PDA

View Full Version : -IMPORTANT- GameStop Corporate E-mail: "PSU delayed."

Zero9teen
Oct 23, 2006, 11:31 PM
As you know, I work at Gamestop, and while this news may have already surfaced, it seems PSU has been "delayed by the vendor," and copies won't reach stores until Thursday.

This is widespread across all GameStops and EBGames stores, and affects all platforms (since no specific SKU was mentioned).

Since it was delayed by the vendor themself (i.e. SEGA distributors), I'd think that this will change shipment to ALL stores to Wednesday. Don't quote me on this, though.

Anyway...yes, it's very sad news, and I'll keep you updated. Tomorrow I'll print out the e-mail for you all to see (the PSU part at least).

KazuKun
Oct 23, 2006, 11:31 PM
So wait...this applies to all versions of PSU? Not just the 360 version?

Nash
Oct 23, 2006, 11:32 PM
I thought it was just the 360 one.

Oh well, we'll find out soon enough.

Nilot
Oct 23, 2006, 11:32 PM
Figures......... everytime.......

Poesghost
Oct 23, 2006, 11:34 PM
Well if that's the case then i'm sorry. I'll have to get mine at wal mart or best buy tomorrow. I have to have this game. I've even been calling the wal marts here to see if they were going to sell it a midnight. But with no luck.

Stixx
Oct 23, 2006, 11:36 PM
I didn't know EB/Gamestop sent out corporate emails this late at night o.o;

Nash
Oct 23, 2006, 11:37 PM
The Gamestop site has the 360 one down as a day after PC/PS2, so at the moment I'm assuming it's just that one.

BlueDagger
On 2006-10-23 21:36, Stixx wrote:
I didn't know EB/Gamestop sent out corporate emails this late at night o.o;

I think this is fake... You can't trust people with Ethen in their avatar... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garnet_Moon
On 2006-10-23 21:31, Zero9teen wrote:
As you know, I work at Gamestop, and while this news may have already surfaced, it seems PSU has been "delayed by the vendor," and copies won't reach stores until Thursday.

This is widespread across all GameStops and EBGames stores, and affects all platforms (since no specific SKU was mentioned).

Since it was delayed by the vendor themself (i.e. SEGA distributors), I'd think that this will change shipment to ALL stores to Wednesday. Don't quote me on this, though.

Anyway...yes, it's very sad news, and I'll keep you updated. Tomorrow I'll print out the e-mail for you all to see (the PSU part at least).

Post a link or it never happened.

-Break-
Oct 23, 2006, 11:38 PM
I'd cancel my pre-order and get it somewhere else but I work there and I just started >.<

Merumeru
Oct 23, 2006, 11:40 PM
XD say it aint so, o say it aint so -faint-

February
Oct 23, 2006, 11:41 PM
I wasn't told that when I asked about it at Gamestop today. They said at the latest it will be in Wednesday.

pkazama
Oct 23, 2006, 11:42 PM
HE LIES, he wants first dibs on his game haha.
Well so far ther eis no specification on the PC/PS2 port only the Xbox which is for the 25th

Auronp
Oct 23, 2006, 11:42 PM
From what I've heard it's only the 360 version thats delayed. I dont understand why they would ship out to like every other store except gamestop/eb games.

Nilot
Oct 23, 2006, 11:44 PM
True... but stilll.............. /sniffle even if it IS fake, it would be the utmost of horrible things to do, especially the hour after the countdown (for me neway)

Kontra_Bandit
Oct 23, 2006, 11:45 PM
The official website still says the 24th...

RSmiroldo
Oct 23, 2006, 11:50 PM
I just don't understand why the delay would only be one day and only for the xbox 360 I'm kinda pissed because I put a full reserve on it at my local gamestop but as for the guy who says he works there is there any reason only one of the systems would have a one day lag on the release. It would make more logical sense to me if this hold up on the 360 version was a little longer than a day.

VoidAbsolute
Oct 23, 2006, 11:50 PM
nooooooo....according to the http://www.gamestop.com/Default.asp the game now ships on the 25th....

DoubleJG
Oct 23, 2006, 11:51 PM
I just called my Gamestop, spoke to the manager, he said shipping date is tomorrow, in stores 25th, 100%. HOWEVER, I live in Cali and our Sega HQ is up in San Fransisco, so we're quite close. They also just could've not gotten the message yet. But as of now, I'm expecting it Wed. If it gets pushed back till Thursday however, Sega can kiss my @$$ for making us all wait so long XD

EDIT : I'm refering to PS2/PC, unsure of 360.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DoubleJG3288 on 2006-10-23 21:54 ]</font>

KazuKun
Oct 23, 2006, 11:51 PM
If you go to the PC and the PS2's individual pages, they still say the 24th.

RSmiroldo
Oct 23, 2006, 11:52 PM
I'll certainly be contacting my gamestop in the morning.

Zero9teen
Oct 23, 2006, 11:52 PM
A- Of course the e-mail wasn't sent out just now...it arrived in stores earlier in the day, I just haven't gotten home to tell you all until now.

B- Again, the e-mail didn't specify for any system, and in our computers, all the dates remained the same, so I can only assume it affected all three platforms.

C- Hush-yo-mouth.

