PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I haven't played any PS games, and I'd like to get some

Durkan
Oct 23, 2006, 02:37 PM
I want to either be a fortegunner or a guntecher, I have been doing a lot of research (most of it on PSU Pedia or w/e it's called) and saw beasts have the best attack but worst accuracy. I wanted to be a beast but now wonder, will the be good fortegunners and guntechers?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Durkan on 2006-10-23 12:37 ]</font>

Sizzors
Oct 23, 2006, 02:38 PM
Why are people so worried about this?

MoonSblaise
Oct 23, 2006, 02:38 PM
<rolls eyes>

Durkan
Oct 23, 2006, 02:42 PM
Cause I don't want to have a crappy character. And trust me, in some RPGs, it does matter what race you are to the best damage.

Sizzors
Oct 23, 2006, 02:46 PM
On 2006-10-23 12:42, Durkan wrote:
Cause I don't want to have a crappy character. And trust me, in some RPGs, it does matter what race you are to the best damage.

Yes I know, but for right now, you should experiment with characters when the game comes out. It seriously doesn't matter now and all you will get is tons of people telling you to be a Cast/Human/Newman/Beast Hunter/Ranger/Force. That means every combination, and most likely you will be unhappy with other peoples advice.

And also, even though you're stuck on being a beast (I think) people will still urge you to switch your race.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sizzors on 2006-10-23 12:47 ]</font>

Natrokos
Oct 23, 2006, 02:47 PM
There is no crappy character.....After playing the beta I have an even stronger stance on this....

The biggest flaw in a Beast gunner is that guns have an ata requirement that beasts have to level slightly higher to hit....It's not a big deal. I played with a Male Cast Force and he had horrific gear but was still doing pretty good.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 23, 2006, 02:50 PM
You'll only have frustration if you're new to the PS games if you go...

Beast: Force.
CAST: Force.
Human: You'll just be boring no matter what you choose. No cool ears and no metal body.
Newman: Hunter.

You won't be bogged down with trying to compete with people if you go...

Beast: Hunter.
CAST: Ranger or Hunter.
Human: Who cares. No cool ears, and no metal skin. Bo-ring.
Newman: Force or Ranger.

The frustration won't be too big, but it'll be enough to drive most rookies insane and/or psychotic. And Psychotic people with GUARDIAN lisences are bad news for the Rappy population.

NOTE: You may not even notice the starting handicaps on the class you choose that your race isn't initially as good as the others who are designed for it. Just go with what you want. If you lack in an attribute go shop for some equippable units to boost that attribute.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-23 12:52 ]</font>

Durkan
Oct 23, 2006, 02:51 PM
All right, guess I'll just wait and see how I like beast myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif