PDA

View Full Version : What's with the horribly ugly CAST Head?

FenixStryk
Oct 22, 2006, 10:59 PM
While I was making a CAST and going through the helmets, I noticed that one of the choices had an enormous protrusion. Now, I like FLCL as much as the next guy, but that face is just stupid. I mean, seriously.

(_¯_¯_¯)
/|
/`

-BK-
Oct 22, 2006, 11:01 PM
While I personally wouldn't use it, I could see someone else using it. With some of the parts options it could end up looking good.

Ether
Oct 22, 2006, 11:01 PM
Boombox head is the best one

xzeekzx
Oct 22, 2006, 11:02 PM
life takes a little comedy... psu is part of life.. some how.. so u need some comedy right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Numnuttz
Oct 22, 2006, 11:03 PM
lol yea i was thinking about using that at first than i was like this does not look good at all.

Bleemo
Oct 22, 2006, 11:04 PM
Helmets, lol. Yeah they did get kind of jipped on the headgear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleemo on 2006-10-22 21:05 ]</font>

Ecstasy
Oct 22, 2006, 11:05 PM
Hmmm maybe i should make an alt, and name it PenisHead just for a laugh online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ecstasy on 2006-10-22 21:05 ]</font>

xzeekzx
Oct 22, 2006, 11:06 PM
sick.. funny... sorta... but sick

Pandemic
Oct 22, 2006, 11:06 PM
The same head is in PSO just smaller.

Flunky
Oct 22, 2006, 11:15 PM
Curiously enough, I found myself liking it on other casts- that is, further away from me and never seeing it up close. I thought 'what -is- that helmet?' a few times... then I connected it with the one I thought was terrible in creation.

I do wish there were more helmets... I shoulda checked out the makeover shop in beta. Just like there are more hairstyles to switch from, I wonder if there's more headgear in the makeover (there was an option to change the helmet when I went in with my cast, but I never tried it).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flunky on 2006-10-22 21:52 ]</font>

Nani-chan
Oct 22, 2006, 11:35 PM
Female casts has some werid heads too. The table head one is a bit out there. Then there is the Tenten/minne mouse balls with the fans. I personally like the Devil horns one, It goes best with milky white eyes. Rwar!

Candor
Oct 22, 2006, 11:37 PM
yeaaa, i thought it looked like a jet engine at first. wonder if it's gonna be popular http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

AnamanaAU
Oct 22, 2006, 11:43 PM
use boombox head and just shout everywhere.

FenixStryk
Oct 22, 2006, 11:45 PM
Too many sympathysers. The head is simply disturbing. I mean, it's a helmet. How do CASTs put that on and still see out of it?

AzureBlaze
Oct 23, 2006, 12:27 AM
I am not happy with the cast heads either.
The pointed face for RAcast on PSO was so much more refined/elegant than that giant monstrosity. It makes your dude look mini just cause it's so big. It's also really impractical, cause if you think about walking around like that...why?

Cast got dumped on a bit in here it seems, if you liked original (Kireek) HUcast, you're kind of sunk. Whereas Elenor has a DIRECT clone of her face. Also many of the male heads get looking similar. All they do is re-arrange the cracks around the eyes and put some lines across. It didn't seem like they thought thru making the males "Mannequin" like with different looks of faces like they did the caseals, which is dissapointing.

The shops for androids (at least in the beta) provided NOTHING new headswise. Hopefully that'll change. Also to mind if you pick fleshface cast, it does not (now) let you switch to armor and vice/versa, which is utter trash.

But, I guess they wanted one "wacky" head for each cast type (female being the giant hat thing)...but I mean there's already a "mad scientist brain dome" so...

Mike
Oct 23, 2006, 12:30 AM
At least with the giant hat you can see the face on the female cast. That long helmet blocks the faces on the male cast.

