PDA

View Full Version : Can someone gimme a brief rundown on how weapons work?

perpetualrei
Oct 24, 2006, 02:59 PM
Im not getting everything based on PSU, if anyone could answer these questions for me, I'd appreciate it.

1. Do weapons just drop like in PSO, normal and rares? Or do you have to synthesize everything from parts/ingredients with your Personal Machine?

2. What do the weapon manufacturers do? Just give stuff like more PP or less PP right? Are the manufacturers just randomly assigned to weapons you get? How does this work for rares?

Please help me understand!! Please dont refer me to psupedia.org either lol, I tried getting it there but Im still at a loss.

Thank you

Oyako
Oct 24, 2006, 03:18 PM
1. They do drop but you'll find yourself buying and makng them more then relying on drops. I know some rares can be created and can only be created, but rares do drops I believe.

2. Each manufacturer makes weapons for specific uses. One for Balance, One for High ATA but low PP, and High PP but low ATA. The weapon can only be grinded on the planet the weapons manufacturer is located on. I also believe that crafted items are grinded on the guardians colony... O_o They are considered Kubara weapons I think..

Sorry I'm not of any more help...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oyako on 2006-10-24 13:20 ]</font>

Saigan
Oct 24, 2006, 03:19 PM
"Can someone gimme a brief rundown on how weapons work?"

The pointy end goes in the bad guys.

j/k I've seena few weapons drop, usually after you are able to synthesize them. Manufacturers each speacialize in different things, PP, dmg, etc.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 24, 2006, 03:20 PM
You're pretty much right, Oyako, except it's High and Low ATP, rather than ATA.

Pandatron
Oct 24, 2006, 03:20 PM
I'm going based on my experience from playing majority offline mod and some online mode so i could be incorrect so bare with me.

1. A majority of the weapons for story mode you could just purchase from the shop i didn't find many weapon drops except towards the end which involves a spoiler which i will not state. However weapons and various armor drops can fbe found from enemies and boxes just not very high. Restoration items, materials to make items, and so forth are typically drops from monsters. You don't have to Synthsize everything with your partner machine just various items that are difficult to find or don't sell in the shop. For example back in Chapter 6/7ish for some odd reason i though C+5 (basically a means of upgrading a weapon) upgrades were the greatest thing known to man so i would go to the shop gather up a but of the materials to have a chance to make one. C+5s you can't buy in a shop but the materials you can acquire from a shop.

2. Weapon manufactors basically varies where you can upgrade your weapon like say you get a weapon from Parum, you can't get it upgrade at Matoobo (sp?) because that's not it's manufactor. Manufactor is just the creator of the weapon if you upgrade a weapon it typically raises it's attack and totally PP. Since you buy them from the home planet there assign to that planet however if there dropped i'm not too sure i have to load the game and check that. As for rares only found 2 A ranks in story mode so can't do much there.

That's my rant feel free to correct if i'm wrong with any of this or typos.

Oyako
Oct 24, 2006, 03:21 PM
On 2006-10-24 13:20, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
You're pretty much right, Oyako, except it's High and Low ATP, rather than ATA.

Whoops, yep.. I ment ATP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

perpetualrei
Oct 24, 2006, 03:22 PM
Well I was mainly refering to online mode. Like if I killed a monster could a red box with a weapon essentialy drop or does it not work like that anymore?

Oyako
Oct 24, 2006, 03:23 PM
On 2006-10-24 13:22, perpetualrei wrote:
Well I was mainly refering to online mode. Like if I killed a monster could a red box with a weapon essentialy drop or does it not work like that anymore?

Still works like that

Flunky
Oct 24, 2006, 03:25 PM
1. In my experience (up to low 20s, so not endgame at all), the weapons that drop are going to be inferior to weapons you are using... in other words, weapon drops should be sold, be it to players or to vendors for extra cash. You can choose to either synth or buy weapons, as the shops actually stock up to a decent power of weapons (in the beginning, at least). A synth board + parts will be marginally cheaper than buying one weapon, but finding the parts makes it much cheaper. Board can make multiple weapons before being used up, too, making the price further reduced if you synth. One can -also- apply elements to melee weapons ONLY through synthing one... elements on guns/canes only depends on the skills you have equipped. The only real downside of crafting is the chance of success, which can range from 80 percent if you've got a good PM and are making something not super-advanced, down to very low. It's quite frustrating to invest several thousand meseta into building a weapon, only to have it fail. Synthing also takes time... not a huge issue, but if you need an upgrade NOW (for some reason), synthing won't do that.

2. Each manufacturer specializes in a certain 'style' of weapon. GRM has average ATP, average PP, and low ATA. Yohmei has low ATP, high PP, and average ATA. Tenora has low PP, high ATP, and high ATA. Kubara I'm not so sure about, but from what I've heard they start out 'meh' only to get quite powerful through grinding. Manufacturers are not assigned randomly, so I'm assuming any rares happen to be made by a particular manufacturer, which will affect how it grinds and where you can grind it.

Randomness
Oct 24, 2006, 04:35 PM
I was looking on PSU-pedia, and apparently Kubara isnt a manufacturer per se, its a label that means the three main manufacturers DIDNT make it.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 24, 2006, 05:32 PM
I think it differs in online and offline, i know in online mode tenora works has more atp and ata than yohmei weapons but much less PP, and GRM just has balanced stats

Flunky
Oct 24, 2006, 05:38 PM
I was looking on PSU-pedia, and apparently Kubara isnt a manufacturer per se, its a label that means the three main manufacturers DIDNT make it.

No, I'm pretty sure they're a manufacturer. Kubara makes a line of armor as well as having the grinding shop on the station (which the tutorial called their company store). I think you're right about them just being 'other' for weapons, though... gives you a place to grind 'em.

Syl
Oct 24, 2006, 06:26 PM
About that time it takes to synth something... do you actually have to keep playing in order to allow it to build or can you just quit and come back to it later (and possibly still continue until you have that much in-game time)?