PDA

View Full Version : Well great...looks like hackers and cheaters are running ram

MrConstipated
Oct 22, 2006, 06:06 PM
according to some people over at gamefaqs who keep up or play the JP version say theres already people with infinite money hp/pp online and they were doing this the first week the game came out.

according to them sega so far has done nothing except take down the servers for a meseta dupe bug.

10 bucks a month for sega to let these clowns run rampant ONLINE...

lets hope sega gets their act together for the NA version

Miyoko
Oct 22, 2006, 06:07 PM
You listen to people on gamefaqs?

DarkShadowX
Oct 22, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-10-22 16:07, Miyoko wrote:

How true.

Elleranda
Oct 22, 2006, 06:08 PM
Aw man, you're still around?

Xeraphim
Oct 22, 2006, 06:09 PM
I don't trust GameFAQs for numerous reasons, so yes, until this is brought to our attention by Sega then I'd say it's no big deal. After all, we have people who imported on these forums I think. And we've heard nothing of it so far.

Yoiyami
Oct 22, 2006, 06:09 PM

Good point... But still, I wouldn't be surprised if he's referring to the PS2/PC servers.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 22, 2006, 06:10 PM
GameFAQs has some nice guides for various things, but the message board just makes me lol.

Mewn
Oct 22, 2006, 06:11 PM
I've heard little about any cheating on the JP servers.

Also obligatory lol gamefaqs comment.

Skittle
Oct 22, 2006, 06:11 PM
yea, if the info spreads to other than just one site we may have some evidence for this conspiracy, but until then we should just calm our little heads down and wait 2 days for our game...

Kayai
Oct 22, 2006, 06:12 PM
for some strange reason, i doubt theres any truth in your statement...

Yoiyami
On 2006-10-22 16:11, Skittle wrote:
yea, if the info spreads to other than just one site we may have some evidence for this conspiracy, but until then we should just calm our little heads down and wait 2 days for our game...

*nodnod*

Wheatpenny
Bah! There will be no cheaters...I will shoot them with my Emoblast!(Kinda like a Nanoblast except all my clothes turn black and tears run down my face and I enter PvP mode.) .What can I say I like to crack jokes....A LOT. But seriously as many times as this game got pushed back for NA release I would think this might have been one of the reasons.

Kupi
Oct 22, 2006, 06:14 PM
On 2006-10-22 16:09, Yoiyami wrote:

Good point... But still, I wouldn't be surprised if he's referring to the PS2/PC servers.

Y'know, people say the same kind of thing about PSOW. It *is* pretty much the largest American fansite for PSO/PSU out there, and suffers many of the same problems that GameFAQs does. Namely, being the most visible example of its kind leads to it having all types of posters on its boards, good and bad. I wouldn't be so quick to judge information just because it came from a GameFAQs board. That said, I'm off to see if I can find the actual post and judge based on that.

MrConstipated
Oct 22, 2006, 06:15 PM
i don't think its big enough to spread around to other sites....YET. In japan it probly is but there is still so much unknown on these shores even with the importers who choose to share their info ( and only half those understand the language enough to know whats really going on)

so the fact that people are starting to come forth and talk about the cheating thats already going on the JP servers has me hopeing sega makes an effort to make sure the house is clean on the NA servers...lets hope

VoidAbsolute
Oct 22, 2006, 06:18 PM
On 2006-10-22 16:14, Kupi wrote:

Y'know, people say the same kind of thing about PSOW. It *is* pretty much the largest American fansite for PSO/PSU out there, and suffers many of the same problems that GameFAQs does. Namely, being the most visible example of its kind leads to it having all types of posters on its boards, good and bad. I wouldn't be so quick to judge information just because it came from a GameFAQs board. That said, I'm off to see if I can find the actual post and judge based on that.

I have to agree with you there, though lets hope it is just some stupid rumor.....

JaiBlue
Oct 22, 2006, 06:18 PM
dammit I thought he left.

