PDA

View Full Version : how should i play my psu?

Gazetti
Oct 22, 2006, 09:34 PM
should i play it for ps2 360 or pc? and with my ps2, should i buy a new slim ps2? or just buy the 70 dollor network adapter? i might beable to find a slim used.

Rekitheforce
Oct 22, 2006, 09:35 PM
It kinda depends on how much money you're willing to spend.

FenixStryk
Oct 22, 2006, 09:36 PM
Depends. Which platform(s) do you have? If you ahve all 3, I recommend the 360, since it has built-in voice chat and is the least likely version to be hacked. If 360 is out, go PC, unless your PC is slow. At which point, PS2 is all that's left.

Blenjar
Oct 22, 2006, 09:37 PM
Get 360.

-- Blen

McLaughlin
Oct 22, 2006, 09:38 PM
I think the general concensus on this board (barring a few people) is Xbox 360 >= PC >> PS2

MXdude
Oct 22, 2006, 09:39 PM
blah im in the same boat as you...I have a 360, but none of my friends will be on it. There is a ps2 downstairs but its not mine(cousins) and also one in florida(my dad has it), and my laptop prob wont work http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BioWarrior
Oct 22, 2006, 09:41 PM
I'd go for which versions will have more of your friends playing on it, and if that happens to be PS2/PC go for which one is more comfortable for you or cheaper.

Sable_Edge
Oct 22, 2006, 09:43 PM
I say PC ^.^ But that's just out of love for the one I just upgraded to play this game. But in all seriousness, the 360 isn't bad choice at all. I do have to say I suspect the PS2 isn't the system of choice simple because it is behind the times...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sable_Edge on 2006-10-22 19:46 ]</font>

Miyoko
Oct 22, 2006, 09:46 PM
YOU PLAY PSU WITH BUTANS AND MOVING!

Srsly, however, it depends on your setup Here's how you should look at it.

High/Medium end PC > Xbox360 > PS2 > Low end PC. Go with the highest option you can.

Bleemo
Oct 22, 2006, 09:47 PM
Slim PS2s are teh win.

Skittle
Oct 22, 2006, 09:50 PM
xbox 360 > ALL =P

na but seriously just do whatever you think is right, its all about community, make some sacrifices for yourself and your friends for christs sake...

turtle323
Oct 22, 2006, 09:56 PM
The network adapter is not 70$

ghaleonreborn
Oct 22, 2006, 11:13 PM
360 man 360 has voice chat!!!!! ^_^

Croix
Oct 23, 2006, 12:06 AM
As often, unhealthily, and as destructive to your relationships as possible.

BrandonBa2
Oct 23, 2006, 12:09 AM
Buy a new PC if its an option. Sure it costs a lot and you may not want to spend the money right now, but in the long run your PC will still be there and can do more stuff then a slim PS2 or Xbox 360.

Getintothegame
Oct 23, 2006, 12:10 AM
I'm thinking about getting the network adapter. I'm going to have both PS2 and PC versions. Play PC when I want to have good graphics, and PS2 when I'm lazy.

I can't wait!

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 23, 2006, 12:13 AM
eh i could care lees about voice chat, not a big fan of 12 yearolds screamming with there squeaky voices lol, my compy cant handle it so im gonna go with ps2 but i like haveing a controller to play but dont feel like paying for XBL right now on top of paying for PSU, if you have the same perdicament ps2 is prime people underestimate it too much just cause it an onlder system

Garnet_Moon
Oct 23, 2006, 12:46 AM
PC: Variable speed. Can look like crap, or can look awesome. Can run at average FPS, or can run at a negative FPS... which is bad for you, but good for the Rappy population. Highly dependant on your video card.

360: Umm. I don't have a 360 so I can't comment.

PS2: The game was designed for the PS2. The other two are just ports with slightly better graphics. It's still a PS2 game and it'll run fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-22 22:47 ]</font>

EvoKiske
Oct 23, 2006, 03:11 AM
On 2006-10-22 22:46, Garnet_Moon wrote:
PC: Variable speed. Can look like crap, or can look awesome. Can run at average FPS, or can run at a negative FPS... which is bad for you, but good for the Rappy population. Highly dependant on your video card.

360: Umm. I don't have a 360 so I can't comment.

PS2: The game was designed for the PS2. The other two are just ports with slightly better graphics. It's still a PS2 game and it'll run fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-22 22:47 ]</font>

i agree

EvoKiske
Oct 23, 2006, 03:36 AM
ima buy my ps2 and just use teamspeak on my comp.

rofl

Gazetti
Oct 23, 2006, 05:24 AM
alright, heres my problem now, i was thinking about all this. and i deffently deal out the 360. voice chat sounds cool. but try being a part of pso for xbox. if you try to play legit anymore people try picking a fight with you and start arguing. and finding nice people on it anymore are few and far between. i'm sure there will be a few assholes every now and then, but xbox 360 wont be any diffrent then xbox. and i dont have enough friends with a 360. and the graphics on a game dont do it for me. so its like the 360 isnt even an option for me. pc i just dont have the money for. i would be all over that and i would be able to get a new pc, but i'd have to wait untill x-mas, and i dont want to wait that long. so i ruled that out. the ps2, i only have the older version. so i need to get a network adaptor. i looked it up on google, and i'm not sure if it was just a bad deal or something, but it said "$69.99". so if someone could crack the case on that and find the real price for me, i would be very greatful. but its eather that or the slim. and my friend picked up a used one for $120 bucks. so theres that option. but whatever version gets hacked i'll end up staying far away from them. it ruined the game once, and it wont ruin it again for me.

if you have any other points to bring up please do so.

