PDA

View Full Version : Does PSU have any actual content?

AzurewrathXIX
Oct 23, 2006, 11:40 PM
I've posted this on a few boards, but I want PSO-worlds opinion = Please don't lie xD

IMO, chatting is what makes an MMO fun. You spend so much time on it, and if nobody talks, it's just a grind.

I've spent 6000 hours on FFXI, because of its huge amount of content, and its awesome community. You will never join a party in FFXI where there isn't constant random chat about things. And the people can chat and do what they're supposed to do. Pretty much everyone in that game was smart (Unlike other MMOs I've spent alot of time playing, *Cough*WoW*Cough* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That's why I'm not sure about PSU, it seems like it'll just be a Lobby, small chat, foreign people, and "pt plx ok ya lol" then silence while you go through the same couple of missions over and over again. 99% of MMOs are pure grinds, with nothing to do but grind. FFXI fit into the 1% category, I wanna find another MMO like it. ;(

SpishackCola
Oct 23, 2006, 11:45 PM
PSU is not a MMO. It is a dungeon crawler like Diablo, Dungeon Siege, etc. While stuff will be added it won't be anywhere near as big as WoW, FFXI, EQ, UO, etc etc etc

Stixx
Oct 23, 2006, 11:45 PM
Well, I've logged as much time as you have into FFXI and I felt that the game had a pretty big grinding factor. Then again, that might have been because I played all the hard to level jobs (DRG, BST, MNK, DRK). The FFXI community wasn't any more intelligent than say...Lineage II (but yes, more intelligent than WoW XD), but that didn't really take away from the game as a whole in my opinion.

But yes, I too have a feeling that the lobbies won't necessarily be the best place to start an engaging conversation. Just make some friends in-game and hang out with them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Nilot
Oct 23, 2006, 11:47 PM
FFXI vs PSU thread again =x ding ding*

AzurewrathXIX
Oct 23, 2006, 11:50 PM
Nope, just me aksing if PSU will have alot to do ingame or if itll just be a "Level all classes to max, and wait for level cap to rise" game. ;P

I didn't find FFXI to have a grind factor at all due to the good community. I'm BRD75 BLM75 SMN75 and.. 65ish BLU, hehe, I didnt find it to be very grinding. If you wanna see what I mean by a grind, download Flyff. ;P it's free, and it's horrible grind-wise. lol

Nani-chan
Oct 23, 2006, 11:53 PM
It's to early to tell.

EnixBelmont
Oct 23, 2006, 11:54 PM
On 2006-10-23 21:50, AzurewrathXIX wrote:
Nope, just me aksing if PSU will have alot to do ingame or if itll just be a "Level all classes to max, and wait for level cap to rise" game. ;P

I didn't find FFXI to have a grind factor at all due to the good community. I'm BRD75 BLM75 SMN75 and.. 65ish BLU, hehe, I didnt find it to be very grinding. If you wanna see what I mean by a grind, download Flyff. ;P it's free, and it's horrible grind-wise. lol

Flyff has nothing on Maple story.

But if it's just the community that kept you playing FF11, then you shouldn't have a problem with PSU....

EvolXx
I like Final fantasy XI and then (PAUSED) and did not like WOW, so started playing FFXI agian, so PSU and FFXI is what Im playing in MMO

Dusk21
While I enjoyed FFXI, I'll admit it was an absolutely dogged grind, and most of the people I found weren't quite as...well...they were kinda lacking, but on the other hand I did meet quite a few people who were awesome. I feel like this is going to be more like DII though in that, there'll be talk in town and plenty enough of it, but while playing theres too much to do to be typing long messages. Unlike in FFXI where there is PLENTY of time to talk even in a party, I found even on BB with my comp and keyboard (gonna be playin PSU on PS2) I didn't have near as much time to engage in small talk. Its a different type of game entirely, I personally like both types.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 23, 2006, 11:55 PM
There's a grand total of 56 different practical combinations for character gender/race/profession, an expandable number of missions, a great deal of customizations that can be done (wardrobe, room decorations, weapons, etc), and no telling how many more surprises that may await us in the future. So yeah, I figure there's plenty to do.

SpishackCola
Oct 23, 2006, 11:55 PM
FFXI is also a mega grind if you suck at community like every other MMO.

Stixx
Oct 23, 2006, 11:58 PM
I have a feeling that PSU is going to be like Monster Hunter (for those of you who have played it). You chat it up in the tavern/lobby and have a grand ol' time telling stories and joking around, but once the mission starts you get it done (with some shinanigans along the way) and get back to your tom-foolery once you're in the lobby again.

SpishackCola
Oct 23, 2006, 11:59 PM
On 2006-10-23 21:58, Stixx wrote:
I have a feeling that PSU is going to be like Monster Hunter (for those of you who have played it). You chat it up in the tavern/lobby and have a grand ol' time telling stories and joking around, but once the mission starts you get it done (with some shinanigans along the way) and get back to your tom-foolery once you're in the lobby again.

That's how PSO was lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AzurewrathXIX
Oct 23, 2006, 11:59 PM
Enix: I didn't mean that at all, lol. Once you're 75, you can log on at 6 in the morning and be busy doing things until midnight. It's insane. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And Dusk, yeah. in FFXI, the monsters are pretty hard, and take a good beating. And with Auto-attack, you have time to type. ;P, in PSO I could see not having much battletalk, due to needing to press attack every time (Which is a good feature, imo, although I could see my hand getting cramps after a good 14 hour day. ;P)

I really want to try PSU. My PC runs it fine on low settings, but I'm afraid that the "Fine" will turn to "Horrible" once I go online, with the lag, multiple people swinging colourful swords, and large bursts of light with Photon arts popping out of 5 guys at a time. D:

Stixx
Oct 24, 2006, 12:00 AM
I never had the opportunity to play PSO online ; ;

-Break-
Oct 24, 2006, 12:04 AM
On 2006-10-23 21:40, AzurewrathXIX wrote:
I've spent 6000 hours on FFXI

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Dusk21
Oct 24, 2006, 12:04 AM
Even with autoattack you tend to cleave through waves too fast anyhow, its all about taking on the hoards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. Fun people are always fun though, even if you're not talking the whole time. As for content I was pleased as hell with PSO(even before any expansions) and PSU is most definitely far far more deep and large its got plenty enough content for me. Its all about liking the hack and slash genre though, which is entirely about getting more powerful through levels and weapons with cool people.

Stixx
Oct 24, 2006, 12:08 AM
My most memorable moments in FFXI are from me and some friends just messing around in town or doing fun stuff like taking our 25THF to Ro'Maeve, hitting Flee, and seeing how close to the Hall of the Gods we could get before dying XD

Cross
Oct 24, 2006, 12:09 AM
You know, ordinarily I'd make some kind of smug remark here, but if you liked FFXI's community, uhh... My condolences, man http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

EnixBelmont
Oct 24, 2006, 12:09 AM
No offense, TC, but you shouldn't play games from 6 AM until midnight straight. It's unhealthy, seriously.

