PDA

View Full Version : ATA Melee - is it really that needed

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 23, 2006, 03:36 PM
How are beasts on whiffing, any high lvl importers can tell if a beast fortehunter whiffs to much compared to a cast fortehunter at high lvls

No biggy if they do, ill just make a figunner and get a little boost on ATA but still have teh same melee skill and S rank melee weapons =/

BioWarrior
Oct 23, 2006, 03:41 PM
Just move behind the monsters to avoid the ATA problem, the back side of monsters is 100% accuracy.

SpishackCola
Oct 23, 2006, 03:42 PM
If you can.

Callous
Oct 23, 2006, 03:43 PM
I'd really like an answer to this, too. High level miss rate for Beasts. If it's more than 10%, I'm passing on beasts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2006-10-23 13:43 ]</font>

Flamingo99
Oct 23, 2006, 03:45 PM
On 2006-10-23 13:36, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
How are beasts on whiffing, any high lvl importers can tell if a beast fortehunter whiffs to much compared to a cast fortehunter at high lvls

No biggy if they do, ill just make a figunner and get a little boost on ATA but still have teh same melee skill and S rank melee weapons =/

when I played beast on the 360 beta, it was only using a handgun did I notice more zeros comming up. And even then, It wasn't zeros across the board. When I was using melee weapons, zeros came up every now and then, but It wasn't anything horrible. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-10-23 13:47 ]</font>

Kent
Oct 23, 2006, 03:46 PM
I know that, as my Human Hunter in the beta, the only times I'd miss often, were when I first started using Plasma Hit on my Handgun, and even then, usually only when I'm fighting in missions that are tougher than I should be in.

Stray_Mag
Oct 23, 2006, 03:49 PM
One thing to keep in mind is the astounding pace of this games battle engine. As compared to other games, let's go with FFXI, the battle engine required heavily on accuracy. People would pour their money into Sniper's Rings, Scorpion Harnesses, and Haubys due to their sheer ACC boosts. Why? Because if you were using a great weapon of dualwielding, another swing of the blade may not come along for another 4 seconds! PSU however relies on successive 3-6 hit combos. By fitting in that many hits within about 2 seconds, Accuracy isn't really a problem. As far as a 10% miss rate goes, that's missing only once about every 2 to 3 combos, which sounds pretty reasonable to me. But If you're truly concerned about Accuracy, grab a Force for the Buff.

ThisIsMyPanic
Oct 23, 2006, 03:56 PM
When I played a beast on the 360 beta, even with a handgun( which surprised me) though I did see a few zero's now and then, overall it was really nothing to worry about.

I believe that using quick/ dual melee weapons makes up for any loss in damage from the whiffing anyway( though as I said, I saw little of it). I used Knuckles and had no worries about the zero's what so ever.

Callous
Oct 23, 2006, 03:58 PM
I should probably play PSU a bit before I decide. Right now I'm going by PSO, where missing just one hit of a combo meant there was a good chance you'd be sprawled on the ground the next second. This was especially annoying to me when entering a new difficulty level with like a FOmar. Drove me insane. Maybe this is different in PSU.

Kent
Oct 23, 2006, 04:11 PM
From what I can tell, really, you needn't worry about ATA much, unless you're a brute with no grasp of combat tactics.

Or you're going into a higher rank mission, the instant you're able to (which, in most cases, will prove quite a challenge, unless you have more appropriately-levelled partners).

EnixBelmont
Oct 23, 2006, 04:31 PM
I posted this on gamefaqs from my experience with extra mode:

Casts are much better most of the time. ATA really does make a difference. The difference in damage that Beasts do compared to casts is insignifigant since they will often miss(even if they miss 1/5 strikes, if the cast hit on all 5 of those, the cast will do more damage overall.) You could attack from the back, but that takes longer, and in the time you get in back the cast could have already hit it a few times from the front. Although this matters less in a group with someone distracting the enemies. They have about equal staying power.

Remember, you have to consider, mags are gone, so you can't use an ATA mag to make up the difference. And units are specialized according to slots, and only one slot is used for ATA and ATP boosting. Where Beasts will put an ATA unit, a cast could easily put an ATP unit, which most likely raises it more due to the lower max on ATA.

All that said, Nanoblast is incredible, and it makes SUV weapons look like ****. It doesn't take up a unit slot(like SUV weapons), it has great versatility, being able to specialize in Speed, Power, defense, etc., it lasts longer from what I have seen, and you generally do far more damage.

In other words, without nanoblasts considered,

Casts > Beasts

Considering Nanoblasts,

Beasts = Casts.

Provided, this is from my experience with a level 51 cast hunter and a level 34 beast hunter. Before I decided I like cast better, I trained them pretty equally.

Bu really, it's a matter of preference. But if you don't use Nanoblast the beast is pretty much worse, IMO.

The cast is at 63 now. If I had to guess the hit ratio for both, I hit about 7/10 with the beast, and 9/10 with the cast. Just an estimate, with no ATA+ items on either.

Callous
Oct 23, 2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks, Kent. That's the kind of info I was looking for. I like to go for the higher levels a.s.a.p.

Vhex
Oct 23, 2006, 04:35 PM
ATA isn't that important if you use the correct weapons. Most Tenora Works items give great ATA boosts, and equipting a HIT unit helps compensate as well. And its not so bad getting a few zeros if you use fast multi-combo weapons such as twin daggers, especially when your attacks deal major damage when they hit.

EnixBelmont
Oct 23, 2006, 04:37 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:35, Vhex wrote:
ATA isn't that important if you use the correct weapons. Most Tenora Works items give great ATA boosts, and equipting a HIT unit helps compensate as well. And its not so bad getting a few zeros if you use fast multi-combo weapons such as twin daggers, especially when your attacks deal major damage when they hit.

That's true. I was using the beast weapons with both my cast and beast, so that probably had something to do with it.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 23, 2006, 04:44 PM
Well all i care about is online mode and i heard stats and crap and mobs change alot on there

And btw for the guys who didnt know Bullets have a greater chance to miss than PA's, to balance out the fact that rangers have huge ATA, and if they didnt miss more theyd never miss even on things 15 levels over them lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-23 14:46 ]</font>

EnixBelmont
Oct 23, 2006, 04:49 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:44, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Well all i care about is online mode and i heard stats and crap and mobs change alot on there

Obviously. I just assumed that extra mode was going to be very similar to online. It doesn't really make too much sense for it to change drastically, especially when extra mode stats are much higher.