ProfessorZ
Oct 22, 2006, 06:20 PM
I swear to God it seems some of you actually hope there is cheating so you can bitch and whine and complain about it

Yoruichi
Oct 22, 2006, 06:22 PM

Mmmm the voice of unbiased reason, I'll follow suit, to gamefaqs!

Kismet
Oct 22, 2006, 06:24 PM
This thread is kind of annoying, pointless, and biased.

Next!

McLaughlin
Oct 22, 2006, 06:29 PM
On 2006-10-22 16:06, MrConstipated wrote:
according to some people over at gamefaqs who keep up or play the JP version say theres already people with infinite money hp/pp online and they were doing this the first week the game came out.

according to them sega so far has done nothing except take down the servers for a meseta dupe bug.

So basically, according to random, anonomous people on the internet who hail from one of the fallacy-ridden communities on the net, people were cheating online in a game where ALL the data is serverside. Within the first week no less.

Yeah...I'm going to go ahead and call Bull****.

vitius137
NO SOUP FOR YOU! NEXT!!!@111!XO

Yoiyami
On 2006-10-22 16:14, Kupi wrote:

The reason why it was said was because a LOT of false rumors start from Gamefaqs. That wasn't an attack on the community, just the information that comes from them is iffy until proven.

No ones judging anyone, you read too much into it.

kazuma56
Oct 22, 2006, 06:32 PM
Well my friend appearantly said there was cheating... but on the 360 beta... he has said nothing about the PC/PS2 japan servers at all... doubt there is any truth to that seeing as data is serverside, but 360 users beware a possible "hacked" community when it releases.

phunk
Cheating is inevitable; it'll happen on NA servers just as JP, once a loop-hole is found that is.

VoidAbsolute
we fight too much, lets all hold hands and make PSOW a better place for everyone......*cough cough*

McLaughlin
Oct 22, 2006, 06:39 PM
Well, my Uncle knows this guy who has a cousin who's friend's dad is a janitor in Bungie's studio, and he says Halo2 has a Golden Warthog, so the PSU cheating must be true!

There was ZERO cheating on the Beta. This I can atest to.

EDIT: What makes you think the Xbox 360 will be worse off? ALL DATA FOR THE ONLINE GAME IS SERVERSIDE, NO MATTER WHICH CONSOLE YOU'RE ON. Drop your pipe, and back away from the bowl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-22 16:41 ]</font>

BioWarrior
Oct 22, 2006, 06:39 PM
Its just random people of the PS2/PC and XBOX360 communities trying to stir up the other community to get people to switch IMO. >.>

Garnet_Moon
Oct 22, 2006, 06:42 PM
Let's perform witch hunts on everybody and flood GMs with complaints.

That guy just teleported across the screen? OH NOEZ! He's using speed hacks. He can't possibly be on 56k.

That dude doesn't seem to die, but i'm not exactly watching him all the time! He's got unlimited HP! Nevermind the fact that he might be using recovery items when i'm not looking.

Unlimited PP? DENIED! /callgm. Nevermind the fact that he has multiple weapons that look the same. I can't have possibly blinked or looked away when he changed. >_>

Mmm... i'm gonna love the threads that are soon to come once retail is out.

wildstar
Oct 22, 2006, 06:43 PM
If you read the topic (http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=926988&topic=31281266)at GF more carefully, at least the one I *think* you're refering to MrC, they are asking if there is cheating, not stating that there is cheating.

Many PSO'ers remember the bad times that came about when cheating spread on DC and GC. Don't be so quick to spread rumors about PSU until you have facts.

Many of us read here every day, and many importers post here regularly. The only cheating I'm aware of is some dupe glitches that Sega identified, shut down the servers to fix, and that was that.

Elleranda
Oct 22, 2006, 06:44 PM
On 2006-10-22 16:42, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Let's perform witch hunts on everybody and flood GMs with complaints.

That guy just teleported across the screen? OH NOEZ! He's using speed hacks. He can't possibly be on 56k.

