PDA

View Full Version : S rank weapons

RamenEater
Oct 23, 2006, 12:50 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?forum=14&topic=122575

The only difference between ranks are the weapons you can use? Have there been any S rank weapons found in the game yet? Especially for knuckles because it will be my weapon of choice.

Can someone counter my argument in the link, because if there isnt one then my post http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?forum=4&topic=122568

shouldn't have been moved.

Rizen
Oct 23, 2006, 12:55 PM
Im at school right now but Im just going to answer something for you right quick.

S Ranks arent out online yet so nothing really can be said about them other than the offline stats.

The only real difference between S Rank and A Rank weapons is the PP and ATP/ATA rates are higher

And also if you would have took the time to scroll down the page you would have saw this topic (http://) about the viewer. You have to use a hack which is illegal to post on this forum. You can use the viewer that was posted in the sticky topic for some time.

Have a good day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Edit: Took out link http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif forgot that I was on a proxy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-23 11:33 ]</font>

RamenEater
Oct 23, 2006, 01:00 PM
So then all model viewers for any game is illegal yea?

Realmz
Oct 23, 2006, 01:02 PM
technically since it is a seperate program that reads the data of the game (wow, psu, FFXI ect) and the ToS or EULA forbids that, then yes, i think so

RamenEater
Oct 23, 2006, 01:06 PM
Ah i c, so even if there was a model viewer out, PSOW will never have an artwork sections that condone the use of it. =/

SephYuyX
Oct 23, 2006, 01:07 PM
Its not a hard concept.. anything other then offical SEGA programs that do anything to any of the files related to PSU is agaisnt the ToS. 'Technically' even looking in the install folder is a no-no.

But this is a stupid violation and it cant be proven that a user has used such a program, and im sure after awhile it will be excepted here as the FFXI and WoW viewers have elsewhere.

RamenEater
Oct 23, 2006, 01:07 PM
Hmm what about fraps to take video's of gaming? Cause alot of people do that.

Kyuu
Oct 23, 2006, 01:08 PM
If it's against the ToS/EULA, then it's illegal and isn't allowed to be posted about here. Taking screenshots and making sigs isn't forbidden, as demonstrated by the fact that the game itself supports taking screenshots and even nicely puts them in a folder for you.

I haven't read the ToS/EULA, but I'd guess that using model viewers to export copyrighted data out of the game (models, textures, etc.) is probably not allowed.

Look, the mods have decided it's not allowed, and making threads to try and argue with them isn't going to help. If you think you have a valid argument, PM them and calmly and rationally explain why you think they're wrong. Not that any of this really has to do with S-rank weapons.

Realmz
Oct 23, 2006, 01:09 PM
Fraps doesn't acess any data, it simply records.

Jozon
Oct 23, 2006, 01:10 PM
fraps doesn't modify any data, it just records what you do

RamenEater
Oct 23, 2006, 01:11 PM
Oh I'm calm, it's just that this can never be discussed in any other part of the forums because no one goes there.

And plus isnt fraps a 3rd party tool? Unless ToS never mentioned using a 3rd party tool is illegal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RamenEater on 2006-10-23 11:13 ]</font>

SephYuyX
Oct 23, 2006, 01:14 PM
In the Fraps case.. I dunno about PSU, but for FFXI any program used to take screenshots other then the official in game function is agaisnt ToS. It must be resized to the proper resolution, have the copyright stamp (both done with the ingame function) and must be extracted via POL, there is no other 'legal' way. In fact, ANY program running at the same time as FFXI is agaisnt the ToS.

Though no one has ever followed that rule either.
Nor will anyone in this game.

SP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-10-23 11:17 ]</font>

Kyuu
Oct 23, 2006, 01:15 PM
As posted two times in a row just previously, Fraps doesn't access and export any data. It simply records video/audio output.

Realmz
Oct 23, 2006, 01:19 PM
any TOS or EULA that ié seen ahs said that 3rd party programs that access the program data (hacks, bots) are illegal, and again since fraps doesn't do this, then you should be able to use it.

then again i've yet to see SoE ban people for making movies with fraps given SephirothYuyX not so well enforced rule

Scirrocco
Oct 23, 2006, 01:35 PM
On 2006-10-23 11:14, SephirothYuyX wrote:
In fact, ANY program running at the same time as FFXI is agaisnt the ToS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-10-23 11:17 ]</font>

Wait, isn't windows a program?

Nayte
Oct 23, 2006, 01:38 PM
If you want to be real anal about it, yes it is a program. But good luck playing PSU without an operating system.