PDA

View Full Version : Serious question about early release.

Grr
Oct 23, 2006, 08:50 PM
First off , this thread is not to debate when the game is going to be availible by all. Hopefully within a few days , everyone will have it and the people who got it the 24th will be as happy to have it as the EU who imported , or even the ones who waited for the Eu release. (although they will be waiting quite sometime from waht Ive herd , sorry guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

Now on to my problem.

Today is my one year with my siginificant other (go us !) and I took her out to dinner and gave her gifts and the like. When ask if she got me anything she responded with youll have to wait till midnight. when questioned futher she reavealed that it was in stock at the 24 hour walmart, BUT the man she talked to said to avoid fines and legal action he has to wait until the 24th to start selling them/putting them in his display case. (which is quite logical to be honoest , as those are some hefty fines)

But I have been hearing about users who go on the servers early getting perma -banned , which is the last thing I want , espcially if its a gift from me hun. Now , is midnight (EST) considered "early ?"

And if i am banned , is there anyway to contact segateam and let them know of the mistake and that im not some malicious person trying to damage the game in any way (in fact , the exact opposite , gimme Moderator status , thered be alot less people who make the game less enjoyable around >.>, although i dont think Id even mention that to them) and get my account back ?

now obviously no one knows because no one US side (save for importers) has gotten the game yet. but a hypothesis (educated guess) is more than welcome.

Thank you all (sorry for the long-ish post)
And I looked foward to PTing with anyone on the 360 version of the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-10-23 18:52 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Oct 23, 2006, 08:55 PM
If playsega ain't updated to take PSU account registration, you're too early and will be banned by Sega.

February
Oct 23, 2006, 08:58 PM
The reason they are going to ban people is to basically punish the stores that sold them too early. I Guess it's suppouse to make people say "Damn WalMart! They got me banned!" but whatever. Just play it offline to be safe untill the playsega reg site is up

Flunky
Oct 23, 2006, 08:58 PM
What Garnet_Moon said. Of course, you should be able to disconnect whatever platform you're playing it on from the internet and play the offline modes just fine.

Grr
Oct 23, 2006, 09:03 PM
Is there a way to tell when the registration servers are ready ?

Considering Guardians licenses are up for purchase in the XBL market >.>

hucast21
Oct 23, 2006, 09:04 PM
Double post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-10-23 19:08 ]</font>

hucast21
Oct 23, 2006, 09:05 PM
Play offline, problem solved. Go online on Wednesday or whenever the servers are up.

With all these posts about Walmart selling it in 2 hours, I might have the urge to see if it's true.

Sizzors
Oct 23, 2006, 09:08 PM
On 2006-10-23 18:58, Flunky wrote:
What Garnet_Moon said. Of course, you should be able to disconnect whatever platform you're playing it on from the internet and play the offline modes just fine.

Yes, but please make sure you have the internet cable unplugged. You will be f*cked if they catch you on Xbox Live playing PSU.

February
Oct 23, 2006, 09:11 PM
On 2006-10-23 19:03, Grr wrote:
Is there a way to tell when the registration servers are ready ?

Considering Guardians licenses are up for purchase in the XBL market >.>

playsega.com

Grr
Oct 23, 2006, 09:17 PM
My Xbox360 runs on wireless , so ill just pull the wireless card out before i start up.

EDIT : so i can still enjoy you fine people on the forums http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

As for segateam , ironically, PSO is its own unique category for support help , which i find funny considering its the only game with such honors (the other categories are whole consoles and things like repair)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-10-23 19:24 ]</font>

Flunky
Oct 23, 2006, 09:22 PM
Yes, but please make sure you have the internet cable unplugged. You will be f*cked if they catch you on Xbox Live playing PSU.

Yeah, I meant disconnect -physically-. I suppose I shoulda been a bit more detailed... I'm used to taking the ethernet cable out of my 360 to disconnect it since my dorm-room can only link one device to the network at a time. Mumble mumble mumble...

Edit: Whoops! Focused on the question, I did indeed forget to wish a happy anniversary. Good form, Coleosis.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flunky on 2006-10-23 19:25 ]</font>

Coleosis
Oct 23, 2006, 09:23 PM
Since no one else said so, congratulations on your anniversary http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Perhaps someone could answer this silly question for me, I'm going to school in Springfield MA and I plan on picking up my version of PSU for PC @ the local Gamestop here....is it probable that will have copies by 6:00PM ish at night the day of the release?

Sevenfold
Oct 23, 2006, 09:26 PM
It is a possibility, but its even LESS of a possibility of them giving to you until the next day. The reality of the gaming industry is there is a SHIPPING day and a RELEASE day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sevenfold on 2006-10-23 19:26 ]</font>

Coleosis
Oct 23, 2006, 09:30 PM
I see, well I can wait...I mean whats another day after all this time?
I just bought a 360 controller for my computer to actually be able to play this game comfortably today.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coleosis on 2006-10-23 19:30 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Oct 23, 2006, 09:30 PM
Dang, you have a nice significant other. Lucky. =p
Anyway, stick to Offline. Safer, and more interesting than playing alone in a party for 8 hours.