Grizzy
Oct 24, 2006, 12:17 AM
Haha random comment that makes no difference what-so-ever and also my first post XD

My record is 36 hours straight... Valkryie Profile... such a good game <3

Aside from that.. All MMO are good in their own ways, PSU wont be anything like FFXI in mostly all the ways as the whole game setup is different.. As for what makes online RPGS fun are the people you get to interact with, and all online games will have great people.. no worries bud =D

Sevenfold
Oct 24, 2006, 12:20 AM
Pretty sure this is random, "I dont know how to use the search button", thread #4 tonight.

-Break-
Oct 24, 2006, 12:31 AM
On 2006-10-23 22:20, Sevenfold wrote:
Pretty sure this is random, "I dont know how to use the search button", thread #4 tonight.

#4? That's giving too much credit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kakashi_Xero
Oct 24, 2006, 12:41 AM
you shouldn't play games from 6 AM until midnight straight. It's unhealthy, seriously.

the longest i played a game straight was 151 hours playing halo2 when it first came out no lie i have people that can testify, also if im gonna die i want to die playing games lol

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 01:10 AM
I've posted this on a few boards, but I want PSO-worlds opinion = Please don't lie xD

IMO, chatting is what makes an MMO fun. You spend so much time on it, and if nobody talks, it's just a grind.

I've spent 6000 hours on FFXI, because of its huge amount of content, and its awesome community. You will never join a party in FFXI where there isn't constant random chat about things. And the people can chat and do what they're supposed to do. Pretty much everyone in that game was smart (Unlike other MMOs I've spent alot of time playing, *Cough*WoW*Cough* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That's why I'm not sure about PSU, it seems like it'll just be a Lobby, small chat, foreign people, and "pt plx ok ya lol" then silence while you go through the same couple of missions over and over again. 99% of MMOs are pure grinds, with nothing to do but grind. FFXI fit into the 1% category, I wanna find another MMO like it. ;(

Can you handle the truth? (seriously speaking)

The US PSU version lacks from the start:

-No access to Moatoob in online mode
-No S-Rank weapons in online mode
-No expert classes
-8 types of weapons that are locked at release

Seems like Sega is screwing us. Expert classes just became available on the JP servers...

Hopefully, enough US gamers will bitch about this and ST can update the US servers quickly.

Kyuu
Oct 24, 2006, 01:18 AM

-No expert classes

Seems like Sega is screwing us. Expert classes just became available on the JP servers...

Hopefully, enough US gamers will bitch about this and ST can update the US servers quickly.
And you know any of this how?

Also, how would it even be screwing us? You said it yourself: JP servers only just got all of those features, and their servers have been offically up for only a month. So if we have to wait a month... seems like it's pretty equal to me.

Third, bitching in forums accomplishes precisely zero, contrary to popular belief.

MayLee
Oct 24, 2006, 01:26 AM
Well, I guess I won't have to worry about Chatspeak while playing PSU on the 360...I'll have to worry about some asshats and
people who scream nonsense into the mic, making me def.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But sometimes..that's what I like about using mic, I can hear them, and when I played PSO. I had no problems with using the mics with people. I had really fun and sometimes funny conversation with others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2006-10-23 23:26 ]</font>

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 01:26 AM
On 2006-10-23 23:18, Kyuu wrote:

-No expert classes

Also, how would it even be screwing us? You said it yourself: JP servers only just got all of those features, and their servers have been offically up for only a month. So if we have to wait a month... seems like it's pretty equal to me.

Third, bitching in forums accomplishes precisely zero, contrary to popular belief.

Because if the JP servers didn't have it from the start, we certainly won't.

Maybe you like to take it up the ass but I don't believe in buying in an INCOMPLETE game. I shouldn't have to wait for 2 months for updates, that's why people pay the $50 or $60 for the game in the first place.

It's not hard to understand really.

Just watch the bitching when the newbies go online and they can't access Moatoob. It was closed in the 360 beta. So where do you think people are going to go when they finally get the retail game?

That's right, the place that was locked in the beta but, Sega has locked it down for the retail also. We have to wait for the updates which is bullshit.

Got it?

Aberu
Oct 24, 2006, 01:27 AM

Yeah because WoW doesn't have any chinese farmers up the butt, and FFXI isn't like half populated by Japanese players. Not that PSU actually has a system built in like in the original PSO that makes communicating in groups cross-language easy.

Drown
Oct 24, 2006, 01:34 AM
I didn't much care for FFXI, but regardless, PSU is going to be great. I always found PS to have the best communities.

EC_Subbie
Oct 24, 2006, 01:36 AM
On 2006-10-23 23:26, hucast21 wrote:

-No expert classes

Maybe you like to take it up the ass but I don't believe in buying in an INCOMPLETE game. I shouldn't have to wait for 2 months for updates, that's why people pay the $50 or $60 for the game in the first place.

Just watch the bitching when the newbies go online and they can't access Moatoob. It was closed in the 360 beta. So where do you think people are going to go when they finally get the retail game?

That's right, the place that was locked in the beta but, Sega has locked it down for the retail also. We have to wait for the updates which is bullshit.

Got it?

If that's true it's really going to suck... I'm a Ranger, and I'd like to use shotgun often. In the beta...the best shotgun I got was a Tenora Works brand...which can only be grinded on Moatoob.. ><

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 01:43 AM
If that's true it's really going to suck... I'm a Ranger, and I'd like to use shotgun often. In the beta...the best shotgun I got was a Tenora Works brand...which can only be grinded on Moatoob.. ><

It is true. You think Sega will give the US access to Moatoob online from the start when Japan didn't?

No way in hell. We will have to wait, just like Japan did. I wouldn't be this outspoken if it wasn't for the fact of the $10 monthly fee. For what, content that's not even there?

Come on now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-10-23 23:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-10-23 23:46 ]</font>

SpishackCola
Oct 24, 2006, 01:44 AM
On 2006-10-23 23:26, hucast21 wrote:

-No expert classes

Got it?

Door ---->
See you in 2 months if you still decide to play.

Mike
Oct 24, 2006, 01:49 AM
Meh, I have a feeling we'll manage.

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 01:52 AM
On 2006-10-23 23:44, SpishackCola wrote:

Door ---->
See you in 2 months if you still decide to play.

You're not funny. I believe in getting my money's worth from a product, nothing wrong with that. I have every right to complain since I'm a consumer.

You see what you guys don't understand is this, if nobody doesn't say anything, companies will be making incomplete games all the time.

Before you know it, they'll be releasing stripped down versions and you have to pay money just to download the rest of the game later on. Or pray and hope they update the servers soon.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 24, 2006, 01:54 AM
Am I the only one here that gives a damn about and *wants* to play through storymode and Extra Mode?

Am i the only one that has a lot of RL stuff to do?, and Am I the only one has other fun PS2 games to play;
instead of bitching and whining like a selfish, spoiled little brat cause not "everything" is available online, day one?

Am I the only one not in race to play every area in PSU, and not interested in rushing to the max level at everything? I guess I'm the only one that likes to chat with other players, hunt for materials to make weapons and just have FUN. And not worry about content.

I begining to think I am. Some people need to relax, jeez.

Kismet
Oct 24, 2006, 03:12 AM

Never compare FFXI to PSU. FFXI sucks compared to this game. And not all FFXI players are smart either, one of my friends is really kind of a dumbass and the only reason she knows how to play it is because she drills her mind out with nothing but games, resulting in her academic stupidity.

