PDA

View Full Version : PSU: At least the Strategy guide is released first. You gett

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 24, 2006, 12:51 PM
I saw it at EB Games while trying to get the actual game. Anyone decided to buy the strategy guide first since it's here? Or are you going to play without help of the book to get a realistic feel of the experience?

Of course I saw it, but I did not purchase it. I'm the type of gamer who doesn't rely on guides.

Kaloa
Oct 24, 2006, 01:10 PM
I don't use strategy guides, but my boyfriend collects them so chances are good that we'll end up getting it. Certainly not before we get the game though. Our available funds will go to PSU first! Guardians Licenses second! Keyboards third! Snacks forth! Then after all that's paid for and taken care of, and provided we have money left over, then maybe.

Bleemo
Oct 24, 2006, 01:17 PM
GameFAQs and fansites will have all of the information I need and more.

For online RPG's, I find that strategy guides are awfully misinformed, even though they try to be.

Genoa
Oct 24, 2006, 01:19 PM
well i'm not to fond of Game Guides to learn how to beat the story, I like guides on how to use all the games functions though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif but I think PSU will be even more complicated than PSO >_> so... if they did make a guide, it would be larger than the Bible... and would have to be updated constantly for new additions to the game.
But I might get it anyways =/ not sure yet.

DreamLocke
Oct 24, 2006, 01:20 PM
If it has good artwork in it, I might get it. But yeah, most guides are wrong. The last one had some issues. (PSO)

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2006, 01:22 PM
The problem with Online RPGs with content updates, is that most player-supported faqs can't agree with each other. Then again, the community itself barely agrees with each other, when it comes down to the nitty-gritty details.

It's precisely why I don't bother myself with precise number-crunching. I typically go for overall performance differences. If it's something I see, right away, I'll utilize it; but I'm not going to spend all that time going through so many charts just to get a slight increase.

For every person, in one of those games, that says "It goes this way", You'll have a bunch of people who say, "No it doesn't, it goes this way." And the cycle continues with another argument.

They're kind of overall guides, that generally are taken with a slight grain of salt, since your own playstyles dictate how well you do with it, or how well you enjoy it.

I buy guides for the pics, mainly. Though some are pretty nifty for those offline games which have a ton of content. (Case in point. Nippon Ichi Strategy RPGs, or Elder Scrolls games.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-24 11:23 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 24, 2006, 01:22 PM
The game guide was thick but no thickher than 3/4 of a dvd case.

Vhex
Oct 24, 2006, 01:42 PM
Guides are a waste of money, especially since you can find online guides free within a week of the games release.