PDA

View Full Version : maintenence on thursday?

Razorback
Oct 24, 2006, 03:24 PM
anyone know if there is server maintence on the NA servers on thursday? i thinks its a rumor but that when my crappy gamestop gets it in then

DarkShadowX
Oct 24, 2006, 03:25 PM
Well on the official site is does say Every Thursday

Saner
Oct 24, 2006, 03:25 PM
I heard there is maintenance every Thursday for 5 hours.

not sure what times of the day.

watashiwa
Oct 24, 2006, 03:26 PM
I'm happy there's REAL maintenance every week, really.

PSO's maintenance usually was a joke. I don't even know what they did during maintenance on PSO. It'd go down then back up within a matter of minutes.

ProfessorZ
Oct 24, 2006, 03:28 PM
I wish it had maintenance like Chromehounds when it was at 2am

Saner
Oct 24, 2006, 03:29 PM
On 2006-10-24 13:26, watashiwa wrote:
I'm happy there's REAL maintenance every week, really.

PSO's maintenance usually was a joke. I don't even know what they did during maintenance on PSO. It'd go down then back up within a matter of minutes.

lol

*Gus, the PSO maintenance guy, sitting and eating a donut, looks at watch, then flips a single switch to shut down the servers for 'maintenance', counts a few minutes, then flips it back on and goes grab another donut.*

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

HaloMaster24
Oct 24, 2006, 03:30 PM
Supposedly 1900-0000 EST. Every Thursday.

Razorback
Oct 24, 2006, 03:31 PM
On 2006-10-24 13:28, ProfessorZ wrote:
I wish it had maintenance like Chromehounds when it was at 2am

i would love that only if they would do it only on thursdays, cause that would suck on weekends

Pandatron
Oct 24, 2006, 03:31 PM
Judging how they do the maintaince on the JP server they should actually be putting some real effort into it this time... Either that or they gave Gus a raise along with a remote control so he no longer has to move to hit the pesky switch.

Calibur
Oct 24, 2006, 03:34 PM
I expect boards flood with anger, from people that get it on thursday and cant go online.

Flamingo99
Oct 24, 2006, 03:34 PM
On 2006-10-24 13:30, HaloMaster24 wrote:
Supposedly 1900-0000 EST. Every Thursday.

.... what time is 1900-0000 EST... 7:00 p.m.? How long do the maintences do the normally last? from the looks of 1900-0000 it would be from 7:00 p.m. to 12:00a.m. correct?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-10-24 13:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-10-24 13:39 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 24, 2006, 03:38 PM
19:00-00:00 would be from 7 PM to Midnight.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 24, 2006, 03:39 PM
On 2006-10-24 13:34, Calibur wrote:
I expect boards flood with anger, from people that get it on thursday and cant go online.

its like your psychic!

SpishackCola
Oct 24, 2006, 03:40 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_maintenance.php

Every Thursday, 5pm to 10pm GMT-7

For those of you that suck at time zones:
GMT-5 = EST 7pm-12pm
GMT-6 = CST 6pm-11pm
GMT-7 = MST 5pm-10pm
GMT-8 = PST 4pm-9pm

infected
should be 1am-6am

BrandonBa2
Why can't I connect it says servers are down but I should be able to get on

DarkShadowX
Oct 24, 2006, 03:41 PM
On 2006-10-24 13:39, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

On 2006-10-24 13:34, Calibur wrote:

its like your psychic!

lol, well thats how it works, gonna be probably twice as bad with all the 360 players bitching bout how they finally got their copy and not can't get on.

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2006, 03:41 PM
It's a slight bummer, only because this is the only game I know, in which they have a regular scheduled maintenance during a prime game time, on one of the few weeknights I actually have available. I'm sure I'll be happy with the results, though. It does give me an excuse to do other things on a Thursday, as I can call it a slight addiction-results prevention.

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2006, 03:43 PM
You'll see more than that. Especially with some stores probably getting their entire shipment of PSU a day later. (I personally know some EB stores that always gets games a day later than everybody else.)

As for the PC story mode. I believe the Story Mode access is for different servers than the actual online gaming servers. I think only the front-end servers are needed for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-24 13:45 ]</font>

BioWarrior
Oct 24, 2006, 03:43 PM
Hmmm... do we know if the PC story mode will be down as well? I only remember sega saying once that the story mode on PC would be unavailible during maint for the JP version.