VoidAbsolute
Oct 23, 2006, 11:53 PM
hmmm i hope the ps2 page is right otherwise....*shakes fist*

StarLionsX
Oct 23, 2006, 11:55 PM
I'll have to call when I get up today.

Nilot
Oct 23, 2006, 11:56 PM
Well it still says xbox ships on the 25th, the others the 24th.. if they had the male fortitude to change it on the main page they could at least specify what systems, yeh bastards >< torturing a customer.. its like attaching a dollar to a string, except the dollar is psu, and the gamestop employees keep pulling it away from me ><

RSmiroldo
Oct 23, 2006, 11:57 PM
It's always something else I just hope if it is delayed its only this one extra day.

-Break-
Oct 23, 2006, 11:57 PM
On 2006-10-23 21:51, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
I just called my Gamestop, spoke to the manager, he said shipping date is tomorrow, in stores 25th, 100%. HOWEVER, I live in Cali and our Sega HQ is up in San Fransisco, so we're quite close. They also just could've not gotten the message yet. But as of now, I'm expecting it Wed. If it gets pushed back till Thursday however, Sega can kiss my @$$ for making us all wait so long XD

Yay, go Cali! I'm only an hour from the Sega HQ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I remember when I drove past it the first time, ironically I was talking to my friend about PSU at the time, then I saw the SEGA building and did a double take.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-23 21:59 ]</font>

DoubleJG
Oct 23, 2006, 11:58 PM
On 2006-10-23 21:52, Zero9teen wrote:
A- Of course the e-mail wasn't sent out just now...it arrived in stores earlier in the day, I just haven't gotten home to tell you all until now.

B- Again, the e-mail didn't specify for any system, and in our computers, all the dates remained the same, so I can only assume it affected all three platforms.

C- Hush-yo-mouth.

A. I never stated when they possibly did get the message. I said that they just might not have received yet, meaning they're lazy and didn't check e-mail or, they simply didn't get it because the SoCal stores aren't affected.

B. The other day the ship date on the gamestop page said 24, now it says 25, however by clicking on a system specific version the dates remain the system (but I have no idea how your computers work so whatever).

C. My mouth has been closed. I type with my fingers.

Cylicon
Oct 23, 2006, 11:59 PM
The delay is only for the 360 version. I'm an ASM over at the GameStop and I did check the e-mail. The 360 version has, in fact, been delayed like the first post says. It did not say which version specifically, but it did give a SKU number which is what we use to identify games in the store. Only the SKU number for the 360 version was displayed, so I'm pretty much just assuming that it's just that version. The e-mails sent are usually detailed, so if anything else had been delayed, the proper SKU numbers would have been placed. Hope this helps...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cylicon on 2006-10-23 22:00 ]</font>

Auronp
Oct 23, 2006, 11:59 PM
It would really be easier if we all did that (call where ever it is were getting it from), instead of just claiming one person wrong cause we don't want to believe it.

-Break-
Oct 24, 2006, 12:00 AM
Whew, thank god for SKU numbers

DoubleJG
Oct 24, 2006, 12:01 AM
Cylicon ftw. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KazuKun
Oct 24, 2006, 12:01 AM
*phew* You have no idea, Cylicon. I was fine before, but the pre-release jibbilies have started acting up again...then again...it should be in my hands this week...so that's understandable...anyways...thanks for the info! *sigh of relief*

Note: I ordered the PS2 version. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KazuKun on 2006-10-23 22:01 ]</font>

Nilot
Oct 24, 2006, 12:02 AM
It makes me feel a lil better *sniffle*... You guys really need to stop saying shipping dates. just say when its gonna be in stores, I don't wanna think of my precious psu being in the back of some ugly truck

-Break-
Even if it's false hope, it's still hope....

Auronp
Thankyou Cylicon for clearing it up...or atleast giving us another view on the subject.

Cylicon
Oct 24, 2006, 12:04 AM
When I read the e-mail, I was like OMFG!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking about it the whole night. I read it later and noticed the SKU number listed which kind of calmed me down since I was planning on getting it for PC. I still feel bad for 360 players since a bunch of them reserved the game today... ;-;

Kontra_Bandit
Oct 24, 2006, 12:04 AM
So what about walmart and game crazy

Nilot
Oct 24, 2006, 12:05 AM
Suxbox can suffer for it is the tank to my white mage

Garnet_Moon
On 2006-10-23 22:04, Kontra_Bandit wrote:
So what about walmart and game crazy

A Wal Mart I just called said to come in tomorrow morning and they'll have it on the floor.

Another said they just got the palette onto the floor, but he thinks it's here.

Another one said "I told you like the last 5 times. I don't know what the warehouse sends us. It hasn't changed since earlier, sir."

o.O

EDIT: It just hit 12:00 so tomorrow is today. Hooray!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-23 22:07 ]</font>

PLURSprout
GAH, the suspense is killing me. (And I'm serious, I'm going to get hypertension with all this stress)

Calibur
Oct 24, 2006, 12:06 AM
On 2006-10-23 22:01, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
Cylicon ftw. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

QFT

Sevenfold
Oct 24, 2006, 12:08 AM
This is ridiculous, of course the PSO board is going to be full of date changes and whats if's. Especially, the day before the release. Regardless if any information is correct or false, it was bound to happen. People like to screw with other peoples heads.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sevenfold on 2006-10-23 22:22 ]</font>

MrConstipated
Oct 24, 2006, 12:08 AM
thank god i have the ps2 version reserved and i dont have to wait till thurs!!!!

sucks for you 360 owners haha

couple days back i remember calling gamestop asking when i could pick it up ( i played dumb they alrdy told me when i went in toreserve it) And she asked "which version" at the time i thought why would they ask that i thought all versions come out same day...

