PDA

View Full Version : Answer to: When will stores have it?

Miphesto
Oct 23, 2006, 01:59 PM
it will be shipped via fedex, and it will arrive on the 24th...arrival times/dates may vary by your location, but in my area, my store will be getting it tomorrow around 11am....because that's when fedex comes.

i cant 'guarantee' your store will have it at a certain time...but this answer is 99% accurate... i'd bet my paycheck on it

Kyuu
Oct 23, 2006, 02:01 PM
Three questions:

1) You work at EB/Gamestop right?
2) What is your area?
3) Just to clarify, you're saying your store is getting its shipment at 11am on the 24th?

Ryoten
Oct 23, 2006, 02:03 PM
Like whta Kyuu said, what area are you in? I'm in the EST so it my be a little different when my pre-order copy gets here.

Miphesto
Oct 23, 2006, 02:04 PM
west coast, wal mart....fedex hits us before gamestop and ebgames in my area...but likely the gaming stores will have it available for sale sooner on the shelf...if u wish to purchase from wal mart, you'll have to ask for it, and pry, because noone is gonna know wtf ur talking about

BigKevSexyMan
Oct 23, 2006, 02:10 PM
I just called my local EBgames, and they said that they'll have it tommorrow(24th).

Bleemo
Oct 23, 2006, 02:13 PM
I think this needs to stop being discussed and everyone just be patient. Another day won't hurt; just find something to occupy yourself with.

The key fact is: each store will have the copy soon. It may be on release date, it may not be. Do research on your own stores around you and stop posting on the forums about them, getting everyone all confused. If you can't get it on the release date, waiting another day won't hurt you.

Miphesto
Oct 23, 2006, 02:14 PM
this game, like MANY is shipping from the manufacturer, it just got picked up from thier building this morning, there is NO WAY that your local gamestore has it....it's impossible. u cant tell a lie to someone who knows so much about the business...saying your getting it tonight is an invitation to get flamed, because it's a BS lie. FFS game stores dont even have the STRATEGY GUIDE yet....i'm just going to disregard your ignorant comments....

ryuartyi
Oct 23, 2006, 02:15 PM
I just found out that the store that I'm getting it from (Gamestop :: WI) will have it on sale on Wednesday at 1:00 pm.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 23, 2006, 02:15 PM
I drove to 5 Wal Marts just now, and here's what I found out by order of store...

1. We won't be getting that game.
2. We'll get it on the 31st.
3. Is this a Star wars game, sir? Oh, "Ph" not "Fa"... hmm. Nope. I don't see it on our list.
4. I don't know what we get. The warehouse just ships us stuff.
5. Oh, the final Fantasy Game will come out the 31st of this month. Shall I place it on reserve?

OK, soon as I get a second wind i'm going to nail as many Gamestops and EBgames as I can.

JaiBlue
Oct 23, 2006, 02:17 PM
look the games are here, he calls the pre orders customers tonight for them to be picked up, I don't know how they got here and I frankly don't care. End of story.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 23, 2006, 02:19 PM
On 2006-10-23 12:17, JaiBlue wrote:
look the games are here, he calls the pre orders customers tonight for them to be picked up, I don't know how they got here and I frankly don't care. End of story.

Post a picture with you flipping us off with your copy or it didn't happen.

Rina
Oct 23, 2006, 02:19 PM
On 2006-10-23 12:13, Bleemo wrote:
I think this needs to stop being discussed and everyone just be patient. Another day won't hurt; just find something to occupy yourself with.

The key fact is: each store will have the copy soon. It may be on release date, it may not be. Do research on your own stores around you and stop posting on the forums about them, getting everyone all confused. If you can't get it on the release date, waiting another day won't hurt you.

I agree.

Bleemo
Oct 23, 2006, 02:20 PM
On 2006-10-23 12:15, Garnet_Moon wrote:
I drove to 5 Wal Marts just now, and here's what I found out by order of store...

3. Is this a Star wars game, sir? Oh, "Ph" not "Fa"... hmm. Nope. I don't see it on our list.
5. Oh, the final Fantasy Game will come out the 31st of this month. Shall I place it on reserve?

OK, soon as I get a second wind i'm going to nail as many Gamestops and EBgames as I can.

Numbers 1, 2, and 4 happened EXACTLY as the way you listed them when I called my three local Walmarts. This is why I hate asking Walmarts for games.

Flamingo99
Oct 23, 2006, 02:24 PM
Isn't Japan ahead of us time wise? Its already 4:22 AM Tuesday, Oct 24th (I'm in EST tme) on their calendar. So... technically the games have already shipped, and will hopefully reach NA by tomorrow.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 23, 2006, 02:24 PM
def post a pic when you get it. if not then no need to continue to try to defend yourself.

Chimeria
Oct 23, 2006, 02:25 PM
I called my local gamestop today and asked if it would be shipped or will it arrive tomorrow. They said that it was shipped today and will be IN THE STORE TOMORROW! I can't wait. I'm going to get it as soon as i get out of classes tomorrow...I guess i wont be studying for that exam...

JaiBlue
Oct 23, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-10-23 12:24, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
def post a pic when you get it. if not then no need to continue to try to defend yourself.

agrreed, I'll stop posting here, I don't own a webcam so this is my last post on the matter.

Eviltaru
Oct 23, 2006, 02:27 PM
just called at my local Ebgames they say the game Phantasy Star Universe on PS2/360 to be on sale 24th but the PC will hit store the 25th ... for the peeps in Canada, I called Futureshop as well they say the game will be available in store on the 24th ... so anyway I guess it will probably hit most store on the 24th at latest 25-26th !

anyway, you won't die without having the PSU a day earlier or a day later... anyway I got this game pre-order @ gamestop.com so they'll ship it to me whenever is available.

Weak
Oct 23, 2006, 02:28 PM
On 2006-10-23 12:26, JaiBlue wrote:

On 2006-10-23 12:24, Alpha-Hunter wrote:

agrreed, I'll stop posting here, I don't own a webcam so this is my last post on the matter.

Tomorrow, you can do a print screen of the installation process, and then people will believe you. (Of course, this all depends on the version. If it's 360 then there's a way also.)

Otherwise we'll chuckle and wait for the release the next day or whenever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weak on 2006-10-23 12:29 ]</font>

Katachi
Oct 23, 2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah Wal Mart's a bust now. We went to two local ones today, (both of which weren't 24 hour) and they said "PSU on the 24th, but we always get our video game shipments 2 days late"

Went to Best Buy to pick up a new tv stand and used a manager's login to check the street date and shipping status of PSU. Still inbound, no copies recieved, and the street date for BB is the 25th, which means they don't get put out until then.

This is Sega's way of stabbing us in the leg ONE MORE TIME after delaying the game so many times. >___<

UltimateChi
Oct 23, 2006, 02:37 PM
i work at best buy n ours is still n box we got it 2day

Rina
Oct 23, 2006, 02:38 PM
Everyone is so impatient lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

UltimateChi
Oct 23, 2006, 02:38 PM
i work at best buy n ours is still n box we got it 2day

Mike
Oct 23, 2006, 02:55 PM
On 2006-10-23 12:38, Rina wrote:
Everyone is so impatient lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That's because we want the game now.

Riddler
Oct 23, 2006, 03:01 PM
Gamestop manager said they'll have it Wednesday.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 23, 2006, 03:02 PM
Called every gamestop, babages, gamecrazy, etc in the Houston area. All are saying wednesday. Oh well. At least I know the registration servers will be up by then, right?

...right? >.>

Katachi
Oct 23, 2006, 03:02 PM
I have today and Wed off, so I don't mind driving around and calling places to see who's got it. At least this way, everyone else won't be driving to a Wal Mart an hour away at midnight tonight, only to be disappointed. That, or calling in sick tomorrow, but unable to find a copy, thus wasting your sick day early.

Be safe and plan to call in sick wed instead of tues, We've already CONFIRMED that Best Buy, Wal Mart, EB, and Gamestop won't have it available for sale until Wed. Go to school tomorrow, call in sick wed.

SolKyoshiro
Oct 23, 2006, 03:05 PM
Jai is lying out his ASS.

No gamestop/eb will EVER sell you the game legally a day before ship date. Its illegal to sell any game before its ship date. The minute they scan the game to sell, it will get flagged by corporate gamestop and someone will be getting fined and probably fired.

I know this for a fact, have worked at GS for 3 years now.

Odds are most people will not get it till Wednesday. Its really all about when the manafacture ships it. Some games arrive early ( Half-life 2 was in stores 3-4 days before release for example) but most don't. The main thing is if u get a phone call. No phone call tonight means no game tomorrow.

Rina
Oct 23, 2006, 03:07 PM
On 2006-10-23 13:02, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Called every gamestop, babages, gamecrazy, etc in the Houston area. All are saying wednesday. Oh well. At least I know the registration servers will be up by then, right?

...right? >.>

I really hope so lol.... ; ; (Hopes the servers don't have same problem as japanese servers did.)

Rina
Oct 23, 2006, 03:30 PM
Called just now (I'm in Southern California) EB has it Wednsday.

Ithecih0
Oct 23, 2006, 03:30 PM
i just called my EB here in PEI, Canada and the guy said that PSU wasn't releaseing in Canada till the 25th, then i called Futureshop and the guy sound pretty sketchy and said they would have a couple copys in on tuesday.

CherryLunar
Oct 23, 2006, 03:41 PM
I'm not going to bother to call. I mean... They're supposed to call you, right?

jarek99
Oct 23, 2006, 04:08 PM
Most people will be waiting till Wednesday. I called a few local stores and they all gave me the exact same line: "Its in transit Tuesday. It will be here on Wednesday". Whatever. Its just one more day. Suck it up and wait.

-Break-
Oct 23, 2006, 04:10 PM
I'm closing at GS on Tuesday, so if I don't get it then I'll jsut pick it up the next day. No big deal.

