PDA

View Full Version : Cheating.

Sleet_v2
Oct 22, 2006, 08:16 PM
I would like an experts opinion on how easy it is going to be to cheat on PSU. I have World of Warcraft and its a much bigger and stable GM system, and people are still cheating on that. To play PSU I am going to spend 120 bucks on a used PS2 Slim, and then the keyboard and the game itself plus 10 bucks a month. If cheating is going to happen, I am thinking maybe I should just stick with World of Warcraft...? Just want some input, thanks.

Typhoeus
Oct 22, 2006, 08:17 PM
Or you could just stick to say...PC, and not buy a PS2?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-10-22 18:17 ]</font>

Sleet_v2
Oct 22, 2006, 08:18 PM
I have a Mac. and not an Intel based one..... im really tired of people telling me this same thing..

Asura17
Oct 22, 2006, 08:18 PM
uh i used some hax on WoW, and got away with it.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif so yeah its not that great.. i also quit recently thanks to level 60 boredom..

Emgro
Oct 22, 2006, 08:19 PM
Cheating will happen. Whether it will be minor moolah/item duping through exploits or significant server hacking, I can't say. Considering the fact MMOs have been around a long time now, they should be getting harder and harder to hack and exploit, but Sega has a bad rep with PSO.

EDIT: Didn't see your post about a Mac until after I posted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Emgro on 2006-10-22 18:20 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Oct 22, 2006, 08:20 PM
Based on past Phantasty Star Online titles I would expect maybe a couple months (unless the current rumors are true, in which case the only thing that needs to happen is change little values to compensate for the different region, and BAM! insta-haxx) of relatively low cheat gaming. After that I expect all hell to break loose. But hey, I'm an optomist so I could very well be wrong. In any event, I expect within six months to have some major cheating to be going on. Sega can prove me wrong, but this is seriously the best case scenario I see based on past history on Sega's part, and current events in the offline mode for PSUJP.

Elleranda
Oct 22, 2006, 08:22 PM
On 2006-10-22 18:16, Sleet_v2 wrote:
I would like an experts opinion on how easy it is going to be to cheat on PSU. I have World of Warcraft and its a much bigger and stable GM system, and people are still cheating on that. To play PSU I am going to spend 120 bucks on a used PS2 Slim, and then the keyboard and the game itself plus 10 bucks a month. If cheating is going to happen, I am thinking maybe I should just stick with World of Warcraft...? Just want some input, thanks.

There ARE hackers in WoW, but they're dealt with pretty quickly. I don't think I've ever seen one ever reach level 60 before they're banned.

Typhoeus
Oct 22, 2006, 08:23 PM
I'm sure you wouldn't be so tired of people telling you that if, well, you told everyone that you had a Macintosh in the first place bud...

The characters are saved server side this time around, so there will definately be less rampart cheating than there was in PSO of old. Other than that, expect cheating to poke its head out sometime or other, no matter what the game. I played the PSU beta and it's awesome, so I couldn't not recommend it. It's your money, your call.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-10-22 18:24 ]</font>

Hustler_One
Oct 22, 2006, 08:24 PM
On 2006-10-22 18:18, Sleet_v2 wrote:
I have a Mac. and not an Intel based one..... im really tired of people telling me this same thing..

You never stated that in your original post, do you expect people to be stareing in through your windows going "Damn, I gotta know what that guy plays WoW on!"

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^ Thats not flaming its me being silly =P But you should state details such as what your comp are so that you AVOID getting the same responses over and over.

AS for keeping this post relevant... uhhh, well no one can really give any guerentees on weather or not there will be hacking, the game isent out yet! To get a good solid idea, you should wait a week or two, (or even a month) after release to get some good quality info.

EDIT: Wow... I take too long to type, I started this post before the 4th one was posted >>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hustler_One on 2006-10-22 18:25 ]</font>

Sleet_v2
Oct 22, 2006, 08:29 PM
It just kind of sucks right now, because my WOW account expired a few days ago and I didnt pay to kee it going b ecause I was pumped for PSU. Now I am having second thoughts, and kind of want ot jump back onto WoW.. anyways.. just trying to piece things together for a decision

Typhoeus
Oct 22, 2006, 08:31 PM
You could do both. Just raid with your guild(s) a couple days a week, and then play PSU the rest of the time. That's what a few of my friends are doing, they say there's nothing else to do at level 60 anyway.