Ryoga4523
Oct 24, 2006, 03:49 PM
On 2006-10-24 13:40, BrandonBa2 wrote:
Why can't I connect it says servers are down but I should be able to get on

Scooby Snacks *_* what you have the game !?!

Aegias
Oct 24, 2006, 04:01 PM
It's not the fact that maint. will be happening on the day most folks get the game, thats fine, what blows about the set up is its prime time. I don't see how 5-10pm is a smart idea from maint. in any NA time zone, its right when folks get out of class/work (most of them anyway). I think the morning AM's or atleast early early morning ending around noon-3pm is the best time.

[Edit]: And oh hi im new here, been lurking the past 2-3 weeks though in anticipation http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aegias on 2006-10-24 14:02 ]</font>

watashiwa
Oct 24, 2006, 04:04 PM
I don't see how 5-10pm is a smart idea from maint. in any NA time zone, its right when folks get out of class/work (most of them anyway).

What's so hard about doing something else during this time period on Thursdays?

You can do something else, accomplish something you've been putting off, instead of sitting on your ass playing PSU which you'll be doing every other day.

Wallin
Oct 24, 2006, 04:05 PM
...WTH? They shut down the servers to do maintainence during prime time every week???

I'm not even going to have the game until Thursday at 7 since that's when I get out of work, that's just crap. Why don't they do it at 5 in the morning when most of their players are asleep? Are these servers in Europe or something, because for a U.S. prime time maintainence the only hours it's actually good for is overseas.

watashiwa
Oct 24, 2006, 04:07 PM
It's for ONE day out of the week. ONE DAY. The SAME DAY. THURSDAY.

Get over it! Jesus Christ...

Just DO SOMETHING ELSE during that time period. Play a different game... clean up your room... maybe actually sit down and DO YOUR HOMEWORK.. I don't know.. it's really not that big of a deal.

If it hurts so bad, take a nap during that time and use the extra energy obtained from your nap to play the game as soon as it comes back up, all throughout the night. I don't care..

This isn't even something that needs to be complained about, really.

Mazoku
I'm hoping maybe this first Thursday there won't be maintenance. After all what is there to maintain? They just put the servers up.

BioWarrior
Perhaps they will change maint time if enough people complain, personally I don't have a problem with it.

NeuroNomad
Due to my work schedule Thursday nights are the only time I get to play more than a couple hours at a time so I am sad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DarkShadowX
Oct 24, 2006, 04:08 PM
Its just 1 days out of 7, its not gonna kill you.

Wallin
Oct 24, 2006, 04:10 PM
On 2006-10-24 14:04, watashiwa wrote:

I don't see how 5-10pm is a smart idea from maint. in any NA time zone, its right when folks get out of class/work (most of them anyway).

You can do something else, accomplish something you've been putting off, instead of sitting on your ass playing PSU which you'll be doing every other day.

It's not like this is a 30 minute downtime, it's five hours after normal work hours. Most people will be getting ready for bed by the time it's over. For most people that's their entire night, but I suppose most of us could spend that time on these forums becoming bitter and $#%@%ing at people to spend their time doing something "worth while"... for someone who obviously prioritizes their time so well with the better things in life, why are you even here?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-10-24 14:11 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Oct 24, 2006, 04:11 PM
It's just like Chromehounds, just at a different time. It's still Sega's servers, CH should've clued you into the idea of weekly maintenance.

Aegias
Oct 24, 2006, 04:12 PM

Maybe because other folks are busy alot of the rest of the week too? Who said I would be playing 24/7 on the other days, thurs/fri/sat are the only days i can really play the game more than an hour or two.

And its a complaint because everyone whos played real MMO's knows its retarded to put maint. during prime time?

edit: typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aegias on 2006-10-24 14:15 ]</font>

watashiwa
Oct 24, 2006, 04:14 PM
On 2006-10-24 14:10, Wallin wrote:
seriously, why are you even here?

Whether the time is 30 minutes or 5 hours is irrelevant. This is not that big of a deal. Even if the maintenance was 8 hours, I probably would say the same thing to you.

I don't care if you just got off of work or if you're getting ready for bed just as it ends and I'm sure Sonic Team doesn't care either. It's the time they've set aside for doing maintenance and you should just accept it and stop crying about it.

