PDA

View Full Version : if your hole party dies....

hans4
Oct 23, 2006, 09:09 PM
online if everyone in your party is dead do you fail the mission?(becuse thats sorta stupid if a bunch of level like 5's go off and fight the dragon but keep coming back)

Nani-chan
Oct 23, 2006, 09:11 PM
people will leave the party, it happens.

hans4
Oct 23, 2006, 09:11 PM
?

FenixStryk
Oct 23, 2006, 09:13 PM
If my hole party dies, I'll have to find new holes to party with. =p
Anyway, the only loss here is that you get a horrid rank an might lose members because they now hate you. Go figure.

Ether
Oct 23, 2006, 09:14 PM
You can't fail a mission, everyone will end up in the lobby and be able to reenter as many times as needed

Also worth noting that bosses HP does not restore if everyone dies

Garnet_Moon
Oct 23, 2006, 09:14 PM
If everyone else in your party dies, even if you can take the remaining enemies, DIE WITH THEM. You have no idea how much drama you will set yourself up for if you are the lone survivor.

SpishackCola
Oct 23, 2006, 09:16 PM
Baby's mama drama over items!?! I'm so there!

hans4
Oct 23, 2006, 09:16 PM
well dats just stupid....where's the element of skill?

Garnet_Moon
Oct 23, 2006, 09:17 PM
On 2006-10-23 19:16, hans4 wrote:
well dats just stupid....where's the element of skill?

You can have all the skill in the world but it's useless when you get hit with Barta and then a Megid spam.

Nani-chan
Oct 23, 2006, 09:18 PM
? = explain my point more?

Well, from my experience in Beta was when the difficulty of a mission was to difficult to succeed everyone would disband in favor for a mission that would succeed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-10-23 19:19 ]</font>

SpishackCola
*Phil Kensebbin voice* haHA, Megid.

FenixStryk
On 2006-10-23 19:17, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-10-23 19:16, hans4 wrote:
well dats just stupid....where's the element of skill?You can have all the skill in the world but it's useless when you get hit with Barta and then a Megid spam.Enemies do that? ;-;

hans4
Oct 23, 2006, 09:19 PM
yay but u dont rly gain anything from getting a good rank exept alot more xp. but u dont get any rare wepon or anything if u get an s rank(in my oppion thats what they should do)

Grr
Oct 23, 2006, 09:22 PM
If your hole party dies ,

Perhaps you should find something better to have a party over than holes.

On topic : The more deaths that occur in parties , the lower rank and the less reward there is at the end of the actual mission. it is that reward that keeps people motivated to not die , becuase it involves meseta (MONEY) and rank points , which are need to advance your current class , so you can preform better in that class , OR to unlock new classes by progressing far enough

VoidAbsolute
Oct 23, 2006, 09:22 PM
Good lord.....the grammer....anyways, I've played alot of MMORPGs and yes people get quite pissed when your the lone survivor. Im prone to not dying in games since I can usualy tell when its time to retreat or fall back...

Zato-2TWO
Oct 23, 2006, 09:24 PM
So wait, if the party dies and you survive, all the deaths will count towards the rank. So then if the entire party dies including you, does the death toll reset?

SpishackCola
Oct 23, 2006, 09:26 PM
If nothing resets then...no, the toll doesn't reset.

Nani-chan
Oct 23, 2006, 09:27 PM
The point I was trying to make is that lots of items like scape dolls, mates, moon atomizers etc will probably be loss in the complete party wipe.

Many players will back out of that situation if they disagree with a leader who wants to try again.

SpishackCola
Oct 23, 2006, 09:28 PM
lol, or it could be like PSO where they die once and leave cause the went all hero and tried to take a room by themselves in the ruins...ah the memories of being one of the other 3 going "Uhhh, wtf was that?"

Trinitystar
Oct 23, 2006, 09:28 PM
On 2006-10-23 19:13, FenixStryk wrote:
If my hole party dies, I'll have to find new holes to party with. =p
Anyway, the only loss here is that you get a horrid rank an might lose members because they now hate you. Go figure.

lmao

hans4
Oct 23, 2006, 09:30 PM
still if u keep going you eventuly can get to level 60 even if u die 10 times each mission.....wait i just rememberd something....u have to be a certain level or higher to do some missions riggggght?

Grr
Oct 23, 2006, 09:35 PM
Yes to needing to being higher level to even start some missions

pkazama
Oct 23, 2006, 09:36 PM
sorry but what are "holes"? Is it the same as fillers? Someone who just fills in the remaining gaps in a party for a full party?

Zato-2TWO
Oct 23, 2006, 09:37 PM
But isn't the bulk of the EXP from the mission? I mean, if you wanted to just go around killing monsters, you could just drop down to the planet and grind like you're playing WoW or something, right?

