PDA

View Full Version : Quick and dirty mind PM

-Shimarisu-
Oct 24, 2006, 07:12 PM
Here's how to make the fastest and cheapest mind PM, the most useful PM in battle for a melee character as it'll heal you. This PM is not recommended for FO characters trying to synth weapons, as it will have lowish mind at level 80 compared to a more pure PM, but it's exceedingly useful for HU characters who want a constant resta.

This method will result in a level 80 mind PM in minimum 5 days if you feed it on the dot every 12 hours. Get saving those dimates, you're going to need them.

1. Start with a fresh PM, nothing fed to it.
2. Feed dimates til its POW stops just short of 10. Dimates and other 2 star items have the best pow/mind ratio (3:1). Other items are worse for mind. Also, dimates are cheap. Look in the player shops of force characters.
3. When the pow stops short of 10, feed any low rarity wands or rods you've picked up, also regene from the shop. Regene is the cheapest 2 star tech at 1000 meseta as opposed to 1500, and will raise mind by 9.
4. Do this til level 20. Your stats are now 9/0/11/0 and you should have a GH-202.
5. Remember the 3:1 POW/MIND ration of dimates? Feed dimates to level 50, and regene/FO weaps to lower pow as soon as it starts hitting close to the 31 mark. Your stats are now 29/0/21/0 and you have a GH-202. If at any point your pow gets too high and looks like it's teetering on the 31 mark, you can lower it with a regene or FO weaps.
6. Again, another 30 levels are needed to 80, and another 10 levels on mind to evolve to the mind PM, GH-450. Dimates can continue to be fed up until this level, alternating with FO weaps and regene, making your stats 50/0/30/0 which will evolve the PM to the mind PM quickly, and the cheapest you can manage.

Some more tips:

It helps to play at FO for the 5 days you're doing this, to save up on dimates. Even if your final character will not be using the FO class.

If at any point the pow rises close to 10 between 0-20, 31 between 20-50 or 51 between 50-80, feed regene/FO weaps to lower it.

Your final PM will have a good POW stat. It can be used to synth up POW weaps for your HU character until you start making the cash for a purer POW PM on another character.

Furthur update:

Fo weaps made from lvl 1 characters in your spare character slot lower pow by just 1, but raise mind by 4. It takes a lot of time to farm them, but they can be used as top ups if you're desperate.

If you farm the B rank green forest on Neudaiz on lucky days when you have stars next to your character name, 4 star FO weaps will drop. These currently sell in player shops for 2000-3000 meseta on JP, making them double the price of regene. They raise mind by 16. Worth farming rather than buying, IMO.

In fact, if you farm Neudaiz areas, more FO weaps will drop than anything else.

Later you can BUY FO weaps from other peoples' player shops for less time taken meseta wise than it'd cost to farm them. You can also synth them cheaply - 2 star weaps are the best method.

MORE ADVICE!:

CHECK NEWMAN SHOPS FOR DIMATES! They naturally don't need em, so I'm seeing prices of 20 and 3 meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-10-24 18:29 ]</font>

Rizen
Oct 24, 2006, 07:14 PM
Nice guide. Glad someone took the time to post info on PMs.

uhawww
Oct 24, 2006, 07:18 PM
I bought a PM ZERO earlier this morning...
I think I'll give GH450 a shot.
Thanks for posting this.

Numnuttz
Oct 24, 2006, 07:18 PM
Sweet, ive been waiting for some kind of pm guide to be created.

Ether
Oct 24, 2006, 07:19 PM
Are you sure power can't go over 20 once you've got GH 202? I thought the only evolutionary decider for that one was mind being above or below 20

-Shimarisu-
Oct 24, 2006, 07:20 PM
If pow goes over the mark it'll mean you can't raise the mind to the requisite amount for evolution.

Ether
Oct 24, 2006, 07:22 PM
Oh durr, I should've realized that

Good guide, though I think the cheapest way to raise a mind mag is to make 750 newman and put their wands in the shared bank http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 24, 2006, 07:24 PM
Whats pow?

Zorafim
Oct 24, 2006, 07:26 PM
A quick PM with a dirty mind? What?