Nevertheless, PSU is not exactly an 'MMO', persay. And getting an opinion from THESE forums is like summoning my father from his throne in Hell. (You can guess who that is~... <3) And he doesn't like it when someone unwillingly brings him someplace. It makes him cranky. =/

AzurewrathXIX
Oct 24, 2006, 03:15 AM
Lol Shadow, you're not really relaxing yourself. =

Anyways, I dunno, this game might not be hardcore enough for me. If i wanted to grind a bunch of characters to max levels, and have some chat, why not get a game that actually has stuff to do besides levelling your characters? Like, what's the point of levelling a character up if there's nothing to do with it? D:

And about FFXI's community, anybody who's bashing it hasn't gotten past level 30, or was probably such a dink that the whole server hated them. ;( I've never played an online game with such a good community, and I'm pretty darn sure I'll never get the chance to play a game with a better one. ;P

But my point still stands, why level a character if there's nothing to do once you're maxed level? Sounds boring and un-satisfying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ether
Oct 24, 2006, 03:18 AM
On 2006-10-23 23:10, hucast21 wrote:

-No expert classes

Three of those things also require a character at level 40 or higher to actually use. No Moatoob at the start does suck, cuz those stages are awesome, but they're also very hard and it gives you something to look forward to

To whoever mentioned shotguns, grinding them online gives a massive +2 atp, they're possibly the worst grinding weapon in the game, so you're not missing much

Kismet
Oct 24, 2006, 03:20 AM
On 2006-10-24 01:15, AzurewrathXIX wrote:

But my point still stands, why level a character if there's nothing to do once you're maxed level? Sounds boring and un-satisfying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Well, you can always wait and see what Sega plans to add. In the near future, maybe they'll raise the level cap greatly. Plus, I know what you could do...

Either show off the fact that you're at max to nubs, or terrorize nubs because you are at max. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

physic
Oct 24, 2006, 03:22 AM
its a game, whats to do but do what the game has to do, for me ffxi lost a lot of interest once i did most of the stuff that improved my chosen job. PSU will have rare hunting and synthesis, as well as new content (levels ltems monsters) i mean really in ffxi we killed the same 4 monster types for 75 levels, then if you were lucky fought some hnm, (probably not because many were camped to the point of a schedule) but after you beat em a couple times, it wasnt special.

FFxi was cool, but every game will run out of content. That said its easily possible psu isnt your cup of tea, its really not a game that bears a strong resemblence to FFXI other than being online. Its like comparing secret of mana to FF10, actually there is probably less in common than even those two. Point is if you are looking for FFXI, the only thing i have seen that is close to FFXI is FFXI, likewise only think like PSU is PSU/PSO. if you do come to psu, come expecting a totally different experience, not much will be congruent between the two.

AzurewrathXIX
Oct 24, 2006, 03:30 AM
Okay, well, I'll be waiting a bit before buying this game, until they add something to it besides getting max level.

Kismet
Oct 24, 2006, 03:34 AM
On 2006-10-24 01:30, AzurewrathXIX wrote:
Okay, well, I'll be waiting a bit before buying this game, until they add something to it besides getting max level.

Awwwwwwwww~...

You suck, you suck, you suck, you suck, you suck!

ShadowDragon28
Oct 24, 2006, 03:43 AM
so playing Storymode, hunting for materials, doing missions to gain class exp and meseta, raising up your Partner Machine, and trying to creating nice and powerful weapons and other items is "nothing else to do" ? lol. some people's expectations are *way* overboard IMO.

physic
Oct 24, 2006, 03:43 AM
well they will have story missions, eventually that will occur every two weeks or so, but youll probably have to be more than level 1 to complete it. Ill admit though, ffxi did have an advantage on the fact that you coud do missions even at level 4 or so, oc course they were kind of fake missions at first but yeah, they gave you some plot points, or a reason to play, as well as many side quests. Honestly psu could have taken a cue from that, but ehhh i blame ps2, and crappy planning, i think they secretly wanted people to play offline for the first few eeks anyhow, hence dumbed down online mode.

BrandonBa2
Oct 24, 2006, 06:35 AM
6000 hours? I really hope that's a joke but I wouldn't put it past people with addictions now a days/

krika
Oct 24, 2006, 06:41 AM
ARRGHH another Final fantasy 11 TOPIC, cant stand it anymore.

Seriously these kind of topics will kill me one day.

krika
Oct 24, 2006, 06:43 AM
On 2006-10-24 01:30, AzurewrathXIX wrote:

Go back to wow or ff11 plz.

Cross
Oct 24, 2006, 06:54 AM
On 2006-10-24 01:15, AzurewrathXIX wrote:
And about FFXI's community, anybody who's bashing it hasn't gotten past level 30, or was probably such a dink that the whole server hated them. ;( I've never played an online game with such a good community, and I'm pretty darn sure I'll never get the chance to play a game with a better one. ;P

No, FFXI's community is just entirely composed of people so socially unbearable that the only people who can stand them are other FFXI players.

Reeve
Oct 24, 2006, 09:34 AM
On 2006-10-23 23:54, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
Am I the only one here that gives a damn about and *wants* to play through storymode and Extra Mode?

Am i the only one that has a lot of RL stuff to do?, and Am I the only one has other fun PS2 games to play;
instead of bitching and whining like a selfish, spoiled little brat cause not "everything" is available online, day one?

Am I the only one not in race to play every area in PSU, and not interested in rushing to the max level at everything? I guess I'm the only one that likes to chat with other players, hunt for materials to make weapons and just have FUN. And not worry about content.

you sound no better than the people you criticise, people play games for the reasons they want to play them, this doesnt mean they are the same reasons you play a game for and you cant criticise them becuase of that

i suppose sonic team can do nothing bad in your eyes.....

people pay for the whole game they expect to get it theres nothing wrong with ranting cos its not all available from day one even if they get owned as soon as they enter the area

Chaobo99
Oct 24, 2006, 10:11 AM
in PSU..everyone talks random chat for forever...FFXI with its slow-based combat VS PSU with its fast paced run through lvlels...PSU wins...

James2006
Oct 24, 2006, 10:35 AM
6000 hours! Do you realize that you have spent 250 full days on that game!

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 10:48 AM
On 2006-10-24 01:43, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
so playing Storymode, hunting for materials, doing missions to gain class exp and meseta, raising up your Partner Machine, and trying to creating nice and powerful weapons and other items is "nothing else to do" ? lol. some people's expectations are *way* overboard IMO.

Storymode isn't as fun as people think because Ethan is "Super Ethan", which makes the game too easy. Most people play PSU for online, not the story. Just like the old DC days.

As for your other post about me, I'm not spoiled kid. I have a house and a family on my own. All I want is a complete game at launch, nothing wrong with that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-10-24 08:53 ]</font>

physic
Oct 24, 2006, 10:54 AM
no one said they had to have the full game, but really if its like jp, they really start you off with practically nothing, at the very least they should give you a reason why your are leveling, or some low level story.
Its like log on and level, why am i killing these things? i dunno but its killing! ya!

