PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide...

Kontra_Bandit
Oct 23, 2006, 01:59 AM
I really like being a hunter, but I can't decide whether to go with a CAST or a Beast... As far as aesthetics, the cast look sooo much cooler, however the beast does seem to have some close combat perks and the nano blast.

I do however plan to maybe use guns here and there and I've always loved CASTs, so would it be dumb to have a CAST hunter?

EDIT: Also, can you change head/torso/legs/shoulders/color post character creation? I would assume not proportion, but hopefully these can be changed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kontra_Bandit on 2006-10-23 00:02 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 23, 2006, 02:00 AM
Cast Hunter is just as good as a beast, Hit for less just hit more often. Go for Look more than stats. This game isnt really about stats but more about fun.

Kontra_Bandit
Oct 23, 2006, 02:03 AM
Yeah I think I pretty much decided on cast hunter now that I know it's actually pretty playable.

Axios-
Oct 23, 2006, 02:06 AM
If you're looking to throw in some guns, Casts probably have the edge over Beasts. Of course, any race would do if you tried. If you think Casts are cooler, then be a Cast.

Kontra_Bandit
Oct 23, 2006, 02:09 AM
one more question. I totally assumed this was a "no" at first provided PSO memories, but after reading some more, I'm confused. Can casts use techniques?? It would be nearly pointless and severely capped, but can they?

Bleemo
Oct 23, 2006, 02:12 AM
Casts can use techs depending on the class. If you become a Fortefighter at Hunter level 10, you won't be able to use techs. Otherwise, most classes allow tech use. Casts just have the worst MIND out of each race.

Kyuu
Oct 23, 2006, 02:20 AM
Technique usage is governed by job (aka class) in PSU, not by race. Casts have the weakest TAP and MST stats, though.

Evolution
Oct 23, 2006, 05:20 AM
In the 360 beta I tried out a beast, I got him up to level 15, no nano blast unfortunatly since I didn't make 20 but they're pretty good. They have low ATA so there is an issue with him missing but it honestly didn't bother me much. It was great having the high atp and high hp, i'm not 100% sure but I think beasts have the highest hp and atp.

In the full version my beast hunter will probably have the hunter/ranger expert class, i THINK its figunner? that should help him out with the accuracy.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 23, 2006, 07:07 AM
that IS 100% true, Beasts have the highest HP and ATP of all races, even higher than Casts.

afcakey
Oct 23, 2006, 07:10 AM
I think casts will be able to put out as much damage as a beast in the long run. If you end up going fortefighter casts with an axe would look so bad ass.

AlMcFly
Oct 23, 2006, 07:15 AM
Also, why nobody answered these is beyond me. Post character creation, you will be able to change everything for a price. That means all body parts and colors but also eyecolor/proportion/hair.

Nilot
Oct 23, 2006, 09:37 AM
Thats a relief, I was wondering if you could, thankx =)

1337Beeb
Oct 23, 2006, 09:56 AM
Cast.

Better Hunter.

Nano blast looks silly.

1337Beeb
Oct 23, 2006, 09:56 AM
Cast.

Better Hunter.

Nano blast looks silly.