-Shimarisu-
Oct 24, 2006, 07:28 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:22, Ether wrote:
Oh durr, I should've realized that

Good guide, though I think the cheapest way to raise a mind mag is to make 750 newman and put their wands in the shared bank http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That takes forever. Seriously I did it with the def PM which is easiest to do it with, and at around lvl 50 I was just buying the cast parts from low level newbs who'd done the work for me, as it was more cost effective for my time.

Dhylec
Oct 24, 2006, 07:45 PM
This guide is now a 'floating sticky', feel free to bump & update any time. It might very well be a real guide once the content admin has time to work on it.

-Shimarisu-
Oct 24, 2006, 08:04 PM
Got my calculations off, it's gonna need more regene disks to lower stats after 20.
HOWEVER,

At lvl 50 you only need to have 20 mind, not 21.
Ditto for 80, you need 30, not 31.

I'll edit accordingly.

Edit: It's still the cheapest method by a long shot. There really is no cheaper way than this. I'm still raising this PM but it's rising accordingly and it's not costing me 1/10th the cost of my pure POW PM.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-10-24 18:09 ]</font>

Zorafim
Oct 24, 2006, 10:02 PM
Woot, I got a perverted reference on a sticky!

DrewSeleski
Oct 25, 2006, 12:13 AM
Doing the calculations for amount of regene discs and dimates you need for this I came up with: 138 regenes and 880 dimates
Both these numbers will be a good deal different if you feed it fo weapons you are bound to find. It comes up to 1018 items total which is 10.2 feedings. Again the numbers will be smaller if you are giving it fo weapons you have found.
In case you don't believe me or want to figure out how many you need of some other item combination to get a certain pm I'll go through the steps to find it out.
Optimum levels for a cheap mind pm would be 30 mind and 50 power since power is cheapest to raise. This means it needs 3000 mind points and 5000 power points. Dimates give +2 to mind and +6 to power. Regene discs give -2 to power and +9 to mind. Dimates are the thing we want to use the most of since they can be bought really cheap and also found for free pretty often.
So step one for setting this up is finding how many dimates it would take to get each of these values
3000/2 is 1500 and 5000/6 is 834.
This means that you can't just use dimates only as feeding it 1500 of them would have it's power be too high! So this is where regene comes in. It both adds 9 mind as well as taking away 2 power.
Second step is creating two line equations. Your y will be the number of dimates and the x the number of regenes. Basically we are going to have two lines showing the decrease in number of dimates needed to obtain mind and the increase in the number to obtain the power until they intersect.
The equations are as follows
y = (2/6)x+834
This is the power equation, the y value starts at the amount of dimates needed when you are using no regenes or in other words when x is zero. As the number of regenes used(x) increases the number of dimates does at the rate of 2/6. It's 2/6 because regenes subtract two from power each and dimates add six to power each.
Now for the mind equation
y = 1500 - (9/2)x
Basically set up the same way except that it is starting from the amount needed for mind and decreasing.
then all that's left is to find the point where the lines intersect(really easy to do if you have a graphing calculator) and you have the amounts of dimates and regenes it would take to reach those optimum numbers. remember the x value is the amount of regenes and the y is the amount of dimates.

Now if you didn't follow that at all it's okay because it's not really important and I suck at explaining these sorts of things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrewSeleski on 2006-10-24 22:15 ]</font>

Marik
Oct 25, 2006, 12:36 AM
What would be a good PM for a Fortegunner?

DrewSeleski
Oct 25, 2006, 12:48 AM
Any pm but 450 is bad in battle unless you have a force or hybrid force in the party. The reason for this is that they never heal themselves unless they are the 450(mind pm) and if you don't have someone who can cast resta it's probably going to die at some point and ruin your rank.

-Shimarisu-
Oct 25, 2006, 12:51 AM
For a FO? A POW based PM is best.

For wartecher? A gun based PM.

For a RA? 450 OR for a guntecher, a pow based PM.

For Fighgunner? 450.

For Fortefighter? Again, 450.

Gdiz
Oct 25, 2006, 02:32 AM
those stars being next to your name actually means something? wow, explain it to me!