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 10:55 AM
On 2006-10-24 07:34, Reeve wrote:

On 2006-10-23 23:54, ShadowDragon28 wrote:

you sound no better than the people you criticise, people play games for the reasons they want to play them, this doesnt mean they are the same reasons you play a game for and you cant criticise them becuase of that

i suppose sonic team can do nothing bad in your eyes.....

people pay for the whole game they expect to get it theres nothing wrong with ranting cos its not all available from day one even if they get owned as soon as they enter the area

Thank you. Finally, there is some logic on this board afterall.

ST can do no bad to some people I guess.

peachgirldb
Oct 24, 2006, 10:55 AM
Actually, I kinda thought the FFXII demo resembled PSO as far as combat....

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 10:59 AM
On 2006-10-24 01:18, Ether wrote:

On 2006-10-23 23:10, hucast21 wrote:

-No expert classes

Three of those things also require a character at level 40 or higher to actually use. No Moatoob at the start does suck, cuz those stages are awesome, but they're also very hard and it gives you something to look forward to

To whoever mentioned shotguns, grinding them online gives a massive +2 atp, they're possibly the worst grinding weapon in the game, so you're not missing much

On the 360 beta, I was already maxed out at level 30. I have seen people reach 30 two days before I did.

In the US, I expect gamers to reach level 40 in less than 2 weeks. It's not hard to grind smart and level up quickly.

Some people are even taking days off from work just to play the game. (I'm not, priorities come first)

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 24, 2006, 11:00 AM
how can people complain about locked content in an online RPG. It's called a freaking content update for a reason! you wouldn't even know of that stuff if it wasn't for the JP content update. When the newer updates starts coming in I guess you'll complain that there is even more stuff that should have been released at the start?

people always scream murder when they don't get what they want. they also claim as a consumer they should get their moneys worth when indeed they knew what they were buying from the start (or should have known). It's crazy...

physic
Oct 24, 2006, 11:03 AM
if you play offline, then you play online, you will be like wtf i am gimped up hard. you will know you are gimped from the game itself, when you cant even go to the world that is available in like mission 3 or something. You will know you are behind when after playing through a big story you go on line and they dont tell you why you are even fighting,
im not saying the game sucks, or that there should be no content thats time released, but the question is how much, and how long, with jp as an example, a great many people will reach the caps way before they change anything, which is bad.

Jibrish
Oct 24, 2006, 11:06 AM
I played ff11 since about the US release, then moved to ps2 when it came out.

I also played Everquest, EQ 2, WoW, EQOA, DAoC, Anarchy online, eve, spacecowboy,flyff,maple story ect. ect.

And ff11 (other then older eqoa and EQ 1) was the worst (and close to the previous 2) for worst-grind status. That game, though i loved it and still do, had little high end compared to alot of other mmorpg's. Now i don't know about the TOAU high end, as i quit before they patched it in. But last i checked, all they really added was cerberus and alot of grind material.

Fortunetly though for ff, the grinding wasn't all that bad. XP chains, skill chains ect.ect. gave it an in-depth feel.

If PSU is anything like PSO, it's hardly a grind. The "grinding" aspect of it is fast past hack and slash style combat. It felt *sort of* like an FPS hack and slash, with levels and lewtz and a whole slew of active quests to do.

PSU seems to have the player base on PSO by far, so i'm expecting tons and tons more content. High hopes though!

Mike
Oct 24, 2006, 11:07 AM
You know, if you're going to complain about it so much, why even bother posting? Just don't buy the game and go back to playing whatever other game you want.

SpishackCola
Oct 24, 2006, 11:09 AM
On 2006-10-24 09:07, Mike wrote:
You know, if you're going to complain about it so much, why even bother posting? Just don't buy the game and go back to playing whatever other game you want.

A winrar is you!

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 11:10 AM
On 2006-10-24 09:00, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
how can people complain about locked content in an online RPG. It's called a freaking content update for a reason! you wouldn't even know of that stuff if it wasn't for the JP content update. When the newer updates starts coming in I guess you'll complain that there is even more stuff that should have been released at the start?

people always scream murder when they don't get what they want. they also claim as a consumer they should get their moneys worth when indeed they knew what they were buying from the start (or should have known). It's crazy...

Now PSU is an online RPG? I thought it was more of a story now, lol.

You could quote me kid if you want to directly respond to my post.

Most games that are sold on the market now are complete. They release online content to make the game more interesting, to add new areas.

That is not PSU. It's a stripped down version, locked, with waiting for content updates just to make the game complete.

Do you understand the difference now?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-10-24 09:11 ]</font>

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 11:17 AM
On 2006-10-24 09:07, Mike wrote:

You think I'll be complaining? Just watch when people finally go online and then the real complaining will flood the boards.

No, I will not buy the game. I'll wait till ST finally updates the US servers. Whenever that will be.

In the future, it will be funny when the next PSU version comes out. How much more locked content there will be until it's not even a game anymore?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-10-24 09:19 ]</font>

princejake2
Oct 24, 2006, 11:24 AM
I see where you are coming from, hucast, and I understand what you mean. I don't really mind having little to do at first though, seeing as how I was content with the Beta, but if it takes too long for new content, I'll get bored.

Yoiyami
Oct 24, 2006, 11:30 AM
Hmm. I honestly don't know how the 360 works, but don't you have to install the game? I remember hearing that it took the FF11 360 version 3 whole hours to install or update, maybe longer. The same could be said for the other versions.

So maybe there's a good reason why some of the content is locked, whether that's the reason or not. If it wasn't that, a good handful of people would be upset about something else. To be honest, if you want the game, all that should matter is that the content is going to be here. It's okay to rant about it being locked, it's okay to wait until the content is released to buy it. But in the end, all that matters is that it's coming. No matter how much arguing/bickering/debating you do amongst yourselves, it'll still be locked until released.

But oh well, what do I know?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2006-10-24 09:30 ]</font>

princejake2
Oct 24, 2006, 11:36 AM
Well, you had to "install" FFXI for PS2 as well, because you have to put the PlayOnline Viewer and everything on the HDD. PSU's online is directly from a disk, similar to PSO's, so I would assume no, you do not need to "install" the game.

Just my idea, I could be wrong.

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 11:36 AM
On 2006-10-24 09:24, princejake2 wrote:
I see where you are coming from, hucast, and I understand what you mean. I don't really mind having little to do at first though, seeing as how I was content with the Beta, but if it takes too long for new content, I'll get bored.

Bingo. You put it to better words than I can. That is exactly what I mean.

You and others will reach level 40 in no time, before the updates even come out.

I just hope the Story mode and Extra mode is up to par to tie you guys over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-10-24 09:36 ]</font>

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 11:44 AM
On 2006-10-24 09:30, Yoiyami wrote:
Hmm. I honestly don't know how the 360 works, but don't you have to install the game? I remember hearing that it took the FF11 360 version 3 whole hours to install or update, maybe longer. The same could be said for the other versions.

So maybe there's a good reason why some of the content is locked, whether that's the reason or not. If it wasn't that, a good handful of people would be upset about something else. To be honest, if you want the game, all that should matter is that the content is going to be here. It's okay to rant about it being locked, it's okay to wait until the content is released to buy it. But in the end, all that matters is that it's coming. No matter how much arguing/bickering/debating you do amongst yourselves, it'll still be locked until released.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2006-10-24 09:30 ]</font>

You install the game if you bought the PC version IIRC.

I'm just saying, they should take all the PSU videos showing Moatoob online or at least put a disclaimer like "online content will be updated etc" at the end of the video, to let newbies understand that it won't be available from the start.