That dude doesn't seem to die, but i'm not exactly watching him all the time! He's got unlimited HP! Nevermind the fact that he might be using recovery items when i'm not looking.

Unlimited PP? DENIED! /callgm. Nevermind the fact that he has multiple weapons that look the same. I can't have possibly blinked or looked away when he changed. >_>

Mmm... i'm gonna love the threads that are soon to come once retail is out.

THIS MAN IS A HACKER! YOU CAN TELL BECAUSE HE SUPPORTS THE PAIN AND SUFFERING HACKERS THROW AGAINST OTHERS AND MOCKS THEIR COMPLAINING!!!

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 22, 2006, 06:45 PM
Dude, dont even listen to people at gamefaqs that place is just full of rampant flamers and liars

Hajile
Oct 22, 2006, 06:52 PM
So the moral of the story is withoiut possible dupes/exploits we have no drama to post? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

McLaughlin
Oct 22, 2006, 06:53 PM
I think the moral of the story is:

"Durrrr Gamerfaqs."

Weak
Oct 22, 2006, 06:58 PM
"No Link? Don't think. Click the back button."

EvolXx
Oct 22, 2006, 07:22 PM
My fear is the hackers, its no fun when it comes to PS, it kinda ruined PSO online for the Xbox... I guesse we can hope and pray! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Chronosv2
Oct 22, 2006, 07:36 PM
On 2006-10-22 16:58, Weak wrote:
"No Link? Don't think. Click the back button."

Quoted for truth.
All data is server side. The only thing server-side are the graphics and sounds. For the so called cheat to work they'd have had to somehow break into the servers, which I'm sure are quite well protected.

Just my $0.02...but I really don't think the GFs post is accurate.

Vhex
Oct 22, 2006, 07:43 PM
Believe. Don't be stupid folks, cheating is simple and prevailent. ><;

Enough proof? Jeez gamfaqs.com has credibility mind you...
- -
Mode edit: Links removed. Do not link to cheating/hacking forums, please!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-10-22 19:43 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 22, 2006, 07:58 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif free items glady accepted

EnixBelmont
Oct 22, 2006, 08:00 PM
Offline is already hacked to holy hell. Online probably will be eventually when they figure out a way to affect server data.

Ecstasy
Oct 22, 2006, 08:06 PM
On 2006-10-22 18:00, EnixBelmont wrote:
Offline is already hacked to holy hell. Online probably will be eventually when they figure out a way to affect server data.

any offline game can easily be 'hacked to hell' It's called moding. You can basically put any number of items, or create you'r own items if you know how to do it. Now with online with charecter data saved to the actual server now the best a hacker can do is a money dupe, or find an exploit withen the game itself. All witch can be easily fixed with a rollback, or a patch.

What i find interesting is how little people know about othere MMO's. they all save there charecter data to the server's themselves. This pretty much prevent's any exploit, or money dupe from being permanent.

Iano
Oct 22, 2006, 08:10 PM
Cheating is inevitable. How Sega will respond and the timeframe of their resolution will be the key factors. At least the 360 servers are isolated. While it may be possible to cheat on the 360 servers, the tools and methods to do so will be more involved and less widespread imo. It was pretty tough to pull something off on XBOX 1 Live...

Emgro
Oct 22, 2006, 08:10 PM
They also track a lot more data than most of us think. They ought to know where every last meseta comes from, where it goes, when and how you got it, and whether you were teamed or solo.

Ecstasy
Oct 22, 2006, 08:11 PM
One more thing, the ONLY way someone could add lvl's to there toon, Give themselves god mode, or any items. they would actually have to hack into the SEGA servers themselves. Witch is a major felony, and can result in time in prison. I highly doubt anyone is going to risk prison, just to get ahead in a game:P

BlueDagger
Oct 22, 2006, 08:12 PM
With our characters now being saved to a server, not our comsole/PC I doubt any catastrophic cheating will accure. None less then other MMO. However, I still have to worry if Sega will do anything about the small amount of cheating there will be.

