PDA

View Full Version : Couldnt play Psu on beta could i on retail?

Cornhole
Oct 23, 2006, 08:33 PM
hey i couldnt play psu on beta because of the stupid server maintenance thing that alot of people got.

would i be able to play it on retail version? i dont want to buy a game i cant even play

Garnet_Moon
Oct 23, 2006, 08:35 PM
Retail will work. The beta had to be modified with glitch after bug after exploit to be download friendly. Rest assured, PSU retail will work on the xbox 360.

Kismet
Oct 23, 2006, 08:37 PM
On 2006-10-23 18:33, Cornhole wrote:
hey i couldnt play psu on beta because of the stupid server maintenance thing that alot of people got.

would i be able to play it on retail version? i dont want to buy a game i cant even play

What kind of question is that? XD

Hahaha...- NO!

NEXT~!

Phalynx
Oct 23, 2006, 08:43 PM
They are actually releasing an unplayabe game, you probably shouldnt waste your money.

FenixStryk
Oct 23, 2006, 08:45 PM
On 2006-10-23 18:43, Phalynx wrote:
They are actually releasing an unplayabe game, you probably shouldnt waste your money.Be careful with the sarcasm, someone might believe you. =]
Anyway, the game will be much more stable. Don't lose sleep over it.

Phalynx
Oct 23, 2006, 08:46 PM
On 2006-10-23 18:45, FenixStryk wrote:

They are actually releasing an unplayabe game, you probably shouldnt waste your money.Be careful with the sarcasm, someone might believe you. =]
Anyway, the game will be much more stable. Don't lose sleep over it.

I can always hope right? hehe

McLaughlin
Oct 23, 2006, 08:49 PM
...What? It'll be fine. All the data is being wiped, so even if your data was locked, it was all erased, so there's nothing for the game to lock you out of.

February
Oct 23, 2006, 08:50 PM
Best user name ever

Divanti
Oct 23, 2006, 08:53 PM
Well, if it's the same "server maintenence" problem I encountered the first couple days, you may need to tweak some stuff. First off, I don't know if your problem was the same, or completely different, from mine so I'll describe what happened to me.

The first couple days, every time I went to play the beta, a message would pop up that I could not connect to the PSU servers and that this might possible be due to "server maintenence." If that was your problem, read on...

In doing a Connection Test for Xbox Live, I discovered that the NAT settings for my router was 'moderate.' This is the last test your 360 will perform while testing the connection btw. What I found was that while if these settings are 'strict' or 'moderate' you may connect to Live with no problems, it may interfere with connecting to certain game sessions. I found that once I connected my cable modem directly to my 360 I could get connected to the PSU beta at any time I chose.

Now, as you can imagine, plugging and unplugging things every time I wanted to play got quite annoying. My computer was no longer connected to the Internet, and since I have Vonage, I no longer had a home phone for the duration I was playing PSU. I couldn't have my girlfriend bugging me every five minutes because she couldn't get on myspace while I played, so obviously something had to be done. A little snooping around showed me I could get into the settings for the router and cause the NAT settings to be 'open.' On mine I did this by enabling Universal Plug and Play.

So, to make a long story short, I don't know if this is similar to what you experienced, but if so, that's how I fixed it. I'm no computer expert or anything, but I can usually figure stuff out if I screw with stuff for a while. So if that is your problem, I have no idea how to tweak your home network, but at least you'll know where the problem lies.

Tystys
Oct 23, 2006, 08:54 PM
They are actually releasing an unplayabe game, you probably shouldnt waste your money.

Oh the sarcasm is killing me on the inside

Sizzors
Oct 23, 2006, 09:03 PM
I can always hope right? hehe

Yes, keep hoping, and some day it will work.

VoidAbsolute
Oct 23, 2006, 09:07 PM
On 2006-10-23 18:54, Tystys wrote:

Oh the sarcasm is killing me on the inside

sarcasm makes my spleen vomit

SpishackCola
Oct 23, 2006, 09:09 PM
I am The Great Cornholio! I need TP for my bunghole!

Tystys
Oct 23, 2006, 09:09 PM
That last post is going to send this topic to FKL, I can just feel it