EDIT: What's me posting on this forum right now have to do with anything? At least I'm not complaining that the company that runs the online game I'm playing is actually maintaining their servers at an hour I don't agree with as if the WHOLE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND ME.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-10-24 14:15 ]</font>

TheHutt
Oct 24, 2006, 04:14 PM
You don't have to wait for maintenance on FFXI and many other MMO's I have played schedule the timing for early morning to avoid these problems...

How do you know a 5 hour maintenance shift isn't going to kill me?!?! HOW DO YOU KNOW!?....If it's an MMO I pay to play than why should I have to wait around doing something else, when we could all be playing PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aegias
Oct 24, 2006, 04:18 PM
EDIT: What's me posting on this forum right now have to do with anything? At least I'm not complaining that the company that runs the online game I'm playing is actually maintaining their servers at an hour I don't agree with as if the WHOLE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND ME.

No your just flaming people that have standards. Maint. at an off time for any MMO game is an industry standard. And no ones crying , im not im just in agreeance its pretty below par. Really you should calm down, especially over a video game forum. If you don't like the opinion disagree not act 15.

Minswune
Oct 24, 2006, 04:22 PM
Saddening to those getting it on Thursday, but it gives many people a chance to play the offline game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Xx3of19xX
Oct 24, 2006, 04:25 PM
I guess the reason for the timeslot is that the guys doing the maintenance are in Japan.
For them it is like 9.00-16.00 Friday.
Or when is the maintenance for the Japanese PS2/PC version?

P_C_A
meh, doesn't bother me (East coast), then again, i won't have anything to do until i go to sleep 3 hours later...

P_C_A
On 2006-10-24 14:22, Minswune wrote:
Saddening to those getting it on Thursday, but it gives many people a chance to play the offline game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

and that's not a bad idea. now i have something to do for those 3 hours.

Randomness
Oct 24, 2006, 04:32 PM
Would be nice if it was scheduled for when we're all sound asleep...

Rider
Oct 24, 2006, 04:33 PM
On 2006-10-24 13:40, SpishackCola wrote:

GMT-5 = EST 7pm-12pm
GMT-6 = CST 6pm-11pm
GMT-7 = MST 5pm-10pm
GMT-8 = PST 4pm-9pm

Those are are terrible. Espically since the lastest is EST and everyone before that just has it way worse. I'm in pst and being logged off at 4pm and not being able to play till 9pm is going to annoy me to no end. AM times would be alot better, like 1am or 2 am till 6am or 7am. At least then the majority of the people will be sleeping and it won't cut into people's playing time.

I guess every thursday from 4pm to 9pm is offline playing time.

Typhoeus
Oct 24, 2006, 04:35 PM
On 2006-10-24 14:10, Wallin wrote:

On 2006-10-24 14:04, watashiwa wrote:

It's not like this is a 30 minute downtime, it's five hours after normal work hours. Most people will be getting ready for bed by the time it's over. For most people that's their entire night, but I suppose most of us could spend that time on these forums becoming bitter and $#%@%ing at people to spend their time doing something "worth while"... for someone who obviously prioritizes their time so well with the better things in life, why are you even here?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-10-24 14:11 ]</font>

Well constructed, well said Wallin.

Kyuu
Oct 24, 2006, 04:39 PM
Really, just do something else for a whole 5 hours per week. It's not that big a deal. Play PSU's Story/Extra mode if you really, really can't do absolutely anything else for those 5 hours.

wyzwun
Oct 24, 2006, 04:44 PM
wow that fucken blows, so i cant play on thursdays...

Hemorrhage
Oct 24, 2006, 04:47 PM

GMT-5 = EST 7pm-12pm
GMT-6 = CST 6pm-11pm
GMT-7 = MST 5pm-10pm
GMT-8 = PST 4pm-9pm

Sega is freaken stupid. Who has maintenace that inconviently during the day? Every other MMO has it around 5AM in the morn as to not inconviance many others. Most ppl around early morn will be sleeping/schooling/working.
At 7PM-12PM I am up and wanting to play.

These are supposed to be ENGLISH servers. I want American maitenance times not freaken Japanese times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hemorrhage on 2006-10-24 14:49 ]</font>

P_C_A
Oct 24, 2006, 04:48 PM
Well guys, as someone said, there is Offline mode to fall back on.