Tycho
Oct 25, 2006, 09:06 AM
On 2006-10-25 00:32, Gdiz wrote:
those stars being next to your name actually means something? wow, explain it to me!
Here (http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Luck).

I also redid most of the PM page this morning, before I knew about this thread.

On a sidenote, I'd like to note that some of the unreleased PMs that specialize in melee/ranged combat are healers as well, the difference being that they rely on items for this.

Lorsavasus
Oct 25, 2006, 09:44 AM
Unfortunately I'm having a hard time getting my mind around the concept. Does the 450 actually attack enemies (thusly POW being good) and has the really great benefit of being able to heal you? Otherwise if it only heals, wouldn't a greater MIND stat be better?

And as far as synthing goes, what sort of difference does the PM make? What'll be the difference between the 450 you just explained (good fighter weaponry) vs. a dedicated POW PM?

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 25, 2006, 09:45 AM
I was kinda worried by the title of this thread, "quick and dirty mind", until I realized that it was a quick and dirty way to make a mind PM, but thats probably cuz I have a dirty mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-10-25 07:45 ]</font>

Tycho
Oct 25, 2006, 09:52 AM
On 2006-10-25 07:44, Lorsavasus wrote:
Unfortunately I'm having a hard time getting my mind around the concept. Does the 450 actually attack enemies (thusly POW being good) and has the really great benefit of being able to heal you? Otherwise if it only heals, wouldn't a greater MIND stat be better?

And as far as synthing goes, what sort of difference does the PM make? What'll be the difference between the 450 you just explained (good fighter weaponry) vs. a dedicated POW PM?

The four individual stats have no influence on battle efficiency. However, the points in Technic (= 'MIND') allow for the PM to become a 450, which would heal the player in combat.

Lorsavasus
Oct 25, 2006, 09:57 AM
Wait, so all battle-ready PMs have the same basic stats on the field? The four stats that we level up only affect synthisizing and how your PM evolves?

-Shimarisu-
Oct 26, 2006, 07:37 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/birdpm2.jpg

Level 55 now. The method works.

It turns out that 1 star FO weaps from the shop actually do work out cheaper than regene too, but it will not raise your PM as fast.

1 star FO weap= +4 to mind, -1 pow, 350 meseta.
Regene= +9 mind, -2 pow, 1000 meseta.

pso123hrf
Oct 26, 2006, 09:35 PM
Wuts a good PM for:

1. Fortecher
2. Fortegunner
3. Fortefighter
4. Figunner

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif good guide

RamenEater
Oct 28, 2006, 04:26 AM
On 2006-10-24 17:12, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Here's how to make the fastest and cheapest mind PM, the most useful PM in battle for a melee character as it'll heal you. This PM is not recommended for FO characters trying to synth weapons, as it will have lowish mind at level 80 compared to a more pure PM, but it's exceedingly useful for HU characters who want a constant resta.

This method will result in a level 80 mind PM in minimum 5 days if you feed it on the dot every 12 hours. Get saving those dimates, you're going to need them.

1. Start with a fresh PM, nothing fed to it.
2. Feed dimates til its POW stops just short of 10. Dimates and other 2 star items have the best pow/mind ratio (3:1). Other items are worse for mind. Also, dimates are cheap. Look in the player shops of force characters.
3. When the pow stops short of 10, feed any low rarity wands or rods you've picked up, also regene from the shop. Regene is the cheapest 2 star tech at 1000 meseta as opposed to 1500, and will raise mind by 9.
4. Do this til level 20. Your stats are now 9/0/11/0 and you should have a GH-202.
5. Remember the 3:1 POW/MIND ration of dimates? Feed dimates to level 50, and regene/FO weaps to lower pow as soon as it starts hitting close to the 31 mark. Your stats are now 29/0/21/0 and you have a GH-202. If at any point your pow gets too high and looks like it's teetering on the 31 mark, you can lower it with a regene or FO weaps.
6. Again, another 30 levels are needed to 80, and another 10 levels on mind to evolve to the mind PM, GH-450. Dimates can continue to be fed up until this level, alternating with FO weaps and regene, making your stats 50/0/30/0 which will evolve the PM to the mind PM quickly, and the cheapest you can manage.