There is a lot of people buying PSU who never played any PSO based game ever.

I'm sure those PSU vids got their attention to buy the game, but when they buy it and realize their is locked content, they would feel like they got gipped.

I'll stop posting in this topic now. I just want people (newbies) to understand that what you see in the vids is not what you will get from the start.

Yoiyami
Oct 24, 2006, 11:55 AM
On 2006-10-24 09:44, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-10-24 09:30, Yoiyami wrote:

You install the game if you bought the PC version IIRC.

I'm just saying, they should take all the PSU videos showing Moatoob online or at least put a disclaimer like "online content will be updated etc" at the end of the video, to let newbies understand that it won't be available from the start.

There is a lot of people buying PSU who never played any PSO based game ever.

I'm sure those PSU vids got their attention to buy the game, but when they buy it and realize their is locked content, they would feel like they got gipped.

I'll stop posting in this topic now. I just want people (newbies) to understand that what you see in the vids is not what you will get from the start.

They should know that already if they took the time to read the FAQ on the official site. I've read numerous times that the content will come one at a time. On this site, on the official site, the official forum, just about everywhere. You really can't miss it. Also, I'm pretty sure just about everyone knows that the vids they saw were the JP version (most were in Japanese and most of the people that posted them noted it, kind of obvious) and that it has been out for a few months. Of course they have more content, they waited for it and now we have to wait too just like they did. Most of those vids were made by the JP players and importers, they had no obligation to put notices in their videos mainly because anyone that did a little reading would know they're on a version that has been out longer so they have more.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the point you're trying to make and why. We'll get our services and features and our money won't be going to waste, we just have to wait like JP did. Why should we be put above them? I'm sorry that you or anyone else was let down by the fact that you don't have immediate access to everything in the game (you wouldn't even if it wasn't locked), but that's just the way it is. We practice some patience and wait like everyone else.

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 12:09 PM
On 2006-10-24 09:55, Yoiyami wrote:

They should know that already if they took the time to read the FAQ on the official site. I've read numerous times that the content will come one at a time. On this site, on the official site, the official forum, just about everywhere. You really can't miss it. Also, I'm pretty sure just about everyone knows that the vids they saw were the JP version (most were in Japanese and most of the people that posted them noted it, kind of obvious) and that it has been out for a few months. Of course they have more content, they waited for it and now we have to wait too just like they did. Most of those vids were made by the JP players and importers, they had no obligation to put notices in their videos mainly because anyone that did a little reading would know they're on a version that has been out longer so they have more.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the point you're trying to make and why. We'll get our services and features and our money won't be going to waste, we just have to wait like JP did. Why should we be put above them? I'm sorry that you or anyone else was let down by the fact that you don't have immediate access to everything in the game (you wouldn't even if it wasn't locked), but that's just the way it is. We practice some patience and wait like everyone else.

When Sega releases new PSU trailers, nobody shouldn't jump through hoops and read constantly to see what is included or not.

You could call that deceptive advertising.

You are also assuming that newbies are hardcore like you: reading the FAQ, forums, etc to get their information.

Some people don't have the time to read everything you know.

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2006, 12:14 PM
I still think PSU will mainly run off the disk, the install was specific to the PC users. FFXI is a very different animal. The main reason why it took 2 hours or so, on the 360 was because it was an old long-established MMO series, and even after the direct-disk, install, there were Gigs of updates to download, to bring the client up to date.

It's pretty much akin to buying Guild Wars, for the first time now. Or World of Warcraft. You're going to start with a long update process after the initial install. The longer the MMO has been out, the longer you'd expect that update process to take.

Client updates, for this game, are probably going to minimal, in comparison. If there are any at all.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 24, 2006, 12:15 PM
This games content is its fun combat, nuff said

Oh and atleast in PSU you dont need a party to take a DUMP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-24 10:15 ]</font>

Yoiyami
Oct 24, 2006, 12:48 PM
On 2006-10-24 10:09, hucast21 wrote:
When Sega releases new PSU trailers, nobody shouldn't jump through hoops and read constantly to see what is included or not.

You could call that deceptive advertising.

You are also assuming that newbies are hardcore like you: reading the FAQ, forums, etc to get their information.

Some people don't have the time to read everything you know.

You're just making excuses now. Why wouldn't you want to find out more about the product you're about to purchase? It's not even "hardcore" reading, it's really just skimming through things and looking for key details and sentences. That's all I did and I ended up being pretty informed about the investment I'm going to make.

Blindly buying something is irresponsible and if that's something you or anyone else was going to do then that's your own fault. Sega has everything you need to know about the game. Terms and conditions, rules and information about the features. Everything is there, this isn't last minute news nor did they promise you immediate content. They promised frequent content updates and "other goodies", they've been saying this all along. How was anyone deceived? So far, they're doing exactly what they said they were going to do, no one was lied to at all. If you didn't take the time to at least SKIM through any of it during that long wait for the game to be released then the fact that you're shocked and disappointed is no ones fault but your own, wouldn't you agree?

NeuroNomad
Oct 24, 2006, 01:01 PM
I have played just about every MMO out there, at least a few dozen of them anyway. Funny thing is games like WoW that have so much content is when you look at the content really all that content is cloaked grind. Quest are cloaked grind, either Kill X number of X mobs or FedEx this across the map.

It is community that makes a game fun not content. If it was just the content then most of us would just play offline games.

Miphesto
Oct 24, 2006, 01:05 PM
quit dissin on wow...with like 100 times more people playing, your gonna have more idiots.

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 01:20 PM
On 2006-10-24 10:48, Yoiyami wrote:

You're just making excuses now. Why wouldn't you want to find out more about the product you're about to purchase? It's not even "hardcore" reading, it's really just skimming through things and looking for key details and sentences. That's all I did and I ended up being pretty informed about the investment I'm going to make.

Blindly buying something is irresponsible and if that's something you or anyone else was going to do then that's your own fault. Sega has everything you need to know about the game. Terms and conditions, rules and information about the features. Everything is there, this isn't last minute news nor did they promise you immediate content. They promised frequent content updates and "other goodies", they've been saying this all along. How was anyone deceived? So far, they're doing exactly what they said they were going to do, no one was lied to at all. If you didn't take the time to at least SKIM through any of it during that long wait for the game to be released then the fact that you're shocked and disappointed is no ones fault but your own, wouldn't you agree?

Excuses? Again, you're assuming every PSU fan is your age. I'm also talking about the spoiled little kids between the ages of 9-12.

You think kids will follow up on their purchasing decisions? No, they tell mommy or daddy to buy it for them.

Do you how many kids I met on the 360 beta? A lot and I mean alot. Some party leaders kicked them out once they heard their voices through the mic.

Are you going to tell me that a 9 yr. old kid should read up on everything before "they" (meaning mommmy) buy something?

Did you do that when you were that age? No, mommy bought it for you so you could be quiet and stop harassing her about it.

I'm sure kids comprehend terms and conditions, rules and information about the features lol.

Before you jump on the parents fault for reading everything, do you have kids of your own? I assume you don't and parents can't read every single term and condition on every product they buy for their kid.

Seriously, how old are you?