Nilot
Oct 24, 2006, 12:10 AM
Head screwing is the only thing they can do, if you've seen how most of them look @.@

Mike
Oct 24, 2006, 12:21 AM
Calibur, your sig is awesome.

Well, telephone calls will abound tomorrow.

Kontra_Bandit
Oct 24, 2006, 12:28 AM
I don't really believe the delay. I'm not trying to bash or call you a liar, but it sure seems like the perfect thing to say to a bunch hyped up gamers the night before release...

Kyuu
Oct 24, 2006, 12:31 AM
Sorry to tell all you naysayers, but as I've posted in two other threads, I called my local EB before I saw any of these threads and was told that the shipment of PSU had been delayed and that they wouldn't get it until Thursday.

I'm hoping that the guy just didn't see that SKU number that was mentioned, and so didn't realize it was only for the 360 (as I'm getting the PC version). This is not made up. If you really don't believe it, call your local EB/Gamestop and ask. Chances are, you'll be told the same thing. (Course, wait 'till morning when they open.)

FreshVeggies
Oct 24, 2006, 12:33 AM
I work at Gamestop and I reserved my game there, and I have to buy any game I reserve so I can't get it early anywhere else, but then again, Gamestop is a bad-ass place to work!

Lainalil
Oct 24, 2006, 12:33 AM
Assuming the shipment HASN'T been delayed. They should have copies in the store tomorrow, correct?

Jinto117
Oct 24, 2006, 12:34 AM
It would be nice to know "why" the 360 version is being delayed like so. Probably something to do with Microsoft. *sigh* The torment!

Aaron777
So just to get things straight...PC, ps2 still going strong for 24th, 25th and the 360 has been pushed back one additional day?

FreshVeggies
I work at Gamestop and I reserved my game there, and I have to buy any game I reserve so I can't get it early anywhere else, but then again, Gamestop is a bad-ass place to work!

Bleu
Oct 24, 2006, 12:36 AM
On 2006-10-23 22:34, Aaron777 wrote:
So just to get things straight...PC, ps2 still going strong for 24th, 25th and the 360 has been pushed back one additional day?

Yes, I double checked with my own pre-order (PC version). PS2 and PC versions are still on schedule, 360 is delayed. Why is a mystery.

-Break-
On 2006-10-23 22:34, FreshVeggies wrote:

I'm in the same position. Forced to wait :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-10-23 22:36 ]</font>

Kontra_Bandit
I don't know what everyone keeps saying to call. Eb and gamestop are closed... Earlier today they told me that it would be there tomorrow. Who knows, maybe it won't and we'll have to wait a bit longer...

Cylicon
Oct 24, 2006, 12:37 AM
All the e-mail said was that there was a problem with shipment from the vendors; and you like working at GameStop? Haha.

Oh, and Aaron777, if the e-mail isn't BSing me, that is exactly what is going on.

Jinto117
Oct 24, 2006, 12:38 AM

From my experience with Gamestop and EB games employees, they seem to be a** holes a lot of the time. Most if not all employees are male and they are always in a bad mood. Maybe it's just my local area.

Aaron777
Oct 24, 2006, 12:39 AM
Well I appreciate the finality of your wisdom...

galaxy
Oct 24, 2006, 12:41 AM
im not making any judgments or anything, but i would assume that if they delayed the game at all, it would appear SOMEWHERE on the psu offical website...and i cant find anything about a delay. i don't see why they would only tell the vendors and not the consumers about a delay...but hey, im taking it one day at a time.

Cylicon
Oct 24, 2006, 12:42 AM
We are assholes, haha. Well I am anyway. I like chatting with fellow gamers about games and such. But when I have to deal with people that have no damn clue what they're talking about, I get frustrated and that frustration stays for the whole day. I can rant about my ghetto store for hours but I don't want to Hijack the thread. Anyway, I WANT MY PSU!. I hate living on the west coast.

Kyuu
Oct 24, 2006, 12:44 AM
On 2006-10-23 22:42, Cylicon wrote:

I hate living on the west coast.
I thought living on the west coast was good for getting games early? o_0

SpishackCola
Oct 24, 2006, 12:45 AM
They are. Unless you live up in Washington state or something.

Cylicon
Oct 24, 2006, 12:48 AM
The only things we get early are big releases from Nintendo. Other times we get things early are things that are EXTREMELY hyped, ie. Halo 2, and whatever other big game. Other than that, we have to wait a day to actually get it in store. Apparently PSU isn't a big enough release for the company to do any 1 day shipping. Sad face.

Lainalil
Oct 24, 2006, 12:56 AM
Clicon where are you from?

otakuP7
Oct 24, 2006, 01:02 AM
I just went to my gamestop today. (in California) they said PSU will be available the 25th...