Some more tips:

It helps to play at FO for the 5 days you're doing this, to save up on dimates. Even if your final character will not be using the FO class.

If at any point the pow rises close to 10 between 0-20, 31 between 20-50 or 51 between 50-80, feed regene/FO weaps to lower it.

Your final PM will have a good POW stat. It can be used to synth up POW weaps for your HU character until you start making the cash for a purer POW PM on another character.

Furthur update:

Fo weaps made from lvl 1 characters in your spare character slot lower pow by just 1, but raise mind by 4. It takes a lot of time to farm them, but they can be used as top ups if you're desperate.

If you farm the B rank green forest on Neudaiz on lucky days when you have stars next to your character name, 4 star FO weaps will drop. These currently sell in player shops for 2000-3000 meseta on JP, making them double the price of regene. They raise mind by 16. Worth farming rather than buying, IMO.

In fact, if you farm Neudaiz areas, more FO weaps will drop than anything else.

Later you can BUY FO weaps from other peoples' player shops for less time taken meseta wise than it'd cost to farm them. You can also synth them cheaply - 2 star weaps are the best method.

MORE ADVICE!:

CHECK NEWMAN SHOPS FOR DIMATES! They naturally don't need em, so I'm seeing prices of 20 and 3 meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-10-24 18:29 ]</font>

What is POW and when you say stop short of 10 do you mean teh strking level hits 9?

RamenEater
Oct 30, 2006, 02:08 AM
Bump and extra question.

You can only feed your PM so many times? and then the next time you can feed it is 12 hours?

JamesKilton
Nov 3, 2006, 07:25 PM
To settle some confusion:

JP US
POW == Striking
DEX == Range
MND == Tech
DEF == Armor

Mazoku
Nov 3, 2006, 08:30 PM
Just wanted to say thank you so much for the guide. I got my 450 this morning. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Excuse the crappy pic, I'm on 360 and my camera sucks.
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7083/450fu5.jpg

GForce09
Nov 4, 2006, 06:48 PM
Awesome guide. Awesome posts.

I made a mistake though... I gave my PM a Bow early on and it boosted my Range/Dex stat >_<

Anyone know an item that might lower that stat and boost my Striking/Pow or Tech/Mnd instead?

DrewSeleski
Nov 4, 2006, 07:05 PM
Don't worry about having those stats raised. For the first evolution just make sure that
1. the strike is 9 or less levels when it reaches level 20 total
2. The tech is 20 or higher when it reaches level 50 total
3. The tech is 30 or higher when it raches level 80

Having these things not happen is the only way you can screw this up. It's perfectly fine to have dex and defense raised, it just makes it harder to raise the more you do that, one or two levels in those shouldn't make it much harder at all.

GForce09
Nov 4, 2006, 08:42 PM
What a relief. Thanks a bunch for the input =]

EC_Subbie
Nov 4, 2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks for making this. I'm about halfway there so far at lv41. I'm using the dimate/1 star Fo weapon method.

EC_Subbie
Nov 5, 2006, 07:26 PM
I'm in uppper 50s now and I got my Duck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'm back on Dimates. Also I switched from Wands and found Staffs work well for price to tech ratio. I buy them in player shops for around 500-800 usually, and they boost tech +8 each time.

RadiantLegend
Nov 5, 2006, 07:54 PM
Does a mind PM affect your chances at synthesizing a hunter weapon?

Kindle
Nov 5, 2006, 10:59 PM
What affects your chance with hunter weapons is your PM's striking level. This is why hunters that want the 450 will want 30 mind, and the rest striking =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kindle on 2006-11-05 23:53 ]</font>

EC_Subbie
Nov 7, 2006, 08:59 AM
Here's the results. My new GH-450, Ada

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/AlucardR/DSCF1157.jpg

She switches between Fire spells and spams healing, very useful for support, but the damage isn't very high for her attack spells. On mad creatures B she was doing between 80 per mob on aoe up to 150 on single attack spells.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EC_Subbie on 2006-11-07 06:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EC_Subbie on 2006-11-07 06:01 ]</font>

Mazoku
Nov 7, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-11-07 05:59, EC_Subbie wrote:
She switches between Fire spells and spams healing, very useful for support, but the damage isn't very high for her attack spells. On mad creatures B she was doing between 80 per mob on aoe up to 150 on single attack spells.

