PDA

View Full Version : Importers Shafted

Shinomaru
Oct 24, 2006, 07:18 PM
thus says psu pedia

"Well, the US official release date is now upon us and many of us are anxiously waiting for copies to arrive by post or for pre-orders to get to shops or whatever. If you manage to get hold of the game today despite the apparent delays and other stuff then you're a lucky sod and I hate you. But enjoy your Gurhalian life, everybody~ Mewn
Edit: It turned out only American credit cards can be used to pay for subscribtions. In practice, this means European and Australian players that imported the American version got shafted, and will not be able to play online for a month, unless they manage to make a deal with contacts resident in the States. Voice your discontent about the issue here, or make an attempt to get Sonic Team to listen and try your luck with the support forms! - Tycho 12:52, 24 October 2006 (PDT) "

JaiBlue
Oct 24, 2006, 07:19 PM
Omg I'm hated NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

EnixBelmont
Oct 24, 2006, 07:20 PM
Damn, that sucks. Glad I live in the USA :/

Thrash777
Oct 24, 2006, 07:22 PM
But EU 360 importers can still play online! yay! ^_^

Xx3of19xX
Oct 24, 2006, 07:30 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:22, Thrash777 wrote:
But EU 360 importers can still play online! yay! ^_^

As long as the game is regionfree.
Any reports on that so far? DVD Boxoffice doesn't get the game until tomorrow (Canada), which means it'll likely be Friday before I get it.

Shinomaru
Oct 24, 2006, 07:30 PM
if im feeling reli generious i mite let people paypal me money and ill buy their licenses used to do that in pso for dreamcast and gamecube.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 24, 2006, 07:31 PM
US here but...wow thats messed up, going out of your way to screw importers is mean http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Xx3of19xX
Oct 24, 2006, 07:32 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:30, Shinomaru wrote:
if im feeling reli generious i mite let people paypal me money and ill buy their licenses used to do that in pso for dreamcast and gamecube.

That didn't work for Blue Burst though. A friend of mine didn't have a CC so when we played the 2 week trial I tried to register an account on my CC for him as well, didn't work. Turned out only one account per CC...

Tystys
Oct 24, 2006, 07:33 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:21, Tystys wrote:
Oh wow, that is so *insert word that represents the amount of suckage this is*. It's the same fucking server, why can't they just accept the cards?

BAH, stupid thing quoted instead of edited.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-10-24 17:35 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Oct 24, 2006, 07:35 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:32, Xx3of19xX wrote:

That didn't work for Blue Burst though. A friend of mine didn't have a CC so when we played the 2 week trial I tried to register an account on my CC for him as well, didn't work. Turned out only one account per CC...

Not true, I had 2 accounts on one CC. The payment system was just bugged all to hell. It would randomly refuse cards it'd previously accepted for other accounts, AND WAS STILL USING FOR THOSE ACCOUNTS.

Edit: My friend has got me the 6 months sub. He's got his own too and somebody elses. Bug your friends, but not TOO much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-10-24 17:36 ]</font>

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 24, 2006, 07:37 PM
Dude that rules though, barely any asian farmers that way

Shinomaru
Oct 24, 2006, 07:43 PM

i have 3 cards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif lol

Saikyn
Oct 24, 2006, 07:49 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:18, Shinomaru wrote:
thus says psu pedia

"Well, the US official release date is now upon us and many of us are anxiously waiting for copies to arrive by post or for pre-orders to get to shops or whatever. If you manage to get hold of the game today despite the apparent delays and other stuff then you're a lucky sod and I hate you. But enjoy your Gurhalian life, everybody~ Mewn
Edit: It turned out only American credit cards can be used to pay for subscribtions. In practice, this means European and Australian players that imported the American version got shafted, and will not be able to play online for a month, unless they manage to make a deal with contacts resident in the States. Voice your discontent about the issue here, or make an attempt to get Sonic Team to listen and try your luck with the support forms! - Tycho 12:52, 24 October 2006 (PDT) "

Sucks for importers. If someone needs help though, i don't mind helping you out.

Elleranda
Oct 24, 2006, 07:58 PM
Good thing my Euro friends have me to sign them up with my card.

DreamTonight
Oct 24, 2006, 08:09 PM
http://vgplus.blogspot.com/2006/10/urgent-notice-phantasy-star-universe.html

Attention to all customers that have preordered Phantasy Star Universe for the PC. We have just been notified from numerous customers that this title will not be playable online in Europe as Sega is not allowing European customers to open up accounts for online play at the moment.

littleman2347
Oct 24, 2006, 08:12 PM
go USA!

Reser
Oct 24, 2006, 08:13 PM
^ Already been posted in Eu importers thread

-Shimarisu-
Oct 24, 2006, 08:39 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:37, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:

Hi.

Shinomaru
Oct 24, 2006, 08:41 PM
On 2006-10-24 18:39, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Hi.

hi as in your a asian farmer or hi as in your an asian mesta farmer?

-Shimarisu-
Oct 24, 2006, 08:44 PM
On 2006-10-24 18:41, Shinomaru wrote:

On 2006-10-24 18:39, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Hi.

hi as in your a asian farmer or hi as in your an asian mesta farmer?

I live in Japan and I'm pretty much a meseta farmer, yes.

As in I have multiple chars with different races to exploit luck.

As in I have multiple accounts.

I'll see you on US.

Shinomaru
Oct 24, 2006, 08:50 PM
im playing ps2 n pc version so doubt ill see you

-Shimarisu-
Oct 24, 2006, 09:00 PM
Er. I think you will.