Numnuttz
Oct 22, 2006, 08:33 PM
hmmm cheating in pso/psu. if there isnt any i would be more surprised since in all pso games duping always happened. i still played the game no matter what happened. as of right now all i can see worth cheating in psu is for meseta and maybe items to feed your pm machine.

EnixBelmont
Oct 22, 2006, 08:33 PM
Is hacking really that big a deal to people? Now with the kick function, I don't really see the problem. Who cares if dupes overrunt the game? Kick anyone who uses dupes. DOn't have to play with anyone whop is a cheater.

That said, the cheating won't come fast, more than likely. Likely at least 2 months. And we don't know how ST will handle the cheating. If we are lucky, they will actually do something about it. And it seems likely due to the effort they put in PSU.

Xeraphim
Oct 22, 2006, 08:34 PM
Don't try and compare WoW and PSU at all. Even when it comes to cheating. Yeah, there's cheating on any MMO. Sega was lax on their security and they got hacked pretty darn easily. It's server side now, that's a huge plus. Besides, you've got plenty of players who won't davel in cheating and or hacking such as myself. So if you're worried about legitimacy in the people you play with, I don't think it'll be as big of a problem as with PSO.

Ryudo
Oct 22, 2006, 08:36 PM
compare WoW's level of hacking to Diablo's

now you know the difference between PSU and PSO in terms of hacking =)

EC_Subbie
Oct 22, 2006, 08:43 PM
Server side is definetly a big thing. I played FFXI which had server side storage...never saw much hacking in that..The closest thing was RMTs using bots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EC_Subbie on 2006-10-22 18:43 ]</font>

sscaff1
Oct 22, 2006, 08:43 PM
On 2006-10-22 18:31, Typhoeus wrote:
You could do both. Just raid with your guild(s) a couple days a week, and then play PSU the rest of the time. That's what a few of my friends are doing, they say there's nothing else to do at level 60 anyway.

And then after about the 25th raid you get all the armor you could want (well I was a warlock so this could be different for other classes). Raids get boring as all hell and you want to kill yourself for sitting at your computer for 4-6 hours at a time and you quit the game. Maybe that's just me?

Then you get excited as all hell for PSU!!!

atomisk
Oct 22, 2006, 08:45 PM
how bad was the cheating on blue burst? that was server side and I would think that sonic team would try about twice as hard to keep psu cheat free considering blue burst was just a last ditch effort to get a little more money out of pso

SpishackCola
Oct 22, 2006, 08:53 PM
LOL@Diablo hacking. I love that game to death, but good lord Diablo 1 over B.Net had to be some of the worst shit I've ever seen.

Vhex
Oct 22, 2006, 09:10 PM
Its already happened within a week of the JP realize Exspect big time cheatage.

Rekitheforce
Oct 22, 2006, 09:15 PM
I give it a couple of months, depending on how much people are fixed on cheating.

Auronp
Oct 22, 2006, 09:19 PM
I hope there won't be any cheating, that takes all the fun out of the game. Why even bother buying it if your going to cheat your way through?

Emgro
Oct 22, 2006, 11:09 PM
The problem with WoW wasn't cheating, it was the fact the entire game was for sale and everyone was trying to sell it to you. Between the dozens of CGFs I reported and that article Game Informer ran about turning in their own bought account to no effect, I lost all interest in playing WoW.

If PSU winds up that way, I'll be mad.

Hexadecimal
Oct 22, 2006, 11:17 PM
The main problem with cheating in PSO was FSOD.

Aside from that, it's relatively easy to kick a nuisance from your team who is using godly stuff.

Natrokos
Oct 22, 2006, 11:34 PM
On 2006-10-22 19:10, Vhex wrote:
Its already happened within a week of the JP realize Exspect big time cheatage.

Hey Mr. Been here one week.....Any proof to back it up? That's the second time someone has said that without any evidence whatsoever.

Besides, with the way weapons and armour work I doubt you will see people running around with at lvl 1 with the best gear. (unless they hack the requirements on the weapons) Server side hacks are possible but harder then hacking your own system....This is a known fact.....Some people seem to think that everyone and their twin will be able to run around with lvl 50 gear at lvl 1 and I simply don't think that's a feasible assumption. But that's just me....

My biggest fear is me getting stuck and having my character corrupted trying to transport to my room again like I did in the open beta *shudder*