Uncle_bob
Oct 22, 2006, 08:13 PM
On 2006-10-22 17:43, Vhex wrote:
lol, haxx links

Enjoy your B&.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2006-10-22 18:14 ]</font>

Flamingo99
On 2006-10-22 18:11, Ecstasy wrote:
One more thing, the ONLY way someone could add lvl's to there toon, Give themselves god mode, or any items. they would actually have to hack into the SEGA servers themselves. Witch is a major felony, and can result in time in prison. I highly doubt anyone is going to risk prison, just to get ahead in a game:P

Sadly.... I wouldn't doubt that there are some people who would take the risk (I don't think anyone one on these fourms.... but there has got to be someone...).

Ecstasy
On 2006-10-22 18:12, BlueDagger wrote:
With our characters now being saved to a server, not our comsole/PC I doubt any catastrophic cheating will accure. None less then other MMO. However, I still have to worry if Sega will do anything about the small amount of cheating there will be.

Well with most exploiters in MMO's they tend to get away with it. Unless it's a money dope, or exploiting a major bug within the game.

Iano

Hmm... some prisons have XBOXs...

Blitzkommando
Oct 22, 2006, 08:15 PM
An online Phantasy Star game hacked? I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Uncle_bob
Oct 22, 2006, 08:17 PM
On 2006-10-22 18:15, Norvekh wrote:
An online Phantasy Star game hacked? I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Japan is perfect, so don't believe it!

Elleranda
Oct 22, 2006, 08:17 PM
On 2006-10-22 18:13, Ecstasy wrote:

Well with most exploiters in MMO's they tend to get away with it. Unless it's a money dope, or exploiting a major bug within the game.

What other exploits are there that really matter?

Ecstasy
Oct 22, 2006, 08:21 PM
On 2006-10-22 18:17, Elleranda wrote:

On 2006-10-22 18:13, Ecstasy wrote:

What other exploits are there that really matter?

Well, there could be a spot within a zone you could stand in, and not receive damage. Or just recently there was a pet bug in SWG where you could call multiple pets, and basically kill you'r enemy no trouble at all. just little theings like that nothing to serious.

FenixStryk
Oct 22, 2006, 08:50 PM
This is MrConstipated we're talking about. He's about as trust-worthy as my unborn child. That, and there's no links, AND it's from GameFAQs... seriously. C'mon.

Ecstasy
Oct 22, 2006, 08:51 PM
On 2006-10-22 18:50, FenixStryk wrote:
This is MrConstipated we're talking about. He's about as trust-worthy as my unborn child. That, and there's no links, AND it's from GameFAQs... seriously. C'mon.

has he spread rumors before?

FenixStryk
Oct 22, 2006, 08:54 PM
On 2006-10-22 18:51, Ecstasy wrote:
This is MrConstipated we're talking about. He's about as trust-worthy as my unborn child. That, and there's no links, AND it's from GameFAQs... seriously. C'mon.has he spread rumors before?
I guess you missed his whole power-gaming elitist thread. =|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-22 18:54 ]</font>

Katrina
Oct 22, 2006, 08:57 PM
with DNAS, server side character storage, etc.. I don't see anyone being able to 'hack' the servers. Now as far as 'exploits' go, I'm sure some ppl are bound to come across an exploit or two.

I read one case where there were areas in game where you could stand and not be hit by mobs. That would be considered an exploit. Duping items or money by experimenting with items on PM's, money glitches using the stores, etc. Stuff like that has been done in other onlines, and may have been what caused the rollback of the servers (all speculation on my part).

Stuff like that I'm a little worried about, but I'm not really worried about someone hacking the actual servers.

Hajile
Oct 22, 2006, 09:01 PM
b0mb is the patron saint of "Hey you don't belive me? GFuser" rember you guy's flamed him about the 360 demo? ;p

Not saying theres rampant h4x cuz some random guy said it over a net forum though. Maybe keep a good look out for poissble exploiters in the future. No one wants to see someone with a IG-name tag handing out free mestea.