Lainalil
Oct 24, 2006, 01:03 AM
Hrm. Travis, I used to live in the bay area =D. Well, the 25th. Is this a gamestop arrival date? Or are all other game companies shafted in a similiar way?

jarek99
Oct 24, 2006, 01:05 AM
Getting paid a buck or two more than the hourly minimum wage is a badass job? Heh.

otakuP7
Oct 24, 2006, 01:07 AM
According to the manager the game SHIPS tommorow, 25th is the actual street date. Thats at Software Ect in fairfield CA

Cylicon
Oct 24, 2006, 01:09 AM
Oh, I live in CA. I meant we get the game 1 day after the release/ship date. In this case being the 24th, we will definitely be getting it the 25th. Unless some act of god decides to FedEx it to us. And for some reason I think I'm setting myself up for something.

Drown
Oct 24, 2006, 01:12 AM
I'll believe it all when I see it. No offence, anybody. Besides, what's another day?

otakuP7
Oct 24, 2006, 01:12 AM
I dont know what to believe either. I guess its one of those wait and see kind of things -_-

Cylicon
Oct 24, 2006, 01:14 AM
Another day is a day without PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I don't know why I'm worrying about this because of school and all haha.

otakuP7
Oct 24, 2006, 01:14 AM
Lol I took the day off to play it. If it jumps a day I wont be able to really play until Sunday -_-

Cylicon
Oct 24, 2006, 01:15 AM
LOLdom. I called in sick one day just to play the friggin' beta. Haha.

Ryo_Hayasa
Oct 24, 2006, 01:36 AM
On 2006-10-23 22:38, Jinto117 wrote:

From my experience with Gamestop and EB games employees, they seem to be a** holes a lot of the time. Most if not all employees are male and they are always in a bad mood. Maybe it's just my local area.

Objection!

We aren't all assholes (Shut your face Cyc's you're gonna give away our secret)

And there's actually, well...one girl working at our store as assistant/Key, though she very well may be leaving soon. And no, gamestop isn't badass.

I've worked their an entire year, and i've actually done a really good job, for holding two jobs i've managed to get my share of numbers.

how big of a raise havea gotten over the course of a year?

One raise, 25 cents. thats right. Guess how much they were paying me before?

Mimuim wage.

Now do we see why i have two jobs?

I'll make sure to check this for myself tomorrow morning, personally. and i'll get back to you guys myself. Though it won't be untill the afternoon so maybe it won't matter anyway?

Soniku17
Oct 24, 2006, 01:39 AM
I work at an EB Games in New Jersey, and according to my manager of whom I just spoke to about 5 hours ago, only the 360 version has been delayed until Thursday, not the PC/PS2 versions.

At least that's what he's been told, you can never trust GameStop's corporate headquarters for anything...

Cylicon
Oct 24, 2006, 01:39 AM
Nah it's not a secret http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Some people just suck to make our job harder than it really isn't. Haha. And you're right about GameStop not being badass haha.

Edit: Woops, I read that wrong. Wooh!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cylicon on 2006-10-23 23:42 ]</font>

Zero9teen
Oct 24, 2006, 01:42 AM
Just to clarify:

As far as GameStop and EB is concerned, the ps2 and pc game still SHIPS on the 24th (today)...and aside from a few districts in the country, the game will NOT arrive in stores until the 25th. The 360 version will SHIP on the 25th, and ARRIVE on the 26th.

Cylicon
Oct 24, 2006, 03:03 AM
I'm just staring at the PSU website and it says "Phantasy Star Universe is now available for all platforms! Pick up a copy at your favorite retailer." I'm beginning to think that my workplace and the company just sucks.

Edit: Still no mention of any delay on the official site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cylicon on 2006-10-24 01:04 ]</font>

ProfessorZ
Oct 24, 2006, 03:04 AM
Like I said, **** gamestop, **** ebgames. Walmart

otakuP7
Oct 24, 2006, 03:06 AM
Maybe I missed something but was there ever a Official Statement other than random Gamestop employees saying so? I searched the Sega forums and Ill I found was this exact same forum post (not from a Sega Mod either).

Cylicon
Oct 24, 2006, 03:07 AM
Probably not. Just a shitty piece of shit gamestop e-mail telling us that crap.

Rider
Oct 24, 2006, 03:13 AM
I'm calling my eb games tomorrow to see when they get the game in. There is lots of places where I live, could always just go check bestbuy, compusa, walmart... You get the picture. There is just alot of stuff in the same area. There is 1 eb games, 2 gamestops, 1 gamecrazy, a walmart, bestbuy and a target if you need it. I'll just make a few phone calls tomorrow and get it where I can asap. I was already going to go check bestbuy, compusa, fry's and that radioshack for a ps2 controller to usb adapter anyway or just some form of decent controller for my pc.

UltraDeeDer
Oct 24, 2006, 03:13 AM
ZOMG. Good thing im Aussie http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ryven
Oct 24, 2006, 06:36 AM
So, is it confirmed this is just for EBgames etc.? Or is the 360 version delayed for all stores?

