PDA

View Full Version : PSU Questions

Synth
Oct 24, 2006, 10:58 AM
First of all, I would like to say Hello to everyone on the forums. I am a long time lurker first time poster. Glad to finally join and be part of such a great community. Every online RPG I have played has been spent trying to get that DC PSO feeling. I have questions that I am having trouble locating, a few I need to know before I spend half a grand to be able to play PSU. So, if anyone could please help me out with any question, it would be greatly and immensely appreciate. Thank You.

1. Are PSU story mode and online mode the same in terms of bosses/layouts? Will I be exploring the same exact places? Or are they just the same theme but structured differently?

2. I know Sega is holding certain areas locked online, but are these the same places you go to in story mode eventually?

3. Is it possible to play story mode on the xbox360 version without an online connection?

4. Are there any penalties for a higher level char running a low level char through for quick exp/points like receiving less exp? For example, a level 50 killing everything for a level 5 after they tag.

5. Does anyone know or think they know if it is possible to play PSU on the 360 with dial up and a crossover cable to PC connection? What if I can only connect 26.4 kbps, will I be able to play by myself in locked games? Is the crossover cable necessary? Or does a regular ethernet cord suffice? If it's plausible, I just plan to solo. I am getting DSL in December; living in the country is killing me.

thadarkman78
Oct 24, 2006, 11:02 AM
1. Are PSU story mode and online mode the same in terms of bosses/layouts? Will I be exploring the same exact places? Or are they just the same theme but structured differently?

Same theme but structured differently. Granted there will be similar bosses, but the structure is different. I need a confirmation on this though.

2. I know Sega is holding certain areas locked online, but are these the same places you go to in story mode eventually?

Not sure on this one.

3. Is it possible to play story mode on the xbox360 version without an online connection?

Again not sure, but I believe you can.

4. Are there any penalties for a higher level char running a low level char through for quick exp/points like receiving less exp? For example, a level 50 killing everything for a level 5 after they tag.

Yes, because there is now a class leveling system, which you gain experience for by how well you do in missions. So if you go to some high level mission, you will gain lots of exp, but little mission points, therefore you won't be able to expert class change as quick. This will be detrimental, as 1st classes only allow up to B-Rank weapons. Also I thought I'd mention that you have to actually hit the monster to be able to get exp. (granted I don't know how PSO's exp system worked, just mentioning that) Exp works that if you get a hit in, you get a set amount of exp (doesn't matter how many times you hit it), and if you get the killing blow, you gain a bit more exp.

5. Does anyone know or think they know if it is possible to play PSU on the 360 with dial up and a crossover cable to PC connection? What if I can only connect 26.4 kbps, will I be able to play by myself in locked games? Is the crossover cable necessary? Or does a regular ethernet cord suffice? If it's plausible, I just plan to solo. I am getting DSL in December; living in the country is killing me.

On the 360 it won't be possible, as Live requires a broadband connection, as well as the PS2. On the PC, not sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thadarkman78 on 2006-10-24 09:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thadarkman78 on 2006-10-24 09:04 ]</font>

Synth
Oct 24, 2006, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the input thadarkman78. Much appreciated. Can anyone confirm or fill in on what hasn't been answered? Maybe an importer or anyone else with the knowledge? Thanks again.

Souppy
Oct 24, 2006, 07:37 PM
3. For once, yes. You don't need a Guardian's Licence to play offline and you don't need to have a Gamertag either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-10-24 17:41 ]</font>

Synth
Oct 25, 2006, 11:03 AM
Thank you Souppy, that at least makes me feel a bit better. I've spent literally hours upon hours trying to find out these answers and got nothing. Now I just need to know questions 1, 2, and 5.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Synth on 2006-10-25 19:29 ]</font>

Synth
Oct 25, 2006, 09:38 PM
Now that PC/PS2 people have it, anyone that would be kind enough to shed some light my way with questions 1 and 2?