PDA

View Full Version : Newman's stupid stance

Saikyn
Oct 24, 2006, 05:28 PM
Do newman's in PSU do that *** looking stance when casting magic still,? you know, the one where they stick their rod out with both hands and stand on one foot.

- -
Mod edit: do not use 'gay' in a derogatory way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-10-24 16:08 ]</font>

Carlo210
Oct 24, 2006, 05:29 PM
hehe

MaKaVeLi_X
Oct 24, 2006, 05:29 PM
I think its just super

Kyuu
Oct 24, 2006, 05:30 PM
Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, they don't.

Carlo210
Oct 24, 2006, 05:31 PM
Longest answer: Yes, minus 2, times 54... squared, divided by .6, multiplied by 0, + No.

Rider
Oct 24, 2006, 05:32 PM
On 2006-10-24 15:30, Kyuu wrote:

lol

Flamingo99
Oct 24, 2006, 05:32 PM

lol...

No, they aren't flamboyant anymore.

Saikyn
Oct 24, 2006, 05:33 PM
On 2006-10-24 15:32, Flamingo99 wrote:

lol...

No, they aren't flamboyant anymore.

makes me sad ; ;

Dr_Lantis
Oct 24, 2006, 05:33 PM
I liked it when they were flamboyant ;_;

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 24, 2006, 05:54 PM
I kinda like that, I prefer them to be normal instead of having to be all goofy and jester-like with the exception of the HUney.

VanHalen
Oct 24, 2006, 06:05 PM
FOnewm was a embrassment of the newman race lol. that hand on the hip thing was just well you know

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 24, 2006, 06:13 PM
yeah, I would have loved to play as a female force with pointy ears but I didn't want the pre-made design that Sega gave to the FOney, and they started her off too short so its either make her like a little kid or misjudge and make her too tall. I'm glad that now, you can be a hot FOnewearl.

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 06:24 PM
Don't hate just because FOnewm was the best class in the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zato-2TWO
Oct 24, 2006, 06:26 PM
You can still make Newms flamboyant. Just use Japanese voice #9. =P

I think the other thing about hating FOnewms in PSO was that 80% of the PKers you were ever hit by was a FOnewm with black clothes and white hair. I had a FOnewm wearing black on EP.1 for DC and as soon as I hit lvl 60+ people would start running away from me. =I

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zato-2TWO on 2006-10-24 16:27 ]</font>

VanHalen
Oct 24, 2006, 06:30 PM
lol they were running from the flamboyant-ness lol j/k FOnewms were ONE of the best classes another was *cough* HUmar. really great guy that HUmar was

JaiBlue
Oct 24, 2006, 06:35 PM
Hiru Vol is the ONLY embarrasment to the Newman race.
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/image/factions/psu_char_full_25_vol_brothers.png

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-10-24 16:36 ]</font>

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 06:38 PM
No, FOs in general are the best class in the game since FOs in general are the most effective at mowing down large groups of mobs. RAs are the 2nd best (tho this is most reliant on the player) since Shot series weapons make them the 2nd best at mowing down a large group of mobs. HUs have to run at all the mobs and have to deal with knock back meaning it can take a few combos to take down a wave of mobs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackwaltz-R on 2006-10-24 16:44 ]</font>

Syl
Oct 24, 2006, 06:39 PM
And what about them platform shoes...... oy vey...

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 06:52 PM
I always liked the platform shoes, I liekd their look over all more than any of the other classes lol I find HUs (especially HUmars) the lamest characters in the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Its the lamest because its the most over used class in the game and are so easy to fall on. picking a HUmar is like people who like picking Ryu or Ken in street fighter, they are the most one-dimensional characters in the game. Its also easy for the kids to fall on using HUmar especially if they want to use one of their lame-ass names lol

Also to elaborate more on why FOs are the best is because from level one they have the highest damage output and can take an easy lead. Also when they hit ULT they don't have to worry about missing all the time XD

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 24, 2006, 07:10 PM
^
how dare you talk bad about Hunters! I don't pick a Hunter for the reasons you mentioned, I just pick them because I like swords better than guns or magic. Is there anything wrong with having a preference of swords over magic and guns? same with Ryu though, I pick him cuz I think he's cool, not cuz he's easy to use. and HUmar, some like slashing while being an fleshie dude as opposed to like a robot like a HUcast or something, the same reason I picked a HUmar as my first PSO character and why I don't plan on breaking the tradition and staying HUmar. well, yeah, you can see by my sig that I'll have one character who doesn't use swords, but 2 or 3 are hunters, and its because I love to slash, not because they are easy to use. *catches his breath*
I felt like I had to rant to defend the honor of Hunters who use them for the same reason I do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-10-24 17:12 ]</font>

EnixBelmont
Oct 24, 2006, 07:15 PM
On 2006-10-24 16:52, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
I always liked the platform shoes, I liekd their look over all more than any of the other classes lol I find HUs (especially HUmars) the lamest characters in the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Its the lamest because its the most over used class in the game and are so easy to fall on. picking a HUmar is like people who like picking Ryu or Ken in street fighter, they are the most one-dimensional characters in the game. Its also easy for the kids to fall on using HUmar especially if they want to use one of their lame-ass names lol

Also to elaborate more on why FOs are the best is because from level one they have the highest damage output and can take an easy lead. Also when they hit ULT they don't have to worry about missing all the time XD

Eh, I agree about HUmars being overused to hell. But don't compare them to people who pick Ken and Ryu in street fighter, some people just like how they play. And Kens cool. Although it's fairly obvious who my favorite character is >_>

And HUcast is actually pretty cool. Same with HUcaseal. And HUnewearls are overused and overrated >_>

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:10, Shiroryuu wrote:
^
how dare you talk bad about Hunters! I don't pick a Hunter for the reasons you mentioned, I just pick them because I like swords better than guns or magic. Is there anything wrong with having a preference of swords over magic and guns? same with Ryu though, I pick him cuz I think he's cool, not cuz he's easy to use. and HUmar, some like slashing while being an fleshie dude as opposed to like a robot like a HUcast or something.

I know people use HUmars because they also think they are "cool" but its not good to criticize a majorities taste http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If I were to too say "people with one-dimensional taste" but thats moot. HUcasts on the other hand have a deeper layer of depth compared to HUmars. HUmars a just easy to use and thus are newbie friendly therefor the newbies choose them. Just like street fighter newbies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HUmar was my very first character in PSO *cough*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackwaltz-R on 2006-10-24 17:24 ]</font>

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:15, EnixBelmont wrote:

Eh, I agree about HUmars being overused to hell. But don't compare them to people who pick Ken and Ryu in street fighter, some people just like how they play. And Kens cool. Although it's fairly obvious who my favorite character is >_>

And HUcast is actually pretty cool. Same with HUcaseal. And HUnewearls are overused and overrated >_>

I wouldn;t really say HUnewearls are over-rated, I see them as the Red Mages of PSO since they are pretty versitile. They are definatly prolly the 2nd most heavily used characters though, especially by guys lol

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 24, 2006, 07:23 PM
I'm sure HUmars, HUnewms may not get the same treatment in this game since they are supposedly "teh g1mp50rz ZOMFG" according to elitists who are only gonna accept Beast Hunters, Cast Rangers, and Newman Forces, the first of which is maybe only a probability. and say what you want about HUnewearls but they were WAY hotter than HUcaseals. fleshie Hunters FTW, including the beasts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-10-24 17:24 ]</font>

EnixBelmont
Oct 24, 2006, 07:23 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:18, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

^
how dare you talk bad about Hunters! I don't pick a Hunter for the reasons you mentioned, I just pick them because I like swords better than guns or magic. Is there anything wrong with having a preference of swords over magic and guns? same with Ryu though, I pick him cuz I think he's cool, not cuz he's easy to use. and HUmar, some like slashing while being an fleshie dude as opposed to like a robot like a HUcast or something.

I know people use HUmars because they also think they are "cool" but its not good to criticize a majorities taste http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If I were to too say "people with a one-dimensional" but thats moot. HUcasts on the other hand have a deeper layer of depth compared to HUmars. HUmars a just easy to use and thus are newbie friendly therefor the newbies choose them. Just like street fighter newbies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HUmars in PSO also look almost as bad as FOnewm with their horribly lame jumpsuit thingy. This game has way cooler characters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, everyone knows Dan is the best street fighter character.