EDIT: Also the official website says all servers are up and running. So, I'm not so sure on the delay anymore. If anything, the 360 delay would only be because they hadn't got the servers ready, otherwise they would have held all versions. But since the site says all servers are up, I'm still heading to Wal-Mart afterwhile to check it out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryven on 2006-10-24 04:42 ]</font>

rayis
Oct 24, 2006, 11:06 AM
this just seems like a huge conspiracy to piss us all off...

Valkayree
Oct 24, 2006, 11:24 AM
Well, I can confirm. I'm in Texas, called my local gamestop, the guy at the desk told me it will get there on Thursday. Looks like that preorder will be cancelled.

Ash1ey
Oct 24, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-10-24 09:24, Valkayree wrote:
Well, I can confirm. I'm in Texas, called my local gamestop, the guy at the desk told me it will get there on Thursday. Looks like that preorder will be cancelled.

Same here, cept I'm in New Jersey

Shrevn
Oct 24, 2006, 11:33 AM
So many nub trolls on these forums now it saddesn me

Scirrocco
Oct 24, 2006, 11:45 AM
Could be Gamestops were delayed, and they're just saying its the vendors to BS people so they don't go and buy it from walmart or Target.

Fyrin
Oct 24, 2006, 11:48 AM
On 2006-10-24 09:45, Scirrocco wrote:
Could be Gamestops were delayed, and they're just saying its the vendors to BS people so they don't go and buy it from walmart or Target.

So does that mean that wal-mart or target has available copies of the game?

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 24, 2006, 11:52 AM
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B646200A - PC /24

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B200176A - XBOX /25

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-24 09:53 ]</font>

Scirrocco
Oct 24, 2006, 11:53 AM
I don't know. I'm going to check when i get off work if my gamestop preorder hasn't come in.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 24, 2006, 11:56 AM
I had recently went to wal-mart today. I checked around and asked the clerk and they said they didnt have it. I went to EB games and they said it was delayed till thursday, but the only thing he had was the strategy guide. Pshh, Like I would buy the strategy guide than the game.

Anyways, I havent checked Best Buy or Gamestop so I dont know their outcome.

Jinto117
Oct 24, 2006, 12:07 PM
One things for sure. When I buy the game I better get my free soundtrack!

Aphael
Oct 24, 2006, 12:09 PM
I've got two PSUs preordered on the website, one PC and one PS2.

The PS2 one still says "Ships 10/24/06" under Status.

The PC one, however, says "BACK ORDERED"

I'm thinking that this possibly means that they aren't, in fact, getting them today.

There is a chance, though, that my order got botched and they think I ordered the 360 version (That happened to me when I got Timesplitters Future Perfect) so I'm about to call and find out. If it IS still the PC version, then it looks like the delay is more widespread than we'd like to think.

*EDIT*
Ooookay so I'm not getting any signal on my cell phone today for some reason. I'll have to send an email, so it'll take longer to get a response, but at least I can copy and paste that to here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aphael on 2006-10-24 10:16 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Oct 24, 2006, 12:11 PM
I have the game prepaid at ebgames. Even if I could get it early from walmart or somewhere else, I don't think the preorder is refundable...so I have to wait. And this eb is known for not getting their shipments until late in the evening...like 5pm.

Why did I preorder there? because I can walk there from work on my lunch break. And I exchanged Samurai warriors 2 for it.

Reeses
Oct 24, 2006, 12:12 PM
Sorry but i skipped a couple pages so i could write my message lol

BUT, to be on topic, i just called my gamestop and he said that my copy was there and ready and it was availiable for pickup tomorrow afternoon.

Nateyad
Oct 24, 2006, 12:17 PM
this news is in fact correct, i visited ebgames today to see what was going on, the game ships tommorrow and will be in stores on thursday for all versions, or at least according to the guy who works there! why u got to playa hate like that SEGA!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nateyad on 2006-10-24 10:18 ]</font>

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 24, 2006, 12:20 PM
i called my eb games over here on the west coast and the guy told me thursday he said they pushed it back over here where im at

DreamLocke
Oct 24, 2006, 12:23 PM
Hmm...four different stories going on with eb/gamestop...

Pick up this afternoon

Here, but street date tomorrow

Shipping today, out tomorrow

Shipping tomorrow, pick up Thursday

WTF, mate?

Viper472
Oct 24, 2006, 12:23 PM
I just hung up with my local game stop, he says not till thursday (PS2)

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 24, 2006, 12:24 PM
I guess... I'll see you guys on thrusday... PC version ,server 1. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Viper472
Oct 24, 2006, 12:24 PM
I just hung up with my local game stop, he says not till thursday (PS2)

Aaron777
Oct 24, 2006, 12:25 PM
My EB Games said it still ships today and they'll have it tommorow around noon or so but only for ps2 and PC....poor 360's.

StarLionsX
Oct 24, 2006, 12:26 PM
I just called my EB and said it would be here tommorrow. Well its better than not having it.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 24, 2006, 12:26 PM
I just spoke with every gamestop in the houston area, and all of them will have PSU for PS2 and PC on the shelves tomorrow. They all said the 360 edition will be on shelves thursday.

Awesomeness.

