PDA

View Full Version : DVD

Dangerous55
Oct 23, 2006, 07:29 PM
I have no friggin DVD-Drive in my computer. SO I guess I can't install it. Anyway, do they have a download of it and just buy the online liscence?

BrandonBa2
Oct 23, 2006, 07:30 PM
The Japanese version of the game does in fact have a download. Seems no one knows about the English version having a downloadable version or not sadly.

Dr_Lantis
Oct 23, 2006, 07:30 PM
I don't think they would have it for download, so I guess you would need to buy a drive or re-think your options.

P.S. It's been a while Mr. 55

Sleet_v2
Oct 23, 2006, 07:31 PM
Hi again Dangerous : )

Garnet_Moon
Oct 23, 2006, 07:32 PM
DVD drives are only $10 at Comp Usa. You don't need a DVD R/w, just get a plain one and be done with it. You'll thank yourself later when you decide to get any other PC games released after this year.

I'm sure they are much cheaper if you get it used from some place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-23 17:33 ]</font>

Tystys
Oct 23, 2006, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how the prices go, but trust me, once you get a DVD drive, you'll be set for quite some time with other games.

BrandonBa2
Oct 23, 2006, 07:33 PM
On 2006-10-23 17:32, Garnet_Moon wrote:
DVD drives are only $10 at Comp Usa. You don't need a DVD R/w, just get a plain one and be done with it. You'll thank yourself later when you decide to get any other PC games released after this year.

It also saves on the amount of discs you get with a game. Everquest 2 came with 6 or 9 but the DVD version had 2 which saved a lot of time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SeAm-NiNjA
Oct 23, 2006, 07:35 PM
you remind me of my friend his DVD drive is broken but unlike you he hates PSU so hahahahaha for him LOL

Dangerous55
Oct 23, 2006, 07:36 PM
Hello everyone!

I probably will make a trip to Best Buy or Staples. I need one for Oblivion also.

Money is a problem.

Thanks all!

Tystys
Oct 23, 2006, 07:38 PM
You could wait for a while. I'm pretty sure that they'll add a download to the site SOONER or later, XD

BrandonBa2
Oct 23, 2006, 07:41 PM
Wow! I rarley see computers that can run Oblivion not have a dvd drive. I wish I could get into Oblivion, it's just to big and to "omg omg omg" overwhelming for me.

Dangerous55
Oct 23, 2006, 07:48 PM
On 2006-10-23 17:41, BrandonBa2 wrote:
Wow! I rarley see computers that can run Oblivion not have a dvd drive. I wish I could get into Oblivion, it's just to big and to "omg omg omg" overwhelming for me.

I don't know if it can, probably, albeit poorly. I can always return it.

I figured I would have had a DVD Drive. I had orginially thought it was a DVD drive because the Device Type says DVD/CD-rom drives. But I do not know.

BioWarrior
Oct 23, 2006, 08:26 PM
On 2006-10-23 17:48, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2006-10-23 17:41, BrandonBa2 wrote:

I don't know if it can, probably, albeit poorly. I can always return it.

I figured I would have had a DVD Drive. I had orginially thought it was a DVD drive because the Device Type says DVD/CD-rom drives. But I do not know.

If you buy a PC game then don't buy it from best buy they wont let you return it, only exchange it, and when you exchange it they open it up at the store so you can't return it.

Invisible1122
Oct 23, 2006, 08:34 PM
Go to this : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx
It'll tell you if you can run a game or not.(Oblivion is up there, not sure about PSU)

Miyoko
Oct 23, 2006, 08:40 PM
I lack a DVD rom also (mine's never worked). But, I've setup my brothers machine on our network so I can remotely access his DVDrom drive. Hopefully, I'll be able to install it with that method.

If not... Uhm, ISO ripping ftw! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tystys
Oct 23, 2006, 08:42 PM
That is genius, Miyo!(The whole Networking thing XD)

Dangerous55
Oct 23, 2006, 08:50 PM
On 2006-10-23 18:34, Invisible1122 wrote:
Go to this : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx
It'll tell you if you can run a game or not.(Oblivion is up there, not sure about PSU)

Hmm.

That tells me this.

Windows XP Game Advisor requires the use of the Windows 98/ME/2000/XP operating system and the Internet Explorer 6 browser.

I have both, but use Mozilla and it did the same thing with IE. Lame.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 23, 2006, 09:08 PM
are there even computers capable of running PSU that dont have a DVD drive?

Ithecih0
Oct 23, 2006, 09:08 PM
you could just spend the 50$ and upgrade your compuer with a DVD-ROM or even a DVD-RW

Miyoko
Oct 23, 2006, 09:13 PM
are there even computers capable of running PSU that dont have a DVD drive? *Raises hand*

Also, Ithecih0, for some of us, unstalling a new DVD-Rom can be a very, very big hassle. I myself have a microcase, and I've installed a new video card, and more ram in it, and let me tell you, it was a -nightmare-. I refuse to get a new DVDrom for my PC unless I ABSOLUTELY MUST -- It's a lot of work to install something like that for some of us. I myself, would practically have to take my entire computer apart to be able to install it. Of course, I could take it in someplace to get it installed, but that would cost money as well, and quite frankly, I don't really want to pay 150+$ to play one game.

Dangerous55
Oct 23, 2006, 11:02 PM
On 2006-10-23 19:08, Ithecih0 wrote:
you could just spend the 50$ and upgrade your compuer with a DVD-ROM or even a DVD-RW

I thought they could be had for like 10 bucks. And how hard are these guys to install?

Kurushii
Oct 23, 2006, 11:08 PM
very easy. pop the front plate for the drive spot you want it in. Slide the drive in. Screw the sides, making sure the drive is aligned correctly (may be different depending on case style). Find a unused power cable from the power supply inside to plug into the drive. Take the drive cable and plug one end into the back of the drive and the other into the motherboard. Close up case, and power on. Make sure to set your bios to add it on the list. Windows should detect it at start. Basic and easy job.

Dangerous55
Oct 24, 2006, 01:11 AM
Set my bios...hmmm, what?

AnnabellaRenee87
Oct 24, 2006, 02:42 AM
On 2006-10-23 17:29, Dangerous55 wrote:
I have no friggin DVD-Drive in my computer. SO I guess I can't install it. Anyway, do they have a download of it and just buy the online liscence?

just go to your local wal-mart and get a DVD drive for like $30 shees ya can get them on ebay for like $5 ($10 shiped)

otakuP7
Oct 24, 2006, 03:09 AM
If all you need is a cd key to actually install the game I suggest this.....Go buy the game to get the cd key, then torrent the game ISO and install off a virtual Drive.