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 07:28 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:23, EnixBelmont wrote:

HUmars in PSO also look almost as bad as FOnewm with their horribly lame jumpsuit thingy. This game has way cooler characters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My only issue about the HUmar costume is that ALOT of peeps choose the black HUmar costume which even I was guilty of doing. Who here DIDN'T make a Humare with the blakc costume with white hair and the scarred eye? lol

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 07:32 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:23, Shiroryuu wrote:
I'm sure HUmars, HUnewms may not get the same treatment in this game since they are supposedly "teh g1mp50rz ZOMFG" according to elitists who are only gonna accept Beast Hunters, Cast Rangers, and Newman Forces, the first of which is maybe only a probability. and say what you want about HUnewearls but they were WAY hotter than HUcaseals. fleshie Hunters FTW, including the beasts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-10-24 17:24 ]</font>

Yeah a game like this doesn;t really need that mentality since this game isn't as persistent as other online games. I remeber the very reason I made a FOmar when eps. 1&2 came out was because of an editorial (I forget which, I think it was EGM) who said FOmar was "Weak Sauce" lol I had no trouble pwning this game with FOmars as with any other FO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackwaltz-R on 2006-10-24 17:38 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 24, 2006, 07:35 PM

On 2006-10-24 17:18, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

^

I know people use HUmars because they also think they are "cool" but its not good to criticize a majorities taste http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If I were to too say "people with a one-dimensional" but thats moot. HUcasts on the other hand have a deeper layer of depth compared to HUmars. HUmars a just easy to use and thus are newbie friendly therefor the newbies choose them. Just like street fighter newbies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I kinda disagreed on your negative opinion of HUmars and HUnewearls but I'm totally gonna agree on the sucky HUmar outfit, PSU having cooler outfits, and the fact that Dan is totally awesome.

EnixBelmont
Oct 24, 2006, 07:38 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:23, Shiroryuu wrote:

....In PSO, the graphics really weren't good enough to say HUnewearls were hot. Nothing in PSO was really hot at all. IN PSU, I can see why people would find them hot, but who the **** cares anyway? 99% of the time if you met a HUnewearl online it was a guy anyway. And I personally don't make characters to be hot, since I only play as guys.....

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 07:43 PM
The issue I have with the looks in the game is how the male characters stand when they aren't moving, they look so dumb. Then theirs the Human males hair-line, it looks like their hair is glued onto their head without positioning it first lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackwaltz-R on 2006-10-24 17:43 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 24, 2006, 07:44 PM
99% of the time if you met a HUnewearl online it was a guy anyway.

yeah, thats true, I know cuz I was one of them, and people were hitting on me, thinking that I looked like that in real life. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
they should have probably made a HUnewm for the non-perverts who wanted someone that played like a HUnewearl I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-10-24 17:44 ]</font>

Xbob
Oct 24, 2006, 07:48 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:28, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

My only issue about the HUmar costume is that ALOT of peeps choose the black HUmar costume which even I was guilty of doing. Who here DIDN'T make a Humare with the blakc costume with white hair and the scarred eye? lol

I never did that. My very first character on PSO was a HUmar in a white suit with brown Ramirez (Think Skies of Arcadia) style hair. That was my ONLY character until blue Burst, where I finally made a FOmar.

VanHalen
Oct 24, 2006, 07:51 PM

umm hunters are cool for swords not for beginner reasons i dont pick a character for difficulty i picked them on looks and weapons besides magic to me is kinda boring

though i do have to agree with you on something that they are overused and they really need someone to tell them how to dress

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-10-24 17:53 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 24, 2006, 07:57 PM
for my first HUmar which was named White Dragon(Shiro Ryuu in English), it was the other way around for him, he did have the scarred eye but he wore the all white outfit and had black hair(the one with the topknot ponytail). he has white hair now but only to go with his name.

and thank you VanHalen, at least someone agrees with me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-10-24 18:05 ]</font>

Teneris
Oct 24, 2006, 08:12 PM
Yeah I'm kind of like Shiroryuu, one of the main hunter characters I had in PSO was a HUmar with a white suit and white hair (topknot ponytail too, I think. I had a little hair going over the eye as well).