Callous
Oct 23, 2006, 05:57 AM
$70 for the network adaptor is an INCREDIBLY BAD deal. Where I live they're currently selling for around $16, new.

Using google it took me around 7 seconds to find it for $35 on amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PS2-Network-Adaptor/dp/B00003E37F

It can be found cheaper but I'm not going to do your search for you. Put some effort into it, man.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2006-10-23 03:58 ]</font>

Bleemo
Oct 23, 2006, 06:11 AM
On 2006-10-23 03:24, Gazetti wrote:
alright, heres my problem now, i was thinking about all this. and i deffently deal out the 360. voice chat sounds cool. but try being a part of pso for xbox. if you try to play legit anymore people try picking a fight with you and start arguing. and finding nice people on it anymore are few and far between. i'm sure there will be a few assholes every now and then, but xbox 360 wont be any diffrent then xbox. and i dont have enough friends with a 360. and the graphics on a game dont do it for me. so its like the 360 isnt even an option for me. pc i just dont have the money for. i would be all over that and i would be able to get a new pc, but i'd have to wait untill x-mas, and i dont want to wait that long. so i ruled that out. the ps2, i only have the older version. so i need to get a network adaptor. i looked it up on google, and i'm not sure if it was just a bad deal or something, but it said "$69.99". so if someone could crack the case on that and find the real price for me, i would be very greatful. but its eather that or the slim. and my friend picked up a used one for $120 bucks. so theres that option. but whatever version gets hacked i'll end up staying far away from them. it ruined the game once, and it wont ruin it again for me.

if you have any other points to bring up please do so.

The Xbox 360 version of PSU will be a fantastic port, through-and-through. All online games suffer some sort of hacking from time to time, but usually it's very minimal and the hackers never go public. You will, undoubtedly, never encounter any sort of hacked material or individual hacking; all due mostly to the data being saved server-side.

The voice chat is disabled in lobbies. The only time voice chat will be enabled is when you're in a party. However, voice chat and keyboard chat conflict with eachother frequently. Personally this was the reason I decided to go with the PC version.

As far as assholes on the 360 are concerned: yes, every online game will have assholes; yes, this is also Xbox Live we're talking about. This is unavoidable even on the PC/PS2 versions. However, rest assured there will be MANY people to play with, both assholes and good people alike. Xbox 360 will be loaded with players on release.

If you're still set on avoiding the X360, then PS2 seems to be your only other option. If you're looking for a network adapter, Amazon.com and eBay will have them at lower prices than $70, which is a bit outrageous.

If you want to invest in just getting a new PS2 all together, the system costs $130 and memory cards cost $25, assuming you already have a USB keyboard that will run you a little over $200 for the game, PS2, and memory card.

If you're looking to budget a PS2 and get nothing but used materials, then at any Gamestop, EB Games, or Babbages the slim PS2 costs $110 used, and memory cards probably around $10-15 used, assuming it's a third party memory card.

If you decide to get a brand new PS2, you may want to wait until the 24th(ironically) for the new silver redesigned PS2. (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=020277)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleemo on 2006-10-23 04:16 ]</font>

DarkShadowX
Oct 23, 2006, 08:05 AM
You're all wrong, this is how you should play PSU.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/r-kun/howtoplaypsu.jpg

Bleemo
Oct 23, 2006, 08:08 AM
On 2006-10-23 06:05, DarkShadowX wrote:

How to play PSU:

Press butan: Pachoo! Pachoo!

Classic indeed.

Edited for clarity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleemo on 2006-10-23 06:11 ]</font>

LordHakutsuru
Oct 23, 2006, 08:12 AM

http://www.mcneilcanada.com/eng/img/epb23mi1.gif

lol.

Katrina
Oct 23, 2006, 08:16 AM

That looks like a bad case of Carpal Tunnel waiting to happen.

On topic, after viewing a few videos and screens from the PS2, the graphics really don't look bad at all. For a PS2 game, they actually look pretty good. As stated earlier, there's advantages and drawbacks for each system. Graphics between systems and setups, voice chat vs keyboards, expense and money issues, TV vs monitor, and so on.

Look at all the options and decide what works best for you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

1337Beeb
Oct 23, 2006, 09:49 AM
Upside down, at night, in a box, wearing a hat, juggling chainsaws, eating pie, riding a unicycle, taming a bat!

Xbox 360.

Gazetti
Oct 23, 2006, 02:05 PM
i think i'll just need to get the new playstation slim. i already have a keyboard that works for xbox pc gamecube and ps2. it was 10 bucks, so if you think they might be too much. they really arnt. i have the memory card already.