Parn
Oct 24, 2006, 04:52 PM
Hey guys, I have a brilliant business idea!

I'm going to open a movie theater. I'm going to have customers pay money to watch movies every night! Except for Wednesday nights. On Wednesday nights, I'm going to shut my theater down from 5 PM to 11 PM so I can do a weekly inspection of everything to make sure it's all in prime condition.

What? Do my inspection sometime from 6 AM to 4 PM while everyone's at school or work? Fuck off!

Kyuu
Oct 24, 2006, 04:58 PM
On 2006-10-24 14:47, Hemorrhage wrote:

These are supposed to be ENGLISH servers. I want American maitenance times not freaken Japanese times.
In Japan, these maintenance times translate to Friday at 8am - 1pm. I don't really think these times are scheduled around Japan based on that. Pretty sure that Sega of America is responsible for taking care of the NA servers, not SoJ, anyway. Which makes sense, since I'm also pretty sure the servers are located somewhere here on the North American continent.

It may be inconvenient for us, but if you worked for Sega and were responsible for server maintenance, you'd probably like these times much more than having to work at two in the morning. I know I know, it's all about you, who cares about the people who have to keep up the servers that you're going to be playing on, right?

I'm not denying that it sucks. I'll probably be wanting to play during that Thursday timeslot sometimes (after I don't have my Tuesday/Thursday night class anymore, that is), but getting hostile and angry on a message board isn't going to change anything. And you should, you know, try to think outside of your own little world and realize that there's a lot that goes which doesn't revolve around you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-24 15:01 ]</font>

wyzwun
Oct 24, 2006, 05:04 PM
fuck outa here, serious im a network admin... im going to tell the finance dept tomorrow that im going to bring down the RDBMS server during lunch time because i dont want to work after hours...

for those who say to stfu, i say take the SoJ dick out of your ass.

Wallin
Oct 24, 2006, 05:09 PM
On 2006-10-24 14:14, watashiwa wrote:

Whether the time is 30 minutes or 5 hours is irrelevant. This is not that big of a deal. Even if the maintenance was 8 hours, I probably would say the same thing to you.

I don't care if you just got off of work or if you're getting ready for bed just as it ends and I'm sure Sonic Team doesn't care either. It's the time they've set aside for doing maintenance and you should just accept it and stop crying about it.

This is a gamer forum, it's for people who actually WANT to play the game. Again, I'm not sure why you're here preaching otherwise. Are you even planning on playing the game or are you just looking for a place to be the voice of reason/JUDGEMENT? There's a difference between, "yeah, it sucks, but don't worry you guys, you'll make it through," and "OMG GET A LIFE YOU LOSERS, WHO CARES IF YOU WANT TO PLAY A GAME AND CAN'T? Cause I personally don't care if it was down for a whole day because I have so many wonderful things to do with my life. So what if you work all day and put up with crap all day and you're tired? You shouldn't do something you actually want to do, you should make the world a better place instead!" Well you're certainly making these forums a better place, let me tell ya! Referencing a religious figure gave your argument many points in the cool headed department - now if only you really had typed in all caps, the mods would've closed this topic and declared you the winner with a gold star, but don't worry, there's an Edit Post button somewhere.

Wow, the world revolves around me, I'm not sure what to do with myself anymore... seeing as how this affects pretty much anyone and everyone who has a job, or evidently every other person on here who sees that this is a problem instead of a good time to read the latest Harry Potter - there's only 4 pages of other people who see this as being a problem, but yeah, it's all about me... OMGLOLZ I'm so self-centered everyone, I'm so sorry!11!1... sigh...

I'm sure Sonic Team doesn't care that people are going to be flooding their forums on Thursday, every Thursday, about how the game is down during prime time and how it's BS. I'm sure their GMs don't care if they get flooded with junk messages complaining to change the system. And I've no doubt that's what most players will do because, like you said, we evidently have nothing better to do with our time when the game is down when done with work and still wide awake.