DiscReadError
Oct 24, 2006, 12:27 PM
Everyone talking bout why they gotta wait an extra day for the 360 version complaining and what not. Just buy it at Gamecrazy there not haveing no shipping issues. The only reason i see why u gotta buy it at GAmestop is because you put all your money down on it already but if u only put like 5 bucks just put that money on another game and thats it done deal u got the game on time and u got to reserve something else

Aphael
Oct 24, 2006, 12:29 PM
This is all so scandalous. Such intrigue, such fervor.

I'm still waiting for my response from GS customer service, but here's hoping there's still hope. I remember when I preordered DDR SuperNOVA it looked like they weren't getting it on time and then bam they told me it shipped out at like 10PM that night.

DreamLocke
Oct 24, 2006, 12:47 PM
Meh, at least we'll all have it by this weekend. (Unless by some freakish miracle my eb gets it today, but I'm not holding my breath just yet)

XredX
Oct 24, 2006, 01:37 PM
=' Called yup were i live pushed back and will be in Gamestop 25th he said around 12-1pm the game will be in the store.

_dd_
Oct 24, 2006, 01:56 PM
On 2006-10-24 10:27, DiscReadError wrote:
Everyone talking bout why they gotta wait an extra day for the 360 version complaining and what not. Just buy it at Gamecrazy there not haveing no shipping issues. The only reason i see why u gotta buy it at GAmestop is because you put all your money down on it already but if u only put like 5 bucks just put that money on another game and thats it done deal u got the game on time and u got to reserve something else

O.o have you seen the 360 Version at GameCrazy? O__O;

kirinano
Oct 24, 2006, 02:24 PM
I just called my local Gamestop (Seabrook, New Hampshire store).

They confirmed that it will be IN STORE ready for pick up, tomorrow (Wednesday). I asked her if she was sure, and she said she was positive.

JaYohheeh7
Oct 24, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-10-23 21:51, DoubleJG3288 wrote:

Yeah thats what i heard at my local gamestop, it will be here tomorrow for sure.

mageryock
Oct 24, 2006, 02:28 PM
I believe this to be false, as I've called my Gamestop store, and said that they were getting it tomorrow, and they already have the 360 and PS2 versions in stock.

Kayai
Oct 24, 2006, 02:29 PM
the guy said theyd be getting it tommorow...so yaah thats when im getting it

Sevenfold
Oct 24, 2006, 02:30 PM
Just like many of you alll , Iv also called many Gamestop/EB stores. (Im SO CAL) And they ALL say they will be getting it tomorrow. 10/25/06.

Omega_Weltall
Oct 24, 2006, 02:38 PM
No this is all true, i went to 3 diffrent EB's in my area they all say the same thing.. though the PS2 and 360 version are there the PC isnt. I would get the PS2 version but I dont have a broadband adapter so i'm screwed till Wensday maybe, if i'm luckey. I'm gonna go Emo now and cut my self cause of my saddness and angst http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif (cut slit stap stap)

_dd_
Oct 24, 2006, 02:40 PM
Bah, I'll do the rounds anyways... Best Buy -> Walmart -> Gamecrazy -> Crying

Natrokos
Oct 24, 2006, 02:50 PM
Don't quote me on this, though.

Don't worry I won't.

Some people say they have the game....Some say it's postponed.....Somebody is a damn liar and I personally won't believe anyone until I go in tomorrow and get/don't get it.....

Sexy_Raine
Oct 24, 2006, 06:22 PM
I just received an electronic message on my cell phone from GS. It says "Phantasy Star Universe will arrive Wednesday afternoon".

So the topic creator does not speak the truth.

DarkShadowX
Oct 24, 2006, 06:26 PM
On 2006-10-24 16:22, Sexy_Raine wrote:
I just received an electronic message on my cell phone from GS. It says "Phantasy Star Universe will arrive Wednesday afternoon".

So the topic creator does not speak the truth.

Same thing, I called a couple mintues later to make sure and they said Thurs., but the guy sounded like an idiot considering he ended up asking someone else when its coming, so I'm gonna call again tomorrow just to make sure. Oh and I'm getting the PS2 version BTW.

Durand
Oct 24, 2006, 06:30 PM
I got the message, and the human saying thursday. Somebody's off, either the email, or the Electronic messaging machine. If I don't get another call tonight, I'm still going in tomorrow, and waiting untill I have the answer.

Teneris
Oct 24, 2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah I've gotten very varied answers as well. I called three times to day in the dim hope that they might recieve the game earlier then expected. First two times said wednesday, last one say thursday.

I have the feeling they just heard about the 360 version and assume all versions are the same way. :/ At least that's what I'm deluding myself to believe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Syl
Oct 24, 2006, 06:34 PM
YOU LIE!!!!

Lucky us. GO CALI!!!

McLaughlin
Oct 24, 2006, 06:35 PM

I didn't know Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V was so hard to do. You're lying, because I called AGAIN today a few seconds ago, and they said AGAIN that my preorder (for the Xbox 360) will arrive tomorrow, which, coincidently, is the day you're going to print the email.

Lies and slander.

Rizen
Oct 24, 2006, 06:38 PM
Just so you all know, although this may not apply to everyone...
I got a call from Gamestop about 10 mins ago saying that my Pre-order of Phantasy Star Universe will be in tomorrow afternoon. This is in Virginia btw. Hopes this clears up a bit of the mess.