JaiBlue
Oct 23, 2006, 12:32 AM
So now all of a sudden this look isn't good enouh for people? http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/images/characters/foundharbor1.jpg

Ein
Oct 23, 2006, 12:35 AM
I believe they CASTs use sensors LOL

Itsuki
Oct 23, 2006, 01:11 AM
On 2006-10-22 21:01, Ether wrote:

Word to that brotha, that head rocks.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 23, 2006, 01:35 AM
Man, all you guys complaining about "impracticality" in a video game need to face the facts. If this game were about practicality, Hunters wouldn't exist because everyone'd be using guns and Technics, since logically it's safer and more practical than charging into battle with a sword.

I've managed to whip up some cool looking robo-head male casts in my character generator, even with the metallic pompadour/boomboxhead/whathaveyou. Anyone who can't make a piece of character creation in this game look good just isn't trying hard enough.

Midicronica
Oct 23, 2006, 08:03 AM
I like that head selection, personally. I was thinking awhile back that I'd probably choose that certain style if I were to ever make a Cast on PSU. It's the same head that was available on Cast on PSO, but now it has that weird opening.. Not too bad, though.

RadiantLegend
Oct 23, 2006, 08:57 AM
The only cast head i hate is the fleshy one.

Iduno
Oct 23, 2006, 09:02 AM
the long head is my favourite one lol!

LordHakutsuru
Oct 23, 2006, 09:06 AM
Your new best friend (http://youtube.com/watch?v=2w75Hmlk22U) ~

CherryLunar
Oct 23, 2006, 09:07 AM
On 2006-10-22 21:01, Ether wrote:

I agree! Who wouldn't love a giant sub-woofer on top of their head. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Shimarisu-
Oct 23, 2006, 09:12 AM
It looks like a penis.

Zabot
Oct 23, 2006, 09:16 AM
i have seen some pretty neet casts with that head. and also i agree with the heasdgear, i think there will be more in the final product, but i wish not everything for the casts looked like samurai wear

Nilot
Oct 23, 2006, 09:30 AM
That head would be cool if it seconed as an SUV weapon and shot a giant darkness lazer =p where are the eyes on it anyway? it just seems to be a mystery hole... -sticks his hand in-...... IT BURNS!!!
I don' t leik it, it shoulda been more like the beak-head that Racasts had

1337Beeb
Oct 23, 2006, 09:41 AM
Worst. Head. Ever.

Callous
Oct 23, 2006, 09:42 AM
No screenshot ftl?

BlueDagger
Oct 23, 2006, 09:43 AM
On 2006-10-22 23:35, Zato-2TWO wrote:
Man, all you guys complaining about "impracticality" in a video game need to face the facts. If this game were about practicality, Hunters wouldn't exist because everyone'd be using guns and Technics, since logically it's safer and more practical than charging into battle with a sword.

I've managed to whip up some cool looking robo-head male casts in my character generator, even with the metallic pompadour/boomboxhead/whathaveyou. Anyone who can't make a piece of character creation in this game look good just isn't trying hard enough.

I agree. If people want realistic video games, then Phantasy Star in general shouldn't exist.

Cigaro
Oct 23, 2006, 10:41 AM
I am highly upset with the inability to make a decent-looking male CAST without using one of two face/helmet combinations.

It made me switch to wanting to use a female CAST.

FAHR-3NH317
Oct 23, 2006, 11:38 AM
imho, CASTs look damn cool :>

Nilot
Oct 23, 2006, 12:06 PM
besides, they'll add more stuff later on, I'm sure they have something butt-whoopin for them (Maybe they'll release them robot wings ~hot~) =P

Akaimizu
Oct 23, 2006, 12:33 PM
I actually think casts look pretty cool. The idea that there's that level of variety in which some will like and others wouldn't, simply adds to the environment. Many of the cast heads I've seen, actively moving around in-game, I thought were pretty keen for their build. Though I can imagine some heads looking completely bad on the wrong body.

Realmz
Oct 23, 2006, 12:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/realmzjetter/vic1.jpg

pfft, i like the hat.