Sevenfold
Oct 23, 2006, 09:38 PM
No

Chronosv2
Oct 23, 2006, 09:40 PM
On 2006-10-23 19:37, Zato-2TWO wrote:
But isn't the bulk of the EXP from the mission? I mean, if you wanted to just go around killing monsters, you could just drop down to the planet and grind like you're playing WoW or something, right?

Nope, no dropping to the planet questless like in PSO...or from what I've read.

hans4
Oct 23, 2006, 09:40 PM
On 2006-10-23 19:36, pkazama wrote:
sorry but what are "holes"? Is it the same as fillers? Someone who just fills in the remaining gaps in a party for a full party?

whole srry

Grr
Oct 23, 2006, 09:43 PM
No you cannot just keep killing monsters , the server saves monsters youve killed during the mission , so when you die and reenter the mission the monsters that were dead stay dead , unless you quit that mission and restart.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-10-23 19:44 ]</font>

Runaway
Oct 23, 2006, 09:51 PM
Not only that getting a bad mission rank leads to poor class exp, from what I've read. In turn this means you can be level 60 and have a crappy class level so while others are rocking out some S-ranks you'll be sitting there playing with yourself.

ProfessorZ
Oct 23, 2006, 09:53 PM
Thats why I like being party leader so I can kick noobs out or people who refuse to heal themselves

Nani-chan
Oct 23, 2006, 09:54 PM
In Beta, you can get 2-3 guarenteed mission points (for character levels) by soloing the lvl 1 and lvl 5 missions as long as you kill all the enemies. It's really easy to get exp and class exp.

VoidAbsolute
Oct 23, 2006, 09:54 PM
On 2006-10-23 19:51, Runaway wrote:
Not only that getting a bad mission rank leads to poor class exp, from what I've read. In turn this means you can be level 60 and have a crappy class level so while others are rocking out some S-ranks you'll be sitting there playing with yourself.

* laughing at the end of the comment*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VoidAbsolute on 2006-10-23 19:55 ]</font>

Tystys
Oct 23, 2006, 09:56 PM
If your whole part dies....just get back up and try again, O_O

NiteOwl
Oct 23, 2006, 10:12 PM
I was actually impressed by some of the people that I played with in the beta. They seemed to be really casual about deaths. As long as everyone was alive at the end (because of moons or scape dolls or whatever), they thought everyone did a great job. Now, maybe this'll change in the retail version, but I thought it was pretty cool. I like that kind of attitude. Sure, you could end up with no reward at the end, but next time, you'll do better. Hopefully.

Fleece
Oct 23, 2006, 10:17 PM
On 2006-10-23 19:22, VoidAbsolute wrote:
Good lord.....the grammer....anyways, I've played alot of MMORPGs and yes people get quite pissed when your the lone survivor. Im prone to not dying in games since I can usualy tell when its time to retreat or fall back...

So when your party starts to lose you pussy about and run off leaving your party to die like a f4g whilst shouting "OMFG n00bs I LIEK TLD YOU A WAS RETREATIN!!! IT WAS SO OBVIOOOS WE WAS GUNNA DIE!!!!"

Lol J/K

JaiBlue
Oct 23, 2006, 10:17 PM
On 2006-10-23 19:51, Runaway wrote:

Absolute reason why I cannot afford to have low levels in my partys.

Mazoku
Oct 23, 2006, 10:44 PM
On 2006-10-23 20:12, NiteOwl wrote:
I was actually impressed by some of the people that I played with in the beta. They seemed to be really casual about deaths. As long as everyone was alive at the end (because of moons or scape dolls or whatever), they thought everyone did a great job. Now, maybe this'll change in the retail version, but I thought it was pretty cool. I like that kind of attitude. Sure, you could end up with no reward at the end, but next time, you'll do better. Hopefully.

I can see where you're coming from with this but at the same time it concerns me. I don't think I ever killed a boss without at least 3 deaths. I can't tell you how many times I was the last person standing against the Omagoug (sp?). I'm thinking I might have to solo bosses to get mission points. I do want to get an expert class within a reasonable amount of time...

Phalynx
Oct 23, 2006, 10:46 PM
On 2006-10-23 20:44, Mazoku wrote:

On 2006-10-23 20:12, NiteOwl wrote:

I can see where you're coming from with this but at the same time it concerns me. I don't think I ever killed a boss without at least 3 deaths. I can't tell you how many times I was the last person standing against the Omagoug (sp?). I'm thinking I might have to solo bosses to get mission points. I do want to get an expert class within a reasonable amount of time...

You just got lucky both of those times! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mazoku
Oct 23, 2006, 10:50 PM
On 2006-10-23 20:46, Phalynx wrote:
You just got lucky both of those times! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LOL, I wasn't specifically referring to that time. That was our first time fighting it and we didn't know its pattern. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Seriously, I think I was in about 6 groups fighting it and the best any of the parties did was 6 deaths.