So Im guessing when I get home from school tomorrow I will be installing PSU.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 24, 2006, 07:04 PM
OK, I just canceled my preorder at the Gamestop next to me and drove out 30 minutes to another gamestop I found thanks to Gamestop.coms store locater. This particular store will be getting the game tommorow around 12/1pm. What sealed the deal for me was not only the fact that it's the only Gamestop I found in the Houston area that will have it tomorrow, but they also had plenty of the pre-order OSTs left. I'm so happy right now. Gonna get my game tomorrow and i'm listening to my OST atm... I am overjoyed. T_T

The Gamestop I initially preordered at ran out of OSTs and won't get PSU on any platform until thursday, so i'm happy.

Kayai
Oct 24, 2006, 07:05 PM
Yup, i think that we can pretty much all agree that there coming in tommorow...cause thats what the eb games guy told me....i think i said this before...but im sooo psyched for tommorow i dont care much too look XP

hans4
Oct 24, 2006, 07:09 PM
wrong gamestops website says that ps2 will still come out on the same day just not 360

Toastsmack
Oct 24, 2006, 07:28 PM
i got my gametop call about an hour ago. Sounded like 3 different recording mashed together saying that it will be ready for pickup tomorrow (Wednesday). I laughed the whole time, thankfully it was just a recording.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 24, 2006, 07:29 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:28, Toastsmack wrote:
i got my gametop call about an hour ago. Sounded like 3 different recording mashed together saying that it will be ready for pickup tomorrow (Wednesday). I laughed the whole time, thankfully it was just a recording.

Same call a moment ago. :3

Durkan
Oct 24, 2006, 07:31 PM
I got the call couple hours ago or something, maybe an hour idk. But he said I would get mine in the afternoon tomorrow. I live in Indiana and I am receiving it on PC

StarLionsX
Oct 24, 2006, 07:34 PM
Garnet_Moon, I live in San Angelo, is there a good chance that I will get it here? I pre-ordered mine at Ebgames. I still havn't received any call.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StarLionsX on 2006-10-24 17:35 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StarLionsX on 2006-10-24 17:36 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Oct 24, 2006, 07:35 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:34, StarLionsX wrote:
Garnet_Moon, I live in San Angelo, is there a good chance that i will get it here?

I'm not familiar with central Texas. Your best bet is to start calling Gamestops in your zip code area. Use the store locater because operater services leave alot to be desired. >_>

Shinou
Oct 24, 2006, 07:35 PM
I like how most of the people who say the Delay is true for all versions just now joined the forums and have ONE post. Anyways gamestop called me today and told me my psu is there and ready for pick up tomorrow (Wednesday) Ps2. East Coast

StarLionsX
Oct 24, 2006, 07:37 PM
We only have an Ebgames. *sigh* I called them today and they said that it will be here tommorrow. I don't know what to believe.

I just called them just now and a different person answered the phone. He said that they just shipped it today and would be here the 26th. The guy that i talked to before was the manager. Well if it doesn't come in tommorrow, i'm going to Wal-mart. GRRR IM TICKED OFF NOW!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StarLionsX on 2006-10-24 17:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StarLionsX on 2006-10-24 17:40 ]</font>

Chris28
Oct 24, 2006, 07:37 PM
my gamestop called me and left a spanish message. Am i getting the mexican version or something??

segadrm10
Oct 24, 2006, 07:38 PM
ebgames call me and said that my preorder will be in the store tomorrow.

Datearian
I've got the PC version and I can't get mine till tomarrow. :/

Razorback
that's ok it gives me 1 more day to have a social beofre i throw it all away

StarLionsX
Oct 24, 2006, 07:42 PM
Maybe my ebgames will get their shipments in tommorrow mourning.

-Klaus-
Oct 24, 2006, 07:49 PM
I'm on the east coast, called them today. They told me it'd be in by 1 PM tomorrow (wednesday).
So... No worries about thursday here.

StarLionsX
Oct 24, 2006, 07:53 PM
I'm just curious, why didn't i get a phone call?

Axispoint
Oct 24, 2006, 07:55 PM
On 2006-10-23 22:38, Jinto117 wrote:

Some of them can be. The one guy they have working days at the one I go to all the time is pretty cool. We talk about WoW all the time, hehe.

As for PSU, I had the Gamestop guy look up the PS2 version today 10-24-06 (didn't know anything about this thread) and they're getting it tomorrow. I had to laugh at Wal-mart next door, though. They did not have PSU for sale, but they had...the guide? What good is the guide with no game? LOL.

Edit for:

On 2006-10-24 17:53, StarLionsX wrote:
I'm just curious, why didn't i get a phone call?

Can't say. I got a phone call about an hour ago about my Splinter Cell, which has the same 'release' date as PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axispoint on 2006-10-24 17:57 ]</font>

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 24, 2006, 07:56 PM
delay is for the xbox 360 version

MXdude
Oct 24, 2006, 07:57 PM
dont most guides come out before the games?

Wickerman
Oct 24, 2006, 07:57 PM
That's what they've been telling me.

