PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Online and Offline

Saigan
Oct 24, 2006, 12:40 PM
Ok, so we are all stressed out waiting on the game and rumors of delayed shipments and uninformed employees aren't helping. I'll share the mental arguement I've been going through that isn't shipping related.

Online or Offline? How will you allocate your time? Personally? I work in a somewhat slow gamestore so I'll be doing story and extra mode (once story is complete) here at work. Every moment spent at home will be online.

MaKaVeLi_X
Oct 24, 2006, 12:40 PM
offline = boring

AndrewLD16
Oct 24, 2006, 12:44 PM
I will spend most of my time online, but I definitely plan on beating the story mode as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Auronp
Oct 24, 2006, 12:44 PM
For the most part it's gonna be like 85% online. Prob only play offline when they shut down the servers on thursdays

Saigan
Oct 24, 2006, 12:45 PM
On 2006-10-24 10:40, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
offline = boring

You my friend must have never played the classic games =P This is the first offline PS since EotM; which stands as one of the greatest RPGs. Ah well, can't force people to enjoy certain games >.>

BioWarrior
Oct 24, 2006, 12:45 PM
I'll probable do chapter 1-2 then do some online for a bit then eventually do all 12 chapters before the online story missions come out.

Katrina
Oct 24, 2006, 12:48 PM
I'm very excited about online, and will most likely be spending a lot of time there when I first get the game. I'm really looking forward to creating my characters, exploring, and hopefully meeting other PSOWorld players online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Like other ppl posted before, Ima save the offline for my gameplay times when the servers are down for maintenance or updates.

Galrond
Oct 24, 2006, 12:48 PM
i plan to play online first and playing offline during server issues or if i feel like it

just wondering... Saigan do you work at the play n trade by citadel crossing?

Saigan
Oct 24, 2006, 12:53 PM
On 2006-10-24 10:48, Galrond wrote:
i plan to play online first and playing offline during server issues or if i feel like it

just wondering... Saigan do you work at the play n trade by citadel crossing?

Nope, I'm up at Woodmen and Academy by King Soopers. I'll also be posting when we get our copies =D

Kaloa
Oct 24, 2006, 12:55 PM
I'm going to play offline only until I get a good feel for the gameplay, then I'll probably start going online more. I plan on beating the offline story mode early on, but once I do it'll be all online play for me from there.

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2006, 12:56 PM
I'll start with offline, but then again current events kind of said so. I'll probably get the game on Thursday and when I get home, I'll play offline while the servers are getting their scheduled maintenance. But once the servers are back up, I'll split the two. I know I'll be on, a good bit, during this weekend. This happens to be the first weekend, in a long time, I actually have free. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-24 10:57 ]</font>

Saigan
Oct 24, 2006, 12:59 PM
Wow, so far no one only offline. Although I suppose if they don't have internet they wouldn't be able to vote anyways =P

Hindsight = 20/20

Galrond
Oct 24, 2006, 12:59 PM
thank you Saigan
that would help me out alot
i have a copy preordered but not sure when ill get it as they said they might not have ordered enough copies for the preorders

Saigan
Oct 24, 2006, 01:05 PM
On 2006-10-24 10:59, Galrond wrote:
thank you Saigan
that would help me out alot
i have a copy preordered but not sure when ill get it as they said they might not have ordered enough copies for the preorders

Did you go through Gamestop? My store has something like 10 PS2 copies and a couple of 360 copies coming our way (no PC if that's what you were after)only 3 PS2 and 1 360 were pre-ordered so we'll have extras for sure on PS2.

Regoris
Oct 24, 2006, 01:08 PM
I am gonna play and complete Offline before stepping one foot online. I am an rp whore and want to engulf myself into the story and lore then step up online and see how the story has continued.

Saigan
Oct 24, 2006, 01:10 PM
On 2006-10-24 11:08, Regoris wrote:
I am gonna play and complete Offline before stepping one foot online. I am an rp whore and want to engulf myself into the story and lore then step up online and see how the story has continued.

Amen brother. The PS lore will finally continue =D Maybe this will pave the way for the sega ages remakes being released here.

