PDA

View Full Version : What will be the most overplayed race?

Nestahima
Oct 23, 2006, 05:13 PM
What will be the most overplayed race?

Callous
Oct 23, 2006, 05:14 PM
I'm thinking Casts, closely followed by Newmans.

EnixBelmont
Casts or Humans, with Newman not far behind.

Scallop
expect to see a lot of humanoid casts flying around.

Caydence
Oct 23, 2006, 05:15 PM
we already established that it was casts and newmans.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 23, 2006, 05:16 PM
I think it'll be Casts, seems like their higher ATA and the fact that they can now use techs may be a turn on, as well as how cool you can make them look.

Trinitystar
Oct 23, 2006, 05:16 PM
Casts or Humans

Ri0T
Oct 23, 2006, 05:17 PM
I'm guessing the whole nanoblast thing will probably be popular. Moreso Beasts than Casts, since Beasts actually transform.

voxie
Oct 23, 2006, 05:18 PM
Casts! The beta was overflowing with them!

Not that I'm saying it was annoying or anything - they are so interesting to look at! The anatomy and all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Rekitheforce
Oct 23, 2006, 05:19 PM
I would have to say Casts. For their new looks, and tech-using.

Kireek101
Oct 23, 2006, 05:19 PM
haha looks like i'll be switching races then XD

JaiBlue
Oct 23, 2006, 05:21 PM
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1358146

Kent
Oct 23, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-10-23 15:19, Rekitheforce wrote:
I would have to say Casts. For their new looks, and tech-using.

Eh? How many Casts do you really think will be partially or completely Force-types?

According to what I've seen on the beta, Casts and Beasts were most common, because they have special abilities. Humans after them, and Newmen in last, because people only seemed to play as Newmen if they were going to be Forces.

Tycho
Oct 23, 2006, 05:45 PM
I thought Beasts would get played quite a lot. This thread already pretty much proved me wrong though. ^ ^;

Akaimizu
Oct 23, 2006, 05:51 PM
There was another poll that was similar. It started off with Beasts, but as the poll went further, they became a minority. Needless to say, I was as shocked as you are.

Ryoga4523
Oct 23, 2006, 05:54 PM
I am shocked... I would have thought beast would be higher than newmans.

Aaomi
Oct 23, 2006, 05:54 PM
I'm going to be playing a Beast ^.^

Aside from that I don't really care what race everyone else plays http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hustler_One
Oct 23, 2006, 05:57 PM
Cast. No doupt.

Then prolly Humans, then Beasts, followed up by Newman, who, as someone else already stated this, people only seem to want to play when they are making a force (Im speaking majority wise)

Im breaking the boundries, im gonna be a Newman fortefighter.... why? because I have a long standing tradition of making gimps my first time around in a game, and this looks like an ideal way to carry on that tradition.

Seriously tho, casts will be WAY overpopulated.

physic
Oct 23, 2006, 05:57 PM
beast lack of ata prolly scare people, im guessig cast will win out

Dahilia
Oct 23, 2006, 06:18 PM
I seriously thought humans or newmans would be overplayed since more people could, uh, relate to them.

BioWarrior
Oct 23, 2006, 06:19 PM
In every single game its ALWAYS humans that win the majority, though at first it may be casts.

Flunky
Oct 23, 2006, 06:24 PM
I'm betting bucketloads of beasts, at least initially.

A lot of folks are only going to think 'Wow! Giant beast form! SIGN ME UP!!!!!'... this is my impression from the 360 time, at least.

Close second? Casts. Why? 'Wow! Giant guns! SIGN ME UP!!!!!'...

Over time it should even out, though. I'm going with a cast, I've always like the RAcast's look and it can be pretty much emulated in a cast still. Darned humanoid casts, stealing the limelight...

Sexy_Raine
Oct 23, 2006, 06:27 PM
Cast and humans because they seem newb friendly, not a negative comment mind you.

Newmans will only be forces, that's my predicaton. Hardcore players only.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-10-23 16:29 ]</font>

Rurisho
Oct 23, 2006, 06:29 PM
I reckon it might be surprising depending on how the storyline of the main campaign turns out. For example, if Beasts are made out to be super ultra badasses.. Well.. I wouldn't be shocked if they became the dominant race.

BlueDagger
Oct 23, 2006, 06:30 PM
Casts will be overplayed, but there not going to be as annoying as the twelve-year-olds(that haven't ever played a PS game before.... Okay, well I haven't either besides PSO, but atleast I researched the story a little http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) playing humans that look just like Ethan!!

Dahilia
Oct 23, 2006, 06:37 PM
White haired human named Sephiroth 4tw

Neith
Oct 23, 2006, 06:38 PM
Good to know I'm the minority ;o

Beast here, kinda amazed they're not more popular.

Sleet_v2
Oct 23, 2006, 06:54 PM
Beast Female named Mikalla. I love sexy bad-ass biotches.

Sharkyland
Oct 23, 2006, 06:55 PM
On 2006-10-23 15:18, voxie wrote:
Casts! The beta was overflowing with them!

