were about a month off on FFVIIAC and several anime.

When you get it you get it.

Kayai
Oct 22, 2006, 08:16 PM
Im just gonna check tuesday...if they have it....great! If they dont...theres always tommmorow!

Croix
Oct 23, 2006, 01:00 AM
If the game suppliers around my location don't have it, there will be bloodshed. Come hell or high water, I will have this e-needle in my vein come Tuesday. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ProfessorZ
Oct 23, 2006, 01:01 AM
STFU BITCH! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Wal-Mart has it already

Bleemo
Oct 23, 2006, 01:11 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the listed "shipping date" does not mean that the retail stores cannot receive the game before that date from the company themselves. "Shipping date," or "street date" means that the retailers are only allowed to ship or sell to consumers on that specific date, not when the company ships their games to the retailers.

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 23, 2006, 01:13 AM
i work at an eb games on the east coast and yes we knwo it ships on 24th the computer here says do not sell untill 10/25/06 my boss also says the central part of the us will be sketchy some places in central will get it late night 24th early morning 25th

ProfessorZ
Oct 23, 2006, 01:14 AM
EB/GS can suck a fat one

BrandonBa2
Oct 23, 2006, 01:15 AM
It MIGHT be in some stores at the end of the night aka right before closing. Those would be on the west coast because they have more time for it to be shipped to them then it does on east coast.