I think the newmen I have planned for PSU should be pretty neat. Yay for that flash thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 08:19 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:51, VanHalen wrote:

umm hunters are cool for swords not for beginner reasons i dont pick a character for difficulty i picked them on looks and weapons besides magic to me is kinda boring

though i do have to agree with you on something that they are overused and they really need someone to tell them how to dress

[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-10-24 17:53 ]

yeah thats my issue, That was also the same reaosn I picked a HUmar when i first played, because I just thought they were so "cool" but that was before I started going through my howle introspect phase where I put a lot of thought into every thing I do or choose to do since rather than just acting or deciding on impulse. Because I realized thats one dimentional thinking and things you do or choose to indulge in pretty much defines you personally. So one thing I try to avoid doing is indulging in things Iwould consider one-dimentional or mediocre from the start.

I would save them for last and try to indulge in things that I prolly wouldn't find interesting and maybe I would learn to like it. Thats how I came to liking FOs and magic type charcters as a whole because they usually require more cognition, and its hard for me to hate things that make me think. This also made me better at using HUmar and considering its other stats rather than just making all out POW mags like most peeps did at the time lol

I just see the whole "it looks cool" mentality as another way of saying "I didn't have to think about it, when its cool, you never have to think about it" lol just ask all underage smokers XD

Garroway
Oct 24, 2006, 08:27 PM
On 2006-10-24 15:28, Saikyn wrote:
Do newman's in PSU do that *** looking stance when casting magic still,? you know, the one where they stick their rod out with both hands and stand on one foot.

- -

This was a completely unnecessary edit. I've seen the animation in question and it deffinately fits the definition on the Merriam-Webster online dictionary. You may check the site, Merriam-Webster Online (http://www.m-w.com/) Also I have conveniently posted the deffinition for review:

1 a : happily excited : MERRY <in a gay mood> b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits <a bird's gay spring song>
2 a : BRIGHT, LIVELY <gay sunny meadows> b : brilliant in color
3 : given to social pleasures; also : LICENTIOUS
4 a : HOMOSEXUAL <gay men> b : of, relating to, or used by homosexuals <the gay rights movement> <a gay bar>
synonym see LIVELY
- gay adverb
- gay·ness noun

This specific gesture can easily be defined as both happily excited, and lively. The very FOnewm character itself can be defined as gay as we clearly see that he fits criteria 1-3. The usage of the word "gay" was correct. Furthermore, the original statement was not written in a disparaging manner.

If the implication here is that the only acceptable definition of gay is homosexual and; that definition is derogatory in nature, then I find that very immature and offensive.

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 08:31 PM
Or the term "Gey" or "Ghey" can be utilized more, as is the natural progression of the english language. lol

theShoal
Oct 24, 2006, 08:40 PM
On 2006-10-24 16:24, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
Don't hate just because FOnewm was the best class in the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm with you there. Gotta dig those hats.

Kent
Oct 24, 2006, 08:44 PM
On 2006-10-24 18:27, Garroway wrote:

- -

This was a completely unnecessary edit. I've seen the animation in question and it deffinately fits the definition on the Merriam-Webster online dictionary. You may check the site, Merriam-Webster Online (http://www.m-w.com/) Also I have conveniently posted the deffinition for review:

1 a : happily excited : MERRY <in a gay mood> b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits <a bird's gay spring song>
4 a : HOMOSEXUAL <gay men> b : of, relating to, or used by homosexuals <the gay rights movement> <a gay bar>
synonym see LIVELY
- gay adverb
- gay·ness noun

This specific gesture can easily be defined as both happily excited, and lively. The very FOnewm character itself can be defined as gay as we clearly see that he fits criteria 1-3. The usage of the word "gay" was correct. Furthermore, the original statement was not written in a disparaging manner.

If the implication here is that the only acceptable definition of gay is homosexual and; that definition is derogatory in nature, then I find that very immature and offensive.

Ever seen a FOnewm cast with a Rod? It's obvious which definition was being used (Hint: It doesn't look "lively," "happy," or anything to do with "pleasure," really), and it happened to be used in a degoratory fashion. It was implied to be very negative, if you look at the original post. This was a completely necessary edit.

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 08:52 PM
FOs shouldn't been using rods in the first place lol to my recollection they don't boost mind and therefor redundant as are canes (excluding the unique canes and rods).