Ryudo
Oct 22, 2006, 09:02 PM
He's about as trust-worthy as my unborn child.

If he was an unborn child I'd kick his mother in the stomach.

FenixStryk
Oct 22, 2006, 09:06 PM
On 2006-10-22 19:02, Ryudo wrote:

He's about as trust-worthy as my unborn child.

If he was an unborn child I'd kick his mother in the stomach.

LOL. I might do the same. But let's end the flaming that I caused here. Even if he is this bad of a guy, we're not doing any better.

Back on topic, ...yeah, this is highly unlikely. Might run into a dupe bug or something similar, but otherwise, it's about as big a threat as RMT.

MayLee
Oct 22, 2006, 09:09 PM
There will be no cheating on my missions, I know that.

Besides, didn't they say Sega are getting serious with this stuff?

BlueDagger
Oct 22, 2006, 09:10 PM

Mod chips are also illegal, aren't they? Not like the government cares....

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 22, 2006, 09:11 PM
As long as i dont Get FSOD(frozen screen of Death) or Blue screen of death on Comp, or get NOL'd i really don't care much abotu hackers.

b3n
Oct 22, 2006, 09:11 PM
If there are hackers running around everywhere with infinite hp/pp and all the rares im not gona play psu at all. That completely ruins the game.

Sizzors
Oct 22, 2006, 09:15 PM
True, but ST will screw up, they always do...

And sometimes it isn't their fault, I admit. Other times how ever...

Chronosv2
Oct 22, 2006, 09:21 PM
Hacking into a corporate server and mod-chipping are entirely different things though. One is done to your personal property, the other is done to a major corporation. Difference? Yep, a big one.

And DNAS is a great idea. I'm glad Sony decided to implement that, otherwise you'd never escape the hacking. Granted, I'm sure there are little things here and there, but I've never heard of any major PS2 online game hacking.

Blenjar
Oct 22, 2006, 09:36 PM
On 2006-10-22 19:21, Chronosv2 wrote:
Hacking into a corporate server and mod-chipping are entirely different things though. One is done to your personal property, the other is done to a major corporation. Difference? Yep, a big one.

And DNAS is a great idea. I'm glad Sony decided to implement that, otherwise you'd never escape the hacking. Granted, I'm sure there are little things here and there, but I've never heard of any major PS2 online game hacking.

+1

-- Blen

Bleemo
Oct 22, 2006, 09:39 PM
We're f***cked.

I just heard from GameFAQs that there are already hacks on the JP version that completely remove player clothing, allowing players to run around naked.

Parn
Oct 22, 2006, 09:47 PM
according to some people over at gamefaqs
Is this guy for real.

Sizzors
Oct 22, 2006, 09:48 PM
On 2006-10-22 19:47, Parn wrote:

Is this guy for real.

No. I don't think he believes in "reality" or "life" and things like that.

Miyoko
Oct 22, 2006, 10:00 PM
On 2006-10-22 19:39, Bleemo wrote:

I just heard from GameFAQs that there are already hacks on the JP version that completely remove player clothing, allowing players to run around naked.

Wait, this is bad?

McLaughlin
Oct 22, 2006, 10:02 PM
On 2006-10-22 20:00, Miyoko wrote:

Wait, this is bad?

I second this motion. Nekkid hax may not be so bad...

Yoiyami
Oct 22, 2006, 10:02 PM
We're f***cked.

Public nudity?! ONLINE?! *gasp* How DARE Sega turn a blind eye to this...this outragous behavior! What about the children?!

*faints*

Miyoko
Oct 22, 2006, 10:07 PM
I actually have a screenshot of it >___>;; It doesn't look like much of a hack, but rather, a skin change.

Too bad this board is work safe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FenixStryk
Oct 22, 2006, 10:10 PM
On 2006-10-22 19:47, Parn wrote:

according to some people over at gamefaqs
Is this guy for real.Lol. =]

A2K
Oct 22, 2006, 10:39 PM
An unverifiable, unsubstatiated rumor gets a lock.