PDA

View Full Version : Switching classes and class exp

Phaze37
Oct 24, 2006, 06:39 PM
If I start off as a Ranger and then change my class to Hunter when I'm halfway between ranger level 2 and ranger level 3, will my ranger exp still be halfway between level 2 and 3 if I switch back to ranger later, or will I lose the incomplete level and get bumped down to the minimum class exp required for level 2?

I hope that makese sense.

Syl
Oct 24, 2006, 06:43 PM
I think I remember reading up on that on the FAQ here. It said you lose it (as far as I remember!). But I have a question: Will you have to develop each trait individually to reach 100 (Lvl 100 = 50 ra+40Hu+10FO for exaple [and I know about the level cap]) or can you do the max on each one...

Wang_Tang
Oct 24, 2006, 06:46 PM
Don't you class-levelup from mission exp? Does that not mean you can continue to levelup your classes after you reach the level cap?

Ether
Oct 24, 2006, 06:49 PM
You don't lose the partial levels when you switch jobs

WatchThemFeed is completely wrong regarding the job system, character level and job level are seperate

Phaze37
Oct 24, 2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks Ether, that's what I thought, but I just had to be sure that I can change jobs at any time without losing class exp. I'm still not sure what class I want to be so I'll probably go back and forth between Hunter and Ranger a few times at least.