PDA

View Full Version : (Official) Question's For people Getting it on Midnight the

xenokai
Oct 22, 2006, 10:22 PM
This post is for everyone that plans on asking question's (like me) tomorrow night. Instead of posting multiple threads we can all use this one...

Here's my questions....

1. Is there a Free Trial?

2. If so How long?

3. Is there a option to install (just) the onling mode?

4. Alot of people are confused if its on DVD-Rom or Cd-rom which is it? (i could care less but others wanna know)

5. How easy is it to install?

6. Are there more then 1 server in the US version?

7. Whats your graphics card and how well does it run on it? and what setting?

Im sure people have alot more but that should help start it.....

Tystys
Oct 22, 2006, 10:25 PM
I really don't think ANYONE is going to have it by then, dude.

JaiBlue
Oct 22, 2006, 10:25 PM
Xenokai you of all poeple should aleady know these things.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Oct 22, 2006, 10:28 PM
From what I read, it will be DVD format, with free trial after signup with Guardians, for 1 week. PC will most likely have custom install, but N/A for PS2/X360. Server amounts are unknown, it depends on how loaded the ones become.

Sev
Oct 22, 2006, 10:31 PM
On 2006-10-22 20:22, xenokai wrote:
This post is for everyone that plans on asking question's (like me) tomorrow night. Instead of posting multiple threads we can all use this one...

Here's my questions....

1. Is there a Free Trial?

2. If so How long?

3. Is there a option to install (just) the onling mode?

4. Alot of people are confused if its on DVD-Rom or Cd-rom which is it? (i could care less but others wanna know)

5. How easy is it to install?

6. Are there more then 1 server in the US version?

7. Whats your graphics card and how well does it run on it? and what setting?

Im sure people have alot more but that should help start it.....

1. No info on that yet... They got one in Japan, so we'll probably get one as well.

2. Probably 30 days.

3. Nope, gotta install the whole game. Pretty sure of that much.

4. It's DVD only for the PC version. They did offer a service to download the game if you didn't have a DVD drive available in Japan, don't know whether they'll bring that to us as well.

5. I'd assume it's just as easy as any other game. Shouldn't be anything to difficult but I won't know until I do so myself.

6. We don't have that information yet.

7. An importer will need to answer that. But there is a thread to ask whether or not your PC is powerful enough to run it.

Hope it helps. I'm not an importer myself, but I think I have things pretty much correct.

BrandonBa2
Oct 22, 2006, 10:33 PM
I don't think any store is going to do a midnight release. Even the 24/7 Wal-Marts don't put up games unless they are well known like FFXI and GTA.

Sleet_v2
Oct 22, 2006, 10:37 PM
Actully I just called my local walmart and they said they are going to sell it on the 24th. Im sure if you go to the electronics section at midnight tommorow night they would go find it and sell it to you.

Tystys
Oct 22, 2006, 10:38 PM
On 2006-10-22 20:33, BrandonBa2 wrote:
I don't think any store is going to do a midnight release. Even the 24/7 Wal-Marts don't put up games unless they are well known like FFXI and GTA.

Yeah, PSU doesn't have a huge community response like that.

NeuroNomad
Oct 22, 2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah even though we all love and can't wait for this game to come out I seriously doubt that any retailer is expecting campers to be awaiting outside their doors for a midnight purchase. Even though to us this is the best thing in like forever to them its just another game.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 22, 2006, 10:41 PM
On 2006-10-22 20:37, Sleet_v2 wrote:
Actully I just called my local walmart and they said they are going to sell it on the 24th. Im sure if you go to the electronics section at midnight tommorow night they would go find it and sell it to you.

Well actually i'm expecting to be laughed at by the overnight crew when I do this tomorrow at midnight, and then after they dissapear for an hour trying to find it I get the game.

xenokai
Oct 22, 2006, 10:51 PM
garnet moon if you do get it please post your thought and anwser some queations on this thread for us? Ill be up till 4am central like always anyway.

xenokai
Oct 22, 2006, 10:51 PM
the free trial thing is one thing i really wanna know about -_-

BrandonBa2
Oct 22, 2006, 10:54 PM
Well actually i'm expecting to be laughed at by the overnight crew when I do this tomorrow at midnight, and then after they dissapear for an hour trying to find it I get the game.

They aren't looking for your game, they are watching tv in the back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

xenokai
Oct 22, 2006, 11:07 PM
not really i worked at wal-mart once they are the most busy at night actually.

EvolXx
Oct 22, 2006, 11:08 PM
Hmmm I dont know anywhere thats doing a Midnight launch?!

Typhoeus
Oct 22, 2006, 11:13 PM
Wtf, my Walmart closes at 11 p.m. ;_;

Emgro
Oct 22, 2006, 11:19 PM
I might give it a shot just for kicks. My Wal-Mart isn't that far away and my local Gamestop hasn't been nice to me lately.

xenokai
Oct 23, 2006, 12:40 PM
Oh and maybe someone could take a pic of the disk and case

Akaimizu
Oct 23, 2006, 12:44 PM
Umm. Unless you can take your Hunter and fake a pass to that GunTecher, on your right, only to do a lateral to your Force, who will attempt to take the Photon Ball and make a break for the in-zone.

And have John Madden call those plays.

I seriously doubt you'll get a midnight launch for this game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-23 10:45 ]</font>

Battra
Oct 23, 2006, 12:50 PM
On 2006-10-22 20:51, xenokai wrote:
the free trial thing is one thing i really wanna know about -_-

I can't say for the NA release, but the JP release did come with a 30 day free trial. I also bought a segalink cash card for when that runs out...still need to learn how to use that..ahaha