Kaply
Oct 24, 2006, 01:26 PM
On 2006-10-24 01:43, ShadowDragon28 wrote:

Your view is too optimistic. Drawing from experience in the jp release:

Raising a partner machine is just a matter of time and you can only feed them once every 12 hours. 3 feedings every two days, netting about 7 pts. You could be done feeding your PM into the evolved state in 4 days.

Doing missions to gain class exp and meseta is just a lot of grinding. Gets kind of boring with just a few decent missions available. There are some areas that just don't give a lot of class xp/meseta.

Trying to create powerful weapons, this varies with the classes. Guns and wands are a short endeavor. Create them, grind it, done. As well, if this was like the initial jp release, then you'll end up with 5 star weapons that are good for the times but they're one star short of the perfect for their rank so their longevity is significantly shortened once the expert classes become available (meaning that for some expert classes, they still can equip B rank weapons, aka 4-6 star weapons. However 6 star being the best that they can equip thus 6 stars still have value even for expert classes).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2006-10-24 11:30 ]</font>

Mike
Oct 24, 2006, 01:40 PM
On 2006-10-24 09:17, hucast21 wrote:
You think I'll be complaining? Just watch when people finally go online and then the real complaining will flood the boards.

No, I will not buy the game. I'll wait till ST finally updates the US servers. Whenever that will be.

In the future, it will be funny when the next PSU version comes out. How much more locked content there will be until it's not even a game anymore?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-10-24 09:19 ]</font>

Maybe but I'll be enjoying myself in PSU when that happens so I won't mind as much. Sitting around waiting for a game grates on everyone's nerves and you're not helping.

Bleemo
Oct 24, 2006, 01:40 PM
On 2006-10-24 11:01, NeuroNomad wrote:
I have played just about every MMO out there, at least a few dozen of them anyway. Funny thing is games like WoW that have so much content is when you look at the content really all that content is cloaked grind. Quest are cloaked grind, either Kill X number of X mobs or FedEx this across the map.

It is community that makes a game fun not content. If it was just the content then most of us would just play offline games.

This is actually controversial in my opinion.

Online RPG's are undoubtedly made for the social gamer. The entire games are built upon group interaction, teamwork, and all of that fuzzy relational stuff. An online RPG also is only truly entertaining when you have compainions to play through the game with; it's about social interaction.

However, neglecting content, especially solo content on online RPG's will push the game toward more of a social requirement. Western gamers are more interested in gameplay and multiple activities available in a game; WoW banked on this. Instead of making their game completely sociologically driven, they focused on at least half of their gameplay and content on the solo gamer. One of the sole reasons gamers get tired of an online RPG is that usually for the game to be enjoyable, it is required that you are in some sort of social community when you play. WoW was designed so that the requirement was eased off of, and made a very large portion of the game playable like an actual video game. Where you could play through the game by yourself without any need of support if you wanted. I think this was one of the main fundamentals of WoW's success; the fact that players could do more on their own than being practically required to play with others. It wasn't just that they could do more on their own, but the content was actually enjoyable enough to promote solo-play. Sort of a "play by yourself, group when you feel like it" mentality.

WoW is very content driven, where-as a game like FFXI is very accomplishment driven. I don't think Blizzard made any wrong mistake designing WoW with the mentality that players are not always going to strive for group play, and that some even find it troublesome.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 24, 2006, 01:45 PM
K, here is your quote then. Clearly this rant has nothing to do with "spoiled little kids between 9-12" this is about you, the hardcore guy who reads the faq and forums who knew what he was getting into weeks (if not months) ago. stop making excuses. and unless you're 30 you're probably the kid.

-No expert classes

Bleemo
Oct 24, 2006, 01:53 PM
On 2006-10-24 11:20, hucast21 wrote:
Excuses? Again, you're assuming every PSU fan is your age. I'm also talking about the spoiled little kids between the ages of 9-12.

You think kids will follow up on their purchasing decisions? No, they tell mommy or daddy to buy it for them.

Do you how many kids I met on the 360 beta? A lot and I mean alot. Some party leaders kicked them out once they heard their voices through the mic.

Are you going to tell me that a 9 yr. old kid should read up on everything before "they" (meaning mommmy) buy something?

Did you do that when you were that age? No, mommy bought it for you so you could be quiet and stop harassing her about it.

I'm sure kids comprehend terms and conditions, rules and information about the features lol.

Before you jump on the parents fault for reading everything, do you have kids of your own? I assume you don't and parents can't read every single term and condition on every product they buy for their kid.

Seriously, how old are you?

(I apologise for the double post, I just had to respond to this.)

You're making excuses.

If the child is able enough to go on the internet and watch videos of PSU, he would be able enough to read up about the game that he wants to play. As Yoiyami stated, it isn't hard to miss the fact that there will be some content locked until otherwise released because it's plastered pretty much everywhere.

If a kid learns about this game from somewhere else, say his friends house or an advertisement, he certainly wouldn't be aware of the actual extent of the game's content. He wouldn't care in the first place. If the kid either doesn't know about the unreleased content, or is too young to read up about the game he wants to get, then unreleased content becomes irrelevant.

You're the one complaining, not the innocent little children who get their mothers to buy them PSU(At least about unreleased content.).

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 02:01 PM
On 2006-10-24 11:45, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
K, here is your quote then. Clearly this rant has nothing to do with "spoiled little kids between 9-12" this is about you, the hardcore guy who reads the faq and forums who knew what he was getting into weeks (if not months) ago. stop making excuses. and unless you're 30 you're probably the kid.

-No expert classes

Nah I'm 25 with a 5 yr. old daughter. Go back to class kid.

We'll see how many people will complain then. Teenagers, you always think you know everything.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 24, 2006, 02:03 PM
I'm 27 with a college degree and a great career. class is over for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alpha-Hunter on 2006-10-24 12:04 ]</font>

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 02:08 PM
On 2006-10-24 11:53, Bleemo wrote:

(I apologise for the double post, I just had to respond to this.)

You're making excuses.

If the child is able enough to go on the internet and watch videos of PSU, he would be able enough to read up about the game that he wants to play. As Yoiyami stated, it isn't hard to miss the fact that there will be some content locked until otherwise released because it's plastered pretty much everywhere.

If a kid learns about this game from somewhere else, say his friends house or an advertisement, he certainly wouldn't be aware of the actual extent of the game's content. He wouldn't care in the first place. If the kid either doesn't know about the unreleased content, or is too young to read up about the game he wants to get, then unreleased content becomes irrelevant.

You're the one complaining, not the innocent little children who get their mothers to buy them PSU(At least about unreleased content.).

Again, you're assuming on what people will or will not do in certain situations.

Take this sentence:

"If the child is able enough to go on the internet and watch videos of PSU, he would be able enough to read up about the game that he wants to play."

Oh really? You're assuming kids aren't lazy these days, which they certainly are.

Go on youtube and see how many kids comment on wanting to play Moatoob. Any money the kid stopped right there at the PSU youtube vid for his info on the game.

grimstone
Oct 24, 2006, 02:11 PM
OMG locked content in an online game. I have never heard of this im sueing

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 02:12 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:03, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
I'm 27 with a college degree and a great career. class is over for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alpha-Hunter on 2006-10-24 12:04 ]</font>

Anybody can have a degree and graduate with a 2.0 GPA.

