PDA

View Full Version : Regarding shipping and time (videogamesplus)

Pixels
Oct 23, 2006, 02:00 PM
Was just wondering if anyone had any experience (preferably swedish people) of videogamesplus shipping times? Do you think I will get my PSU game before this weekend (i live in Sweden) or will i have to wait like 10+ days :S?

DangerMuse
Oct 23, 2006, 02:14 PM
I'm not sure, but keep hearing good things about them from different people. I chose to go with them this time, because of the general reccommendations on these boards.

I think somone mentioned that it usually takes less than a week via international shipping, which is pretty good.

They also offer DHL express delivery (courier) but you have to specify that in your order. Either way, it shouldn't take too long to reach central Europe (I'm ordering from the UK).

Pixels
Oct 23, 2006, 02:17 PM
Oh that sounds good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Thanks for the reply.

Mikaga
Oct 23, 2006, 02:26 PM
The EU/AU Import Topic (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121037&forum=20&14) has a bunch of users ordering from VideoGamesPlus, some of whom are semi-regular customers of the site.

Possibly the most informative reply comes from Callous: "I've ordered several times, and it's been about 4-5 business days. I feel quite hopeful about getting it Friday or Saturday with normal shipping."

According to an e-mail response to drakkula sending them an e-mail, the "normal way" (as opposed to their DHL courier service) "could arrive quick as usaul (4-7 days)".

There is also talk about said courier service - costing $29.99. The claim is that the order will take 3-4 business days (mentioned separately a few times in the topic) but according to a few customers and friends-of-customers, the order is almost/definitely guaranteed to be caught by customs and then slapped with a bunch of import-based purchase taxes. According to others, it's safe and VideoGamesPlus mark all DHL orders so that these crazy taxes do not apply.

In short, DHL seems like a bit of a gamble on top of being $30 more expensive, though it seems to save 1-2 days at very least so long as it doesn't get caught by customs, in which case you will probably need to go to your nearest sorting office.