And for the oh-so-important "what about the Sega Team???" The servers are probably located in America, and run by Americans. They're probably not doing maintainence until late at night because they also have jobs from 9-5 like everyone else and don't have time for server work until afterward, LAWL... no, that wasn't a justification for prime time maintainence. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

People don't generally like to be told they can only play for 26 or 27 days a month, whether it's maintainence or not. they have to do it at some point, and we should be grateful they do, but why when people are on the most? That'll create more problems than anything else because their hours mean they'll be kicking the most people off, and their servers will also get pounded the most when it goes back up. Machinery doesn't like connecting and disconnecting massive amounts of people at the same time, if you played WoW when it first came out, you'd know that for sure.

Now if it's just one person that gets affected, oh well. But it's prime time, American prime time hours, that means there will be one day of the week when nearly every adult player across the country will be unable to play... that's like one day a week when your favorite show is cancelled, one day a week when night becomes day, one day a week when you can't get your fix without finding some shaddy guy on a street corner!!! It's insanity, there must be a law against this!

This is a topic full of angry gamers. If you didn't come to joke or fuel the flames, then you're just going to get burned. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-10-24 15:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-10-24 15:32 ]</font>

Parn
Oct 24, 2006, 05:13 PM
Actually, I'm not an angry gamer at all. I'm just kind of annoyed. It's not like I'm obsessed... hell, I exercise regularly and can run 2 miles in just under 12 minutes. I'm like a miniature god that plays videogames on the side.

It's just disappointing that every Thursday night, I flat out don't have the option to play, because someone decided to schedule routine maintenance during primetime hours. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that that's an incredibly poor business decision no matter how you look at it.

Wallin
Oct 24, 2006, 05:16 PM
On 2006-10-24 15:13, Parn wrote:
Actually, I'm not an angry gamer at all. I'm just kind of annoyed. It's not like I'm obsessed... hell, I exercise regularly and can run 2 miles in just under 12 minutes. I'm like a miniature god that plays videogames on the side.

It's just disappointing that every Thursday night, I flat out don't have the option to play, because someone decided to schedule routine maintenance during primetime hours. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that that's an incredibly poor business decision no matter how you look at it.

C'mon, I'm going for a mood thing here! And trying to make my last hour of work interesting before I go home and be bored waiting for the game to come out only to get it on Thursday and not be able to play because of maintainence and... I'm going to end that thought now.

Knightsword
Oct 24, 2006, 05:17 PM
And for the oh-so-important "what about the Sega Team???" The servers are probably located in America, and run by Americans. They're probably not doing maintainence until late at night because they also have jobs from 9-5 like everyone else and don't have time for server work until afterward.

One would assume thats what their job would be and such their only job

Wallin
Oct 24, 2006, 05:20 PM
On 2006-10-24 15:17, Knightsword wrote:

And for the oh-so-important "what about the Sega Team???" The servers are probably located in America, and run by Americans. They're probably not doing maintainence until late at night because they also have jobs from 9-5 like everyone else and don't have time for server work until afterward.

One would assume thats what their job would be and such their only job

Man, you're right! That means that Sega employees actually have 9-5 off that day so they can play in the morning before they shut it down for maintainence, how rude!

But yeah, that was a joke, I'm not trying to justify why they WOULD want to do prime time maintainence with a reason like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kyuu
Oct 24, 2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah... usually server work is those people's job. Not something they do for fun during their free time.

Anyways, like I thought I had made clear, I'm not disagreeing that it sucks, it's inconvenient, and isn't the best business decision SoA could've made.

However, rather than going into fits of hysterics, some people, like myself, prefer to think (a foreign concept to some, I know) about why they might've made such a decision, and what possible benefits there might be (hey look! a day for you to actually go outside and interact with real life people!).

Rider
Oct 24, 2006, 05:25 PM
On 2006-10-24 14:58, Kyuu wrote:

On 2006-10-24 14:47, Hemorrhage wrote:

In Japan, these maintenance times translate to Friday at 8am - 1pm. I don't really think these times are scheduled around Japan based on that. Pretty sure that Sega of America is responsible for taking care of the NA servers, not SoJ, anyway. Which makes sense, since I'm also pretty sure the servers are located somewhere here on the North American continent.

It may be inconvenient for us, but if you worked for Sega and were responsible for server maintenance, you'd probably like these times much more than having to work at two in the morning. I know I know, it's all about you, who cares about the people who have to keep up the servers that you're going to be playing on, right?