Now was your GPA a 3.96 in Computer Science from UM?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 02:14 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:11, grimstone wrote:
OMG locked content in an online game. I have never heard of this im sueing

Learn to spell suing kid, the joke would be better.

chewydawg
Oct 24, 2006, 02:15 PM
hucast you are startin a lot of mess in this topic so plz stop and leave us be. i am not trying to be mean but this is a commuhnity it's suiff like this that makes us look bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif (seriously this is sad )

but to get on topic i think we are going to have the full game because this: were grouped up with japan the ones who got the update so if we didnt there would be a flaw in the whole entire game (plz correct me if i'm wrong) and the content in the game expands the exprince so the community could have more fun but if the community sucks (which i doubt) the game sucks.(freak extra mode!!!!!!! although story mode is cool)

Nestahima
Oct 24, 2006, 02:15 PM
6000 hours. Thats 250 played days. My gosh, leave the house!

Randomness
Oct 24, 2006, 02:18 PM
Be social, kill some stuff, then be social again. Good way to describe PSO.

Elleranda
Oct 24, 2006, 02:20 PM
Pro tip: People who say "kid" are fucking retarded.

Bleemo
Oct 24, 2006, 02:20 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:08, hucast21 wrote:
Oh really? You're assuming kids aren't lazy these days, which they certainly are.

If you're going to be lazy, don't complain in the first place.

Didn't Yoiyami already state this?

Go on youtube and see how many kids comment on wanting to play Moatoob.

I don't care how many kids on Youtube are complaining about not being able to enter Moatoob. Their complaints don't make your opinion any more correct, it just makes them the same as you.

Any money the kid stopped right there at the PSU youtube vid for his info on the game.
What exactly do you mean by this? The sentence you formed here was pretty unintelligible.

You seem to be dodging the facts thrown at you completely.

I'll state this again for emphasis: If the kid is able enough to watch videos on Youtube, he is able enough to read up about the game he wants. If he is lazy, then he has no room for complaint.

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 02:22 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:15, chewydawg wrote:
hucast you are startin a lot of mess in this topic so plz stop and leave us be. i am not trying to be mean but this is a commuhnity it's suiff like this that makes us look bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif (seriously this is sad )

but to get on topic i think we are going to have the full game because this: were grouped up with japan the ones who got the update so if we didnt there would be a flaw in the whole entire game (plz correct me if i'm wrong) and the content in the game expands the exprince so the community could have more fun but if the community sucks (which i doubt) the game sucks.(freak extra mode!!!!!!! although story mode is cool)

What is sad is that you're begging me to leave. I'll leave when I want to leave, thank you.

Ok I'll make it better for you:

PSU is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sonic Team can do no wrong, who cares about locked content!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy now?

Chronoblip
Oct 24, 2006, 02:24 PM
Anyway, the base gameplay for PSU is much more involved. Where you stand makes a difference, how you time your strikes makes a difference (and no, button spamming isn't a skill). A huge part of the "content" is finding your play style and getting used to the combat system.

In WoW, there were definitive right and wrong answers to how to play the game. Say, old school iRO, you had flexibility of being able to build a very diverse character because you could control your stat growth as well as choosing a class. There wasn't a right answer, just some that worked better than others in very specific circumstances, outside of which it was all up to play style.

I see PSU as being much more open-ended for the user, which means that time spent experimenting with new play styles isn't going to be a waste. I am sure that there may eventually be typecast roles, but not nearly being so ironclad as in games where you have : nuker, tank, dps, healer, etc...

It isn't really fair to compare content, or the supposed lack thereof, because all MMO's ship with stuff locked or left off for a later patch. That is the whole thing with online games, that they have a relative infinite amount of content available, just how much should you expect to be released at day 1?

[Spell check in aisle 2 please]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chronoblip on 2006-10-24 12:27 ]</font>

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 02:24 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:20, Elleranda wrote:

Men who play as females in online RPG's are fucking retarded.

Bleemo
Oct 24, 2006, 02:28 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:24, hucast21 wrote:

She's a real female you retard.

physic
Oct 24, 2006, 02:30 PM
but what if elleranda is a girl that leaves you still scoffed on kid, but her unrebutted.

Course i say kid, and i dont think im fucking retarded, cause at least a retard whose fucking is getting sex and not staring at a page waiting for a game that wont be here like me.
Anyhow your bitching is a valid complaint, however it is what it is, for some people it will be best to get the game 3 months later so that they dont have to wait and get more bang for thier buck, but who am i kidding im gonna get it as soon as i can, and since they did one thing with jp, the best we could hope for is that part of the lag in content was sue to server issues (although its unlikely) anyhow take it easy, peace

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: physic on 2006-10-24 12:32 ]</font>

Sevenfold
Oct 24, 2006, 02:31 PM
Wait, theres more than one internet?

Zato-2TWO
Oct 24, 2006, 02:31 PM
PEOPLE WHO CALL EACH OTHER RETARDS ON THE INTERNETS IS RETARDS.

ARGUING ON THE INTERNETS!! >: I

Zato-2TWO
Oct 24, 2006, 02:33 PM
YES. THERE'S THE INTERNET, AND THERE'S THE KIND YOU WIN. ON THE INTERNET.

INTERNETS!!

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 02:33 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:20, Bleemo wrote:

On 2006-10-24 12:08, hucast21 wrote:

If you're going to be lazy, don't complain in the first place.

Didn't Yoiyami already state this?

Go on youtube and see how many kids comment on wanting to play Moatoob.

I don't care how many kids on Youtube are complaining about not being able to enter Moatoob. Their complaints don't make your opinion any more correct, it just makes them the same as you.

Any money the kid stopped right there at the PSU youtube vid for his info on the game.
What exactly do you mean by this? The sentence you formed here was pretty unintelligible.

You seem to be dodging the facts thrown at you completely.

I'll state this again for emphasis: If the kid is able enough to watch videos on Youtube, he is able enough to read up about the game he wants. If he is lazy, then he has no room for complaint.

You can't say nobody has no room for complaint.

Everybody has a right to voice their opinion on the matter.

The fact that people are already complaining about locked content, should be enough for ST to look into the matter.

Maybe you like getting in incomplete game, fine by me. It's your money anyways.

Elleranda
Oct 24, 2006, 02:36 PM

Yeah, I agree with you. Especially when they act all cute, like "LOL u r so funy =^.^= can i hav itam plz?"

Anyway, it's nothing personal. But honestly, I have NEVER seen anyone over 20 call someone "kid" as an insult. I've only ever heard it from Jr. High kids walking down the street on their way from school, making fun of eachother.

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 02:36 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:28, Bleemo wrote:

She's a real female you retard.

Edit: took it too far

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-10-24 12:42 ]</font>

grimstone
Oct 24, 2006, 02:37 PM
do not feed the trolls

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 24, 2006, 02:39 PM
People who call people retards on the internet are good Special olympics candidates

chewydawg
Oct 24, 2006, 02:42 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:22, hucast21 wrote:

What is sad is that you're begging me to leave. I'll leave when I want to leave, thank you.

