PDA

View Full Version : PSU Strategy guide

Zeizen
Oct 23, 2006, 12:25 PM
Hey everyone just looked at the PSU strategy guide and I thought I would post my opinion on it. I found that it is pretty much useless as 90% of it covers the offline RPG. Theres really no detailed Item Lists or Synthesis List. As far as covering PM's it covers the basics. Like raising it and such. In the Network Mode section It covers the missions and gives some "Tactics". Meseta and Mission Point rewards for RANK S on the 3 difficulties C, B, and A are listed.

So in the end my opinon is if the offline RPG is hard, which I highly doubt, I wouldn't recommend picking it up.

Battra
Oct 23, 2006, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll save my $20 then. ^_^v

DarkShadowX
Oct 23, 2006, 12:27 PM
Thx but what about them purty pictures? are they purty?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkShadowX on 2006-10-23 10:27 ]</font>

SephYuyX
Oct 23, 2006, 12:28 PM
I wonder why people would still bother to buy strat guides these days.

Google is such a hard thing to learn.

Weak
Oct 23, 2006, 12:28 PM
Strategy Guides are almost never worth it.

BrandonBa2
Oct 23, 2006, 12:29 PM
People still buy guides o.o

Zeizen
Oct 23, 2006, 12:30 PM
As far as the purty pictures from what I saw they were so-so nothing really eye catching.

Battra
Oct 23, 2006, 12:32 PM
I tend to buy guides when I buy a Japanese game. Having all the info in front of me in English can usually be quite handy.

But..that's about it.

parabolee
Oct 23, 2006, 12:39 PM
Guides can be very usefull in certain games. Like PSU especially, but it would require drop lists, Synthesis List's and guides and thingsd like this, also information on character stats and max levels ect. You could find all that info online (eventually) but it's nice to have in hand while playing and a nice collectable for those of us who are big fans.

SephYuyX
Oct 23, 2006, 12:42 PM
On 2006-10-23 10:39, parabolee wrote:
Guides can be very usefull in certain games. Like PSU especially, but it would require drop lists, Synthesis List's and guides and thingsd like this, also information on character stats and max levels ect. You could find all that info online (eventually) but it's nice to have in hand while playing and a nice collectable for those of us who are big fans.

You can find most strat guides translated and ready to go before NA release on websites, or user made ones on gamefags and ign.

Battra
Oct 23, 2006, 12:45 PM
On 2006-10-23 10:39, parabolee wrote:

On the PSO games, we used the guides mainly for maps. Then we also printed FAQs, Drop lists, etc and put them all in a three ring binder. This worked out REALLY well. And then we updated them on a regular basis. We also did this for FFXI.

Mikesnav
Oct 23, 2006, 12:52 PM
There was a fantastic, big-ass guide for PSO. (which I never bought)
Had charts for mags, stat increase depending on level/class, maps, and crap like that.

Wish there was one for PSU.

VioletSkye
Oct 23, 2006, 01:46 PM
I usually like buying the strategy guide simply for the artwork and just to thumb through for fun. If it's anything like the "Perfect" guides for PSO, it will pretty much be worthless as Zeizen mentioned, but it may be interesting to browse through http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Akaimizu
Oct 23, 2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah. It seems the "Perfect" guides follow the Bandai Gundam rules system. In that universe, "Perfect" is never Perfect.

DoubleJG
Oct 23, 2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

PLURSprout
Oct 23, 2006, 09:07 PM
Honestly, if you're going to buy a strategy guide, these days you just about have to learn japanese and import one, american guides are so useless these days. (and for the record, my versus PSO ver.1 perfect guide really isn't that bad, the only thing it doesn't cover is online quests, but other than that it has a lot of info for on and offline)

But seriously, American guides suck these days, get one from japan, you'll find the people are obsessive about getting the most info about a game. Or at the very least a suplimentary art book @_@

Sevenfold
Oct 23, 2006, 09:08 PM
Cant say Im suprised really.

DjDragoon
Oct 23, 2006, 11:19 PM
I usually buy a guide for quick reference so I don't have to go to the comp to look up an item if I'm gonna trade with someone. If this one is as bad as previously mentioned, then I'll wait for someone to come out with a better one. I don't see how it can be as worthless as the free soundtrack. That was just dissapointing, even for being free.

PLURSprout
Oct 23, 2006, 11:27 PM
hehehe, Yeah, I've listened to the music on the soundtrack, it was nothing to make me want to run and preorder the game.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 24, 2006, 12:32 AM
The only strategy guide I've ever bought was the SF:Anniversary Collection one with bonus soundtrack, on discount, months after its release.

Lots of nice info, help making it from top tournament players, and tons of artwork.

Thanks for the heads up on the guide as well.

Getintothegame
Oct 24, 2006, 01:02 AM
I'll probably buy it only for the poster anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ronin1of47
Oct 24, 2006, 04:23 AM
any of you guys play Elder scrolls Oblivion... the guide to that was right on... and hell if im shelling out 60 bills for a game i aint missing a damn thing ... not one single hidden box of items of monster to kill