SpishackCola
Oct 24, 2006, 09:28 PM
lol, I wanna play with Shima http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Shinomaru
Oct 24, 2006, 09:32 PM
well dont reli mind farmers in psu not like they can mess up the economy or my game play not that kinda game. server base rooms not like ffxi where everyone shares argus or other nms lol.

A2K
Oct 24, 2006, 09:37 PM
Are they just not set up to accept European payments at this time? That seems like the likely culprit to me.

McLaughlin
Oct 24, 2006, 10:03 PM
I don't see why they should have the EU payment system up a month before the game launches out there. You're expected to wait, and Sega isn't going out of its way for the few that imported.

Patience is a virtue.

Trinitystar
Oct 24, 2006, 10:20 PM
wow that sucks sorry to here that, hope you guys find a way around it.

rayis
Oct 24, 2006, 10:22 PM
man what a way to screw over the importers :/

DrizaSiegmund
Oct 24, 2006, 10:35 PM
But Mastercard / Visa is meant to be, and always has been an internationally recognised card, infact what's the diffrence between one from au/eu and an american mastercard/visa?

Reser
Oct 24, 2006, 10:42 PM
The address? they will not allow a credit card with an address not from USA till the europe release this is not because they wont later it is because they dont want importers playing till it is the date of their launch.

anyway as far as I am concernced sega can screw themselves, I have been a loyal Sega fan for way too long to be screwed like this, I will get an american friend to make my account, and I will never be a loyal Sega fan again, bought every console they made even the dead in the water Dreamcast and still loved it, they have lost my respect now though... does not mean i wont play PSU, but I will play on American Launch as a european just to shove it in their face.

I am really dissapointed Europeans ar ebeing treated like this by sega when sega done alot better in europe with every one of their consoles yet they still treat us second rate.

Reser,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reser on 2006-10-24 20:48 ]</font>

Nash
Oct 24, 2006, 11:04 PM
ARSE!

Wasn't expecting this, they've never bothered being this strict before.

If you have selected the UK you don't get the option to buy a Guardian's License at all. I registered a new account saying I was in the US, but when purchasing the license then it asks you for the billing address with 'US' unchangeable at the bottom. I put in my address anyway to give it a try, but at the last stage when you click 'Process' it returns with 'Error' and says the whole transaction failed.

Looks like we are stuffed until the EU release http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DrizaSiegmund
Oct 24, 2006, 11:06 PM
Theyve updated the official site, Next to 'Phantasy Star Universe, Buy Now' theyve inserted 'US Only'.
Im too stunned by the Lik-Sang incident i really have no energy to fight this battle too.

DrizaSiegmund
Oct 24, 2006, 11:20 PM
Me jus a min ago:

Hi,
Alot of us are importing the US version of phantasy star universe but you have only allowed applications for guardians licenses in america to proceed.
I am from australia, I speak english, but due to the side of the equator i live on I am restricted by games that are always delayed by months on end even Sega games.

Phantasy Star Online allowed for Hunters Licenses to be accepted with any payment address, so why is it such a problem for europe and australia?
We share the same server as the US, so shouldn't we be treated equally should we decide: "No, we have waited for PSU for long enough now, and we are always constrained by PAL releases" ..?

What would happen If one day I had to move countries and still want to continue playing PSU?

Don't make this mistake.
<name>.

Edit:
Important

On 2006-10-24 21:04, Nash wrote:

If you have selected the UK you don't get the option to buy a Guardian's License at all. I registered a new account saying I was in the US, but when purchasing the license then it asks you for the billing address with 'US' unchangeable at the bottom. I put in my address anyway to give it a try, but at the last stage when you click 'Process' it returns with 'Error' and says the whole transaction failed.

Looks like we are stuffed until the EU release :(

I just went and tried now, and it let me proceed all the way to checking my credit card. Lol ofcorse cause im shamely broke the payment didnt go thru but i'm gonna check it out tonight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrizaSiegmund on 2006-10-24 21:46 ]</font>

Spacepest
Oct 24, 2006, 11:51 PM
On 2006-10-24 17:35, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Not true, I had 2 accounts on one CC. The payment system was just bugged all to hell. It would randomly refuse cards it'd previously accepted for other accounts, AND WAS STILL USING FOR THOSE ACCOUNTS.

Edit: My friend has got me the 6 months sub. He's got his own too and somebody elses. Bug your friends, but not TOO much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-10-24 17:36 ]</font>

I had 3 accounts before on my single credit card. Two were mine for my USA game, one was for a EU friend who sent me payments in the mail. But he's right, the payment system was bugged as all hell...sometimes i'd get my payment refused, and then I'd go and do something silly like enter in all my credit card details IN CAPS and then it would go through. Another friend of mine only got charged on his credit card once and then after that, was never charged again, and his Hunter's License was still valid and active for no charge (the lucky goddamned bastard!).

So yeah, there probably is away around this. But the players who actually get the game in the next day or so should probably brace themselves for all kinds of billing problems once they finally get thier PSU copy and try to go online with it.

Nash
Oct 25, 2006, 12:00 AM
On 2006-10-24 21:20, DrizaSiegmund wrote:
I just went and tried now, and it let me proceed all the way to checking my credit card. Lol ofcorse cause im shamely broke the payment didnt go thru but i'm gonna check it out tonight.

Yeah it's the credit card check that fails with accounts set-up as US.

I've tried 3 variations of my address, adding in UK and England to see if that would trick it, but everytime it returns at the end with 'Error'. And it's listed in your purchases as Transaction Failed.

Only an account set-up as US and using a credit-card with a US billing address is going to work before the EU release it seems. Really gutted about this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif