PDA

View Full Version : Does TP affect support Technics?

Tage
Oct 23, 2006, 03:38 PM
Simple question, does TP (Technic Power) affect support Technics?

Randomness
Oct 23, 2006, 03:40 PM
Isn't the stat Technic ATTACK Power?

But I'd assume it would, but then, having never touched the game, I'd have no clue.

Ether
Oct 23, 2006, 03:42 PM
Right now, all signs point to no for the buff and debuff spells, but its hard to know for sure since you cannot see your buffed stats, unlike PSO

Resta, yes. More TP makes you heal more

Kent
Oct 23, 2006, 03:44 PM
On 2006-10-23 13:40, Randomness wrote:

But I'd assume it would, but then, having never touched the game, I'd have no clue.

In the NA version, it's officially called TP.

Tage
Oct 23, 2006, 03:45 PM
On 2006-10-23 13:40, Randomness wrote:

I think it's called Technic Power now. I went to PSUpedia and searched for TAP and it redirected me to TP, so yeah I'm not 100% sure either.

On 2006-10-23 13:42, Ether wrote:
Right now, all signs point to no for the buff and debuff spells, but its hard to know for sure since you cannot see your buffed stats, unlike PSO

Resta, yes. More TP makes you heal more

Alright thanks for the info Ether.

Randomness
Oct 23, 2006, 03:46 PM
Well, I stand corrected then, I guess.

JaiBlue
Oct 23, 2006, 03:54 PM
OK I'm offically confused now, I thought the ability to cast technics depended on how much pp a weapon had. if thats the case what the hell is tp for?

Akaimizu
Oct 23, 2006, 04:01 PM
PP is sort of like the Mana you have, per weapon. The other is actually a stat that affects HOW effective or powerful that technique is, for that level. So let's say a person with Foie, of the same level, and with the same exact weapon as another person.

If person 1 has a higher Technique Power than the other, then the same Foie spell will do more damage. However, it'll cost the same amount of PP from your weapon, to cast. And if you don't have enough PP left to cast it, you have to wait until you get it back.

However, I would expect that it would affect all techniques that aren't some off/on switch. Support Techniques (while not currently online) have both an amount of which it raises or lowers a stat temporarily, and it also has a duration. I'd expect it would affect one, or both of those aspects.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-23 14:03 ]</font>

Kent
Oct 23, 2006, 04:04 PM
Look at it this way:

ATP (Attack Power) is to normal attacks, as TP (Technique Power) is to Techniques. It's a stat that determines damage, basically.

PP (Photon Points) are a measurement of the energy a weapon has. All Photon Arts use PP from your currently-equipped weapon. With Wands and Rods, casting a Technique uses PP of the weapon you're using. Ranged weapons use PP as ammunition. Melee weapons use PP to do special attacks (called Skills).

MST is also a stat, it's used as technique defense, basically.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2006-10-23 14:05 ]</font>

JaiBlue
Oct 23, 2006, 04:04 PM
oh so the "mst" of pso became "tp" and the "mp" became "pp"

Xx3of19xX
Oct 23, 2006, 04:06 PM
On 2006-10-23 13:54, JaiBlue wrote:
OK I'm offically confused now, I thought the ability to cast technics depended on how much pp a weapon had. if thats the case what the hell is tp for?

PSO:
TP -> Technique Points = "Mana"
MST -> Mental Strength = "Spell Power"

PSU:
PP -> Photon Points = "Mana"
TP -> TECHNICS Power = "Spell Power"
MST -> Mental Strength = "Spell Resistance"

Clyde
Why did they even change the TAP (Technique Attack Power) to TP (Technique Power) its just going to confuse people when they play forces theyll be looking for a non-existent TP bar when its not that same as PSO. Someone tell me why they changed it?

chewydawg
whats the real difference between ranger and force they both use pp like its magic or something so wats the distinct difference? (sry for off topic question i just thought you guys would now) and to get on topic i'm pretty sure tp is tap

JaiBlue
Oct 23, 2006, 04:07 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:06, Xx3of19xX wrote:

On 2006-10-23 13:54, JaiBlue wrote:

PSO:
TP -> Technique Points = "Mana"
MST -> Mental Strength = "Spell Power"

PSU:
PP -> Photon Points = "Mana"
TP -> TECHNICS Power = "Spell Power"
MST -> Mental Strength = "Spell Resistance"

ok this 1 cleared up a lot thanks.