I'm not denying that it sucks. I'll probably be wanting to play during that Thursday timeslot sometimes (after I don't have my Tuesday/Thursday night class anymore, that is), but getting hostile and angry on a message board isn't going to change anything. And you should, you know, try to think outside of your own little world and realize that there's a lot that goes which doesn't revolve around you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-24 15:01 ]</font>

That's all true and all but it still isn't something many will like. I'm sure most will hate it at first and then learn to live with it, like I will.

Good thing there is always offline mode to play during those times. I might play that or do all of my online class work during those 5 hours so I won't have to stop later on during the week to do schooling.

SpishackCola
Oct 24, 2006, 05:26 PM
While I do have other crap I can do during one weeknight that I can't play (reading and homework...) I'm trying to figure out why SoA (If they are indeed running the servers unilaterally) would have these maintenance times. I came up with the following.

Sega feels sorry for Europe that the game is coming out one month later and they can't play right now if they imported.
SoA was actually taken over by SoE but didn't change the name.
The SoA staff drew lots and the people that had to get up early to do NA early morning time maintenance say "LOL, no bitch. I'm not getting up early. I'll hit the button on the way out from work at 5."
The servers are actually in Europe with a top-secret super fiber optic infrastructure capable of speeds that make your head explode if you tried to comprehend why you can get a 20 ping from LA to Paris.

KiteWolfwood
Oct 24, 2006, 05:26 PM
5-9pm That is an odd time to be doing maintenance. You would think they would do maintenance during working hours, sometime between 8 and 5. 4 days a month you dont get to play. So if you played for 8 months that would be a whole month worth of time you would have missed playing that you are paying for. So thats like being charged twice every 8 months. Luckily it only costs 10$ a month.

Spacepest
Oct 24, 2006, 05:27 PM

GMT-8 = PST 4pm-9pm

Awesome! This means that maintainence will be going on while I am at work. Whoopee! I can still play after work like usual.

Wallin
Oct 24, 2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah... usually server work is those people's job. Not something they do for fun during their free time.

Anyways, like I thought I had made clear, I'm not disagreeing that it sucks, it's inconvenient, and isn't the best business decision SoA could've made.

However, rather than going into fits of hysterics, some people, like myself, prefer to think (a foreign concept to some, I know) about why they might've made such a decision, and what possible benefits there might be (hey look! a day for you to actually go outside and interact with real life people!).

Sorry, I should've put LAWL at the end of it or something. I'm not going to defend Sega's reasoning for prime time maintainence, that would've ruined my whole argument. >_<;;

And you can't "go outside and interact with real life people" on a THURSDAY night, unless it's Sega's intent to turn Thursday nights into the new first day of the weekend to get drunk. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif That's part of the problem really - what do you do a Thursday night, it's not the weekend yet, that's the ideal time to play since the weekend is actually when you do go out and socialize (or so I hear anyway, LOL..... I'm, uh, joking, I'm not obsessed with Sims Pets right now, really!!!)

I'm not really that pissed off either, just venting steam like everyone else here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I've got nothing better to do right now unless I want to do meter reading and count the money in the registers and take out the garbage. Now THERE'S something fun to do.

Decurae
Oct 24, 2006, 05:43 PM
This forum has become a little heated. I have to agree that the times aren't the most convenient for the majority of customers, which is odd, considering companies usually try to do things which will make the majority of their customers happy. I sympathize with the people who won't be able to play on Thursdays because of school/work/other things they have to do. I think Sega knows we'll all still pay to play, even with the not so great server maintenance time. Offline story mode can only occupy our time for so long... That's my opinion, respect it, either agree or disagree without getting upset.

Reeses
Oct 24, 2006, 06:11 PM
Ok so i skipped ahead a couple of pages because i had a burning desire to comment on this... (as usual)...

Ok so here is what im hoping. I remember reading something about how NA servers wont be receiving updates/patches/whatever until 2(?) weeks after the JP servers do. Maybe Sega will realize and change the maintinance times that the NA servers get it? Maybe? I could be totally wrong but theres nothing wrong with hope eh?

BrandonBa2
Oct 24, 2006, 06:13 PM
They will change the time. Sega doesn't need bad rep about PSU.

Reeses
Oct 24, 2006, 06:14 PM
Well that sounds great to me! Maybe they will realize to do it in the morning here! I hope this untangles everyone panties...

