PDA

View Full Version : Has Delay Affected Your Choice On What Console To Get It On?

DiscReadError
Oct 24, 2006, 12:34 PM
can u folks wait another day for the 360 version or do you absolutely need it tomorrow?

Yoiyami
Oct 24, 2006, 12:37 PM
Either wait or get it somewhere else. *shrugs*

CypherErebus
Oct 24, 2006, 12:45 PM
Huh? My gamestop says they'll have it tomorrow. They didn't get a delay or anything. I have it preordered.

AndrewLD16
Oct 24, 2006, 12:47 PM
I'm still going to get it for the PC.

Auronp
Oct 24, 2006, 12:48 PM
Nope, ps2 was it from the get go. Plus when i put down my reserve they said that most likely it would be here the 25th so all this stuff is no real shock for me.

DreamLocke
Oct 24, 2006, 12:51 PM
I'm afraid to call my eb...On topic, no. My computer sucks and my PS2 isn't set up for online. 360 all the way for me. Plus I put 50 bux down on the preorder b/c I thought I was paying it off... lol.

Tahldon
Oct 24, 2006, 12:54 PM
My PC's crap and I don't play my PS2 online.

The 360 is my system of choice and that's concrete.

Lol Stop saying Delay! It's not delayed! >.< It just ships today and is on shelves tomorrow. If they Delay PSU I'll die. I'll just bend over and croak.

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2006, 12:54 PM
Not at all. A little wait has nothing really to do with which system I chose to get the game on. I played the beta on my new widescreen monitor, and I plan to play the full game on the same thing.

Anyway, since the game will probably come out, for me, on the day of which the maintenance is happening anyway, I would say it'll be a good time to get started on the Story Mode. I'll probably get far enough to open up Extra mode, right then. (The first 4 chapters go by quicker than the later stuff).

Kaloa
Oct 24, 2006, 01:03 PM
Nope. I planned to get it for the PS2 all along since it's the most affordable option for me. I can't afford a good computer or a Xbox 360 right now. Even if the PS2 version was delayed for a few more months I'd still wait, not that I'd have much choice. But I'd really prefer to play on the PS2 anyways. Most of my friends will be on there and on PC. I don't have a single friend online or off that's planning on playing on Xbox.

Necrosis
Oct 24, 2006, 02:36 PM
360 for me, I must have my voice chat.

ProfessorZ
Oct 24, 2006, 02:42 PM
I smell sabotage but I'm still getting the 360 version

Feelmirath
Oct 24, 2006, 02:43 PM
Honestly? No. I'm still going with the PC version.

Diablohead
Oct 24, 2006, 02:44 PM
I'm tempted to get it for 360 now, import is supose to work and you can already buy the euro guardian license...

Depends if I can get my money back on the game from ebay.

*edit* my delay is because of of the oversea billing problem, thus 4 weeks wait.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Diablohead on 2006-10-24 12:45 ]</font>

Natrokos
Oct 24, 2006, 02:45 PM
If a one day less waiting period is the selling point for your pc/ps2 you are pretty stupid.

Losodo1976
Oct 24, 2006, 03:11 PM
Still gettin' it for PC... I upgraded just for this game, not gonna back out now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 24, 2006, 03:12 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:36, Necrosis wrote:
360 for me, I must have my voice chat.

PC gives you more options for Voice Chat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Skype, MSN, AIM, and so on...

Pure-chan
Oct 24, 2006, 03:46 PM
I'm sticking with PC, too. Besides, I've been waiting for PSU for years, another day won't be all THAT bad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DarkShadowX
Oct 24, 2006, 03:47 PM
On 2006-10-24 13:46, Pure-chan wrote:
I'm sticking with PC, too. Besides, I've been waiting for PSU for years, another day won't be all THAT bad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

My BS detector is reading mad BS right there.

Necrosis
Oct 25, 2006, 07:15 PM
On 2006-10-24 13:12, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

PC gives you more options for Voice Chat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Skype, MSN, AIM, and so on...

Sorry, I worded it wrong. I ment I need standardized voice chat. The 360 will allow me to EXPECT every player to have a headset. The same cannot be said for external protocols such as Vent/TS. I do use both Vent and TS respectively in various pvp oriented mmorpg's, but this is strictly private guild servers. Given the nature of PSO (which is similar to PSU in play), I dont ever want to depend on text communication during a mission.

Not that I'm disrespecting other versions of course, I just want the standard voice chat. The nice thing about the 360 is people's headsets are the same, so input and output volume is pretty much equal. While in something like Teamspeak, everyone is using any number of potentially infinate microphones, each person sounds of different quality and volume. I've had to force people in my guild before to purchase NEW headsets because their current one was insufficient one way or another.

Convenience, I guess, is my word.

Tetsuro
Oct 25, 2006, 07:25 PM
I am still gettin mine for 360, and I am glad, because I don't have to deal with all these sign up problems. Hopefull 360 won't have login problems either since it has seperate servers, but thats just wishful thinking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tetsuro on 2006-10-25 17:26 ]</font>

Bobkitty
Oct 25, 2006, 07:33 PM
TBH today I almost said screw it and just buy it for PC, but I figured whats another day or two to play with who i want, how I want. Hell I think I've burned around 6-7 hours on these forums so thats not too bad.. if its not available friday then i guess I need to find a new hobby.
EDIT: though even if I did get pc or ps2 version I still woulda coughed up the dough for the 360 version once it hit.. but that would be a waste.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bobkitty on 2006-10-25 17:35 ]</font>

myomer
Oct 25, 2006, 09:53 PM
360 pre-ordered here....

Pissed that it's delayed.

Dismayed that PC servers are down.

Kinda annoyed (and glad) the wife is starting to express desire to get into the game with me...

Which means PC game.....

But it's all sold out in my area....

And the servers are down anyway.....

So...... check Best Buy tomorrow. We'll see.

Still have 360 preorder on EB though.

Grrrrr.