BlueDagger
Oct 24, 2006, 01:11 PM
I'll play offline first and then maybe later in the day I'll go online once I have a hang of the controls. Here's hoping Ethen doesn't look as fruity( http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/yoghurt.gif) as he does in some of the renders! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Genoa
Oct 24, 2006, 01:12 PM
Mine shipped today, ... it should get here in the next week. I'm going to be online, but i'm definately going to be playing offline as well. I would like to figure out the full story from personal experiance. Don't get me wrong, i'll probably have more fun online though, but still... Offline will be fun too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif it's almost like having a Final Fantasy (single player) built into a Phantasy star Online (for online). An awesome single player adventure with an awesome multiplayer custom character adventure as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2006, 01:15 PM
Or a Phantasy Star (single player) built into your Phantasy Star Online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Actually, I'm sure a lot of Phantasy Star fans will at least get a bit of nostalgia in terms of how the story is presented. Particularly fans of Phantasy Star 2. I'm not giving anything away by saying this, but Phantasy Star 2 players might relate a few aspects of story delivery, in this one.

Galrond
Oct 24, 2006, 01:15 PM
i preordered from gamecrazy down in fountain... hope i dont regret it
its good to hear you got some extras in.

Scallop
Oct 24, 2006, 01:16 PM
They should add content in the future where it requires you to play offline (Story) to understand the mission your doing. But im going offline to understand the concept of the game and then play online.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 24, 2006, 01:36 PM
you forgot to put an option of "Offline first, then I wil go for online" thats different then splitting >.>

Axel3792
Oct 24, 2006, 01:37 PM
I'm gonna be offline for a while, no highspeed connection >.>

Saigan
Oct 24, 2006, 01:39 PM
On 2006-10-24 11:15, Galrond wrote:
i preordered from gamecrazy down in fountain... hope i dont regret it
its good to hear you got some extras in.

Oh wow- I used to work there a couple years back. Hell me and the original manager OPENED that store. I set up the computers myself. Great store, great customers, great employees... until Corporate got all sorts of cranky and tried to change things.

Now I'm here =D

Rizen
Oct 24, 2006, 01:41 PM
Its kinda sad that SEGA made an effort to revive a story for Phantasy Star yet no one appreciates it. But then again, like many other online games, people don't care about the storyline or the lure of the series and only care about getting online. I honestly say that people should take the time to play Offline Story Mode to get a feel and storyline of the game so that when the rest of the story comes out online, you wont be lost.

RIP Storylines for Online games.

Sevenfold
Oct 24, 2006, 01:41 PM
off...wha?

Mike
Oct 24, 2006, 01:45 PM
Both is way to go. Playing offline gets you in to the universe and probably introduces you to the online story quests too but the meat and potatos of this game is probably online.

Galrond
Oct 24, 2006, 01:47 PM
yea i used to like that store when i used to live down there. the last few times i ordered from there ive been let down... would the manager your talking about be fritz by any chance?

Saigan
Oct 24, 2006, 01:50 PM
On 2006-10-24 11:47, Galrond wrote:
yea i used to like that store when i used to live down there. the last few times i ordered from there ive been let down... would the manager your talking about be fritz by any chance?

Heck yeah. I still talk to him from time to time. He's at LaSalle now; he's also the best manager I've ever had the pleasure of working under in ANY job.

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2006, 01:55 PM
Story Mode also gives instruction on how to deal with certain mission types. Though I'm unsure with how many of those are available online, yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-24 11:55 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Oct 24, 2006, 01:55 PM
Where's the "Rush through Offline then go Online." option? >:(

DarkShadowX
Oct 24, 2006, 01:57 PM
On 2006-10-24 11:55, FenixStryk wrote:

I was wondering that too.

Rizen
Oct 24, 2006, 01:58 PM
Also, whats the point of rushing to the same level cap? Take a chance to play offline and then go online.

Saigan
Oct 24, 2006, 02:01 PM
On 2006-10-24 11:57, DarkShadowX wrote:

On 2006-10-24 11:55, FenixStryk wrote:

I was wondering that too.

My bad lol. I just tried to lump the different possibilities together to avoid needing like 8 options.

Chronoblip
Oct 24, 2006, 02:01 PM
I think I am gonna play offline to get the story, or to experment with builds in Xtra mode, but gonna spend most of my time online. Either way, the game s'gonna kick ^_^

WolfDreamer
Oct 24, 2006, 02:36 PM
Mostly online (as long as I have the monthly subscription money) but comeon now, everyone has to beat the single player at least once.