Numnuttz
Oct 24, 2006, 06:56 PM
well with the maintence means more time to play the story mode allowing us to find out whats going on.

Auronp
Oct 24, 2006, 07:25 PM
The solution to the problem is to just play the offline during down time. I mean it wont be as fun as playing with the person you made but it's psu none the less

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 24, 2006, 07:27 PM
that sux, why not like 3-8 AM or something?

Tystys
Oct 24, 2006, 07:29 PM
On 2006-10-24 16:13, BrandonBa2 wrote:
They will change the time. Sega doesn't need bad rep about PSU.

What makes you so sure? What's wrong with the time, anyways? Thursday is usually like the busiest(sorry for possible typo) school day for our young gamers IE, me, O_O.

Also, alot of people have work on that day I presume. So it's a pretty good time to me.

Overtaken
Oct 24, 2006, 07:36 PM
You guys, seriously.. It's not like you can't do something else for a few hours.. If ur gonna complain about having to pay for the one hour maybe that you play before maintinance then you shouldn't really bother trying to play since you will pay for that one hour u played.. I mean do you people really plan on playing this every single day of the week.. seriously guys its not a big deal I'm sure you can find something else to do. If anything, play the single player. Nuff said.

Tystys
Oct 24, 2006, 07:41 PM
Good first post, Overtaken.

OFF TOPIC: Welcome to PSU General! The sew--I mean the best place to get your PSU info here and now! Lord knows everyone re-posts it constantly every day XD.

On topic: Yeah seriously people, by the time maitenance is over you should be in bed like NORMAL people, O_O

Overtaken
Oct 24, 2006, 07:44 PM
Well I registered just so I could post on here because the reactions were rediculous.

But anyways, thanks for the welcome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BioWarrior
Oct 24, 2006, 07:55 PM
You know, the time frame they gave may not even take that long for the maint to end, they could have just listed it was 5hours long so you don't complain if/when it gets delayed. I wouldn't be suprised if it ends much much earlier.

Saner
Oct 24, 2006, 08:23 PM
it isnt even all of thursday, just for 5 hours of maintenance.

during those 5 just play the offline story and stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

googles
Oct 24, 2006, 08:27 PM
On 2006-10-24 14:05, Wallin wrote:
...WTH? They shut down the servers to do maintainence during prime time every week???

I'm not even going to have the game until Thursday at 7 since that's when I get out of work, that's just crap. Why don't they do it at 5 in the morning when most of their players are asleep? Are these servers in Europe or something, because for a U.S. prime time maintainence the only hours it's actually good for is overseas.

This is sonic team were talking about....Like they care.

Lnin0
Oct 24, 2006, 09:27 PM
Those times are crap. I don't care what time it is in Japan. You do server maintenance when it effect the LEAST amount of users even if it means dragging your butt out of bed. You don't do server maintenance when it effects the absolute most amount of users.

The point isn't that I can do something else at that time - I can always do something else, but when I want to play the game I am playing a montly fee for then I should not have a problem doing so under reasonable circomstances.

Reeses
Oct 24, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:55, BioWarrior wrote:
You know, the time frame they gave may not even take that long for the maint to end, they could have just listed it was 5hours long so you don't complain if/when it gets delayed. I wouldn't be suprised if it ends much much earlier.

I couldn't agree more with this. I know for FFXI exp at least, when they said it would be a 4 hour long update, it ended up being 2-3 hour updates. It'll be fine in the end guys. Besides, like im sure many have said before, this is your chance for *dum dum dum dummmmm* Story mode!!~

HKDon
Oct 24, 2006, 09:50 PM
Interesting time they picked, it will kinda suck but since I have no courses on Thursday it's still ok. Guess it's a excuse to work on the story mode that so many people will neglect.
Having a regular maintenence schedule shows they acually care about the game, unlike PSOBB, and besides it could be on at a worse time.... like Friday night or the weekend ^_^'

BioWarrior
Oct 24, 2006, 09:53 PM
Honestly, with how sega likes to screw stuff up, would you REALLY want some dude at sega whos half asleep tinkering with the servers for the weekly maint in the early morning? I think not!

Gavin_King
Oct 25, 2006, 12:57 AM
That's really odd they have it during prime time... why not in the afternoon at least, let alone super early in the morning.