The damage should go up when her combat level goes up. Mine is at level 6 now and I've certainly noticed a difference.

EC_Subbie
Nov 7, 2006, 11:32 PM
I got to take her on A rank missions today according to the force with us she had a rod and spells he couldn't even use yet. Some spells were doing around 370 or so...so those low numbers I mentioned must've just been a lower type spell or aoe maybe. She also uses a nice aoe debuff that gives attack down to all enemies.

Also yea..combat level, I didn't even think of that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EC_Subbie on 2006-11-07 20:33 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 8, 2006, 01:38 AM
Just got mine, bit late considering I wrote the guide, but this is my NA one. My JP one is still lvl 79. I devised the technique and we decided to make Drew's the first one, but here's mine:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/gh410a-6.jpg

Kindle
Nov 10, 2006, 10:15 PM
I may be wrong, but on number 5 I believe it should say as it gets close to 30, not 31, as the end stats are 29/0/21/0. Just thought I would mention it as someone may read it wrong and level striking to 30 =)

-Shimarisu-
Nov 11, 2006, 02:03 AM
You can level striking to 30.

Stats at 50 should be 20 mind or more.

Orin654
Nov 13, 2006, 12:03 PM
Where can I find the tech Regene?

Tomeeboy
Nov 13, 2006, 11:07 PM
Finished mine tonight, thanks for the guide Shimarisu!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/tb/psowbot2.jpg

http://www.pso-world.com/images/tb/psowbot.jpg

I had about 10 days where I couldn't really play the game much, but could log on enough to manage my shop and feed my PM, so I figured I should at least try to have this PM finished by the time I could start playing more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif It went pretty smoothly, considering I was buying dimates & 2 star FO weapons entirely off of shop revenue!

The 450 seems extremely useful as a tag-along healbot / nuker, from the short amount of time I've used it so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements that increased battle level will produce.

Rizen
Nov 13, 2006, 11:36 PM
Man...Kenj was right...that Hair does make me look kinda....ANYWAY! Gratz on the PM!

I have to admit I kinda wish I had a 450 of my own. She healed like crazy, debuffed, AND nuked all at the same time. Shes like a super force. Cant wait for that Battle level to increase.

As for Regene, its not available online yet.

Tomeeboy
Nov 14, 2006, 01:57 AM
Just played around with the 450 a bit more.. I got it to battle level 2 easily (almost to three after a very short amount of time). The AoE healing seems to heal for a maximum of 275 HP right now. Can't wait to see what it's doing as the battle level goes up higher (assuming it raises at all). Right now, I think it could easily serve as the primary healer for most missions. I may try to solo Grove of Fanatics with it tomorrow, as that would probably be the best test of its healing. Would be interesting to see how it does in a dragon run as well.

Mazoku
Nov 14, 2006, 02:10 AM
On 2006-11-13 22:57, Tomeeboy wrote:
Just played around with the 450 a bit more.. I got it to battle level 2 easily (almost to three after a very short amount of time). The AoE healing seems to heal for a maximum of 275 HP right now. Can't wait to see what it's doing as the battle level goes up higher (assuming it raises at all). Right now, I think it could easily serve as the primary healer for most missions. I may try to solo Grove of Fanatics with it tomorrow, as that would probably be the best test of its healing. Would be interesting to see how it does in a dragon run as well.

Mine is combat level 12 now and I've taken her on many dragon A runs as the only healer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif She does surprisingly well. Occasionally she'll get nuked by the dragon but usually I can use a star atomizer in time. Her healing is a bit over 300 HP. I always offer to remove her before the dragon but the group almost always wants her to stay.