Happy now?

i doubt there is going to be any locked content!!!! thats wat im trying to say and im not begging you leave i'm just saying be nicer to everyone and try to get along instead of startin mess with every one . if you got problems dont take it out on us tell sonic team or Sega!!!!thats your power as the "consumer" to complain

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 02:42 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:36, Elleranda wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you. Especially when they act all cute, like "LOL u r so funy =^.^= can i hav itam plz?"

Anyway, it's nothing personal. But honestly, I have NEVER seen anyone over 20 call someone "kid" as an insult. I've only ever heard it from Jr. High kids walking down the street on their way from school, making fun of eachother.

Nothing personal also, just stirring up shit.

Just watching PSU fanactics get their panties in a bunch over some complaining is funny.

If you guys don't get it, I was bullshitting the whole time. I wanted to see how far can I take it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I already bought the Guardian's License for the 360 and I'm bored at work waiting to get off and get it.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-10-24 12:46 ]</font>

hucast21
Oct 24, 2006, 02:45 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:42, chewydawg wrote:

Happy now?

i doubt there is going to be any locked content!!!! thats wat im trying to say and im not begging you leave i'm just saying be nicer to everyone and try to get along instead of startin mess with every one . if you got problems dont take it out on us tell sonic team or Sega!!!!thats your power as the "consumer" to complain

I was bullshitting the whole time, yanking everyone's chain.

I wouldn't have registered on this forum if I wasn't going to buy the game.

chewydawg
Oct 24, 2006, 02:54 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:45, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-10-24 12:42, chewydawg wrote:

Happy now?

I was bullshitting the whole time, yanking everyone's chain.

I wouldn't have registered on this forum if I wasn't going to buy the game.

i ******* know the last part you ******* now go to sleep and tell me wen everything is better.

(jk)lolz this has been an interesting forum but im pretty sur e that it could be resolved very easily...(ask someone official!!!)

Carlo210
Oct 24, 2006, 03:51 PM
Hucast took the easy way out.

'-.-

chewydawg
Oct 24, 2006, 04:47 PM
On 2006-10-24 13:51, Carlo210 wrote:
Hucast took the easy way out.

'-.-

lolz

chewydawg
Oct 24, 2006, 04:49 PM
he was taking to much heat huh ?? sry for double post

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 24, 2006, 04:50 PM
Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you're still a retard

Lol

Carlo210
Oct 24, 2006, 05:24 PM
Seriously, he obviously wasn't "yanking everyone's chain", he just doesn't want to argue anymore. Whatever, I can't prove anything, so what do I care. Just wanna let you know you aren't fooling anyone with such a dubious self-solution.

Anyways, I have a feeling PSU in north america is going to get screwed over by ST again. I expect laggy servers and delayed content (PSOX Christmas ftl).
It's not like I'm making the possibility up - ST just doesn't give a rat's arse about the NA fanbase.
The only way I see ST being even 50% fair to the Xbox 360 version of the game is if Microsoft has a say.

Durand
Oct 24, 2006, 07:41 PM
Either way, the majority has spoken.

Back on topic:
Though story missions will take a little while, and I think that's a good idea, so I don't log on tomorrow unable to try the new story quest untill I level 20 times, there is still a lot of content to explore. Also, the plateaus of power will still occur. There will be the strongest ones, then a patch will send all of us racing to level some more.
Hucast21 I hope you were joking, if not I sincerely apologise for any disservice people like myself have caused you. Let's have some goodwill in this thread for a change, after all, we'll be sharing the servers soon enough, and I don't want any of this in my game. Especially the quote of the quote of the quote of the quote. That just sucked to scroll through.
I can't wait to try PSU in english, and I hope Haloween is on when I show up. Nothing better than celebrating a real world holiday in a game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Durand on 2006-10-24 17:42 ]</font>

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 08:05 PM
Its hard to tell if what I'm saying is on topic since their was alot of arguing that i skimmed or passed over but it sounds like a similair conscern I was having the other day. I was conscerned about whether the updated content that ST was reffering to was merely the stuff they had locked on the disk which would be pretty lame. Get people to keep paying for a game for content they have but cant access yet but will be released in increments over time. It would be justified if they are releasing the content in increments for the sake of balancing which would make sense. Then I consider the mentality of JP companies who tend to unintentionally make certain statements with a slant without relaizing what certain things mean to certain people.

The scope of this game is way to small to be releasing locked content in increments for the sake of controlling our progression which is similair to my gripe with games that utilize random battls and turnbased battles systems. They are just cheap methods to control how fast we complete the game and keeps us in the dark about how much content they really put into the title compared to its value. I'm starting to think thats what ST may be pulling with the PSU with the whole slowly giving us stuff we already have but can't access ploy as if they are giving us genuine content updates.

These are some of the specualtions made about the industry and eposodic content where developers could sell us a complete game in say.. 10% incriments as if its something revolutionary for the consumer when all it is is a questionable business plan.

physic
Oct 24, 2006, 08:13 PM
offline the amount of battles is usually done pretty well by larger games, its a means of balancing your growth and the challenge, so you dont have to sit around leveling up just to beat certain bosses. When the random battles are balanced well, it really makes a dif.

As far as the locked content, my problem isnt with it, so much as how they choose to release it, for now it seems very slow, 1 mission every 2 weeks, is kind oof hmm slow, one month for moatabb is kind of long. the

AzurewrathXIX
Oct 24, 2006, 08:20 PM
On 2006-10-24 11:01, NeuroNomad wrote:

Yes, you just described WoW, that's why I stopped. WoW =
Kill 10 Rabbits for Heljikio.
Get 12 Rabbit ears for Suzumi.
Kill 10 crocodiles for Natsuko.
Get 10 Croc teeth for Jimmy the Large.

That's all it really is, grinding and quests, and the instances endgame blow.

WoW is not FFXI, WoW is crap. ;P

Miphesto wrote:quit dissin on wow...with like 100 times more people playing, your gonna have more idiots.
You're*

On 2006-10-24 12:15, Nestahima wrote:
6000 hours. Thats 250 played days. My gosh, leave the house!

This would work better if you realized that you are sitting on a computer, posting on forums, waiting for an online game to be released so you can waste a crapload of time on it. Face it, I have no life, and obviously you don't either. ;P

Also, it's not like it was 250 days of playtime in a year.

Anyways, thanks for everyone who responded on topic.

PSU is a casual game for people who play once a week. There is nothing to do besides level up, and get items off the monster you level up off, because it's a casual game. PSU is not for the hardcore gamer.

Rhoak
Oct 24, 2006, 08:26 PM
I'm concerned about this issue only because I felt there was very little content in PSO. I'm comparing it to other subscription based, online games I've played. Sure there is an offline rpg that is totally separate from online. But PSO has always been about the online, and if PSU hopes to compete with today's online subscription based games, it's not exactly starting off on the right foot by artifically increasing the timeframe in which players access new content.

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 08:27 PM
On 2006-10-24 18:13, physic wrote:

As far as the locked content, my problem isnt with it, so much as how they choose to release it, for now it seems very slow, 1 mission every 2 weeks, is kind oof hmm slow, one month for moatabb is kind of long. the

That is primarily what I was reffering to although their is quite a bit I do not no about the games stages and difficulty so I prolly hold my judgements. Though it would still be lame if they are primarily trying to keep us thirsty rather than providing a decent service.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 24, 2006, 08:30 PM
They better have a fakload of content if they want to compete with today's games