JaiBlue
Oct 24, 2006, 08:53 PM
On 2006-10-24 18:52, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
FOs shouldn't been using rods in the first place lol to my recollection they don't boost mind and therefor redundant as are canes (excluding the unique canes and rods).

You'll neva get me away from my precious Dark Bridge!

afcakey
Oct 24, 2006, 08:55 PM
I think all races were a bit metrosexualized.

Midicronica
Oct 24, 2006, 08:55 PM
On a lighter note, on PSU has anyone noticed how all the mail characters have that little twist in their hips when they run and walk? When you're running with a rod it's really noticable.

I can't quite remember how the FOnewm's attack animation went, because I haven't really played PSO in about two years now. However, I do remember that it was probably the enjoyable character I've ever built during my PSO experience. My FOnewm also didn't wear black and white hair. He had the blue outfit with the striped stockings... erm, socks.. and blonde hair.

Good old days, Premiere was quite the character..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2006-10-24 19:07 ]</font>

JaiBlue
Oct 24, 2006, 08:58 PM
On 2006-10-24 18:55, Shadow_Moses wrote:
On a lighter note, on PSU has anyone noticed how all the mail characters have that little twist in their hips when they run and walk? When you're running with a rod it's really noticable.

I can't quite remember how the FOnewm's attack animation was because I haven't played PSO in about two years now, but I do remember that it was probably the enjoyable character I built. My FOnewm also didn't wear black and white hair. He had the blue outfit on with the striped stockings...? Erm, socks.. and blonde hair. Good old days, Premiere was quite the character..

I noticed that twist too my FOmar has it.

Saikyn
Oct 24, 2006, 09:34 PM

- -

synonym see LIVELY
- gay adverb
- gay·ness noun

I love you Garroway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saikyn on 2006-10-24 19:35 ]</font>

Black_Cross
Oct 24, 2006, 09:40 PM
That makes me sad too that FOnewms aren't flamboyant like they used to to be... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It made them all the more unique and fun to play.

FenixStryk
Oct 24, 2006, 09:41 PM
I kinda like the new FOnewms, but oh well. =p

Blackwaltz-R
Oct 24, 2006, 09:50 PM
On 2006-10-24 18:53, JaiBlue wrote:
You'll neva get me away from my precious Dark Bridge!

On 2006-10-24 18:52, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
(excluding the unique canes and rods).

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Niki
Oct 24, 2006, 09:50 PM

synonym see LIVELY
- gay adverb
- gay·ness noun

Props. We should be making more of these attempts to reclaim our language and counter our reactionary culture.

On 2006-10-24 18:55, afcakey wrote:
I think all races were a bit metrosexualized.

Made in Japan.

rayis
Oct 24, 2006, 10:16 PM
Heh... FOmars rule.

Shykin
Oct 24, 2006, 10:18 PM
FOmars were cool but Fornewms were the only mage class I absolutely refused to use because they had gigantic butt pads and high top shoes.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 24, 2006, 11:03 PM
They are no longer fruity jesters, they are now frolocking elves, such a huge non gay improvment! oh wait

SirenV
Oct 24, 2006, 11:45 PM
On 2006-10-24 18:44, Kent wrote:

- -

synonym see LIVELY
- gay adverb
- gay·ness noun

Ever seen a FOnewm cast with a Rod? It's obvious which definition was being used (Hint: It doesn't look "lively," "happy," or anything to do with "pleasure," really), and it happened to be used in a degoratory fashion. It was implied to be very negative, if you look at the original post. This was a completely necessary edit.

AUGH! I'm suprised to see the kind of arguments that can arise from something so trivial.

Kent you almost disprove your point by nearly agreeing that the animation HAS to be 'gay' to be called gay. Honestly, that animation is rather spritely, and in that sense - lively, jovial, gay (in nature).

You're obviously right that the word was used derogatorily though. Words are just words but how they are intended for use is a different story altogether. The word clearly was not meant to be 'gay' in the happy sense. If so, it was only derivative of the view that homosexuals are, in fact, the very personification of faries. (and I can tell you this is wrong.) So get over it. And if it wasn't, it was used in the "dumb/bad" sense (which is also derivative of views on homosexuals.. but the word is generally not intended to be slanderous).