Teneris
Oct 24, 2006, 07:58 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:35, Shinou wrote:
I like how most of the people who say the Delay is true for all versions just now joined the forums and have ONE post. Anyways gamestop called me today and told me my psu is there and ready for pick up tomorrow (Wednesday) Ps2. East Coast

Sorry if some of us have been here a while but just lurk. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyway I called another EBgames that is near by, and the lady that answered was very nice an informative, she even told me the latest that UPS will likely ship it to them. She said it is going to be there tommorow, so I think the one I got at the EBgames I preordered at was confused 'cause he answered too quickly and the previous had checked the computer.

I have the feeling that as long as you live in a well populated area you'll most likely get it tommorow. Especially if you're near a college http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

StarLionsX
Oct 24, 2006, 07:59 PM
I just checked to see if they got the guides in on my zip. It says that they have 0 instock and more on the way.

Raymah
Oct 24, 2006, 08:01 PM
I went to my EB in the northeast too see when it was going to be in....Much to my dissmay they're not getting it here till thursday for sure...

StarLionsX
Oct 24, 2006, 08:12 PM
Well I checked again by zip, up too 200 miles, Distance in Miles 4, Units in stock 0, More on the way, 0. But the thing is for the guides the same thing but it says they have more on the way.

Xeraphim
Oct 24, 2006, 08:14 PM
Weird. My Gamestop called about my version not too long ago, and I can go snag it after school tomorrow. And I get out of school early for a holiday thing, so that's pretty hardcore.

StarLionsX
Oct 24, 2006, 08:28 PM
I want a call tommorrow, if not I will be calling the manager every 5 mins until he does!

Nateyad
Oct 24, 2006, 08:38 PM
i live in pennsylvania i recieved a call from ebgames today while i was at work, they are getting the game in tommorrow afternoon!!! yes!!!

StarLionsX
Oct 24, 2006, 08:39 PM
Where is the warehouse at?! If I can I will steal some MUAHAHHAA! Not really just depressed that you guys will be playing before me. *sigh* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

galaxy
Oct 24, 2006, 08:39 PM
i recieved my call for the game as well. im in boston, they said it would arrive tomorrow (wednesday) in the afternoon. and i pre-ordered the xbox 360 version. so unless there's some big miscommunication, its not delayed.

aniscape
Oct 24, 2006, 08:57 PM
Hello all... I received a call from gamestop at about 7:00PM EST and they said they game would be in on Wednesdday. then at 7:30 I received another call from gamestop apologizing for any inconvinience but the PSU for the 360 (which is the one I pre-ordered) would be delayed till Thursday due to Shipping problems. I have called the Gamestop I visit for all my gaming and they confirmed the calls and that the game will arrive on thursday. This is for the 360 version. They said the PS2 will arrive on wednesday as scheduled.

Of course I am sad cause not only will I not have the game tommorrow night but my in-laws are coming for dinner! What a long day/night tomorrow will be http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

kirinano
Oct 24, 2006, 09:04 PM
I received a call at around 7pm from my Gamestop (Seabrook, New Hampshire) ~ my copy will be in tomorrow afternoon! FYI: I pre-ordered the pc version.

Shinou
Oct 24, 2006, 09:08 PM
It's honestly hard to believe anything. I guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see whats up.

A2K
Oct 24, 2006, 09:26 PM
Whether or not it's true, a single day delay is nothing to worry about. Had it been a week or more, I'd be more concerned. We'll all have the games in our hands soon enough, at which point we'll just forget this thread and whether there was or wasn't any delay.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-10-24 19:27 ]</font>

Niki
Oct 24, 2006, 09:31 PM
Hm, I got an automated voicemail from Gamestop today stating that my copy would be available for pickup tomorrow at noon...

Anathian
Oct 24, 2006, 09:37 PM
From what I understand, there was a problem with lables and the game didn't ship until today (10-24-06) and will arrive at GameStop, according to the manager I talked to, on the 25th for PC & PS2 and the 26th for 360 (at least for GA). Also, I've been to Wal-Mart, target, and few other stores and the story seems to all be the same. I trust GameStop over any of the major retailers just for the fact that Wal-Mart's I.Q. for ANY release date on anything is pretty much next to nothing and when the trucks do come in their to feakin' lazy to check the stockroom for you.

Anathian
Oct 24, 2006, 10:07 PM
It would be interesting to know where the blame REALY lyes... Sega or their carriers? It just seems odd that even phantasystaruniverse.com were themselves, calling a 10/24 release and now advertising an "Available Now" banner and have been all day! Sure a delay of a mere day or two isn't a big deal but to me being lied to is, especially when a lot of the "old school" players like myself have been waiting for this for so long. Don't get me wrong, I love sega, but I honestly think that we deserve legit answers from Sega and no more false advertising.

AidanZon2
Oct 24, 2006, 10:13 PM
I sware i love the phone calls, one saying its on time then another saying yeah we dropped the ball . i was like who is calling with an 817 area code lol. anywho i close that night so i dont get to play right away damn it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Skyly
Oct 24, 2006, 10:18 PM
I drove (from school) Target, Blockbuster, Wal Mart, and Ebgames. They dont have it!!!
It pisses me off, If it were madden or something they woulda been had this game.

Zero9teen
Oct 24, 2006, 11:20 PM
That's because the Madden games are always Street Dated, so they are shipped well before the announced release date.