Kent
Oct 23, 2006, 04:08 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:06, Clyde wrote:
Why did they even change the TAP (Technique Attack Power) to TP (Technique Power) its just going to confuse people when they play forces theyll be looking for a non-existent TP bar when its not that same as PSO. Someone tell me why they changed it?

Same reason they changed PSO's "Anti" to "Reverser" in PSU.

JaiBlue
Oct 23, 2006, 04:11 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:08, Kent wrote:

On 2006-10-23 14:06, Clyde wrote:

Same reason they changed PSO's "Anti" to "Reverser" in PSU.

THEY DID WHAT!!!

Kent
Oct 23, 2006, 04:12 PM
"Reverser" is a technique that removes status effects now.

Conversely, "Giresta" will revive people, as well as put a Regen effect on them.

Akaimizu
Oct 23, 2006, 04:14 PM
Hehe. I'm going to love how people react to the altered Technique names. But you'll get used to them. They are, in fact, more align with regular Phantasy Star (pre-PSO) conventions. Hopefully, this is what they stick with, from here on out.

chewydawg
Oct 23, 2006, 04:14 PM
someone answer me!!! whats the difference between a rangers "ammunition" and a forces "mana"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chewydawg on 2006-10-23 14:15 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Oct 23, 2006, 04:17 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:14, chewydawg wrote:
someone answer whats the difference between a rangers "ammunition" and a forces "mana"

They are one and the same, for the different ways ammunition and techniques work.

The weapon itself is like technology that utilizes some ability of the user in using said technique. I don't think the ammunition uses techniques, but it's effective use or chance to trigger is probably more to an accurracy stat, than anything. (The thing which also helps in how often you crit with a ranged weapon). It's like using technology to invent the aspect of *elemental enchanted* bullets.

I'll probably get even more chances to experiment, with this one. I'll have to watch closely as my Ranger becomes a GunTecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-23 14:21 ]</font>

rayis
Oct 23, 2006, 04:33 PM
The fact that they made so many changes leads me to believe that Sonic Team really took the PS series seriously this time around. Hopefully the change will be for the better. Actually isnt it funny how PSU seems alot like Phantasy Star 4?(Fav Classic RPG of all time) where as PSO seemed alot like Phantasy Star 3... i think Sonic Team is going somewhere with this....and...I LIKE IT!

Mikaga
Oct 23, 2006, 04:51 PM
Hehe. I'm going to love how people react to the altered Technique names. But you'll get used to them. They are, in fact, more align with regular Phantasy Star (pre-PSO) conventions.
Say that again?

"Anti" has been the status recovery (well, at least poison removal, back when it was pretty much the only status effect) since Phantasy Star II.

"Rever(ser)" similar. Rolf and Amy learned that resurrection technique in PSII. In the JP-only "Generations" remake, Amy even got the special move "Na-Reverser" which revived with full HP.

"Gires(ta)" is in Phantasy Star II onwards, but it's a healing spell. Basically a more potent version of Res(ta). There's also Nares(ta) - classic series used "Na" instead of "Ra" for third-tier spells - in II onwards. In Online the entire Res(ta) family was cut to the initial spell, and it was powered up stupidly.

In addition Shift(a) was in II (Anna had it), as was Deban(d) (Amy and the Snow Crown), both performing the same roles as in PSO. Those are to allegedly be renamed for Universe too.

As far as I can see, Universe has done *nothing* but muck around with the technique names that have been traditional to the series of series for well over a decade.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikaga on 2006-10-23 14:55 ]</font>