The FOnewm appearance itself is rather eccentric, yes, but can't you let someone create a stylized environment without befuddling it your subjective cultural views for once? It can't be everyone's way all the time. There's nothing wrong with wanting something you can relate to but... still.

And another thing...

On 2006-10-24 19:50, Niki wrote:

Props. We should be making more of these attempts to reclaim our language and counter our reactionary culture.

I know you may be hyped up on some crusade against those over-sensitive 'politically correct' crusaders who want to destroy your 'langage'... They annoy me too... but how can you call that your language? Freedom of expression is one thing but preserving some senseless base slang word (etc...) is another. Although not incredibly offensive I think omitting that word is ok becuase it sends the message of not tolerating linguistic junk. And culture will never 'even out' becuase it is a 2-sided excess pride issue that will only unfortunately build.

And you know what? I'm gay. Who cares. I don't find that term offensive,(Unless it's a direct attack against someone's character - becuase fundamentally it should not be an issue)so use it... But it doesn't mean that people won't think that you're a fool who's incapable of properly expressing themself.

So quit wasting this last day or so trolling the forums before you spend all your time playing PSU and read a book so maybe you can become more articulate and not have to use that phantom word at all.

Lol, by the way I mean no disrepsect to anyone and I'm just tired and rambling.

PLURSprout
Oct 25, 2006, 12:14 AM
^ SirenV, YOU F-ING ROCK! People of 'deviant' sexuality unite. While I disagree with not finding the word offensive (at the very least it keeps me from taking the person seriously), I understand your point and totally love what you said. Sigh, don't get me started on the effect that language has on maintaining social heirarchies.

PS. And yes, the first post used the word 'gay' in a way that was derogatory to a minority population, and therefore was justfully edited. I'm impressed!

Saikyn
Oct 25, 2006, 07:49 AM
On 2006-10-24 21:45, SirenV wrote:

On 2006-10-24 18:44, Kent wrote:

- -

synonym see LIVELY
- gay adverb
- gay·ness noun

AUGH! I'm suprised to see the kind of arguments that can arise from something so trivial.

Kent you almost disprove your point by nearly agreeing that the animation HAS to be 'gay' to be called gay. Honestly, that animation is rather spritely, and in that sense - lively, jovial, gay (in nature).

You're obviously right that the word was used derogatorily though. Words are just words but how they are intended for use is a different story altogether. The word clearly was not meant to be 'gay' in the happy sense. If so, it was only derivative of the view that homosexuals are, in fact, the very personification of faries. (and I can tell you this is wrong.) So get over it. And if it wasn't, it was used in the "dumb/bad" sense (which is also derivative of views on homosexuals.. but the word is generally not intended to be slanderous).

The FOnewm appearance itself is rather eccentric, yes, but can't you let someone create a stylized environment without befuddling it your subjective cultural views for once? It can't be everyone's way all the time. There's nothing wrong with wanting something you can relate to but... still.

And another thing...

On 2006-10-24 19:50, Niki wrote:

I know you may be hyped up on some crusade against those over-sensitive 'politically correct' crusaders who want to destroy your 'langage'... They annoy me too... but how can you call that your language? Freedom of expression is one thing but preserving some senseless base slang word (etc...) is another. Although not incredibly offensive I think omitting that word is ok becuase it sends the message of not tolerating linguistic junk. And culture will never 'even out' becuase it is a 2-sided excess pride issue that will only unfortunately build.

And you know what? I'm gay. Who cares. I don't find that term offensive,(Unless it's a direct attack against someone's character - becuase fundamentally it should not be an issue)so use it... But it doesn't mean that people won't think that you're a fool who's incapable of properly expressing themself.

So quit wasting this last day or so trolling the forums before you spend all your time playing PSU and read a book so maybe you can become more articulate and not have to use that phantom word at all.

Lol, by the way I mean no disrepsect to anyone and I'm just tired and rambling.

I value your view of the matter, and I salute you!

Just so we are clear, I am in no way a "homophobic" person, my two best friends online in FFXI were homosexuals, and one of my old PSO buddies was homosexual as well. Should I bother to mention a good friend of mine I've known since I was two just recently came out?