Random people in my group comment on her usefulness all the time. People have said they like her healing better than most forces since she spams it when they're down by 10 HP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EC_Subbie
Nov 14, 2006, 02:11 AM
On 2006-11-13 22:57, Tomeeboy wrote:

Last I checked mine was fairly far into battle level 9, so it should be near 10 now. Heals do over 300, maybe closer to 350 per heal, and she spams like.. 6 or 7 heals in a row.. I take party lead very often now, due to her being able to be a primary healer when forces aren't present.

Mio
Nov 14, 2006, 02:13 AM
Subbie what's your PM mst stat? Just to understand if the heal power maybe somewhat related to it

Inazuma
Nov 14, 2006, 02:14 AM
thx to a recent patch to the jp ver, the 450 pm is now the worst pm in the game by FAR. it does NOT cast resta anymore. i am quite upset. i only pray they put it back the way it was.

Ether
Nov 14, 2006, 02:32 AM
Ouch...

Does Maya still cast resta? Or did they nerf her too?

-Shimarisu-
Nov 14, 2006, 02:48 AM
I wouldn't worry too much, from reading the site they nerfed it, but nerfed it too much and are investigating as we speak.

Or DID they nerf it? It doesn't say. All it says is that they are getting a lot of correspondence (lol, raging complaints no doubt) about it. Maybe they just fucked it up during last maint. There was NO news of a nerf posted previously from what I can see, which has always been the case before. But there's no "WE GREATLY APOLOGISE" so they aren't admitting shit atm.

When they've finished looking into the matter, a report will be posted.

Doubt this will affect US, or at the very least I doubt we'll get the HEAVY nerf, if it was a nerf and not an error, if that is they decide it was too much.

I'll finish my 450 on JP and post a report I guess?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-13 23:51 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 14, 2006, 05:03 AM
Yeah, it definitely looks to have been done in error now. There's not a word on the site prior to maint about changing 450. Only saying they had complaints later.

SwiftMetal
Nov 14, 2006, 09:28 AM
On 2006-10-24 17:26, Zorafim wrote:
A quick PM with a dirty mind? What?

Rofl....

hey is there anyway to get a new pm or reset one? cuz i want this for my force but i already gave it a bunch of random crap.

Tomeeboy
Nov 14, 2006, 11:36 AM
Ah.. that's bad news about the JP "nerf" to the 450.. Let's hope it was really a mistake and that we don't see the same change hit the US version. It would be pretty bad if they made the 450 as useless as the trainer NPCs when it comes to healing...

If the 450 is no longer healing AT ALL in the JP version, then I'd think that it was a mistake for sure, but who knows :

Resist
Nov 14, 2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the guide! Mine will be lvl 80 by tonight http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Shimarisu-
Nov 14, 2006, 03:04 PM
it's a mistake. I scoured the Sega site and the only mention of 450 is complaints about it following last maint, and that they are looking into it.

Inazuma
Nov 14, 2006, 07:57 PM
glad they are gonna fix it. thx shima chan

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 16, 2006, 12:30 AM
Do you really get this in 5 days? its gonna take me like 10 days justin stuffing dimates into it lol

Tomeeboy
Nov 16, 2006, 12:57 AM
5 days if you feed it every 12 hours on the dot.. It took more more like 9 or 10 days for me, just because my schedule doesn't allow that kind of precise feeding http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tomeeboy
Nov 17, 2006, 11:27 AM
It seems that the 450 "nerf" may have taken place in last night's update. There are a number of reports stating that the 450 won't heal much at all now. Hope they fix it... I didn't spend all that time and money to have another NPC as useless as Hyuga! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

shojumaru
Nov 17, 2006, 02:56 PM
Yes, this problem is very annoying for those of us who have spent a lot of time raising a PM 450 (including farming 80k or so to feed it, about half of which I made just soloing C dragon). I sent Sonic Team a polite email concerning this problem...I really hope they fix it T^T

Tomeeboy
Nov 17, 2006, 03:07 PM
Has anyone heard anything more about ST looking into this problem on the JP version? I'm going to guess that we won't see a fix in the US version until they come out with one for the JP version (assuming they even feel that a fix is necessary).

shojumaru
Nov 17, 2006, 06:12 PM
Here's the response I was given regarding the problem:

"Since the game received an update, some features may have been removed
or crippled. We will be investigating some of the claims, however, we
do not have an immediate fix or ETA as to when these issues will be
addressed."

