PDA

View Full Version : Bradygames strategy guide has a lot of info on story mode an

nennafir
Oct 24, 2006, 10:53 AM
Just a heads up for people. The Bradygames strat guide talks about story mode (a walkthrough) from pages 14-187. It then talks about free missions in story/extra mode from pages 188-209.

It only talks about network mode for pages 210-219. There are no maps for network mode, no listings of items, etc.

It appears to be a very good guide if you want a walkthrough for story mode and a very bad guide if you want a supplement for online play.

This is just a note so that people are aware of this if they order it.

SephYuyX
Oct 24, 2006, 10:54 AM
Google > strat guides

physic
Oct 24, 2006, 10:56 AM
cause network mode is fairly unknown. and basically at segas whim, they couldnt at this time tell you much about it

Wheatpenny
Oct 24, 2006, 11:01 AM
Man bradygames strategey guides are a joke.The PSO startegy guide didn't realy have the information right.I had to go online to get correct info and that was free.

princejake2
Oct 24, 2006, 11:05 AM
GameFAQs owns guides, hands down. I just buy 'em to have them.

BrandonBa2
Oct 24, 2006, 11:09 AM
Online game guides are a joke. They become useless after 2 patches http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PLURSprout
Oct 24, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-10-24 09:09, BrandonBa2 wrote:
Online game guides are a joke. They become useless after 2 patches http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Honestly, I'd say 1 good patch myself.

James2006
Oct 24, 2006, 01:04 PM
I actually liked the PSO strategy guide, it had all the maps, item listings, rare item listing with stats and special abilities, and race stats.

PSU's strategy guide couldn't possibly be very useful for online as Sega hasn't finished it yet

Wheatpenny
Oct 24, 2006, 01:29 PM
I dunnow...if I remember correctly he strategy guide failed to mention Olga Flow goes all Mick Jagger and does his little "Rolling Stones" attack...and not to get off topic but now that I remember why does a rock falling on you do more damage thane geting hit by his OMG watch me hit the whole room sword attack.?

Mitz
Oct 24, 2006, 01:43 PM
On 2006-10-24 09:09, BrandonBa2 wrote:

You mean offline. You can update online ones.

Saner
Oct 24, 2006, 02:45 PM
online guides are really interfereing with guidebook sales.

people have jobs making guides and stuff while online people write up guides for free.

although companies like Brady Games and even Prima make a few sloppy guides here and there, note there are people making a living writing and designing those books.

no one's obligated to buy them but one can't ignore the fact that online guides are harming that business.

Natrokos
Oct 24, 2006, 03:04 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:45, Saner wrote:

people have jobs making guides and stuff while online people write up guides for free.

although companies like Brady Games and even Prima make a few sloppy guides here and there, note there are people making a living writing and designing those books.

no one's obligated to buy them but one can't ignore the fact that online guides are harming that business.

They could always opt to create an online guide via their website (since most websites require a membership and crap anyway it will hook people into getting involved.)

And just so you know (Not trying to be rude just stating the obvious) thousands of businesses harm other businesses or help other businesses knowingly or unknowingly....I can't remember all the termonolgy but these are basic principles taught in business law and management....Jobs burn out and come into existance because of the actions of third parties....That's part of free market economics. It sucks but it's true.

Starbucks put my friends moms diy coffee shop out of business 4 months ago....It happens....If strategy guides can't compete with online guides they'll have to find something that works. Capitalism is harsh, if you don't keep up you'll be crushed. /shrug I wouldn't worry about it Saner, people will continue to buy strategy guides for the shiny pictures (myself included.)

Losodo1976
Oct 24, 2006, 03:14 PM
Strategy guide? Wow, you're a real adventurer, eh? :/

DreamLocke
Oct 24, 2006, 03:24 PM
I just got back from eb here (No PSU but at least I got my soundtrack) and I saw the guide. Man, it's huge. Like a bible. Pretty detailed, too. I'm probably still not going to get it, though.

Midicronica
Oct 24, 2006, 04:24 PM
Thanks for this bit of information and to think I was actually going to waste my money on it. Thought it would be handy to have a little book of information on weapons and skills and such at my disposal at all times. Sometimes I just really don't feel like leaving my room to go and look on the computer at a small bit of info on a certain weapon.

P_C_A
Oct 24, 2006, 04:28 PM
yea, i just got it today, a good read when you're on the toilet. Also it'll keep me occupied until i pick up the game tomorrow.

Dusk21
Oct 24, 2006, 04:30 PM
That was my very same reasoning down to a T http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. That'll be good reading on the john for a while. Not to mention it does have a couple things that are useful outside offline, but unfortunately not very much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zorafim
Oct 24, 2006, 04:49 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:45, Saner wrote:

Kinda strange when the work of a fan doing something to pass time is of higher quality than the work of a profesional trying to earn his dayly bread...

By the way, wasn't brady guides the company who did the FFXI guide? The one who said that nin/rdm was an elemental warrrior?

P_C_A
Oct 24, 2006, 04:52 PM
yep, and that guide sucked. Not totally though.