BrandonBa2
Oct 23, 2006, 04:12 PM
Does it matter when you get the game? It's not like the servers will be up for a couple days.

physic
Oct 23, 2006, 04:23 PM
actually they really should have the server up tmr, the 24th if they say the adventure starts the 24th, is even possible they are already up with no one playing

Mez_Psu
Oct 23, 2006, 04:46 PM
Hrm, I just noticed on the Gamestop/Ebgames website that the 360 version shipping date is now 10/25 while the other versions dates remain 10/24. I hope the 360 version didn't get delayed a day.

Here's the link:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B200176A

Valkayree
Oct 23, 2006, 04:48 PM
On 2006-10-23 12:15, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Lol, sounds like my average day shopping for games at Wal-Mart...

Rekitheforce
Oct 23, 2006, 05:03 PM
My Eb Games is supposed to get it Wednesday.

Wallin
Oct 23, 2006, 05:14 PM
My EBGames is on the east coast, so we never get anything until the day after the shipping date, so it'll be Wednesday for me. Sighhhhh... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Inu_Shadi
Oct 23, 2006, 05:17 PM
I just called my GameStop, Minneapolis MN

"We will be getting it shipped sometime tomorrow so it should be on sale on the 25th"

Ri0T
Oct 23, 2006, 05:20 PM
On 2006-10-23 12:14, Miphesto wrote:
this game, like MANY is shipping from the manufacturer, it just got picked up from thier building this morning, there is NO WAY that your local gamestore has it....it's impossible. u cant tell a lie to someone who knows so much about the business...saying your getting it tonight is an invitation to get flamed, because it's a BS lie. FFS game stores dont even have the STRATEGY GUIDE yet....i'm just going to disregard your ignorant comments....

How do you know that what you know is the truth? If your answer is "I work at Gamestop" I am going to laugh my ass off.

Someone else already said that another store had it as well. For all we know either one of you could be telling the truth... or lying.

Rekitheforce
Oct 23, 2006, 05:23 PM
Let's not turn this into a flamefest. If someone says that they have it a little bit earlier then someone else, who cares? We'll all get the game eventually...

anmato145
Oct 23, 2006, 05:24 PM
wow still arguing over release date?

Rekitheforce
Oct 23, 2006, 05:30 PM
On 2006-10-23 15:24, anmato145 wrote:
wow still arguing over release date?

Not at all... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tahldon
Oct 23, 2006, 06:18 PM
One day... is all I've to wait... One day.. and all my dreams shall come true... One day.. and I shall forfiet my social life.. any potential girlfriends.. all booze parties...

One day... and Phantasy Star Universe comes out.. Two nights.. I'll be laying in bed staring up at the ceiling with anticipation.. 2 Nights of sheer agony..

Wednesday... Hump Day... PSU day...!!!

I called Gamestop (I thought I was calling EB), and they said it'd be out for US (Clarksville TN Area) on Wednesday! Ha haaah! Feel sorry for the rest of you poor suckers! XD

Sonic646
Oct 23, 2006, 06:46 PM
for what it's worth, I called my local walmart today and ended up with somone who actually sounded like they didnt drop out of high school. I asked if they had Phantasy Star Universe. He said all he saw was eps 1&2. I asked if he could look it up on his computer. He said at 12:01 tonight they will be able to sell it because they get all of their shipments early so they can hit launch date. I didnt expect him to say that. I next called the ebgames across the street from walmart. He said I'll be able to pick it up after noon tomorrow. I live in Rochester, NY and will be getting it tomorrow hopefully. AND HEY MORON WHO KEEPS SAYING ITS IN JAPAN: NO WAY. They're probably all cooped up at Gamestop warehouses and the like. My copy of Dead Rising was made in Mexico ahaha I found that humorous.

mattdude
Oct 23, 2006, 06:51 PM
On 2006-10-23 13:41, CherryLunar wrote:
I'm not going to bother to call. I mean... They're supposed to call you, right?

yeah they are supposed to... have you got a call yet? I have'nt

ProfessorZ
Oct 23, 2006, 07:00 PM
So its settled? Fedex = Tomorrow, UPS = Wednesday?

Pikku
Oct 23, 2006, 07:11 PM
The place where I reserved it said Wednesday (I just called).
Looks like Im going to be getting the PC version tomorrow while I wait the extra day.

Pikku
Oct 23, 2006, 07:34 PM
I just checked Gamestop website (Thats where I reserved it) The site say all of them on the 24th but the 360 said the 25th...
Seeing that I wont be playing on the 360 I wonder if the guy think I meant 360....

Tystys
Oct 23, 2006, 07:35 PM
I thought it was more along the lines of a east/west coast thing. Those living on the West coast will get the game in on shipping day and since we're farther away on the east coast, we'll get it the next day

Sonic646
Oct 23, 2006, 08:18 PM
See now my same EB Games says it ships tomorrow and comes in Wednesday. Go figure. I guess if Walmart has it then I'm good.