Doesn't sound good...I wish they'd just let us know the exact changes with a new patch; you know, like any other MMORPG.

Tomeeboy
Nov 17, 2006, 08:18 PM
Heh.. if they knew the exact changes, maybe they would http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, I can confirm that the 450 is effectively useless as of this update. It does nothing more than cast fire spells now, from what I can tell. I haven't even seen it equip the weapon it uses when healing. I'm going to keep dragging it around with me when I can to keep raising it's battle level, for whenever they fix this.

Edit: Running a mission now and my PM ran over and healed me a couple of times (at the same time).. I was pretty surprised. Not sure if it was a fluke or what, but I'll definitely be seeing if it happens any more.

Mazoku
Nov 18, 2006, 02:11 PM
I just wanted to add that my 450 is still acting just like she always has...on 360.

EC_Subbie
Nov 19, 2006, 05:59 PM
Used my 450 earlier and it acts the same as usual switching between heals and fire/debuff spells. I'm also on 360... Maybe this is a PC only problem?

Mewn
Nov 19, 2006, 06:19 PM
The problem does not affect PSU360, only PC/PS2 users got hit by it. It sucks though for you 450 users http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BloodCrazy
Nov 25, 2006, 08:17 AM
Did they really take the tech PM's resta way? I was in the middle of making one and it would be usless now if they did.

Nepov
Nov 25, 2006, 09:25 AM
Hey guys i really need help on something!!! I made a mistake and rised the striking lv of my PM to 10 on the first phase of 450 making process, now my PM is about 70% of the striking bar towards lv 11 and lv 13 total. I don't know what to do!! is there an item that lowers a lot of striking points? or should i keep using regena and hopes for the best? Thank you very much for your atention...

Husker_Freak
Nov 25, 2006, 11:04 AM
Yep, the GH-450's resta has been taken away/glitched/nerfed. Won't heal at all now.

Mazoku
Nov 25, 2006, 01:16 PM
On 2006-11-19 15:19, Mewn wrote:
The problem does not affect PSU360, only PC/PS2 users got hit by it. It sucks though for you 450 users http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Just wanted to add that the 360 version's 450 is now broken as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Mazoku
Nov 25, 2006, 01:18 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mazoku on 2006-11-26 10:15 ]</font>

Nepov
Nov 26, 2006, 12:12 PM
Err...i still hope some good people could answer my question...please look 3 posts earlier. I really need some attention on my problem, thank you for your time.

Mazoku
Nov 26, 2006, 01:16 PM
On 2006-11-26 09:12, Nepov wrote:
Err...i still hope some good people could answer my question...please look 3 posts earlier. I really need some attention on my problem, thank you for your time.

You're screwed. You can start over when we get the PM Device Zero item.

Nepov
Nov 26, 2006, 04:35 PM
When will be that? I think i heard someone who plays on jp version that he bought one...but will it come with an update? (awmnnn i can't believe i lost 8k very very very hard-earned meseta on 2 days...this is a sad day...)

Mazoku
Nov 26, 2006, 07:13 PM
On 2006-11-26 13:35, Nepov wrote:
When will be that? I think i heard someone who plays on jp version that he bought one...but will it come with an update? (awmnnn i can't believe i lost 8k very very very hard-earned meseta on 2 days...this is a sad day...)

I believe it will be on the next update.

XFoxPrower
Mar 30, 2007, 08:14 PM
I just got mine. Her stats are 50 / 0 / 30 / 0. I can't decide whether I want to use the last 20 levels for Strike or Tech though. Tech would help her battle spells I think, but I'd be synthing more non-tech battle weapons too.

Regolith
Jul 26, 2007, 02:55 AM
So is there any update on this? Mine is level 55 right now, i'm almost there so there's no turning back at this point. Just wondering if there is any update as to if she is getting any better or if she still sucks.

Astarin
Jul 26, 2007, 10:53 AM
The broken 450 was fixed quite a while ago. Go ahead and create your little healbot. When it's finished, you'll also have the option of turning her into a 452, a slightly different support PM.