PDA

View Full Version : English on JP PSU PC?

ShardInABox
Oct 24, 2006, 01:47 PM
Anyone with both JP and US copies figured out a way to convert the JP game to english (playing around with files etc).

Please post here if you have.

Mitz
Oct 24, 2006, 01:48 PM
Illegal = Not allowed to be discussed here.

ShardInABox
Oct 24, 2006, 02:27 PM
Why is it illegal? Owning 2 games an just mixing and matching files can in no way be illegal? If a mod/admin could please clarify.

Thank you.

SoujiSeta
Oct 24, 2006, 02:33 PM
Tampering with the data is illegal.

ShardInABox
Oct 24, 2006, 03:55 PM
mixing and matching files != tampering.

watashiwa
Oct 24, 2006, 04:02 PM
It's almost no different than when people used to replace the OGG files in their Blue Burst folders for their own custom music.

In fact, replacing the Blue Burst OGG files is probably worse than exchanging a valid unmodified language data file from the Japanese version of PSU with a valid unmodified language data file from the English version of PSU.

I really don't see any harm in that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-10-24 14:03 ]</font>

Ryna
Oct 24, 2006, 04:04 PM
This is a sensitive subject. As long as conversation is restricted to a high-level overview, it should be ok. Discussion of cheat methods and linking to pirated versions of the game will not be allowed.

Ether
Oct 24, 2006, 04:05 PM
Regardless of legality, I doubt its even possible. The data folder for PSU JP is 1,727 randomly named gibberish files, its not like there are sections for voices, language, or music that would be easily replacable

Aegias
Oct 24, 2006, 04:28 PM
Umm a friend of mine was talking about changing your windows language to JP and all this other mess to play JP imports. However im super noob at it, soo *wanders off*.

Mitz
Oct 24, 2006, 04:37 PM
On 2006-10-24 12:27, ShardInABox wrote:
Why is it illegal? Owning 2 games an just mixing and matching files can in no way be illegal? If a mod/admin could please clarify.

Thank you.

It costs Sega MONEY. Normally, if a person would want to play on both servers, they'd have to buy 2 games. Now you would steal money by modifying one game. Replacing OGG files doesnt cost Sega money as it is client only.

DrewSeleski
Oct 24, 2006, 04:53 PM
On 2006-10-24 14:37, Rizeru wrote:

Thank you.

It costs Sega MONEY. Normally, if a person would want to play on both servers, they'd have to buy 2 games. Now you would steal money by modifying one game. Replacing OGG files doesnt cost Sega money as it is client only.

This isn't going to be used to play on the English server, they just want to have the japanese version display english from the english version so they can have an easier time playing on the Japanese servers.

Edit: At least I'm pretty sure that is what he means, he wouldn't be able to get the files if he didn't have the US version anyways
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrewSeleski on 2006-10-24 14:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrewSeleski on 2006-10-24 14:59 ]</font>

ShardInABox
Oct 24, 2006, 05:00 PM
On 2006-10-24 14:37, Rizeru wrote:

Thank you.

I do want to play on 2 servers. I would also perfer to play on both Servers in English if possible. This way I get to join my JP friends and fellow westerns friends.

Thanks for the clarification Ryna. Everyone else, rather then talk about whether its legal or not lets focus on if this can be done by simply swapping the right files.

BlueDagger
Oct 24, 2006, 05:04 PM
On 2006-10-24 14:04, Ryna wrote:
This is a sensitive subject. As long as conversation is restricted to a high-level overview, it should be ok. Discussion of cheat methods and linking to pirated versions of the game will not be allowed.

Pirate?! Arhhhggg, ye matey! Will they give us pirate hats in PSU? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ShardInABox
Oct 29, 2006, 10:55 AM
Now that the game has been out a bit longer, anyone had any luck? I sadly haven't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

peenk
Oct 29, 2006, 11:33 AM
On 2006-10-29 07:55, ShardInABox wrote:
Now that the game has been out a bit longer, anyone had any luck? I sadly haven't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dude.
I dunno where you been but...
NA PSU PC has no CD-Key so lets say hypothetically, that if someone was to download an illigal copy of NA PSU PC, and them make a playsega.com account and pay for the Guardian's License, that person, would be able to play the NA PSU PC online/offline and enjoy ALL the things that a person who paid $50 for NA PSU PC.
This is no one's fault but SEGA's but its one mistake that SEGA made that I love.
Hope that helps and if not, PM me.

Callous
Oct 29, 2006, 11:41 AM
Peenk, I don't get it. You don't answer anywhere in the vicinity of the question asked, but you do manage to make a post that is blatantly advocating pirating the game instead of buying it. What gives?

peenk
Oct 29, 2006, 11:46 AM
On 2006-10-29 08:41, Callous wrote:
Peenk, I don't get it. You don't answer anywhere in the vicinity of the question asked, but you do manage to make a post that is blatantly advocating pirating the game instead of buying it. What gives?

As far I know opinion is not illigal.
I did not post any illigal information and/or links. Just a summary of phantasystaruniverse.com forum posts.
SEGA made a HUGE mistake not including a CD Key imo and I hope they get it hard up their flacid hairless buttholes. Check the above mentioned forums and you'll see for yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-10-29 08:47 ]</font>

Callous
Oct 29, 2006, 12:03 PM
It was quite clear what you were saying. Besides, your post still had nothing to do with the question asked.

ShardInABox
Oct 29, 2006, 04:04 PM
Hey peenk, thanks for the post but I think you've missed the point. I'm just trying to copy over the files that hold the English text, so when I play my JP copy of PSU online, English text appears. Therefore it will be easier for me to play with my friends in Japan.