Not that I'm saying it was annoying or anything - they are so interesting to look at! The anatomy and all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Hmm, I saw more human males more than casts...

---

So far I have a newman f (Pink Mag), human f (Amethyst), and beast f (Seriri)

cripes the SUVs are strong >.< Beasts would probably be better if you could heal besides only attack (I chose attack up, damn lvl 19 and doing 190-231 if I hit and also depending on the points I hit... need Heavenly arm and that accuracy up item)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2006-10-23 16:58 ]</font>

Hustler_One
Oct 23, 2006, 06:58 PM
On 2006-10-23 16:27, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Cast and humans because they seem newb friendly, not a negative comment mind you.

Newmans will only be forces, that's my predicaton. Hardcore players only.

See my post >>

chewydawg
Oct 23, 2006, 07:03 PM
i'm 99.999999999999999999999........% sure that its gonna be cast and humans i mean who's gonna be in a race that was in slavery not to long ago (beast remind me of segrgation http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) and i dont even need to say anything about newmans....

Drown
Oct 23, 2006, 07:04 PM
Looks like this game has a chance of becoming an equal opportunity game. I would personally like to see lots of everything.

I would have to say that a lot of people will want to be "killbots," however.

BrandonBa2
Oct 23, 2006, 07:06 PM
I really don't know what to play as http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I always get so picky while making characters.

Kismet
Oct 23, 2006, 07:07 PM
I was thinking maybe casts and beast most likely, since newmans are considered 'weak' and some people claim that since they're humans irl why should they pay to play one but I think that's really BS.

DreamLocke
Oct 23, 2006, 07:10 PM
I'm suprised too at the lack of beasts...hardly saw any on the beta. I played a cast, mostly, but my second guy before the wipe was a beast. I like warrior types on MMOs and gunz on PSO.

Yeah, there were a lot of autobots and decepticons on the beta.

Midicronica
Oct 23, 2006, 07:23 PM
Based on what I saw on the X360 beta, I'd say Beast Hunters will probably overplayed.

AnamanaAU
Oct 23, 2006, 07:28 PM
Casts & Beasts, for their SUV/Nanoblast.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 23, 2006, 07:29 PM
...well it looks like i'm not gonna have trouble leveling Resta as a FOnewearl.

Seriously. If you guys take too much damage or do it on purpose i'm just gonna watch you die.

_dd_
Oct 23, 2006, 07:46 PM
No doubt, and also none of that 'HEAL ME!' crap - you better say please, and thank me -if- I heal you -_-

-BK-
Oct 23, 2006, 07:50 PM
I figured on beasts mostly because they're new; kind of a novelty to the series. Personally, I just like rolling as a cast.

Tystys
Oct 23, 2006, 07:50 PM
I saw quite a lot of CASTs/Newmans when I was playing, O_O.

_dd_
Oct 23, 2006, 07:54 PM
During the 360 Beta, I saw Casts non-stop, and Humans non-stop... , and beasts every once and a while, but (thankfully) Newmans barely appeared at all.(I'd know, because I was a Force, and hated playing with other forces, but thank god only about 1/6 games would have 1 force) Even if I did find a force in a game, it would be the only force in that game...

(forces don't usually like to play with other forces I guess ;S)

kirinano
Oct 23, 2006, 08:02 PM
This is sort of funny. Some people are saying they saw a ton of Beast Hunters in the 360 beta (like Shadow_Moses) and quite a few people are saying they hardly saying any beasts at all (like DreamLocke).

I'm actually kind of glad to see the two races I'm most interested in (beast and newmen) seem to be the least popular!

ThisIsMyPanic
Oct 23, 2006, 08:03 PM
At first I thought beasts, but I saw more casts than anything on the beta, and few beasts to begin with.

kirinano
Oct 23, 2006, 08:06 PM
On 2006-10-23 15:57, Hustler_One wrote:
Im breaking the boundries, im gonna be a Newman fortefighter.... why? because I have a long standing tradition of making gimps my first time around in a game, and this looks like an ideal way to carry on that tradition.

This post made me grin.

Good luck, Hustler! I like your attitude.

I'm eventually gonna make a newearl hunter, too (with the goal of getting up to wartecher with her). First, though, I'm going to concentrate on having the lowest melee ATA in the game (f beast hu).

See you later. If you want to play just look for the person that keeps WHIFFing all the time.

PaladinRPG
Oct 23, 2006, 08:23 PM
On 2006-10-23 18:06, kirinano wrote:
This post made me grin.

Good luck, Hustler! I like your attitude.

I'm eventually gonna make a newearl hunter, too (with the goal of getting up to wartecher with her). First, though, I'm going to concentrate on having the lowest melee ATA in the game (f beast hu).

See you later. If you want to play just look for the person that keeps WHIFFing all the time.

Female Beast Hunter was probably going to be my first character build, too.

FenixStryk
Oct 23, 2006, 08:23 PM
Likely CASTs, since they're great rangers AND great hunters, not to mention they look cool and have SUVs.
Of course, I won't be changing because people copy me. I'll just to have to be a bit original with the details.