PDA

View Full Version : What race would be best suited for a Guntecher?

Nestahima
Oct 23, 2006, 04:35 PM
What race would be best suited for a Guntecher?

Granted, the Newman would be because of its high TP and second highest ATA, but I fear the lack of HP and ATP would be an annoyance to me.

I believe the human would probably do me the best, seeing as it is average at everything.

Cast is out because of its low TAP, though possible.

And Beasts... Just no.

Is my reasoning right, or should I rethink this?

JaiBlue
Oct 23, 2006, 04:37 PM
You know for whatever stats you generally lack in can be made up for with your PM.

Randomness
Oct 23, 2006, 04:37 PM
Well, lack of HP probably wouldnt matter as much if you were staying back, but the ATP might be an issue... I haven't played beta or anything, so...

EnixBelmont
Oct 23, 2006, 04:38 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:37, JaiBlue wrote:
You know for whatever stats you generally lack in can be made up for with your PM.

....No, no they can't.

Anyway, Human is the best.

Kent
Oct 23, 2006, 04:39 PM
I'm thinking Newman. They have pretty high ATA, EVP (good for when you run in to Resta people, I guess), and TP (should you nuke things... or something).

Of course, if you want to more or less ignore technique attacks and go for just support, you could manage as a Cast pretty well.

However, everything about Beasts... Kinda screams the antithesis of Guntecher.

Rizen
Oct 23, 2006, 04:39 PM
I'd probably say...Newman then Human.

Although Humans have better all-around stats, Newmans have two stats thats higher that matter most for Guntecher: ATA and TAP. If you are good enough to avoid being attacked, the HP difference shouldnt be a big deal. And as far as ATP, well, the SEs will make up for that.

Trinitystar
Oct 23, 2006, 04:40 PM
Im going Newmen Guntecher just seems the best way to go for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JaiBlue
Oct 23, 2006, 04:40 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:38, EnixBelmont wrote:

....No, no they can't.

Anyway, Human is the best.

Umm lemme guess their stat points have no effect on ours?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-10-23 14:41 ]</font>

Ether
Oct 23, 2006, 04:41 PM

My god, every time you post its wrong info. PM stats are for crafting only

Ontopic, Newman make the best Guntecher

Nestahima
Oct 23, 2006, 04:41 PM
Its definately a toss up between Human and Newman IMO.

JaiBlue
Oct 23, 2006, 04:42 PM
Well I never played beta I'm just putting clues together that aren't there >_>.

Kent
Oct 23, 2006, 04:45 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:42, JaiBlue wrote:

I wouldn't assume information about this game. Ask for it, and listen to the people that have it, instead.

Callous
Oct 23, 2006, 04:45 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:42, JaiBlue wrote:

So maybe stop doing that?

Shade-
Oct 23, 2006, 04:47 PM
its preference. My thought is that a Cast is clearly best, because thier primary stats, ATA and ATP are accented by a Cast, yes, casts TAP is lacking, but with a cap on techs at level 10, I feel that picking a Newman in order to make the techs more usefull is not a wise choice, condisering the sacrifice you make to the "gun" part of guntecher.

Nestahima
Oct 23, 2006, 04:50 PM
On 2006-10-23 14:47, Shade- wrote:
its preference. My thought is that a Cast is clearly best, because thier primary stats, ATA and ATP are accented by a Cast, yes, casts TAP is lacking, but with a cap on techs at level 10, I feel that picking a Newman in order to make the techs more usefull is not a wise choice, condisering the sacrifice you make to the "gun" part of guntecher.

Thats actually a really good thought. I completely forgot to look at the max level techs.

Ceresa
Oct 23, 2006, 04:51 PM
Cast

Lvl 10 techs means you're only going to be using support/debuff/resta anyways, you know, the TAP independent spells.

Might as well make your gun damage not suck.

Scallop
Oct 23, 2006, 04:55 PM
Play whatever you want. Don't let stats get in your way or whats the "best" race for a specified job.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 23, 2006, 04:56 PM
I can't believe I'm actually talking in this kind of racist stuff(I just posted in the who makes the best figunner thread, whats wrong with me?) but I would say that Humans and Casts aren't that bad, humans are average and the Cast's bad Force stats are cancelled out by their being a good ranger. Newmans may be the best cuz they are #1 force and #2 ranger and beasts not AS good AS everyone else. What the hell is wrong with me? Either way, pick what you like.

Mikaga
Oct 23, 2006, 05:05 PM
With a technic cap of 10, I have doubts attack techs are going to be the focus of Guntechers.

I get the idea any spells that are cast are more along the lines of simple restoration and support techs. The majority of these aren't affected by TP anyway, so Casts have a shoe in for this job class as well.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 23, 2006, 06:19 PM
Humans. They have no weakness in stats.

ProfessorZ
Oct 23, 2006, 07:04 PM
A Guntecher is basically a RAmar or RAmarl

Drown
Oct 23, 2006, 07:08 PM
I don't think there is a big enough difference to make one race drastically better.

Besides, pick something you like. Otherwise we will end up like WoW with all the "cookie-cutter" characters. Play what you like, and the game will be more fun for everyone.

Nani-chan
Oct 23, 2006, 07:23 PM
Rappy, they look best with twin handguns and crossbows.

Diablohead
Oct 23, 2006, 07:33 PM
I had doubts myself about newman guntecher, but another review helped me decide to stay with this choice myself also. The benefits I see are as follows:

HP: D EVP: A
ATP: D END: A
DFP: C TAP: A
ATA: B MST: A

Evasion power is A, this is good when it comes to enemy attack, Tech power is A so when it comes to that resta healing spell it should give a fair bit even at level 10, MST is also high so if something throws a tech at you it's not going to hurt as much as much.

Downpoints have to be the HP and def, but hey we are rangers thus range is our game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also from beta experiance I have to say mechguns when using a high PA and good accuracy = damage galore.

*EDIT*

IF you like to know, my second call was going to be a human instead of newman, if you want quick stats for human:

HP: C EVP: B
ATP: C END: A
DFP: B TAP: B
ATA: C MST: B

Attack power isnt much higher compared to newman and the accuracy is dropped, evasion is still nice though and of course humans will take a little more damage with techs.

I personally will stay with newman.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Diablohead on 2006-10-23 17:35 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Oct 23, 2006, 08:39 PM
I personally recommend CASTs, as crazy as it sounds. While CASTs do lask TP, Guntechers are not built around magic; it's just a little extra tidbit to complement the Twin Handguns. Also, CASTs have more ATA and an SUV. Truly amazing.

If you're using a Guntecher for the techs, I strongly question your sanity.

Diablohead
Oct 23, 2006, 08:40 PM
Cast is a good, but also common choice. something I myself would want to avoid.

Also, casts have no defense rates so they get hit by most attacks, though to not as much damage as a newman, its depends what you prefer.

Durkan
Oct 23, 2006, 08:50 PM
I think im going Beast