Bleh not that it makes a difference? The use of the word gay has become significantly different in our generation than just a decade or two ago. That goes for its correct and derogitory usage. I by no means meant any offense to those people who are homosexual, but the term helps better define my point, weather gay people like it or not, 90% of society understands my usage of the word. If you take offense to it, you probably need to get out some more. I do try to refrain from using it in a negative manner.

Peace, Sai

Katachi
Oct 25, 2006, 09:25 AM
FOnewms are FUITY!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with playing hunters. They had access to all the best melee weapons, handguns AND techniques. Hell, I'd say playing a force is more of a beginner character when you can push one button and cast a technique against multiple enemies. Just because it's not your playstyle doesn't mean it's a "beginner" class.

I prefer to use melee weapons first, then ranged, and then technices, I never used trap detect. I prefered to set them off with my FACE!

Kismet
Oct 25, 2006, 09:26 AM
Lol @ This thread

Utter biased stupidity.

Iduno
Oct 25, 2006, 09:32 AM
I was going to make some joke about hunters with compensating for something with their big swords http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

but I think I'd annoy too many pple lol

o and btw when you go around setting traps off with your face guess who has to bail you out lol...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iduno on 2006-10-25 07:33 ]</font>

Alisha
Oct 25, 2006, 09:34 AM

you seem to be making the asumption that all fo's used techs for damage the only tech my fomarl casted for damage outside of boss battles was grants.

Edit: this thread owns
*points at her location*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-10-25 07:40 ]</font>

Katachi
Oct 25, 2006, 09:38 AM
On 2006-10-25 07:32, Iduno wrote:
I was going to make some joke about hunters with compensating for something with their big swords http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

o and btw when you go around setting traps off with your face guess who has to bail you out lol...

Nobody bails me out. Hunters have Resta too, Remember? Eating traps just brings you that much closer to PB.

Alisha
Oct 25, 2006, 09:41 AM
any hunter other than hunewearl that actually used resta was a noob

Iduno
Oct 25, 2006, 09:46 AM
On 2006-10-25 07:38, Katachi wrote:

On 2006-10-25 07:32, Iduno wrote:

Nobody bails me out. Hunters have Resta too, Remember? Eating traps just brings you that much closer to PB.

thats all set to change in psu now the only classes that can use techniques are forces, forteteachers, gunteachers and warteachers so you may just want to look where your treading now lol and go easy on the running into everything routine

Katachi
Oct 25, 2006, 09:49 AM
On 2006-10-25 07:41, Alisha wrote:
any hunter other than hunewearl that actually used resta was a noob

What? That doesn't even make sense. How does playing for 6 years straight make me a noob? You get PB for reason, and the faster you can get to it, the better. I'd argue that anyone who relies on a Force to heal them should learn to do it themself. Leave the force alone and Resta yo'self.

Alisha
Oct 25, 2006, 09:52 AM
my fault. i was referencing the fact that most good humars carried and used mates since you would need to cast resta multiple times. even my rarely used hunewearl carried trimates and dimates

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 25, 2006, 09:52 AM
its much easier to escape from things now because in this game, you don't walk for 2 seconds before you start running, you just go straight to running so you can avoid getting smacked after finishing a combo. I remember when I used to accidentially run into traps because of the auto-lock on, the manual lock on makes things easier IMO.

Katachi
Oct 25, 2006, 09:55 AM
Three words: Rizen Must Die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9SxUV9PS4M

It's not pure hunter, but it's hunter with benefits (figunner)

There is still much fun to be had with the hunters!

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 25, 2006, 09:56 AM

This has to be a joke post.

You can't be serious.

And purely as an aside, no one... not even my grandparents use "gay" to mean "happy."

Back on topic, regardless of what stereotypical behavior the male, Force newmans exhibited in PSO... all I know is that they just looked silly and ridiculous, and I never made one as a result. I don't think any race / class combination should look inherently stupid in any game like that. If people want to make their character look goofy, that's different.

This is why I like PSU.

In summary... what SirenV said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guilty-Mirage on 2006-10-25 08:00 ]</font>

Saikyn
Oct 25, 2006, 12:38 PM
On 2006-10-25 07:26, Kismet wrote:
Lol @ This thread

Utter biased stupidity.

i want to be inside you