PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm Screenshots?

Wheatpenny
Oct 23, 2006, 04:07 PM
I looked at all the post to see if anyone has touched base on this yet,got a interesting question.Is PSU for any platform going to have a built in screenshot capability like FFXI or will we have to go the ol' digital camera on the television route?

JaiBlue
Oct 23, 2006, 04:10 PM
PSU Pc had a screenshot feature, as for the ps2 and 360 digital cameras will do.

Randomness
Oct 23, 2006, 04:10 PM
PC version, PrintScreen key. Don't think theres any PC games that doesnt work in.

lostinseganet
Oct 23, 2006, 04:11 PM
For the PC version maybe print screen. All others use a video capture card.

Akaimizu
Oct 23, 2006, 04:12 PM
Yep. The PC gets away with this, because technically, the game can't really avoid that. It's an OS-related feature that simply works. And PSU defaults to windowed mode, and I don't believe I've ever seen a windowed anything refuse the might of Print-screen. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kou-Diacyper
Oct 23, 2006, 04:22 PM
There's an actual built in option, so you just get the game window screenshot.

Zeizen
Oct 23, 2006, 04:22 PM
FRAPS? Yes or No?

Kent
Oct 23, 2006, 04:26 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:12, Akaimizu wrote:
Yep. The PC gets away with this, because technically, the game can't really avoid that. It's an OS-related feature that simply works.

Try that in FFXI. Doesn't quite work that way - certain OS features can be disabled in a program, should it be coded correctly. For example, FFXI has the Print Screen function disabled, as well as the Windows key (because people were accidentally hitting it, and the game crashing thusly).

lostinseganet
Oct 23, 2006, 04:26 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:22, Kou-Diacyper wrote:
There's an actual built in option, so you just get the game window screenshot.

Nice does it omit the HUD?

Wheatpenny
Oct 23, 2006, 04:32 PM
Woo hoo hoo hooooo looks like I need to charge the camera then.TY guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Diablohead
Oct 23, 2006, 04:33 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:26, Kent wrote:

Yep. The PC gets away with this, because technically, the game can't really avoid that. It's an OS-related feature that simply works.

Try that in FFXI. Doesn't quite work that way - certain OS features can be disabled in a program, should it be coded correctly. For example, FFXI has the Print Screen function disabled, as well as the Windows key (because people were accidentally hitting it, and the game crashing thusly).

Theres alot of small apps out there that on hitting print screen store the image in another way then how an OS might do so, something like that unless forcefully blocked by the games guard program, will work.

Eviltaru
Oct 23, 2006, 04:38 PM
FRAPS all the way =) Have fun!

Akaimizu
Oct 23, 2006, 05:34 PM

You might be right on that one. Though I would guess, it would've been a different story if FFXI can be made to run in windowed mode. That's the mode in which I believe the game never can block. Unless, for some reason, the game decides to blank the screen whenever the window isn't the selected window.

Aaomi
Oct 23, 2006, 05:43 PM

I believe with FFXI simply hitting printscreen doesn't take a screen for the game file but you can open up paint and hit ctrl + V and a screenshot will still appear. (Not sure though it has been a really really long time since I played FFXI)